Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

GaussianCopula posted:

I think it would be easier to apply for "community/organisation" access and not streaming partner access.

Good Call, I just hit both the partners manager and the community manager! Already doubled my followers on https://www.twitch.tv/nuzzletops since an hour ago. Let's stay diligent goons and we'll get this thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just buy Grimmz an account here. He can be our designated twitch streamer.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Greenmangaming.com promotion started yesterday with 27% off.

So I picked it up. Very intense game, forces me to stop running and gunning and think about what the hell I want to do. So far made it to 5, only died because I didn't know the circle would kill you that fast when it is that small.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Please do not fix vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscVyusZD_o

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

RizieN posted:

Good Call, I just hit both the partners manager and the community manager! Already doubled my followers on https://www.twitch.tv/nuzzletops since an hour ago. Let's stay diligent goons and we'll get this thing!

Followed you.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
please follow and sub my twitch account dont forget to also send me bits and here is my paypal for 'tips' also and oops i just took my shirt off on camera my bad

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Don't give away Juniper's marketing gimmick before she sets up the channel jeez

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

benzine posted:

Followed you.

Gracias!

I've gotten responses from the Partner manager putting me in touch with the community manager, so we're talking a bit right now. We're going to have to prove growth if they let us do this thing though. Which should be easy since I've gained 174% growth since posting today! We'll obviously do really cool poo poo like tournaments and competitions and silly things and we'll stream it all to each other so I think it should all be okay if we can gain access to this custom client.

Also, we may need a web person to do something decent but basic with https://www.goonleague.com - I own the domain but I suck at web dev.

We need to compile some information first:

quote:

A little about your company
Social media links (Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, Discord, Website)

Social media Metrics for streaming channels (followers, Avg viewership, average YouTube video views, etc)

Previous Events you've done and links to VODs and such (if applicable)
Current plans for Custom Game Access (high level overview of planned events)
Your expected and planned audience (My friends want to play custom games together, probably wont make the cut)
Any Players that you sponsor or endorse that would be making use of CGA(if applicable)
Any Extra information that you think may be relevant to the application to help us understand who you are what you'd like to do with PUBG.
Your personal favorite weapon in PUBG. (Yes, we're serious :D)

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

please follow and sub my twitch account dont forget to also send me bits and here is my paypal for 'tips' also and oops i just took my shirt off on camera my bad

"You're account has been banned. Reason: Showing breasts while streaming"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If you don't put Micro-Uzi for favorite weapon I'll be severely disappointed.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

i prefer pubgtracker.com, because it has more stats to comb through and make you feel better about hiding your way to the top

Or if you're me, hiding your way to the bottom

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

PantsBandit posted:

If you don't put Micro-Uzi for favorite weapon I'll be severely disappointed.

This is no problem.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What is this poo poo? You need to be a Youtube star in order to host a custom game?

I don't wanna prove I have growth I just wanna shoot (at) dudes in the video game I paid $30 for.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I learned today that an energy drink can heal you past the 75% marker. I was wondering why my fellow goon was asking if I had one last night when we were playing. I thought they were thirsty. :(

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Popete posted:

What is this poo poo? You need to be a Youtube star in order to host a custom game?

I don't wanna prove I have growth I just wanna shoot (at) dudes in the video game I paid $30 for.

It's only during this Early Access phase of the game. I think it's available to everyone once it's "actually released"...

You don't necessarily have to be a stream star though, you just need to represent a large or growing e-sports/gaming community. Which is cool, I get that, the game has been SO loving POPULAR and has stayed popular even while major streamers with 20,000+ viewers rip on the game and complain about it being broken (it's loving early access...) it's still popular and I think it's because of the streamers really. I mean, the game is great and addicting and awesome, but a lot of people wouldn't know about it at all if it wasn't popular on twitch. If every user could create "content" for this game then there would be a lot of very mediocre bullshit to sift through. But as it is now the top 3 or 4 streamers in FPS competitive games are all playing this game.

Summit & DrDisRespect get 25k+ viewers on the regular. People will watch their streams, get stoked, and go play the game and realize they loving suck. It's like watching a snowboard or <enter sport> video before you go ride, you get amped and think you're good too until you break an arm. Stream stars are stoking the fire I think. But, goons are notoriously awesome and funny and p. cool people to kick it with so I think we've got a legitimate chance. Or... they'll give it to us a week before everyone gets it.

e; I also think we should develop goonleague.com and put up brackets and streams though, it should help our cause. I can get something temporary set up, but I'm not good at web dev really.

Lladre posted:

I learned today that an energy drink can heal you past the 75% marker. I was wondering why my fellow goon was asking if I had one last night when we were playing. I thought they were thirsty. :(

If you drink 2, or get your adrenaline/boost meter high enough you run faster too (noted by the running man icon next to the + health icon). Boosters can be the difference between winning and losing at the end.

RizieN fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 17, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Lladre posted:

Does it do anything else? AFAIK it's just the slow heal, right?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Also, it and painkillers are the only way to get back above 75% beyond a medkit.

75% is a SIGNIFICANT difference to 100% health with damage of weapons in the game.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

RizieN posted:

e; I also think we should develop goonleague.com and put up brackets and streams though, it should help our cause. I can get something temporary set up, but I'm not good at web dev really.

You should feature the Discord in some from, given that it has >300 active members and several squads active almost 24/7

kejting
Jul 17, 2017
Have they fixed the super wonky vehicle physics yet? That annoyed the hell out of me when I was playing like a month or two ago.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Snapes N Snapes posted:

I would very much like to see this.

daaaaaamn

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159713049

it starts at like exactly 3:10:00

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

GaussianCopula posted:

You should feature the Discord in some from, given that it has >300 active members and several squads active almost 24/7

How should this be handled? Open membership? I remember in the past I used to have to do all kinds of poo poo to prove I was a forum member.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Yes, I tried last time but I got the generic response, despite having 850 members at the time. Now we have 950 or more, but we also picked up a goon that has a lot of twitch followers, so we'll see where this goes.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Does it do anything else? AFAIK it's just the slow heal, right?

The bar gives you extra benefits as it goes up. Each level gives you additional health regen, level 3 adds in faster running. And I might be wrong about this but I thought I heard that max boost gives you smoother aim? Not sure on that one though.

Pills fill up more of the bar than energy drinks. Adrenaline shot is max boost.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

RizieN posted:

How should this be handled? Open membership? I remember in the past I used to have to do all kinds of poo poo to prove I was a forum member.

Do you have stairs in your house?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

PantsBandit posted:

The bar gives you extra benefits as it goes up. Each level gives you additional health regen, level 3 adds in faster running. And I might be wrong about this but I thought I heard that max boost gives you smoother aim? Not sure on that one though.

Pills fill up more of the bar than energy drinks. Adrenaline shot is max boost.

First two bars is healing, third bar is run speed, last bar is less spread.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Neon Belly posted:

First two bars is healing, third bar is run speed, last bar is less spread.

Ok yeah I thought it was something like that but for some reason it doesn't have an icon like health regen and run speed do.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

1500 posted:

Greenmangaming.com promotion started yesterday with 27% off.

So I picked it up. Very intense game, forces me to stop running and gunning and think about what the hell I want to do. So far made it to 5, only died because I didn't know the circle would kill you that fast when it is that small.

Did you get it on a personal code or is there some site-wide promo? Still shows full price on the product page. Trying to get a buddy a copy.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Tonetta posted:

this probably has more to do with you sitting in private channels & statsing people as a pre-requisite of replying to them whatsoever than the demand for a private server.

My goddamn private ivory channel. Actually the reason I even made the private channel was because when I'm playing, I don't need someone coming in and being loud. This game relies a crazy amount on sound. I joined a public channel the other day, I was in the top 7 of my game and a newer goon comes in and starts talking, mostly asking if we're in a game or whatever. I do a very loud "SHHHHHHHHHHHH", then he asks again so I "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" again. He still doesn't get the message. He starts talking again so I say "Shut up shut up shut up." Yet he keeps talking. I tell him to shut up again. Still keeps talking. So I had to alt-tab (again, in the last 7) and kick him from the Discord. It's the first time I've kicked anyone. Hell, I only took away Umdrehung's ability to post links when he linked goat.se and made his name blend to the background.

Now, as far as playing with people closer to my skill level goes, well, you have to understand you can only play with 4 people. The other thing you have to understand is that there is Match Making by Rank in this game. That rank is probably averaged through your team, so if you really want to play with me, we can play. What will probably happen is you will die early, because the competition is harder than you're used to. I will, in general, have a pretty easy time since your low rank will probably bring the average up out of the top tier. Since its easier competition for me, I'll probably rack up kills while you spectate me for 25 minutes while I make top 10 or win. This is what happened to hindered, who is my long time friend way back from the Counter-Strike days. He didn't get a single kill, while me and oovee went on massive kill streaks and got 3rd place and won. I can't imagine that's very fun for him, as I prefer to play rather than spectate.

On the other hand, if you've sneaky snaked yourself up a respectable ranking, we will stay in the highest tier of match making, and we will run into the best of the best. You can get your head taken off by Viss or my old Arma 3 BR squad mates like Great Cornholio and Paaaradox who are ranked 2 and 5, the second you peak, then I'll get gunned down shortly after and blame it on being out numbered. And then that won't be fun for me either.

I do not like MMR, I wish it was not in game, and I would "care" a lot less and gently caress around a lot more with different people. In DayZ, or any of the spin Arma off mods, I ran around with big goon groups even though most of them were bad. It didn't matter, there was no limit on group size.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

VulgarandStupid posted:

My goddamn private ivory channel. Actually the reason I even made the private channel was because when I'm playing, I don't need someone coming in and being loud. This game relies a crazy amount on sound. I joined a public channel the other day, I was in the top 7 of my game and a newer goon comes in and starts talking, mostly asking if we're in a game or whatever. I do a very loud "SHHHHHHHHHHHH", then he asks again so I "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" again. He still doesn't get the message. He starts talking again so I say "Shut up shut up shut up." Yet he keeps talking. I tell him to shut up again. Still keeps talking. So I had to alt-tab (again, in the last 7) and kick him from the Discord. It's the first time I've kicked anyone. Hell, I only took away Umdrehung's ability to post links when he linked goat.se and made his name blend to the background.

This is very annoying. So many times people come into a channel where the fourth left because they died and the rest are deep into a game, then some shithead comes in and doesn't stop talking. Just come in and wait until the round is over fuckers.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

cosmicjim posted:

Do you have stairs in your house?

Perfect. Can we make a discord bot that knows the answer to this question? I bet there are new goons (millennials of course) that don't even know the answer.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Holy poo poo molotovs are useless in this game. Some guy managed to hit my full in the face with one during early looting and I just calmly shot him to death while I burned. Then I laid in the fire and looted his corpse and it only took my down to about 50% health.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

RizieN posted:

Gracias!

I've gotten responses from the Partner manager putting me in touch with the community manager, so we're talking a bit right now. We're going to have to prove growth if they let us do this thing though. Which should be easy since I've gained 174% growth since posting today! We'll obviously do really cool poo poo like tournaments and competitions and silly things and we'll stream it all to each other so I think it should all be okay if we can gain access to this custom client.

Also, we may need a web person to do something decent but basic with https://www.goonleague.com - I own the domain but I suck at web dev.

We need to compile some information first:

Boats only infinite grenades only game mode please thanks.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lol sometimes I play with a podcast playing fuk it

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol sometimes I play with a podcast playing fuk it

SHHHHHHHH! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

RizieN posted:

Perfect. Can we make a discord bot that knows the answer to this question? I bet there are new goons (millennials of course) that don't even know the answer.

The real answer is making something exclusive on the internet doesn't mean the same thing as it used to. Don't tie yourself down to the rat infested sinking ship. Use it as a springboard.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Popete posted:

SHHHHHHHH! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

Guys I found a backpack do we all have one

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Who wants this crossbow quiver?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Your lovely MMR is causing me to get too many kills, give me all your guns so I can continue to carry this team.

THIS IS NOT FUN FOR ME

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yes, I tried last time but I got the generic response, despite having 850 members at the time. Now we have 950 or more, but we also picked up a goon that has a lot of twitch followers, so we'll see where this goes.

Followers or Viewers? No one cares about followers, viewers are good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
[3rd circle, looting random house squad passes by] Hey guys I found a uh UMP does anyone need one? Does anyone need a UMP? I have a couple spare SMG quickdraw magazines if you want this UMP come get it.

• Locked thread