Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

loll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Gringostar posted:

one of the most effective tactics for the black panthers was to show up to police were openly carrying to make sure they didn't just shoot someone or beat the poo poo out of them

this is why open carry is illegal in the state of CA now

but now the cops will just shoot black ppl for having a gun and nobody important will object

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

loquacius posted:

I said something that paraphrased into "actually that sounds racist to me" and you said something that paraphrased into "she represented those people in court so I don't think so :smug:"

Not that much of a stretch to my completely unbiased eye

I don't think there's any legal issue with this that doesn't involve flying drones onto private property

(yet)

hell I'd settle for having police shootings get a mandatory investigation by an entity that is not the same police department in question

Yeah like having the police union investigate.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Al! posted:

it's kind of amazing that our police have become so useless and lovely at this point that they're even shooting people who look like this from the inside of their car

disband the police imo

She had an Australian accent so they were worried she might be a minority due to talking funny.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

deadgoon posted:

i think its really brave that dr who is a woman

i support her

i hope the cops dont shoot her while shes inside the dr who telephone box

haha wont they have to change the title to mrs. who now ? lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Gringostar posted:

rhode island pizza is a crime against god

That's exactly what the Puritans said when they exiled Roger Williams from Massachusetts

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Iron Crowned posted:

You're a goon

is this why women scream when they see me

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Ahahaha

Model helicopters, model planes, firetrucks, bucket trucks, cowboy dressup with guns, space suits, farm equipment.

It really is like a 5 year old boy planned this thing.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gringostar posted:

rhode island pizza is a crime against god

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

"ok we're going to start a movement to bring back traditional masculine roles in society called Proud Boys"

"where'd you get the name?"

"from a song in the Disney Alladin musical"

And nothing says you are proud of being a man like calling yourself a boy.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
i just wanted to point out, since someone mentioned predator drones and someone else mentioned the black panthers open carrying -

i was talking about drones with cameras, not weapons. thank you for not arresting me, federal government

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

They don’t touch thier junk or was their rear end in a top hat (or wipe) because “no homo” or something like that

They sound real cool tbh

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
That cop will get the book thrown at him he did the one thing that cops can't recover from

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

I said something that paraphrased into "actually that sounds racist to me" and you said something that paraphrased into "she represented those people in court so I don't think so :smug:"

Not that much of a stretch to my completely unbiased eye

try again

loquacius posted:

You're reading quite a lot into that

Given the rest of the quote it sounds more like she was worried about being that close to dangerous criminals honestly (although the lovable scamps eventually won her over)

Gringostar posted:

given that she defended them in court a bunch before hand not really

i'm not saying she's not poo poo or anything, just that i really don't think she was all excited to get slaves and poo poo but instead was like :what: and then did as the south does with slavery and just went along with it

it would have been way loving better for her to work on their cases pro-bono or something like that to get them further reduced sentences (or convictions overturned) but hind sight is her greatest enemy

that in addition to the fact that she went out of her way to visit black churches in the south while she was there you're going to have a really hard time convincing me she was a racist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

That cop will get the book thrown at him he did the one thing that cops can't recover from

he didn't take a bribe when his partner took a bribe?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Yeah like having the police union investigate.

hold on, gotta write down the best idea I've ever heard

Joementum posted:

"ok we're going to start a movement to bring back traditional masculine roles in society called Proud Boys"

I tried listening to this song out of curiosity after hearing about the proud boys for the first time and it was the most generic show-tune crap I'd ever heard in my life

then someone linked me the UHURU video and I couldn't watch more than five seconds for cringe reasons

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i guess it's Secret Spicy time?

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/887019407532314624

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

deadgoon posted:

if a white person tells me that they think its good that the president is deporting mexicans, how should i feel about that person

if a black person tells me that they think its good that the president is deporting mexicans, how should i feel about that person

what about when a Mexican person tells you they think it's good that the president is deporting Mexicans?

one of the most depressing problems with racism and other forms of discrimination is the way they influence and distort the victim's own thinking to the point where they end up unconsciously buying into that very same discrimination, even against themselves

punchymcpunch posted:

which one of these is optimus prime, you can tell me

after touring the vehicles, the president is going to deport Optimus Prime, just like any other illegal alien gang leader

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

:wrong:

cops can recover from anything

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/pewresearch/status/887020108916428801

Wow, a quarter of people are loving morons lmao

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Joementum posted:

At least do I'll Make a Man Out of You, since that's at least about men working to be as badass as they can possibly be

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Barron needed a summer project

Wrong wittle boy.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
except ODing on opiods

cops can't recover from that

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gringostar posted:

:wrong:

cops can recover from anything

Yeah, basically, cops are scum

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

Ahahaha

Model helicopters, model planes, firetrucks, bucket trucks, cowboy dressup with guns, space suits, farm equipment.

It really is like a 5 year old boy planned this thing.

wait, someone did something? link me up

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gringostar posted:

except ODing on opiods

cops can't recover from that

yeah they can, they get narcan for that

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

nobody was surprised at Russia

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
remember that time hillary clinton told the entire population of african that it was time to get over colonialism, pull up its pants, and get a job

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
turn on a camera, cucks

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/887018512471994368

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
shes totally not a racist, bro

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zen death robot posted:

I find it weird that a thing like “Proud Boys” exists

thats really "the weird thing" to you in 2017

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Iron Crowned posted:

yeah they can, they get narcan for that

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
my favorite part of choosing naragansett beer to represent rhode island is that until like a year ago, it wasn't even made in state -- they brewed it in upstate new york lmao

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

loquacius posted:

APCs and riot gear aren't free either and cops seem to have no trouble getting their hands on them

A lot of those APCs were actually gifted by the military. Riot gear may be preexisting so the cost is mostly irrelevant outside of upkeep. Cameras and storage (with multiple backups for up to at least a decade, I'd imagine) would be a new cost with recurring costs for camera upkeep and storage expansion if necessary.

What's the going cost of data storage, and resolution of those cameras as well as the cost of people who have to go through all of the footage to ensure the privacy of individuals or their sensitive information if/when the footage is made publicly available.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Barron needed a summer project

There would've been a lot more anime tits if he were in charge.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I miss Sean :(

Has any other administration had such hilariously incompetent press secretaries?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what if liberals are 100% down with profiting from systemic racial oppression, but don't actually dislike black people or anything

is there a word for that

i think there is

i think the word

is racist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im trying to think if i've ever had a helpful interaction with a police officer in my life or if any of may family has

my aunt had her best friend and two other friends brains blown out by an off-duty cop, does that count

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/vgmac/status/887018958955716609

lol that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Whats Africa's deal

• Locked thread