Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Schlesische posted:

I just want to point out you're agreeing with someone who clearly had taken blunt force trauma as a child.

Somebody with equivalent mental problems had to step up and fill the void left by forums poster Tony Montana, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schlesische posted:

I just want to point out you're agreeing with someone who clearly had taken blunt force trauma as a child.

and yet he is an infinitely better poster than you, mr ice hockey av? seems like your a really dumb retard???

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Yo, iospace, next time, please wait 12 hours or so before putting spoilers in the thread title?

To be fair, saying Ferrari poo poo the bed is about as much of a spoiler as 'Alonso dnf' , or 'Vettel moaned a lot'

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Vettel doesn't moan, he gives an honest assessment of the situation at hand.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Minimal talking.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
Here's a bit on Liberty dragging the F1 fan experience into the 21st century: How Formula 1 plans to digitise fan experience

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frazzbo posted:

Here's a bit on Liberty dragging the F1 fan experience into the 21st century: How Formula 1 plans to digitise fan experience

mods pls rename me fan experience

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Frazzbo posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm a miserable old git who is completely out of touch with what's popular with the kids these days, but I really don't know if this VR and augmented reality stuff is what anyone wants from their digital F1 experience. This is probably how Bernie feels when people mention social media to him.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

track day bro! posted:

I hate british people op they are all pasty, white, fat, retarded and they eat boiled horse meat.

Stop whining about British people eating boiled horse meat. It's just not true.
They eat soggy fries, though, which is significantly worse.

But yeah, boring race. Was hoping Vandoorne was gonna scrape his first points together, but he lost 3 places in 1 pitstop I think, no idea what happened there.
Angry Kimi on the podium was funny, though.
I try not to hate Hamilton, but when he starts his PR speech and goes stage diving with all the integrity of a christian rock band, I can't help myself from hoping the crowd will carry him all the way to the cliffs of dover a hurl him into the north sea.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

mrfart posted:

But yeah, boring race.

loving hell, yes this is true but can we please stop talking about the british?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Theophany posted:

Somebody with equivalent mental problems had to step up and fill the void left by forums poster Tony Montana, I guess.

hes been posting the exact samenthing for years and its obviously a gimmick, its nothing like tony

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I will love it if Liberty gives us a good online service and also lets me subscribe to watch races on my computer or even tablet so I don't miss anything if I have to poop during a race

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Doc Morbid posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm a miserable old git who is completely out of touch with what's popular with the kids these days, but I really don't know if this VR and augmented reality stuff is what anyone wants from their digital F1 experience. This is probably how Bernie feels when people mention social media to him.

All they had to do was announce a streaming service along the lines of MotoGP. That's it. Everything else is window dressing. Possibly entertaining sure, but not the meat of what people want from F1.

iracing F1 wouldn't be too bad though.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Was there no followup on the Ferrari tires? I mean both cars blowing the same tire 1 lap from the end? Italian incompetence isn't that precise, surely

Sharpshooters are, and the British government can deploy the SAS anywhere on British soil in a time of national crisis

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

All they had to do was announce a streaming service along the lines of MotoGP. That's it. Everything else is window dressing. Possibly entertaining sure, but not the meat of what people want from F1.

iracing F1 wouldn't be too bad though.

No way Im heaps more interested in Snapchat discover!!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
track day bro! is a good poster and my friend, please stop the #hate and #beblessed

gently caress HAMILTON AND MERCEDES!

aequalis posted:

Well how else do you think you become a tifoso?

:italy:

Its TIFOSI, you loving racist.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 17, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

track day bro! is a good poster and my friend, please stop the #hate and #beblessed

I can't I don't own a full body condom.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thank you, I'm glad we have some good cool Scud lads in this thread. Mercedes and Hamilton are definitely cheats and should be banned imo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Yo, iospace, next time, please wait 12 hours or so before putting spoilers in the thread title?

Will keep that in mind.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

I didn't realise Lewis Hamilton was tfab.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

I didn't realise Lewis Hamilton was tfab.

Don't be mean to TFAB. He's a gentle hairless, toothless soul with a song in his heart and a sounding rod in his dick. :colbert:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I like tfab. He's a free spirit.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

This is not the mental image I needed in my head at 8:30am Monday morning.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

600 odd unread posts, no way I'm trawling through that :v:

Race weekend highlights:

- Silverstone announcing they've triggered the break clause, hurrah! God only hopes the renegotiation goes terribly and we find somewhere else to host it
- We've got Silverstone out of the way, so now I don't have to think about it for at least another year
- Palmer retiring ridiculously early, absolute perfection. When's he going?
- Kimi getting a puncture, and promoting Vettel onto the podi-oh... never mind :(

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Silverstone is really that important? If they absolutely needs a british GP they cant bring back Brands Hatch or something?

These idiots think that they are Monaco or something, they should gently caress off and leave.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also Silverstone is really that important? If they absolutely needs a british GP they cant bring back Brands Hatch or something?

I don't think its physically possible to make Brands Hatch compliant with F1 safety regulations, or at the very least it'd be hideously expensive to do so, and why bother when Silverstone already exists?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

List of British tracks up to F1 standards:
Silverstone

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well gently caress England then.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

I don't think its physically possible to make Brands Hatch compliant with F1 safety regulations, or at the very least it'd be hideously expensive to do so, and why bother when Silverstone already exists?

After Baku got approved I'm not convinced that anything is off the table on safety grounds anymore. Just gotta grease the right palms.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Carth Dookie posted:

God, imagine the mess to Brands Hatch if Tilke got his hands on it

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Khablam posted:

List of British tracks up to F1 standards:
Silverstone

List of poo poo British tracks:
Silverstone

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pirate Radar posted:

I will love it if Liberty gives us a good online service and also lets me subscribe to watch races on my computer or even tablet so I don't miss anything if I have to poop during a race
Liberty F1: Poop Friendly

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Genuinely not sure why people are on the 'stone hate?
There's several good passing places, most of which put cars together for more than 2 turns.

So y'all want every race to just be straight -> slow corner [PASS HERE IDIOTS] -> random wanky windy bit ?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

After Baku got approved I'm not convinced that anything is off the table on safety grounds anymore. Just gotta grease the right palms.

Be careful what you wish for. If the British GP goes to any MSV owned track you're basically guaranteeing Jolyon Palmer an F1 seat with anybody who'll take a fat wad of cash from Jonathan Palmer, owner of MSV.

Put Silverstone in that context and it is the best circuit to have the British Grand Prix.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Khablam posted:

Genuinely not sure why people are on the 'stone hate?
There's several good passing places, most of which put cars together for more than 2 turns.

So y'all want every race to just be straight -> slow corner [PASS HERE IDIOTS] -> random wanky windy bit ?

Silverstone as a track is pretty good IMO. Especially for formula one. There's some very impressive high g flat out corners that are very cool to watch an F1 car demolish.

The wankery that goes on every year about conditions/costs/survival of the British GP is insufferable though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Be careful what you wish for. If the British GP goes to any MSV owned track you're basically guaranteeing Jolyon Palmer an F1 seat with anybody who'll take a fat wad of cash from Jonathan Palmer, owner of MSV.

Put Silverstone in that context and it is the best circuit to have the British Grand Prix.

I've heard rumours Jonathan Palmer is a oval office, is this true??

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

The British have nothing to bribe berniefat american conglomerate man with. The majority of the tracks that would be considered for F1 are also owned by Jolly Palmers dad now and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to throw cash into a hole to run a massive event for a loss whilst loving up actual good tracks.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I've heard rumours Jonathan Palmer is a oval office, is this true??

Well he's keeping perennial shitlord Jolyon Palmer in an F1 seat, so...

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Liberty will give the BRDC a better deal, they've not got another choice, and the old contract really was absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Liberty F1: Poop Friendly

Nah, they would have found a way to let Brundle do his thing even while making GBS threads his pants.

• Locked thread