Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Crows Turn Off posted:

Hypothetically, if Mueller's team concludes that Trump's team did a bunch of illegal poo poo, what are the next steps? Does Mueller himself charge Trump's team with the crimes? Then, is it up to the DOJ to act on those charges (arresting people, etc)? Does Congress actually get involved at that point, are they still needed for impeachment?

My understanding is that Mueller himself cannot charge anyone with anything - he can simply compile his findings and then report them to congress, at which point Trump is either exonerated (lol) or Congress has to deal with a respected source putting enormous pressure on them to either impeach or come up with a drat good story for their voters back home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Trump had a chance to eat a bunch of WV pepperoni rolls and instead brought in Fiesta bowls.

edit: although really I'm surprised he didn't just make someone bring in coal.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

enraged_camel posted:

Speaking as someone who used to teach personal finance and budgeting to low-income kids and their families... It's not that simple. A lot of people would take the $500 now because they need it NOW to pay for rent, food, medicine etc.

Furthermore there is the issue of trust. I personally wouldn't trust you if you told me you would pay me $25 per month forever. What if you declare bankruptcy, or simply disappear? So in your theoretical scenario I too might also just take the $500.

Bottom line is that a lot of people who seem bad with money are actually good with money but have different burdens, priorities and/or their decision-making is affected by different past experiences.

Look at you, with your nuance and context. You're gonna need to have those registered, this is the Post-Escalator Era (PEE) and this country has no use for things like that.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

... or come up with a drat good story for their voters back home.
Does it even really need to be a drat good story? Couldn't the Republicans just say "Mueller is fake news, a liberal, pushing an agenda, Making America Bad Again, etc" and then it would be fine, like every other time they need to explain their actions?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
West Virginia - Homer Laughlin China Company - Iconic fiesta line of china

In my mind's eye, I can only see a latin-tastic party along the top of the entire length of the great wall, with the biggest saint's candles ever. This party never ends.
It's my imagination, so everyone is joyously happy and has a bottle of negro modelo. :3:

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 17, 2017

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Rhode Island Produces: Beer you can only buy in Rhode Island

Gonna be real hard to explain how I bought this in Nashua, NH then:

:v:

Personally I find the Sikorsky entry for Connecticut to be weird. It says "model helicopters". I thought Sikorsky produced normal-sized helicopters.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Crows Turn Off posted:

Does it even really need to be a drat good story? Couldn't the Republicans just say "Mueller is fake news, a liberal, pushing an agenda, Making America Bad Again, etc" and then it would be fine, like every other time they need to explain their actions?

As much as people like to exaggerate in this thread, representatives are at least sort of afraid of being voted out of office. Any congressman with a remote amount of competition will start to feel the heat if they ignore it outright like that.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Roman mars just did a podcast about suing the president and you absolutely can, just not for presidential acts does as president. Clinton getting sued is the reason he was under oath to even have a chance for perjury.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Phoix posted:

Trump had a chance to eat a bunch of WV pepperoni rolls and instead brought in Fiesta bowls.

edit: although really I'm surprised he didn't just make someone bring in coal.

I like that Sikorsky is bringing a model helicopter. "Sikorsky, as we all know, makes some of the truly great model helicopters. The best, really."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

I like that Sikorsky is bringing a model helicopter. "Sikorsky, as we all know, makes some of the truly great model helicopters. The best, really."

And Aviat's bringing this aircraft all the way from Wyoming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZJsla2TG6E

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

Personally I find the Sikorsky entry for Connecticut to be weird. It says "model helicopters". I thought Sikorsky produced normal-sized helicopters.

Helicopters with clean criminal records, model citizens. :backtowork:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Angry_Ed posted:

New Hampshire isn't a real place

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Crows Turn Off posted:

Enough congresscreatures have gotten spooked enough by the backlash to the healthcare bill that, yeah, I still think we're going to see some major squirming at the very least if/when Mueller delivers the goods.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Really ridiculously good looking helicopters.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kafka Esq. posted:

Really ridiculously good looking helicopters.
But are they in good shape?

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

There's all sorts of weird wording exceptions in that list, like when they decide to say the crab pot company product is "crab pot manufacturer"

The one that gets me is the Wisconsin company that makes "Two firetrucks". Two models of firetrucks? Did they sent two firetrucks to the white house? If so, how many hats is Stetson going to send?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

My understanding is that Mueller himself cannot charge anyone with anything - he can simply compile his findings and then report them to congress, at which point Trump is either exonerated (lol) or Congress has to deal with a respected source putting enormous pressure on them to either impeach or come up with a drat good story for their voters back home.

He would report his findings to DAG Rosenstein, because thats who appointed him.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

Is this normal? Did Obama, Bush, Clinton etc do anything like this?

I'm guessing no

If only. If only.

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

Angry_Ed posted:

Is this a list of things they are bringing to the party?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Tip Shades posted:

There's all sorts of weird wording exceptions in that list, like when they decide to say the crab pot company product is "crab pot manufacturer"

The one that gets me is the Wisconsin company that makes "Two firetrucks". Two models of firetrucks? Did they sent two firetrucks to the white house? If so, how many hats is Stetson going to send?

Georgia - food (of course it's ChickFil'A.)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KickerOfMice posted:

Georgia - food (of course it's ChickFil'A.)

Chikfila owns

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chilichimp posted:

Chikfila owns

You can really taste the bigotry!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah. The anti gay dude died anyway. Eat you some Chick Fil-A. They have play places for your kids!

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Good, because their sandwiches are actually really tasty!

Aww man
VVVVVVV

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 17, 2017

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah. The anti gay dude died anyway. Eat you some Chick Fil-A. They have play places for your kids!

Nope, still homophobic

https://thinkprogress.org/chick-fil-a-still-anti-gay-970f079bf85

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Crows Turn Off posted:

Are you implying that Libertarians aren't complete idiots?

They're getting extremely rare now but every so often you can find a libertarian who cares about civil liberties beyond just legal weed

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if you're concerned about anti-gay activism you shouldn't be eating fast food anyway because you'd have to cross off domino's, papa john's, hardee's/carl's jr, and the yum brands (KFC, taco bell)

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chilichimp posted:

Chikfila owns

Their chicken is coated in powdered sugar :barf:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

boner confessor posted:

if you're concerned about anti-gay activism you shouldn't be eating fast food anyway because you'd have to cross off domino's, papa john's, hardee's/carl's jr, and the yum brands (KFC, taco bell)

I already do!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

skylined! posted:

gonna get a neato pic of trump pretend zooming in a speedboat soon

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/886991582389571584

This sorta reminds me of when Kim Jong Un would tour random factories to show off their impressive cheese or shoe making capabilities and to grace them with dear leaders presence.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I know these evil fucks are making a lot of noise but we should tell people that there is no chance these bills are going to become law.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

boner confessor posted:

No big loss there.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Glazier posted:

I already do!

thanks for letting us know *updates goons_obese(1).xls*

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Fuschia tude posted:

Their chicken is coated in powdered sugar :barf:

Pretty much all fastfood is composed of Ingredients Unthinkable, but I still have some every now and then. I'm American so I think it's required of me anyway.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

Activism aside, that's probably just a good idea in general.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

:shittypop:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Angry_Ed posted:

Check the can, that's actually brewed in Rochester, NY.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
i operate a chick fil a as part of our brand portfolio. nicest bunch of pseudo Christian cultists to ever run a business, and very well made food all things considered

and ya they still don't like the gays very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's super annoying when Chick-fil-A puts some dweebs outside to take drive-through orders.

• Locked thread