Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Americans aren't a people of facts and logic. They are tribalist, violent and angry at anything that disagrees with them, especially reality. Unfortunately, the only way to dethrone these sorts of people is to use the same disenfranchise tactics the right wishes to use on everyone else.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

skylined! posted:

they promote an active culture of Christian worship, including mass prayer request emails and encouraging employees to be Christ followers

Well, yeah, that's their brand identity. If you have problems with it just don't eat there. It's as simple as that.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mdemone posted:

Yep, somehow this realization has not fully infiltrated the food service industry but there's no reason why it shouldn't. And it is true that their service is uniformly excellent at every location.

This is part of it but they also cook their chicken in a pressure cooker so it's more moist and tender, and their waffle fries have more surface area so taste better / provide a better fry experience.

I can tell when someone has worked at chik fil a though because they'll reflexively say "my pleasure" in response to "thank you"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Is anyone really surprised? I'm not saying this is a good thing, but this is the first bill in a long long time I can think of (maybe ever?) that is straight up sentencing people to death. I'm surprised this hasn't been a bigger thing already. Average people resort to violence when they are either: A) A sociopath, B) Are bored (depending on the type of violence), or C) Have nothing to lose.

this. its not "right" but i dont give a gently caress anymore. people (including my gf, her family and myself) are super hosed under whatever horseshit healthcare reform comes out under the GOP. if they pass this poo poo and jerk off and cheer while the medical industry imploads and people are thrown off their health plans. there will almost ceirtenly be more scaliese type incidents. its not right but gently caress em.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
Really depends on the phrasing of the question. I don't think most Trump voters are paying any attention to the continuous onslaught of Russia news (many will if someone gets indicted for something though), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if 45% of Trump voters have no idea Trump Jr said anything or even know anything about the meeting in question. Different story if the question is phrased more as "On xx July Donald Trump Jr admitted on Twitter to meeting with Russians. Do you believe that he did?"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Phlegmatist posted:

Well, yeah, that's their brand identity. If you have problems with it just don't eat there. It's as simple as that.

you are reading something i didn't type

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I'll just enjoy my godless Cane's chicken from time to time, thank you very much.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

waffle posted:

Really depends on the phrasing of the question. I don't think most Trump voters are paying any attention to the continuous onslaught of Russia news (many will if someone gets indicted for something though), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if 45% of Trump voters have no idea Trump Jr said anything or even know anything about the meeting in question. Different story if the question is phrased more as "On xx July Donald Trump Jr admitted on Twitter to meeting with Russians. Do you believe that he did?"

ya i'd be interested in seeing just how much of the electorate tunes out completely after the election. we got our guy, he's busy maga'ing all over, who cares about the news, etc. probably a pretty high %

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Reminder Nuge shat his pants so he wouldn't get sent to Nam and get booboos.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

waffle posted:

the atlantic did an article about the election day crowd photos and how trump voters would say the obama crowd was bigger despite them having to know that wasn't true. it's not phasing, they'll just give the wrong answer knowing it's the wrong answer to make their side look better.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Fast food chat is my favorite derail.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
They opened a chick fil a in my town like a year ago and I've only been there once and I pretend it's because of some sort of boycott but it's actually because of some weird anxiety thing where I think it's "confusing"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's the one derail that cannot be re-railed. I've seen a hundred threads in a dozen forums get victimized by food chat. All these memories lost, like piss in rain. Time to post.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

mdemone posted:

It's the one derail that cannot be re-railed. I've seen a hundred threads in a dozen forums get victimized by food chat. All these memories lost, like piss in rain. Time to post.

it is truly one of the few things that unites all people of all backgrounds; food

and thus one of the few things we can endlessly bitch and fight about

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

mdemone posted:

Now if anyone wants to bitch about In-N-Out, I'll beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker.

Whataburger is better. :colbert:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Farchanter posted:

How likely is the Ukraine thing to catch fire?

Depends on whether the Russians are into incidiary or conventional ammunition this week, though calling a country a "thing" is a little rude.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's all we have until Fat Bitch does a twitter.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Dogwood Fleet posted:

A bunch of babies died after Nestle started handing out free formula in hospitals. The formula itself wasn't the problem- the issue arose when women stopped lactating because they were using formula instead of breast milk. The formula was now expensive and they had no recourse, so they ended up diluting the formula, leading to malnutrition and death.

The Third Mom

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

farraday posted:

You deserve Joe Manchin as your Senator so this can't be true.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/887039371052019713

why is the president surrounded by gibson guitars?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

sudo rm -rf posted:

Saw too much grey and flipped out again once he got out of his fire truck.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

God, the urge to go "nothing matters" is overwhelming.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

sudo rm -rf posted:

Russia said they were going to "Hack the Gibson," and Red Don was trying to help them out.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

in other news journalists and watchdogs are digging in to the obvious money laundering that trumps attorney sekulow commits via his charity

lol

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

waffle posted:

This seems likely. Why would they pay attention to the details of the Russia story, it's just those nasty Democrats slinging mud and playing partisan politics like they always do.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sudo rm -rf posted:

it's "made in the USA" week, a showcase of american products

notice the lack of trump branded poo poo

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/886996637255557120

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Yes, WaPo... destroy the NRA. Discredit them thoroughly

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Buzzword buzzword buzzword. gently caress off.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The top source for unbiased information, the NRA.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I'm getting cranky without my news fix. Please happen today. It's almost time.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

It almost slipped my calloused over mind how fluidly 'fake news' was slid in there.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Is any of this helping gun sales?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mlcalderone/status/887055880507858953

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Americans Humans aren't a people of facts and logic. They are tribalist, violent and angry at anything that disagrees with them, especially reality.

Let's not pretend that this issue is unique to Americans.

sudo rm -rf posted:

Gibson still has a factory in Memphis, TN.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Joe Pesci can't pull off a Trump can he?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Charliegrs posted:

If I remember correctly, the special counsel team cant prosecute the president. I think only congress can do that.

So Trump is never going to get prosecuted.

He provides his results to the DAG, who would provide it to Congress for anything involving Trump himself. If/when the GOP's leadership refuse to act there's nothing he can do other than talk to the media about how there's enough evidence to bring up charges yet Sessions and Congressional leaders want to put their party ahead of the country. At least I'd hope that if Mueller finds enough to bring charges and the GOP refuse to act on them that he'd say "gently caress these people" and speak out.

:drat:

Rigel posted:

Mostly because their competition is so very awful.

I'm sure their reputation was earned to some extent, but its gotten out of control now. Chick-Fil-A is now culturally considered to be the God-King of chicken fast food restaurants to the point where people feel compelled to agree when they otherwise may have shrugged and said "eh, its fine, I like it, whatever"

Bojangles runs circles around Chik Fil-a and it's not even close. KFC's biscuits are also still better than anything Chik Fil-a has ever produced. The nearest Chik Fil-a is by a Costco though, so even if I want some cheap fried chicken I can just hit Costco, spend the same amount, and get several times as much equal-or-better quality food too.

KFC used to be good for chicken but they hosed up in the last 15-20 years and the original recipe tastes kinda bad, and more watery/greasy than I remember. Extra crispy is decent as are their mashed potatoes and mac 'n cheese.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I don't know much about art, but I know what I like. And I like this very much.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I'm getting cranky without my news fix. Please happen today. It's almost time.

Oh I hope we're going to be drip fed another wave of revelations about the Don Jr. meeting this week. It was magical watching Trump and his supporters cook up excuses just to be proven wrong a day later and scramble again.

Drip feeding to discredit is the best strategy and I'm jonesing for another hit.

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
The new NRA stuff really feels like paramilitary/insurgent propaganda. Of all the insane bullshit going on I have to that that makes me the most nervous. It seems genuinely dangerous where Trump mostly seems sad and destructive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Covok posted:

Is any of this helping gun sales?

It sure as hell isn't hurting it.

• Locked thread