Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

My fist actually went through the screen before I remembered that the internet doesn't work that way.

I didn't think a cartoonist would come along who'd irritate me as much as Garrison or Branco, but here we are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Those are are some really good comics that make me angry exactly in the way the author probably intended.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That cultural appropriation one is definitely the best, in terms of provoking the viewer.
Reminds me of the constant shitheads I see railing about how "I never owned slaves! Those were my ancestors, not me!" but at the same time "White people made this world, we invented every good piece of culture and science, like gunpowder and arithmetic."
You know, taking all the credit for their race's accomplishments while denying any benefit from historical wrongdoing.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

JaggerMcDagger posted:

The best part about that one is its literally an already existing redpanel.

The concept makes me mad so I'm going to focus on irrelevant details. I can't even figure out what she's holding in the last panel. A plastic spoon?

Plus, even ignoring the rest of it, who holds things like that? Right arm stuck straight out to the side, left arm also stuck straight out except bent downwards... I mean, it's not quite Rall-bad, but mostly because the proportions stay the same between frames.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I'm glad we could find the Polititoons equivalent of FunKidsSmile.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vib Rib posted:

You know, taking all the credit for their race's accomplishments while denying any benefit from historical wrongdoing.

That is one thing us white people are really good at.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Is Ramirez accurately identifying the immiseration of the masses through automation and modern labor practices? Does he think the current GOP gives a poo poo about this?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would like to apply for a job straightening out that robot's face

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Is Ramirez accurately identifying the immiseration of the masses through automation and modern labor practices? Does he think the current GOP gives a poo poo about this?

The usual Republican line on automation is "better lower the minimum wage or business owners will just replace their ungrateful greedy workers with cheap robots as is their god-given right as job creators"

would be surprised if that wasn't Ramirez's take here

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

quote:

I started the (he he) Silly Comic series on the 20th of January on a Twitter account called @sillyfunnycomic. I soon had my account permanently suspended from Twitter for my comics because of "targeted abuse". Twitter still refuses to tell me which of my comics they were referring to.

Sounds like it's time to re-report them.

...what is "gab.bai"?

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

The usual Republican line on automation is "better lower the minimum wage or business owners will just replace their ungrateful greedy workers with cheap robots as is their god-given right as job creators"

I guess they're not smart enough to figure out that it's a race to the bottom that can never be won by the meatbags. Or don't give a poo poo.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

A good edit? Not sure who did this.

Probably would have been a better edit if they changed the weird polar bear and other symbols.

Disproportionate Orphan fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 17, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pembroke Fuse posted:

I guess they're not smart enough to figure out that it's a race to the bottom that can never be won by the meatbags. Or don't give a poo poo.

It's the second one

picture the underwear gnomes, but with the order of the steps changed slightly

1. abolish minimum wage
2. (short-term) PROFIT! (for shareholders)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

loquacius posted:

It's the second one

picture the underwear gnomes, but with the order of the steps changed slightly

1. abolish minimum wage
2. (short-term) PROFIT! (for shareholders)

Profit is literally the only thing that ever matters. The invisible hand takes care of everything else!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I know the liberal coyote in Prickly City doesn't actually say or do anything liberal but cmon, there isn't a liberal in the country who isn't looking forward to 2018.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The people not only predicting robots taking all the jobs but salivating over it are just weird

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Unless they build robots for a living or something, yeah

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

zakharov posted:

The people not only predicting robots taking all the jobs but salivating over it are just weird

It will be awesome once we invent a society where we can military crush our enemies with huge zergs of robots and do nothing the whole day. Maybe write poetry.

We are one german philosopher away from nirvana.

Basically "The culture", from I.Banks

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Prism posted:

I can't even figure out what she's holding in the last panel. A plastic spoon?

My guess is:

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'd expect one from Peters, being a Pittsburgh native (I think?) as well.

Fellow yinzer Bish checking in:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Is this real?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I really don't get Sean Delonas. Trump seems like exactly the kind of guy he, a fellow flesh monster masquerading as a human being, would love. Although overall the cartoon sort of has a mixed message so who knows.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I too hate democracy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would accept this argument if it came in the form of a rap rather than pen scribbling on printer paper

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Is this real?

Search your heart, you know it to be real.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Tension, apprehension,
And dissension have begun.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

zakharov posted:

You don't think it'd be a good thing if people didn't have to work to live anymore?
I mean, republican's aren't salivating over robots taking over to make life easier, they're salivating over robots turning poors into a new slave class.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sandpuppy posted:

My guess is:

Ugh, of course.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Every AF Branco cartoon posted:

Nuh uh.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

A good edit? Not sure who did this.

Probably would have been a better edit if they changed the weird polar bear and other symbols.

Thank you for this.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

A Pepe Tauroctony? Now I have literally seen everything.

zakharov posted:

It'll kick rear end if and only if we combine it with a Basic Minimum Income high enough to be comfortable on.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

These Loss edits keep getting more and more abstract and mainstream, I tell you.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I really don't get Sean Delonas. Trump seems like exactly the kind of guy he, a fellow flesh monster masquerading as a human being, would love. Although overall the cartoon sort of has a mixed message so who knows.

The only thing consistent about Delonas is his unwavering hatred for humanity, which crosses partisan lines. I almost respect him for it in a way. Unless it involves Bill Clinton, then the prostitute gear comes out.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

You just have to look at Mezzacotta to see that robots can already make better cartoons than Ramirez.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Somebody please do a dickbutt edit!

I would, but...:effort:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Labels: British Mandate, Exodus, Immigrants, Palestinians, Refugees, survivors, The Exodus ship, World War II

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I mean Satan is evil incarnate and all abominations are possible beneath his gaze... but these guys killed four people!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Hmm, the title of that comic seems to be dangerously close to implying that the palestinians are in fact an occupied and and oppressed people. Are you sure that's what you intended, Kirschen?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Philip Hammond and the public sector pay cap – Chancellor Philip Hammond has urged caution over moves to lift the public sector pay cap, arguing workers in the sector remain, on average, better compensated than their private counterparts due to better pensions"

Telegraph:

Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker to be 13th Doctor – and first woman in role

Independent:

Times:

Ministry of Defence facing 'hundreds of millions in hidden costs' for new fighter jets

Evening Standard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Love the references in this one.

"I'd just put Stephen Bannon into a taxi. Stephen had been mixing his rye with his gin, and I just felt that he needed conveying. Well, anyway, I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, 'Good evening, Mr. Trump.' Well, I turned around and there was John Miller leaning up against a lamp-post."

• Locked thread