Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I listened to Shape of you and I have to admit I have heard it, but like someone said, I had no idea it was by this particular guy

Maybe this is an age thing but the parties I go to we usually sit around, watch sports, play games, eat food and drink (beer), we don't listen to modern pop music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

So whose idea was it to make The Mountain look like Shredder?

I think this is the thing I disliked the most. Seeing his eyes just makes me feel embarrassed for the guy underneath that toilet seat armor.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The song was good and the cameo wasn't intrusive.

Also Ed Sheeran did the ending song to the second hobbit movie so I think he likes nerd stuff too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey, Jon was right in what he did. Lyanna Mormont liked that decision, so it means it was the right one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I wouldn't have known it was even a cameo if it weren't for the internet losing its poo poo over it. Although the scene was kind of pointless.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I've heard the song a million times now that I listened to it. They play it at the gym literally every hour, not to mention a bunch of times at bars I'm sure.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Harton posted:

Edit: sorry groovelord, I don't normally post this much but it's a slow morning at work and making fun of you is making my day go by quicker.

you aren't having much success but that may be the married with kids thing so you're way out of the loop. (grown women send a lot more naked pics than teenagers i reckon)

Nail Rat posted:

I've heard the song a million times now that I listened to it. They play it at the gym literally every hour, not to mention a bunch of times at bars I'm sure.

yeah i was gonna say "you probably heard it at the gym" but stopped myself because y;know got thread.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Codependent Poster posted:

Hey, Jon was right in what he did. Lyanna Mormont liked that decision, so it means it was the right one.

Yeah Sansa was being kind of a dick on that one. I guess male Starks can occasionally make smart decisions by accident.

IRQ posted:

I wouldn't have known it was even a cameo if it weren't for the internet losing its poo poo over it. Although the scene was kind of pointless.

I thought it was a nice scene. It's good to have a bit of humanizing for the bad guys instead making all of them into cartoonish monsters, and making Arya question her "murder everyone" policy was a nice character moment.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it owns when danys crew rolls up in that castle and the interior scene, outfits and all, look indistinguishable from a b-tier sci-fi movie

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Yeah every time anyone's run across Lannister soldiers to this point they've been huge assholes. It was nice to see that not everyone in their army is like that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

also interesting in that they seem much younger than other soldiers we've seen, showing how the war has decimated the population. that may just be coincidence i can't imagine our hack fraud showrunners would do that on purpose.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Did anyone else notice a couple really stretched out shots/sequences?

Like the shot of the White Walkers walking towards the camera goes on for like a minute and a half, and just to establish that they still are around. And while Sam's montage was good, I got the point of it after like 30 seconds but it just kept going and going and going.

Do we really need to pad for time? In this 8 episode season?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i thought they focused a lot on ed sheeran's face considering he had no lines

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It was weird. The montage being so long didn't bother me as much as the establishing shot of the giant wights walking with the army, though. That at least had some purpose in letting us know Sam has been at this for a while.

But in an 8 episode season I expected an hour long premiere to have less filler.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

you aren't having much success but that may be the married with kids thing so you're way out of the loop. (grown women send a lot more naked pics than teenagers i reckon)

yeah i was gonna say "you probably heard it at the gym" but stopped myself because y;know got thread.

See I tried to preface my original comment with how out of the loop I am with being married with a kid. (Also I have a home gym) being 33 kinda owns.

Also I highly doubt the grown women naked pics thing, usually you get smarter as you get older. I'll bet they gently caress more, but idiot teenagers probably have the lead in the Snapchat a titty game.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait barenaked ladies do the Big Bang theory intro?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

FogHelmut posted:

i thought they focused a lot on ed sheeran's face considering he had no lines

But he does? Only two though (other than the on camera singing).

I mean I do agree that upon rewatch he gets way more screentime than your regular extra would in the show but it's not really that inorganic cause he sits next to Arya the entire time and also does have a speaking role.

It would have been preferable if he had the acting chops (or the time, I guess) to deliver the lines the chatty soldier does but I mean, it was a nice song.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Harton posted:

Also I highly doubt the grown women naked pics thing, usually you get smarter as you get older.

snapchat pictures don't last forever. it's the point of the app.

WampaLord posted:

Like the shot of the White Walkers walking towards the camera goes on for like a minute and a half, and just to establish that they still are around. And while Sam's montage was good, I got the point of it after like 30 seconds but it just kept going and going and going.

Do we really need to pad for time? In this 8 episode season?

it was like how nothing happens in season 5 so they could've actually put the proper "the north remembers" plot line in there. or why kill off all the freys at once if you're just gonna do the poo poo like you posted. when i was watching dany come ashore i checked how much time was left and thought cool we'll get one more scene. lol nope.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 17, 2017

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

GaussianCopula posted:

I'd argue that the guy who raped his brother, seduced (or raped?) his other brothers wife which got her killed, killed his third brother. Later he chains said raped brother next to the woman who is pregnant from him at the prow of his ship after cutting her tongue out, is prettyyyyy dangerous given that he is also the king of one of the seven kingdoms.

On the show on the other hand his worst crime is what? Killing his brother to become king? Everybody does that there and no one gives a poo poo. Oh and he burned Jamie in the throne room, but that's hardly something that makes you the most evil person ever.

If he wants to be "worse than Ramsay" he has to do some really crazy poo poo to the Sand Snakes, which I doubt the producers have the balls to pull off.

It's the first episode, guy. Relax.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I hope the ice dragon in the finale eats ed sheeran and every goon ITT including me

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Can't you just screenshot your phone and save the titty pics? This is important information for research purposes.

Sorry everybody, I really don't have anything better to do right now.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Harton posted:

Can't you just screenshot your phone and save the titty pics? This is important information for research purposes.

Sorry everybody, I really don't have anything better to do right now.

Buddy if you have your phone on you, there's tons of free tittys on the internet, they're all over the place

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Harton posted:

it tells the person you screenshotted the pic so they won't be sending you more.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

https://twitter.com/doylenoir/status/886767940330078208

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Jon to Jorah once they meet:"I toke your father's love, your family's sword and now I'm going to take the woman you love"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The song was good and the cameo wasn't intrusive.

Also Ed Sheeran did the ending song to the second hobbit movie so I think he likes nerd stuff too.

Yeah he has a nice voice, his throwback celtic features fit in with the aesthetic, and the scene didn't focus on him. There was zero wrong with the cameo.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

it tells the person you screenshotted the pic so they won't be sending you more.

No poo poo? That's funny. :corsair:

The one negative thing about being an old. No tinder when I was trolling bars for poon. I'm sincerely jealous of that one, I would have at least herpies and probably aids if that was around when I was 25.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah he has a nice voice, his throwback celtic features fit in with the aesthetic, and the scene didn't focus on him. There was zero wrong with the cameo.

he is an ugly boy with the worst tats so he's lucky he has that sonorous voice and hit it big or he'd never get laid.

shape of you is a much funnier song when you know what he looks like.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I was surprised by the cameo, because I thought, wow they almost never have extras this ugly, then I realized it was multi platinum recording artist Ed Sheerhan

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Numbers news: http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/17/game-of-thrones-season-7-premiere-ratings-smash-records/

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh my God how many loving pages are going to be about that stupid cameo?

Also, Arya is not going to kill them. You could tell she was touched by the line about being kind to strangers, so they'll be kind to you. It's probably the moment where she decides to go back to Winterfell instead of carry on to King's Landing.

Goons being utterly flummoxed by a scene featuring male-female interaction? On MY somethingawful dot com? I never.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dejan Bimble posted:

I was surprised by the cameo, because I thought, wow they almost never have extras this ugly, then I realized it was multi platinum recording artist Ed Sheerhan

at least they put an uglier guy near him and gave him all the lines.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I felt it had to be pretty popular. loving HBO Now was running like poo poo. Netflix was fine though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Soul Glo posted:

I hope the ice dragon in the finale eats ed sheeran and every goon ITT including me

how do you think they bring it down - giant zombies , or the night king doing something ?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

esperterra posted:

It was weird. The montage being so long didn't bother me as much as the establishing shot of the giant wights walking with the army, though. That at least had some purpose in letting us know Sam has been at this for a while.

But in an 8 episode season I expected an hour long premiere to have less filler.

It's a 7 episode season, why do people keep saying 8?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

It's a 7 episode season, why do people keep saying 8?

My bad, I only knew that one was 7 eps and one was 8 eps, and I just assumed this season was the longer one. Silly me!

Although that only reinforces my point about padding.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
The poop sequence was really, really, really well done.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EvilElmo posted:

The poop sequence was really, really, really well done.

The long drawn out sequence of poop and food shots was probably Gurm's contribution to the season.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Next season is 8. I can understand the confusion. I don't know what these "we don't have time for this!" people want though. Cut the Walkers by 30 seconds to show you........?

You just want a black screen with text telling you what happens in broad strokes? You could get through a lot like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

My bad, I only knew that one was 7 eps and one was 8 eps, and I just assumed this season was the longer one.
I was told last night that the final season was only 6 eps long, not 8. Was i lied to?

E: yes i was

• Locked thread