Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Haha yah you're right. Trumps campaign should be given cookies and some congrats.

No........there's nothing to the Russian story. It actually makes the Clintons and the DNC look worse than Trump does the more you dig. So they never dig too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tautologicus posted:

So if you were the one going way faster, you're in no position to demand that the slower speeder get a ticket and not you. Sorry about your metaphor

do you agree that I should be let go because other people were speeding or are you just jumping through hoops to miss the point

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
lol the GOP are using ANY excuse they can come up with to not vote on their healthcare bill when racists dipshits like Strom Thurmond continued voting on terrible things literally on their deathbeds

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

haha didnt this happen last december for like 2 weeks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Tautologicus posted:

No........there's nothing to the Russian story. It actually makes the Clintons and the DNC look worse than Trump does the more you dig. So they never dig too far.

How is meeting with a representative of a foreign government to influence an election "nothing"?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

So if you were the one going way faster, you're in no position to demand that the slower speeder get a ticket and not you. Sorry about your metaphor

that's the opposite of what he said :psyduck:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tautologicus posted:

the pee tape is real

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

Yah this is what all normal people are taking away from this whole thing. You're super smart for figuring this all out

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

*in extremely bartender voice* sir you've had too much, legally I can't serve you any more brain smoothing juice

let me call you a cab

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

That's not who the cop pulled over in the metaphor moron. Keep up

The implication of Trump Jr meeting with the Russian lawyer about Clinton dirt was that dirt about Clinton existed. Now in the past 2 days we learned it's actually about the DNC.

Don't care what your stupid cop did

Apr 7, 2003

Tautologicus posted:

The implication of Trump Jr meeting with the Russian lawyer about Clinton dirt was that dirt about Clinton existed. Now in the past 2 days we learned it's actually about the DNC.

Citizen Tayne posted:

How is meeting with a representative of a foreign government to influence an election "nothing"?

Serf
May 5, 2011

i think we're all aware that the don jr. meeting won't matter. having it explained to us why it won't matter is boring

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TBeats posted:

do you agree that I should be let go because other people were speeding or are you just jumping through hoops to miss the point

It's more like the difference between the runner and the dealer than it is 2 speeders. Or to be charitable, the dealer and some guy who narced on him. take your pick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mdemone posted:

tfw when John McCain saves the country from Trumpcare

If he dies and there's even the possibility it prevents a vote, I will finally admit there's a God

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Tautologicus posted:

oh yea I'm sure this super terrible dirt that was handed over ages ago but never came to light is certainly more damning

oh yea

I'm sure

this super terrible dirt

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

If you think you're coming over to buy cocaine but I sell you baking soda then you've still committed a crime. You can't whine that somebody else actually got cocaine and you should have too so you're not a criminal. You're just a stupid fucker who is stuck with baking soda looking like a loving idiot about it because that's the lamest kind of criminal. A lovely one. Still criminal though.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Ramadu posted:

haha didnt this happen last december for like 2 weeks

but this time it... matters

Apr 7, 2003

Serf posted:

i think we're all aware that the don jr. meeting won't matter. having it explained to us why it won't matter is boring

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

trade war going well so far

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

If the adversarial foreign government was meeting with a political party and donating to their campaigns, and you, a member of the rival political party, find out about it, are you part of the crime? No.

Serf
May 5, 2011

ashton zeher is a pretty good name

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also lol, of course the only thing worse than Tayne coming back from a month off and being just as annoying as ever was Taut coming back from a Year off and being More annoying than ever

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tautologicus posted:

If the adversarial foreign government was meeting with a political party and donating to their campaigns, and you, a member of the rival political party, find out about it, are you part of the crime? No.

that's an answer to a totally different question lmao

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Tautologicus posted:

Meeting with the Russians is not treason. They weren't working against the interests of the United States. They were finding out about collusion between the other political party and Russia. What actual evidence of collusion do you have between the Trump campaign and Russia? None. Meanwhile the DNC during election '16 is looking shadier and shadier...

Where are you seeing the content of what Russia gave the Trump campaign? You're taking it as a fact that they gave Trump evidence of collusion between Russian and the DNC. What are you talking about? And don't just say, "It came out in the last few days." Or say, "But the Ukraine..." Be specific. Where are you seeing that Trump Jr met with the Russians to get info about the DNC and Russia colluding?

Like, I think MAYBE you're talking about the Ukraine stuff. But I have seen nothing that says that's what the Trump Jr meeting was about.

And "But if the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton, that means there was dirt about Hillary Clinton, and that it points to ties between Russia and Hillary" completely ignores that this info, if it existed, could have been linked to hacked emails.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The next question is, if Russia wanted Trump to win so bad, why were Russian bigshots donating to the DNC??? Maybe none of you are being told the truth about anything. Maybe it gets real murky

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Happy third anniversary of that time Russia shot down a civilian aircraft and we all just kinda said whatever

Serf
May 5, 2011

reminds me of the zohar from xenosaga. remember that game? that was a good game

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tautologicus posted:

The next question is, if Russia wanted Trump to win so bad, why were Russian bigshots donating to the DNC??? Maybe none of you are being told the truth about anything. Maybe it gets real murky

holy poo poo #wokeasfuckkkkkkkk

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TBeats posted:

that's an answer to a totally different question lmao

What other question was it an answer to

Apr 7, 2003

Tautologicus posted:

So, if I shoot a guy because I am a time traveler from the future and I know I'll prevent a war by doing so, I actually haven't committed a crime?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

trade war going well so far

he built a wall on the stock market graphs

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

TRUMP: *Fires Mueller*

TAUTOLOGICUS: "Why is nobody digging into this Russia thing? The DNC must be scared we'll dig too deep!"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
There's nothing wrong with John McCain, he's hiding out in his den watching Matlock reruns. Doctors are going to find "complications" that keep him out longer than a week.
A bunch of senators didn't want to vote on the bill so they drew straws to see who would take one of the team so turtle would have to delay the vote.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thrawn527 posted:

Where are you seeing the content of what Russia gave the Trump campaign? You're taking it as a fact that they gave Trump evidence of collusion between Russian and the DNC. What are you talking about? And don't just say, "It came out in the last few days." Or say, "But the Ukraine..." Be specific. Where are you seeing that Trump Jr met with the Russians to get info about the DNC and Russia colluding?

Like, I think MAYBE you're talking about the Ukraine stuff. But I have seen nothing that says that's what the Trump Jr meeting was about.

And "But if the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton, that means there was dirt about Hillary Clinton, and that it points to ties between Russia and Hillary" completely ignores that this info, if it existed, could have been linked to hacked emails.

Posted it above

http://nypost.com/2017/07/14/lawyer-who-met-with-trump-brought-dnc-related-documents/

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Atoramos posted:

TRUMP: *Fires Mueller*

TAUTOLOGICUS: "Why is nobody digging into this Russia thing? The DNC must be scared we'll dig too deep!"

Has that happened?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
guys did you ever notice that corporations and countries donate to both parties

:smugdog:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe.... trump isn't bad. ???

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

Hahaha ok nice troll

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Tautologicus posted:

Has that happened?

Yes. Also, I am a time traveler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Tonk posted:

guys did you ever notice that corporations and countries donate to both parties

:smugdog:

So how can anyone claim that there was Russian favoritism towards Trump, if you admit that's the case. This game goes far deeper than political favoritism. They want to sow chaos and confusion.

• Locked thread