Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

swims posted:

There's a ultra update that's free

I downloaded and it isn't working I guess? I don't have Rolento for example. But it shows as downloaded.

Yep, the update to play it on 360 may be free, but the only version you can play on Xbone is vanilla, basic original SF4. Unless something changed recently.

I couldn't even play it because my physical disc is SSF4 which was incompatible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Got it working.

DL the Arcade update first. Then the ultra costume pack then ultra. Then sign out and back in.

Or maybe just ultra then uninstall then ultra again-> sign out sign back in.

I deleted the ultra save then re installed so maybe that's all it is. But it worked. There are players online at first glance.

E- I'm using disk of super if that matters at all

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah I just looked and it says Super was just added. Interesting.

Edit - But don't play Street Fighter. Play Tekken.

swims
May 5, 2014

Lol like I said wrong thread. Trip reporting: Input lag is non existent from what I can tell- considering it's emulated. All player info is deleted for anyone wondering however. You start fresh.

Tekken trivia- "akuma" is censored in the text chat for some reason. It may have already been covered but just incase.

Haven't used Fuerte in years. The guy owns so hard.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

swims posted:

Lol like I said wrong thread. Trip reporting: Input lag is non existent from what I can tell- considering it's emulated. All player info is deleted for anyone wondering however. You start fresh.

Tekken trivia- "akuma" is censored in the text chat for some reason. It may have already been covered but just incase.

Haven't used Fuerte in years. The guy owns so hard.

I was in a tournament and someone said ggs to another player and his whole name was censored. I can't remember what the word was, but it was an incredibly common word and everyone was confused

Like when dark souls censored names with "nig" in a game full of knights and poo poo. Lol.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

2 Americans in Evo top 8. We are doing it.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Anyone know when/how Eliza will become available for PC? Missing one character bugs me.

swims
May 5, 2014

Romes128 posted:

I was in a tournament and someone said ggs to another player and his whole name was censored. I can't remember what the word was, but it was an incredibly common word and everyone was confused

Like when dark souls censored names with "nig" in a game full of knights and poo poo. Lol.

Last part is amazing.

Thinking of worst SF characters to add and I think Dhalsim would top the list. Twelve would probably be super solid in Tekken though.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Someone help me out, because I've noticed something trying to sort my inputs out for the Kazumi BnB, and I can't figure it out.

I'm using a XBone pad right now (I've got a Hori FC, I'll try that too in a bit) and I was just repeatedly doing Kazumi bf2,1,1+2 because I was still finding it.... elusive. So, in looking to work out what I was doing wrong I turned on inputs, and I'm wondering if this is correct. Every time I do the move, no matter how carefully (and if I make sure I hold down the buttons or not, it seems to be irrelevant) I don't get bf2, I get....

b, f, f+2, 2.

Is this just a red herring, or could this be causative somehow? If so, how?

E: Obviously, willing to accept 'that's just what Tekken does' or 'You're going crazy Shockeh' this is more a validation on my part.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Make sure your inputs aren't getting eaten by the recovery of moves.

Also I had the same problem and basically just practice doing it in a combo. Like if you can do a hop kick into the bf 214 consistently you'll probably be able to nail the 1+2 variant at the end of combos.

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 15, 2017

nogic
Jul 6, 2002

Shockeh posted:

Someone help me out, because I've noticed something trying to sort my inputs out for the Kazumi BnB, and I can't figure it out.

I'm using a XBone pad right now (I've got a Hori FC, I'll try that too in a bit) and I was just repeatedly doing Kazumi bf2,1,1+2 because I was still finding it.... elusive. So, in looking to work out what I was doing wrong I turned on inputs, and I'm wondering if this is correct. Every time I do the move, no matter how carefully (and if I make sure I hold down the buttons or not, it seems to be irrelevant) I don't get bf2, I get....

b, f, f+2, 2.

E: Obviously, willing to accept 'that's just what Tekken does' or 'You're going crazy Shockeh' this is more a validation on my part.

You're doing it correctly. That's just how Tekken displays inputs. In this case you're doing, back, neutral, forward, then 2 while holding forward, which is what you want. If the move isn't coming out from the input sequences above, then the only thing I can think is that you're not doing it fast enough.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Shockeh posted:

b, f, f+2, 2.

this is a red herring, thats how the inputs show up. just hold down f, and press 2 and you'll see what the inputs look like. if you're trying to do the dashing bf21,1+2 after a screw its just hard.

a tip on doing that move unrelated to your problem, just dial it in, press b, f, press 2, then release it, and hold 1, then press 2 while holding 1. don't wait for your move to start hitting to try to time it like a street fighter or marvel combo, just press the buttons. good luck!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just do b,f+2,1 and then mash the 1+2 like a scrub. As with most stuff in Tekken, you just gotta remember to just dial poo poo in and go back to neutral. Also unless it's your long wall carry, I wouldn't even bother with S! dash bf+2,1,1+2 because you can probably just do screw FLY 2 df1 (df1) bf 2,1,1+2 and get more damage.

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.

Shockeh posted:

I was having the same problem, and my 'aha!' moment was finally wiring my brain to do the BF motion way faster than I usually would in other games.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

What, were you doing it like a charge move?

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
Not that extreme, but there was definitely tiny pause there that was fine if I did the move standalone, but didn't cut it to finish off a combo, especially on a stick. T7 is my first serious Tekken game fwiw

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Tekken Evo top 8 happening now if you haven't been watching.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

HOLY poo poo GEESE HOWARD

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, I know they said they were going to pull from other franchises for the guests but I didn't see something this cool happening.

I like watching KoFXIV a lot but I'm glad to see Tekken 7 continuing the tradition of making their guests look cooler than they do in the games they come from.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Bring on Namco vs Capcom vs SNK I'm ready

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh fuuuuuuuck

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

He'll stay his hounds... with your bra. :japan:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope Tekken 7 just eventually features the villains of all the major game franchises calling out Heihachi

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
That was hype as hell. The announcement went down well, but I think people were warmed up by the DBZ reveal.

Biggest queue I have see this weekend: The one to get out of arena after Tekken and before smash.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope Tekken 7 just eventually features the villains of all the major game franchises calling out Heihachi
So no Sol Badguy? :(

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

algebra testes posted:

So no Sol Badguy? :(

Tekken 7 is just the Bad Dad Convention. So Sol probably counts

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Namco, for costumes you know what to do.

C'mon yellow belly!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I am really excited about the ability to customize Geese into a walking fashion nightmare.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Seems like he is going to have KoF style stocks, looked like a Max Cancel/Mode in the trailer.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I missed the Tekken finals, any of the matches worth watching?

Tsunemori
Nov 20, 2006

HEEEYYYWHOOOHHH
I will be very disappointed if Geese doesn't speak Engrish

Also his subtitle should be in all caps

YOU CANNOT. ESCAPE. FROOOOM DEPPTH

PRADIC-TABOOOLL

Tsunemori fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 17, 2017

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

This is after Heihachi died and he's now in ghost hell where a bunch of other dead fighting game villains are going to kick his ghost rear end for all eternity.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

algebra testes posted:

I missed the Tekken finals, any of the matches worth watching?

Yes, watch top 8 it was good.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Geese is my new main.

e: haha I was talking to some of my FGC friends here in China about this and found it kind of interesting. Despite KOF being super popular here in China, the one that is most popular is '97 which is like the one KOF game Geese was never in so most of them are tepid to annoyed it's him and not like Iori.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 17, 2017

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Magna Kaser posted:

Geese is my new main.

e: haha I was talking to some of my FGC friends here in China about this and found it kind of interesting. Despite KOF being super popular here in China, the one that is most popular is '97 which is like the one KOF game Geese was never in so most of them are tepid to annoyed it's him and not like Iori.

He wasn't in 98, but he was in 98UM (which is one of the reasons I love it)

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

MrJacobs posted:

He wasn't in 98, but he was in 98UM (which is one of the reasons I love it)

I completely forgot he wasn't in vanilla 98. Still, nothing besides 97 never got big here for whatever reason so the point stands

Anyway, Geese is an A+ character pick. Looking forward to the villain train continuing with Frieza being the Arcsys representative.

swims
May 5, 2014

Geese is tight and I'll use him but if we're going that route why not just add Krauser. Whatever that ground grab was looked interesting.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I've never played a KoF game but Geese looks cool as heck, I'll buy him if he's not too expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
geese is really cool but it's a little silly to have two DLC characters with a reppuken, isn't it? punch kyo with all his followups would've been way more interesting.