Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.facebook.com/MikeCernovich/videos/1241903432605373/

This video has sparked a 9 hour long argument that has caused 4 of my friends to cannabis each other, I thought it was hilarious, and immediately thought of this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/NkU5x8g.jpg

Turtlicious has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
I read the whole thing. What do I win?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Subjunctive posted:

Well, she'll be treated like an object, so maybe.

:drat:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Awww, but then you missed the episode in the next season that ends with a joke about a guy getting blowjobs from a girl's face stuck in a concrete pavement slab!

(Let's not pretend the show has not had absolutely abysmal moments)

Please stay on topic, we're talking about, the Doctor Who; not Jojo 's Bizarre Adventure.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Turtlicious posted:

4 of my friends to cannabis each other

:confused:

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Shugojin posted:

Awww, but then you missed the episode in the next season that ends with a joke about a guy getting blowjobs from a girl's face stuck in a concrete pavement slab!

(Let's not pretend the show has not had absolutely abysmal moments)

The episode with the blowjob pavement wasn't even that bad. The story about some people getting together because they somehow noticed the doctor but have no idea who he is and whats going on and the doctor himself barely showing up in the whole episode was an interesting idea. That ending though...yeah...

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Turtlicious posted:

This video has sparked a 9 hour long argument that has caused 4 of my friends to cannabis each other

:crossarms:

Is that where they lock each other in a phone booth and toke up a storm? Or is it where they hold each other down and inject them with cannabis like the Very Special Anti-Drug Messages of lore?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Turtlicious posted:

This video has sparked a 9 hour long argument that has caused 4 of my friends to cannabis each other

Hell, I'd join

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Have you ever argued on the internet...on weed?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Shai-Hulud posted:

The episode with the blowjob pavement wasn't even that bad. The story about some people getting together because they somehow noticed the doctor but have no idea who he is and whats going on and the doctor himself barely showing up in the whole episode was an interesting idea. That ending though...yeah...

Also the monster was literally invented by a 9 year old. Which makes the blowjob thing even more inappropriate.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Look, they didn't talk about blowjobs! All we know is that a face stuck in a piece of pavement talked about having a sexlife with its human male partner! It could be anything! Maybe they connected on a higher plane or something? Thats possible right?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Weatherman posted:

:crossarms:

Is that where they lock each other in a phone booth and toke up a storm? Or is it where they hold each other down and inject them with cannabis like the Very Special Anti-Drug Messages of lore?

Hugs... and drugs?

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
PYF has managed to slutshame concrete

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

I think im in the minority here because I actually like dr who. I wish it was better but its usually fun enough.

I like the idea of a female dr but I dread the implementation of it. I don't really trust the production staff to do this in a good way and expect to hear the line "but you cant be the dr you're a woman" multiple times alongside many shallow womens rights episodes (not that they are bad in concept but they i fear they will be cheesy as hell and not do the subject matter justice).

Its kind of like, you could do something great but in your heart of hearts you know they are going to gently caress it up.

I loved Doctor Who under Davies and have watched a handful of the old series, but I hate what Moffat did to it. If Moffat were still in charge, I'm sure his sexism would ruin any potential. I don't know enough about Chibnall to guess how it will end up, and past work doesn't necessarily indicate future work anyway. Moffat wrote some of the best single episodes of DW under Davies, but he's been terrible as a showrunnner, going back to the same well over and over and refusing to follow through on any of the big ideas that he hints at.

EmmyOk posted:

Broadchurch is amazing.

I tried to watch Doctor Who once and the first few episodes didn't do much for me and then they had an episode about shapeshifting aliens who could only be detected because they couldn't stop farting. That killed the almost zero interest I already had for it but I'm glad nerds are protecting the sanctity of the farting aliens.

Shai-Hulud posted:

One thing I've never understood is how people can take one small part of a story and ignore everything else in the episode. Yeah, farting aliens was dumb, but there was a ninety minute story around it that I thought was pretty good at the time. Yeah, turning Moaning Myrtle into a literal object trapped in concrete was awful, but the rest of it was interesting. Yes, the Doctor making a spread-arm Jesus pose surrounded by glowing light while forgiving the Master was on-the-nose symbolism, but it was in a three part story about the dangers of the surveillance state and the fundamental flaws of humanity. Conversely, in the Moffat era you had a handful of really cool moments embedded in stories that don't make sense where everyone acts like an rear end in a top hat.

Jurgan has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Jul 17, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I feel like a lot of fans that have strong opinions of a new thing in an old series hasn't really followed the thing since they were young.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/886949903967989761

gamergate dude gets triggered by emoticons

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

what?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

gamergate dude gets triggered by emoticons

Imagine attempting to parse this sentence 10 years ago.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I liked the Moffit Doctor Who stuff just as much as the Davies Doctor Who stuff :colbert:

I just really like Doctor Who, but i'm not going to emotional invest myself in a loving TV show (that was original literally created for children) to the point that I care about other's opinions.

Also, Capaldi was a kick rear end Doctor with some really bad starter episodes.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
for some reason Chelsea Manning was arguing with one of the stupidest figureheads in gamergate. she posted a pair of emoticons in reply to one of his tweets.

He's saying that such a reply is harassment.

he's also longing for the time when it was easier to troll SJWs, apparently.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/886969262803472384

anyway, gonna stop posting about this guy because he makes it too easy and the gamergate controversy is too stupid and not funny for the most part

nerdz has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Jul 17, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just lol at the Yorkshire doctor thing. I find that more amusing than anything else but mostly because I find northern accents hilarious.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ian is the most fragile man alive

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

nerdz posted:

for some reason Chelsea Manning was arguing with one of the stupidest figureheads in gamergate. she posted a pair of emoticons in reply to one of his tweets.

he's also longing for the time when it was easier to troll SJWs, apparently.

anyway, gonna stop posting about this guy because he makes it too easy and the gamergate controversy is too stupid and not funny for the most part

I miss the good old days, back when i could harass people without fear of also being harassed in return. I wish they'd go back to crying in the corner so that I wouldn't have to cry in this corner.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

...is... is that guy seriously complaining that now people aren't just rolling over about whatever poo poo he says?

Dang. The internet keeps showing me new levels of no self-awareness.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I have never watched Dr. Who, but I feel very strongly about it, and I believe that the next doctor should be Neck Fungus Woman.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

nerdz posted:

It sounds like he's saying that setting up 200 bots to message him every 2 minutes would be harassment.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

It sounds like he's saying that setting up 200 bots to message him every 2 minutes would be harassment.

I think he's basically right about that?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jurgan posted:

It's ironic given his stance on harassment up until now apparently.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Worth noting that folks are replying to him with 😩🎮🐜 over and over again because he has posted multiple times about how he is plagued by ants in his apartment.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, I can't particularly disagree.

Serf posted:

It's ironic given his stance on harassment up until now apparently.
Was he previously in favor of setting up bots to repeatedly message people?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Was he previously in favor of setting up bots to repeatedly message people?

I don't think so. He was more about the organic kind of harassment where you set your followers on people who say things you don't like.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Serf posted:

I don't think so. He was more about the organic kind of harassment where you set your followers on people who say things you don't like.

What's the difference?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jurgan posted:

What's the difference?

Not much. Hence the irony.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Teddybear posted:

Worth noting that folks are replying to him with 😩🎮🐜 over and over again because he has posted multiple times about how he is plagued by ants in his apartment.

The ant thing is doubly funny to entomologists because https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate

quote:

A gamergate (/ˈɡæmərˌɡeɪt/) is a mated worker ant that is able to reproduce sexually, i.e. lay fertilized eggs that will develop as females.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Arcsquad12 posted:

Just lol at the Yorkshire doctor thing. I find that more amusing than anything else but mostly because I find northern accents hilarious.

Eccleston's unapologetic Northern accent was one of the best things about his Doctor, and the show has always kinda picked on the actors' real and/or affected accents, too. Tennant using his real accent in one episode, "lots of planets have a North", Cassandra whining about Rose's chavvy accent, multiple jokes about Capaldi and Amy Pond being Scottish, etc. Northern accents are always great and I hope there's plenty of playful ribbing on her accent (if she uses one).

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

Not much. Hence the irony.

twitter is an ouroboros of harassment because of how it works.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think my favourite dumb line in Doctor Who came in the Matt Smith episode with the old woman with the parasite:

"In the wrong hands this technology could be catastrophic!"
"Do you know what these are doctor? *raises her arms* The wrong hands...:smug:"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TheKennedys posted:

Eccleston's unapologetic Northern accent was one of the best things about his Doctor, and the show has always kinda picked on the actors' real and/or affected accents, too. Tennant using his real accent in one episode, "lots of planets have a North", Cassandra whining about Rose's chavvy accent, multiple jokes about Capaldi and Amy Pond being Scottish, etc. Northern accents are always great and I hope there's plenty of playful ribbing on her accent (if she uses one).

Eccleston's run was only one series long but it's still in my mind the strongest overall season of the rebooted franchise. Even with the farting aliens getting three episodes and a bit of a rushed relationship with Rose, he was just so much fun in the role. Shame he only got one run and he was pretty ambivalent about the whole ordeal after the fact, but that didn't stop him from leaving a mark. Wanna see the new Doctor get ribbed on for some hackneyed game of thrones references where she starts mimicking the redhead who mocked Jon Snow's yorkshire accent.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

BioEnchanted posted:

I think my favourite dumb line in Doctor Who came in the Matt Smith episode with the old woman with the parasite:

"In the wrong hands this technology could be catastrophic!"
"Do you know what these are doctor? *raises her arms* The wrong hands...:smug:"

Diana Rigg :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jurgan posted:

I loved Doctor Who under Davies and have watched a handful of the old series, but I hate what Moffat did to it. If Moffat were still in charge, I'm sure his sexism would ruin any potential. I don't know enough about Chibnall to guess how it will end up, and past work doesn't necessarily indicate future work anyway. Moffat wrote some of the best single episodes of DW under Davies, but he's been terrible as a showrunnner, going back to the same well over and over and refusing to follow through on any of the big ideas that he hints at.

One thing I've never understood is how people can take one small part of a story and ignore everything else in the episode. Yeah, farting aliens was dumb, but there was a ninety minute story around it that I thought was pretty good at the time. Yeah, turning Moaning Myrtle into a literal object trapped in concrete was awful, but the rest of it was interesting. Yes, the Doctor making a spread-arm Jesus pose surrounded by glowing light while forgiving the Master was on-the-nose symbolism, but it was in a three part story about the dangers of the surveillance state and the fundamental flaws of humanity. Conversely, in the Moffat era you had a handful of really cool moments embedded in stories that don't make sense where everyone acts like an rear end in a top hat.

Oh well I didn't like anything I saw the farting just stood out in particular.