Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

strap on revenge posted:

the best roadhouse music has been sharon van etten in my opinion

Yeah she's the best. this video of her playing Give Out on Australian radio is my favorite thing ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yBqU5Athkw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i thought this was one of the best episodes actually

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/887006932585914368

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stare:

How is this gonna improve on the version already included in The Entire Mystery? The Missing Pieces is already the best bonus feature you could hope for, and the transfer of the movie already looks amazing.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Toebone posted:

I didn't even notice any autotune :shobon:
You didn't notice the constant loud notes that made her voice sound like an alarm clock tone?

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Best musical performance of the season is definitely Harry Dean Stanton.
Absolutely.

Trousers!
Sep 28, 2001
"Ummm, I don't think sushi is Japanese. It was invented in California." - Villainy, in the 'Why are so many anime fans so goddamn fucking retarded.' thread.
There seems to be a lot of weirdness when it comes to portals on this show.

Glitchy airplane windows
Laura image in the doorway
Glitchy doorknob when Tammy walks up to Gordon's room
Weird CGI reflection of Richard on the trailer door

Probably plenty of others.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
When we first saw Richard in the saturn I thought he was switching out cars again because he hit another kid

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

moist turtleneck posted:

When we first saw Richard in the saturn I thought he was switching out cars again because he hit another kid

I was legit expecting this to happen when he started looking at his phone while driving to his dear granny's house.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Sylvia needs to learn to have a real safe and a decoy safe and maybe she could keep more money in a big safe known as a Bank

Not the first time a Horne has been burned by a big safe

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Speaking of Hornes and safes, at this point my metaphorical nut is going to bust so hard when Audrey shows up, I may die.

I wonder if she just has a very small role. Or if they're saving her return for when Coop is actually around.

Whatever it is, she better show up soon b/c the mystery of who could father such a shitler as Richard is high on my list of things I want answered.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

Speaking of Hornes and safes, at this point my metaphorical nut is going to bust so hard when Audrey shows up, I may die.

I wonder if she just has a very small role. Or if they're saving her return for when Coop is actually around.

Whatever it is, she better show up soon b/c the mystery of who could father such a shitler as Richard is high on my list of things I want answered.

Billy Zane.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I would honestly be fine with that. Poor Audrey tho, gets knocked up her first time by a dude who fucks off after.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Please no, I don't want Billy Zane making GBS threads up an otherwise amazing show for a second time

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Richard died in the bank explosion and was revived in utero by a black lodge spirit

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Billy Zane had very nice theme music.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The Extremely Rich Billy Zane should have invested in a bag phone

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

And I have to drive along this road every day for work!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i thought this was one of the best episodes actually
I found it really disappointing. Didn't further the plot much. The Dougie subplot is getting really tiring. At this point we are more than halfway through the show and Cooper hasn't showed up yet.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Didn't further the plot much.

You could describe a whole lot of this season this way, and that's not a bad thing.

Unless you need every show to be a continuous stream of plot beats fashioned around the weekly hour framework.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Makes me glad I watched the wire all at once and not as it was airing

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I like that this episode basically confirmed this season is going with the one episode=one day timeline that the first two had.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

TheMaestroso posted:

You could describe a whole lot of this season this way, and that's not a bad thing.

Unless you need every show to be a continuous stream of plot beats fashioned around the weekly hour framework.
Thats actually my biggest criticism of this episode, that it follows the plot-beats prestige TV formula a little too closely without contributing much of substance. And I am loving sick of the Dougie subplot, it is really boring and a waste of valuable time on this show.

It's not a question of attention span. The atom bomb episode was my favorite, for instance. It's just that last week's episode kind of lies there, doing nothing. Dougie while his wife rides him is the perfect personification of that episode. Some episodes this show wows me, and others I am left waiting for something that never comes.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The photo with Bad Coop at the NYC Cube, who is sitting with him?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: I'm late and dumb.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 17, 2017

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

How is this gonna improve on the version already included in The Entire Mystery? The Missing Pieces is already the best bonus feature you could hope for, and the transfer of the movie already looks amazing.

The transfer could easily be improved, and Criterion is the best at that sort of thing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

pyrotek posted:

The transfer could easily be improved, and Criterion is the best at that sort of thing.
It could? I don't know, the transfer from TEM looked pretty loving great to me and they're even using footage from it in season 3, aren't they?

I don't really see a reason to buy the movie again, but I haven't heard what they're doing to it/including on the disc yet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The criterion is a 4K remaster, is the one on the boxset the same? Cause if so yeah I don't see the point of this at all

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Here's the page on the Criterion site: https://www.criterion.com/films/29237-twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me

So only exclusive things are a new Sheryl Lee interview and the Lynch on Lynch excerpt. Maybe stuff in "More!".

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Criterion release is good for people who want to buy the movie and The Missing Pieces without buying the whole TV series again I guess.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Criterion release is good for people who want to buy the movie and The Missing Pieces without buying the whole TV series again I guess.
I guess, but I got The Entire Mystery set in an Amazon sale for like $40 a while back and Criterion Blu-Rays are always like $30 anyway, so it doesn't even seem like much of a savings to me. I don't know what the box set is going for now, though.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Looks like the complete set is only available from third parties on Amazon right now and it's going for over $120.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I'm only a little bit into last night's episode.
Did Jane-E just rape a retard?
Also, is it just me or did Coop look younger laying there after?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Looks like the complete set is only available from third parties on Amazon right now and it's going for over $120.

Jesus. I just looked up my Amazon order and I bought it in December for $36 (it was a lightning deal but only $9 off the regular price of $45), so I guess I should consider myself lucky.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Panamaniac posted:

Also, is it just me or did Coop look younger laying there after?

It very much looked like they worked some CGI magic during that scene, it was definitely touched up to make it look like Cooper from the original series.

And maybe that's the thing. He seems to have a body of a ~30 year old, which is how old Coop was when he first entered the lodge. His head has seemingly aged independently.

Kudos to MacLachlan if there wasn't a body double in that scene. Bro is ripped.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

cptn_dr posted:

Calling it now, Candie is Wally's sister.

Candie Brennan

There's no way Andy's genes could create a person that physically attractive

Unless...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ingmar terdman posted:

Not the first time a Horne has been burned by a big safe

Not letting this go unappreciated.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

"HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/BeachEpisode/status/887046480757915650

The man still loves cooking in case you were wondering

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It could? I don't know, the transfer from TEM looked pretty loving great to me and they're even using footage from it in season 3, aren't they?

I don't really see a reason to buy the movie again, but I haven't heard what they're doing to it/including on the disc yet.

It didn't look anywhere near as good as the series itself, so I'd say there is room for improvement.

Don't get me wrong, it didn't look bad, I'm just really picky. The series looked pretty much flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Cromulent posted:

You didn't notice the constant loud notes that made her voice sound like an alarm clock tone?

Doesn't make sense, I fell asleep during it.