Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Honestly, I don't know how these athletes can consume so much alcohol and still look like Gods amongst men. I can't hardly touch any without it making me fat. Bastards.

CAlorie burning all day. I have twin four year old boys, consume about 2000 calories of alcohol a day, and still rock a pretty firm dadbod thanks to my insanely frustrating regimen of "Constantly running and yelling during every waking minute"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Fish bowl is officially a go. We have 36 teams in the league, but we are taking on expansion teams. If we get just 7 more expansion teams, we can add them all and have 48 total teams!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825569

EDIT: We only need 4 more expansion teams to sign up. With a week left, I'm certain this division will fire. So :getin: now, rather than later because this will fill up.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 16, 2017

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Cody Latimer pepper-sprayed after slapping a bouncer at a strip club in Dayton, Ohio because he was refused entry after failing to meet the dress code. Latimer was attending the strip club with his uncle (who was knocked out in the altercation).

There's a video.

I feel like there's a lot to unpack here.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Forever_Peace posted:

Cody Latimer pepper-sprayed after slapping a bouncer at a strip club in Dayton, Ohio because he was refused entry after failing to meet the dress code. Latimer was attending the strip club with his uncle (who was knocked out in the altercation).

There's a video.

I feel like there's a lot to unpack here.

cue Cecil Lammey telling us that this is the year Latimer breaks out (of jail)

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 16, 2017

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Veritek83 posted:

"He's playing angry this year"

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I love how feisty his uncle is in that clip. Sees his nephew get hit and goes at a dude twice his size with 110% effort... until he gets knocked on his rear end. A+ uncle.

In other news, so much for Lamar Miller's backup:

Rotoworld posted:

Texans third-round RB D'Onta Foreman was arrested for marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon in Austin early Sunday morning.
A call was placed to University of Texas Police at 12:24 AM and Foreman was booked into Travis County Jail at 3 AM. Six other male suspects were cited and released on charges of marijuana possession, while Foreman is still being held on $4,500 bail. Foreman won last year's Doak Walker Award, given annually to college football's top running back. Particularly after Foreman reported to the team out of shape, his chances of making a 2017 impact are fast diminishing.
Miller will get all the touches now and probably burn out by week 9.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Tyler Ervin hype train let's do this

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Veritek83 posted:

New thread title please.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Here's an extremely vague and poorly-sourced allegation that Zeke may have been involved in a fight at a club last night (there's a rumor he punched the DJ).

I dunno the offseason sucks and maybe Zeke needs to take a chill pill and not do dumb things for a while.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

D'Onta Foreman can't make $4500 bail?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lamar Miller should bail him out, be like "your rear end belongs to me, now," and spend the next few months straightening him out. You know, like if this wasn't a world where everything always turns out awful.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

all teams need to assign rookies into some kind of a buddy system with a respected veteran to (attempt to) teach them not to do stupid poo poo

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bring back Fall Guys.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm throwing in a plug for the SAS dynasty league - we need one more player for our 7th season and are starting our rookie draft this week. Check the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825100

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/886942306510700551

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

:lol:

I love Denny

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Alucard posted:

I'm throwing in a plug for the SAS dynasty league - we need one more player for our 7th season and are starting our rookie draft this week. Check the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825100

This is a good league you should join. The goons that run it are awesome, contract leagues are dope, and the team you're inheriting (Beer's old team) has David Johnson on a long contract.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I might be interested, I'll.look when I get home if no one has stepped up

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I might be interested, I'll.look when I get home if no one has stepped up

Trigger warning: team also has Travis Kelce

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Below market value or on some dumb contract because if so, if I take over first thing I'm doing is trading his rear end

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is the year for josh gordon

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Oh hai goons, it's that time of year where I see if anyone here wants to take over one of my league's castoff teams!

It's a 16 team dynasty league with IDPs. Here be the rules. Entry is free (this year, next year you can chip in a couple of bucks to cover league fees), but we all play like our waifus' honors are on the line.

20 keepers + up to 4 team squad selections (so basically 24 players). Keeper selection deadline is up to one week after you take over the team, but preferably ASAP. Slow/email draft will be one week after that.

Email me at morilikescookies at the all seeing google email domain dot com if interested, post here if you have questions and/or want to make fun of my choice in MFL skins/layouts.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/887108247836119040

Just another tidbit proving AJ Green is a total badass. I cannot stop laughing at Tavon Austin being #5 on this list though. Like that just seems cruel to do that to him. loving hell, Rams. How do you take a gadget player you can line up almost anywhere on the field and wind up putting him in so many unwinnable situations?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
AJ Green owns! Also, making me slightly excited about Parker in dynasty, as he really didn't have a bad year for a 2nd year WR.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

This is a good league you should join. The goons that run it are awesome, contract leagues are dope, and the team you're inheriting (Beer's old team) has David Johnson on a long contract.

It's a great league, I just need to cut down.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've never done a dynasty league before but I was going to start one with my friends this year. I was planning on doing an auction draft with a salary cap. Is that different from the contract league you are discussing above? Can anyone give me a few bullet points on the difference? Thanks :)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

I've never done a dynasty league before but I was going to start one with my friends this year. I was planning on doing an auction draft with a salary cap. Is that different from the contract league you are discussing above? Can anyone give me a few bullet points on the difference? Thanks :)

Dynasty auctions are rad, but anticipate many hours of drafting.

This particular contact league simply imposes time constraints on how long you can keep a player. Rookies all get five year contacts, in season pickups get two year extensions if you want to keep them, and veteran contracts are evenly split between 1, 3, and 5 years. You have one franchise tag you can use to keep an expiring player.

Salary cap leagues seem really fun and more strategic. Most leagues impose a conversion of auction values (usually inflating each year), or a pay scale based on performance. It's not uncommon to have a rookie snake draft in subsequent years, with a pay scale based on draft position. You can also combine this with contract years if you want.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I snatched up the SAS dynasty available btw. SOLELY FOR KELCE

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Another salary cap option is we have contracts you can hold indefinitely. The first three years, contracts increase 10% every year, then an additional 10% of the previous years contract every subsequent year. So year four, contact goes up 20% from the previous year. Year five, 30%. Etc. Etc.

There is no rookie draft. It's all under one cap. So value is king and every year you get the joy of free agency spending blitz to shore up your team.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Speaking of: "I Paid What for Who?," an all-goon 12-team dynasty league entering its third year, needs one more owner.
Please post in our thread if you're interested.

This is a money league. Dues are about $30 a year; five of that goes to MFL fees, the rest goes into a prize pool.
This is the available team. It did... poorly, last year, so you'll be rebuilding for the future, but there are some solid values on the roster so it's not a total disaster. We run using a salary cap: the salaries you see on that page have not yet been increased for 2017, so they'll all be 10% (minimum $1) higher this year, and you have to keep your team under a $250 salary cap. We will be scheduling a snake rookie/free agent draft once we have our replacement owner.

We do IDP, no kickers, fractional points, a taxi squad for rookies, FAAB bidding for all free agents during the season with an annual team budget, and we have a famous rules document written by yours truly that exhaustively documents the league rules. We'll be voting on rules changes in the near future as well, so you'll have an opportunity to help shape the league going forwards.

This is a pretty fun and chill group with zero drama, and as is typical for Goon-leagues, it's relatively tough compared to playing with pubbie casuals.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

CLIVE WALFORD?????

i'm in

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm 7500 words into sleeper, breakout, bust for every team and I still have 3 divisions to go lmao I want to die

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
related, dez has caught less than 50% of his targets over the last two seasons :pwn:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Spoeank posted:

related, dez has caught less than 50% of his targets over the last two seasons :pwn:

Well, look who was throwing to him

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

I hate season long stats, so I dug into his game logs from last year.

Dez was absolutely abused in three division games, and he posted sub 30% catch rates four times: twice against the Giants, once against the Eagles at home, and once against the Browns at Cleveland.

I might be willing to write that off as being caused by an early season knee injury and chemistry problems with Dak, but it certainly looks like good secondaries had his number. Definitely don't like his early season schedule in that light.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The following teams took him to 50% or less in 2015 too

Seattle
TB
Miami
Carolina
Washington
Green Bay
Jets

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mashed Dez's last two season per-game averages and made them one 16 game campaign with PFR:

122 tgts, 59 receptions, 871 yards, 8 TDs

David Johnson 2016
120 tgts, 80 receptions, 879 yards, 4 TDs

Plus all the rushing

:thunk:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Just to be clear, we're taking Dez's injury-hobbled 2015 at face value, plus comparing game-by-game catch rates so we can say a 1-5 game is as bad as a 8-10 game is good? He had 1-9 and 4-14 games which were, uh, not good, but otherwise he was either heavily involved and good or not targeted much.

Anyway, I know it was just a throwaway stat, but you know comparing a historic season by a three down RB to any outside receiver is going to be a bad comparison. Mike Evans only had a 56% catch rate and needed 50 more targets than DJ to get only 16 more catches. Shocking for a "receiver" to be shown up so badly by a running back!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

subtract catches + drops from targets and you get uncatchable passes. I think that's a worthwhile stat to look at when deciding if a receiver was good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lol I dont actually think Dez is bad I'm just tilting hard from all this writing.

Though "you can't take Dez's 2016 stats, he was hurt"
And
"You can't take Dez's 2015 stats, he was hurt."

:thunk:

• Locked thread