Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Incoherence posted:

Immortal 3 is out. It's kinda boring, honestly.

the viper hat is so loving ugly, goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm glad that they gave weaver another immortal instead of a hero like Jakiro or Oracle, IMO.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The Sven sword is surprisingly restrained for a Sven sword, and the Sand King claws are okay, but the rest look terrible.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dunno, lets put glowing things on their head I guess who cares they will still buy it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

botany posted:

the viper hat is so loving ugly, goddamn

so it fits the hero thematically at least

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I got the Sven sword so immortal 3 owns

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What happened to my Brood Momma why is she now dumpster tier?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

taking towers is insanely harder and the jungle got nerfed and her spiders feed a gently caress ton of gold

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

how brood end game

Even if she gets off to a good start, if you don't get far enough ahead that you're unmanageable then end the game, seems like she always reaches the point where like 'i wish i had almost any other hero than a brood on my team'

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Kild posted:

her spiders feed a gently caress ton of gold

myth

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Besides a couple tiny blips she's almost always been dumpster tier. Even if she trashes the lane against her once it reaches mid-late she offers almost nothing to the team.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

a witch posted:

Does anyone have a screenshot of the skull and crossbones effect they added ?
https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/886009133949788160

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Brood was 3-0 in MDL

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Immortal 3 Verdicts
Legion immortal looks good, the overwhelming odds effect is GARBAGE, probably don't use
Specter immortal has a really cool dagger effect but is really gaudy and obnoxious on the hero itself, item is DUBIOUS
Winter Wyvern immortal looks decent, but she has better headslot items. The Cold Embrace effect is actually really cool, APPROVED
Sand King immortal looks fine except has a big giant pulsating flippin TUMOR on his pincer, like it is really nasty to look at. changes his caustic finale to give the target tumors that then burst
*this is really gross, DO NOT USE THE CRIXALIS IMMORTAL
Viper immortal: doofy hat for your already doofy hero, actually looks okay tbh, changes his orb effect to a kinda gaudy thing, reminds me of the -armor orb from WC3 or w/e??? lets file this as a maybe
Weaver immortal actually doesn't look too bad, but tbh all his cosmetics bulk up and look weird on his slender model, so they all look weird. turns his swarm into like... cartoon pink amoebas?!!! units afflicted have cartoon amoebas all over them, very strange, maybe funny enough to use
I don't have a sven sword, so no review, but THAT'S THE VERDICT

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

- Ward changes mean it's easier for supports to deal with her in lane
- Raindrop item means your nuke is less good
- Feels like spiders do less damage to towers
- Necro definitely does less to towers
- Diving under towers slightly harder
- People are better about stacking stuns on you due to the bars if you get caught out for .2 seconds, so there is less of a crap enemy player buffer for gently caress ups

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There was a brief time when Brood was good a couple years ago, when she could walk off the map with web. She was a terror for the month or however long it lasted.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I miss the days of a surprise last pick brood completely catching a team unawares because they lack the depush to deal with her

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Xtanstic posted:

I miss the days of a surprise last pick brood completely catching a team unawares because they lack the depush to deal with her

That's always a threat. But it's fresh in people's minds, let the meta shift to something less about team fights and brood might make a comeback.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I mean they made a bunch of changes to encourage splitpushing again but all it ended up doing was giving NP and Brood like a 2% winrate boost and people kept teamfighting anyway.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cause this is how -em balance always devolves. icefrog should've known better. if the risk to solo farm lanes separately is never worth it, and farming waves takes 2 seconds for every hero, then it's not worth it.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I really hope Rubick doesn't come in second in the arcana vote, I really don't want to spend $150 or whatever on his arcana.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Valve is hopeless if Rubick Arcana isn't a temporary poorly fitting Arcana piece of whatever hero you steal an ultimate from.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
new international 2017 swag https://valvestore.welovefine.com/title/detailView/the-secret-shop.html

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
the blind box vinyls ;_;

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
im tempted to go for the mystery box

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The sleeping roshan with his cheese is the best thing ever.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I need the slark plush but gently caress shipping prices from welovefine.

e: On a second look everything seems pretty lacklustre this year. No digital items in blind boxes, no pins, both the mystery boxes are just full of last years merch sold at a premium price so they can get rid of old stock.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 18, 2017

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Gonna get a tide hunter mug I think.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

That mug is super cute I'm getting one.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the playing cards are pretty cool imo

getting a bunch of blind box vinyls because i have little self-control

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I want the mug but it's 20 oz so it's gonna be huge!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

your thread needs to be updated

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

RisqueBarber posted:

your thread needs to be updated

zurreco's supposed to post the new one, or I can, sure

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Majuju posted:

Go for it

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

also give me mod powers in lljk

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Majuju posted:

Don't forget to reserve the 2nd post for meme posts. I need my shitposts easily accessed for the upcoming TI.

I want that Tide mug and a CM vinyl. Is there ever a secondary market that pops up for this that is not 'exchange dupes in front of TI secret shop'?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

JollyPubJerk posted:

cause this is how -em balance always devolves. icefrog should've known better. if the risk to solo farm lanes separately is never worth it, and farming waves takes 2 seconds for every hero, then it's not worth it.

Well not every single popular hero can farm like that, but if you don't have at least 2 of those heroes on your team your lineup stinks.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

hahah TBS running a 4-part Dota documentary featuring illustrious and charismatic names such as demon, tobiwan, and richard lewis

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujVqdcFpqXE

Ah yes another documentary featuring Demon not making it to a tournament

E: they're not even gonna finish showing this documentary until after TI is over lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujVqdcFpqXE

Ah yes another documentary featuring Demon not making it to a tournament

E: they're not even gonna finish showing this documentary until after TI is over lmao

Actually not finishing until after TI is great - this way they can do the whole Animal House style ending montage.

"Tobiwan was arrested at TI7 for creepily eyeballing cosplayers and pronouncing Drow as Droh"

"Demon became the first player to be kicked mid-game at TI"

and so on

• Locked thread