Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when Gaga decided the person she wanted to sing "Do what you want, what you want with my body" with was R Kelly and absolutely nobody around her told her this might be a bad idea

Gaga is still around?

At least I know Ed Balls is still relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

hot take: Chuck Tingle taking current events verbatim and going "POUNDED IN THE BUTT BY THIS CURRENT EVENT" is still extremely funny

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

TMMadman posted:

It'll be real funny if turns out that McCain was so "deeply troubled" by the healthcare bill that he deliberately slowed his recovery long enough to prevent it from getting voted on.

Never put any faith in McCain doing something good, that way lies madness

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

deadgoon posted:

why's so many people bent out of shape over dude

i cant even tell some randos white noise posts from my own idgaf

dg sometimes it takes a no man's land post to make us appreciate what we really have :shobon:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

King of the Beach posted:

idk i guess a 19yo woman doesnt have the fully developed mind and logic that an experienced goon possesses that enables them to avoid such pitfalls...

when i was 19yo i woulda been a d&d poster probly lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

Do you have mesothelioma? Call now or visit me so book dot com!

We're selling overstocked CPAP machines for LESS than your insurance deductible!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I want that to be a verbatim title at some point

That had to be what he's working towards, there's no other explanation

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Even though Trump has invoked Pittsburgh, he's never actually been in the city. When he campaigned here, he went to a suburban recycling facility and had his photo taken in front of a giant wall of trash.

thats not a nice way to describe the first church of michael douglas redentor

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shageletic posted:

Healthcare not moving this week, means that there are only about 20 more legislative days for the Senate to pass it before the August recess. Factor in days of Dem obstruction and parliamentary qs regarding its ability to conciliate with the House bill, that's doable but hard going. If it doesn't happen tho by the August recess, here's what the Repubs are looking at:

They're also trying to pass tax reform, which is a whole headache of its own. Couple that with the debt ceiling, the 2018 funding appropriations, defense appropriations for AF and Iraq (which have representatives from both parties introducing bills to stop), its a lot to handle.

The ideal would be to drag health care into 2018, where it could pass in the spring after the House and Senate have to revote on new bills, making it the singular issue of the 2018 cycle.

That's something no Repub wants.

I think the only way it won't pass is it McCain doesn't make it back to the senate. In the meanwhile turtle must be furiously trying to bribe the holdouts with everything he's got. Even if someone like Murkowski votes for it, they think he'll be able to undo any damage with a new super highway or rail system or whatever the gently caress they can throw at Alaska.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i like to imagine some security apparatchik not letting him play with his telephone during meetings but he got worn down by the idiocy of trumps questions

it would fit trump's M.O if he was completely insufferable during meetings when he actually pays attention

"now if we act quickly enough we might be able to prevent a civil-"
"is this about nukes"
"no, why w-"
"UGH BORRRRING"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it's not and it got tired months ago

it's slightly above your average rando making a covfefe joke

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

Also at the start of the Reagan administration America was totally in the shitter. We got our asses kicked in Vietnam, Nixon happened, and the Carter while being probably the most decent of all recent presidents was simply as depressing as gently caress. Further there was the Iran hostage crisis which total hosed with everyone. So at that point in time a confident and charismatic leader was not only important, but might have been the most important thing to have at that point.

counterpoint: we are still cleaning up the fallout from Reagan's economic policies and Clinton's adaptation of them

I don't really care about National Morale or whatever, charisma got him elected but the most important thing was probably still having someone in office without Reagan's policies

Apr 7, 2003

twitter and bisted posted:

no they aren't, retard

The Penguins are going to win three consecutive Cups and the internet sports world is going to melt down and it will be wonderful.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's not and it got tired months ago

it's slightly above your average rando making a covfefe joke

dude he writes actual books about current events buttfucking

if you dont think that rules then youre no longer welcome in the chuckle barn

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Citizen Tayne posted:

Even though Trump has invoked Pittsburgh, he's never actually been in the city. When he campaigned here, he went to a suburban recycling facility and had his photo taken in front of a giant wall of trash.

So he campaigned at the platonic ideal of Pittsburgh?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

punchymcpunch posted:

when i was 19yo i woulda been a d&d poster probly lmao

I was a d&d poster once, long ago, when I idealistically believed people weren't garbo at heart who would vote for Orange Hitler Baby

those were more innocent times :sigh:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Yinlock posted:

it would fit trump's M.O if he was completely insufferable during meetings when he actually pays attention

"now if we act quickly enough we might be able to prevent a civil-"
"is this about me, the president who won by the biggest electoral college victory of all time?"
"no, why w-"
"UGH BORRRRING"

ftfy

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
July
http://trumpbone.zone

• 44 states and DC refused to give Trump's election commission its voter data.
• Trump tweets a gif of him at Wrestlemania beating up a CNN logo.
• North Korea tests a new missile and Trump asks "Does this guy have anything better to do with his life?"
• US and South Korea start running drills and tests after NK's missile launch.
• Trump reaffirms NATO mutual defense clause on his trip to the G20.
• White House discussed using CNN as leverage in the AT&T - Time Warner merger.
• Trump tells Putin it "is an honor to be with him" at their first face-to-face meeting. Putin denied election hacking after pressed by Trump twice. The meeting was supposed to be 45 minutes and went two hours instead.
• Trump tweets "Everyone" is talking about John Podesta not giving the DNC server to the FBI and CIA. John Podesta doesn't work for the DNC.
• Donald Trump Jr met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer who told him she had damaging info on Hillary in June 2016. He met with her with Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort.
• NY Times told Junior that they had the e-mail chain of him confirming that the Russian government wanted to help Trump's campaign. Junior then decides to tweet out the e-mails on his own, incriminating himself.
• The White House won't say if Jared still has security clearance or not.
• Trump tweets he has bery little time for watching TV, minutes after someone on MSNBC said he needs to stop watching TV.
• Senate Republicans released a new health care bill, this time keep some taxes on the wealthy and introducing a Cruz amendment, which would let insurance companies offer deregulated plans along with Obamacare ones.
• Trump defends Junior by saying most people would've took a meeting with the Russian government for oppo.
• A video from 2013 shows Trump having dinner with the people tied to the Junior e-mail, Aras and Emin Aralarov, and their publicist Rob Goldstone.
• A former Russian counterintelligence officer was also at the meeting with Junior.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Brain Curry posted:

poo poo city for poo poo people, like Trump voters.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Gaga is still around?

She is a country singer now lol

Apr 7, 2003

Brain Curry posted:

Wow, what the gently caress.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

peeonwe posted:

what was it like to see trump standing in front of all of ur posts?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

loquacius posted:

hot take: Chuck Tingle taking current events verbatim and going "POUNDED IN THE BUTT BY THIS CURRENT EVENT" is not funny anymore

speaking of butts though, what eventually happened to Steve Scalise's butt

I sort of stopped following ButtWatch 2017, is the butt okay

I agree but tbh I never got the appeal in the first place

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

ive queued up a megaprobe because i think nml has been permabanned at least once and dodging a perma aint cricket as the english (british) say!!!!!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

dg sometimes it takes a no man's land post to make us appreciate what we really have :shobon:

when u said this

Chokes McGee posted:

can we just probate this dumb gently caress and move on or something he's interrupting my morning ranch chat

i thought u were talking about trump

because i didnt notice or read any of nml's posts

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
those who are unstained from d&d should be treated as superior posters in cspam

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

maybe the books are funny, I don't read them

but the tweets are super one-note and the note is really f'in long by now

16 tied whole notes in a row, the clarinetist needs to take a breath soon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also true

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

hot take: Chuck Tingle taking current events verbatim and going "POUNDED IN THE BUTT BY THIS CURRENT EVENT" is not funny anymore

speaking of butts though, what eventually happened to Steve Scalise's butt

I sort of stopped following ButtWatch 2017, is the butt okay

chuck tingle is a funny guy maybe you just dont get the joke

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I saw Trump's tweet today and it was amazing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

peeonwe posted:

those who are unstained from d&d should be treated as superior posters in cspam

im pretty sure all of us are castaways from d&d for being too sane

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

peeonwe posted:

what was it like to see trump standing in front of all of ur posts?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when Gaga decided the person she wanted to sing "Do what you want, what you want with my body" with was R Kelly and absolutely nobody around her told her this might be a bad idea

yeah but it was also the last great gaga song

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

it's mad libs, yinlock

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Yinlock posted:

im pretty sure all of us are castaways from d&d for being too sane

i was never a d&d poster b/c if i wanted to hear a list of all the fallacies, i would give a philosophy major a handy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[full metal jacket voice] ohh me so thelioma

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

This thread title keeps making me think of the aristocrats and how totally appropriate that is

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

thats a nice fallin down outfit dudes wearin
why he walk backwards into the net starring sandra bullock 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Iron Crowned posted:

Gaga is still around?

She did pretty well at the Super Bowl with a fleet of drones.

• Locked thread