Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

If you loving morons weren't aware, counterjnshrgencies are fought and won on the battlefields of the poiwerpojnt readyiness slides, the immaculate DFAC benchs with not a stray French fry or boot print in sight, immaculately ordered dumb el rAcks on the airfield gym, green beans cash registers awash with funds, a single patriotic salute to a young lieuntant deploying late after completing many important certificates and the eib at home, raise your fingernajl cut to length not exceeding the tip of your finger, in line with the remaining fingers and thumb all of which have no dirt beneath their nails, to the corner hinge of your clear lens eye protection that shall not be kept around the neck when not worn, salute that man and freeze as revelries plays and a afghan rug merchant continues picking his nose across the street as you hear americas toot toot toot over the loudspeaker, he looks at you from a lovely squat, you look back. There is magazine in your rifle, but you need no bhllets. They wouldn't let you have them. Readiness = green. War on.

this but in the old snake voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

tastefully arranged labia posted:

God forbid the contractors running the DFAC have to actually loving clean

That's basically my point. We waiver away cleanliness in high volume garrison areas while being dicks about wartime operational dining areas.

I can see telling the guy who got back from patrol after taking cover in a ditch full of raw sewage, but I was pretty annoyed when I got kicked out because I had sweat through my top too much.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

That's basically my point. We waiver away cleanliness in high volume garrison areas while being dicks about wartime operational dining areas.

I can see telling the guy who got back from patrol after taking cover in a ditch full of raw sewage, but I was pretty annoyed when I got kicked out because I had sweat through my top too much.

we had to clean our open air tents in afghanistan.

when i say clean, think basic training on day one levels of organization type poo poo.

we also had to sweep out the mraps every day, even if they didn't leave the wire. and we were surrounded by moondust.

it was loving stupid.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

If you loving morons weren't aware, counterjnshrgencies are fought and won on the battlefields of the poiwerpojnt readyiness slides, the immaculate DFAC benchs with not a stray French fry or boot print in sight, immaculately ordered dumb el rAcks on the airfield gym, green beans cash registers awash with funds, a single patriotic salute to a young lieuntant deploying late after completing many important certificates and the eib at home, raise your fingernajl cut to length not exceeding the tip of your finger, in line with the remaining fingers and thumb all of which have no dirt beneath their nails, to the corner hinge of your clear lens eye protection that shall not be kept around the neck when not worn, salute that man and freeze as revelries plays and a afghan rug merchant continues picking his nose across the street as you hear americas toot toot toot over the loudspeaker, he looks at you from a lovely squat, you look back. There is magazine in your rifle, but you need no bhllets. They wouldn't let you have them. Readiness = green. War on.

Doing a little day drinking there buddy?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

:chiefsay: You can't eat here.

:what: Interesting. Allow me to retort by pulling the pin out of this grenade.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

this but in the mgs2 crazy col campbell voice

brains
May 12, 2004

Naked Bear posted:

Now that I'm remembering things, one of those memos was no combat shirts or dirty uniforms in the DFAC, because that's exactly what you do when you want to piss off an entire troop of cav and infantry guys who actually work for a living, unlike your own fat, miserable rear end. Don't care if you made it back just in time to catch the rear end end of chow, you ain't coming in. Obvious solution: have dudes pick up an entire platoon or troop's worth of to-go plates before we get back. You can imagine how long that lasted before they put a limit on the number of to-go plates that could be picked up at once, and only with a signed memo from the CO stating the number of plates and the reason why those soldiers could not just eat in the DFAC. :wtc:

same except when they pulled this poo poo on us on whatever FOB we stopped at we just marched right past whoever the gently caress was at the door, got as many to go plates as we could, and stuffed our pockets with literally as much as we could carry. if they wouldn't let us in, we would go around back to the service entrance and walk in through the kitchen. we wouldn't sign for a drat thing, and if anyone ever gave us poo poo we just ignored them and walked out, got in the helicopter, and flew the gently caress away.

9 out of 10 times it worked simply because we were in and out in under 3 minutes and they didn't have time to react. for the rest, well you can imagine angry-faced E-7s getting told to shut the gently caress up and move out of the way by an angrier CW4. people forget priorities when they don't have a real job.

brains
May 12, 2004

also this isn't meant to come off as a "fuckin pogs :rolleyes: " -type post; i'm not implying that everyone who didn't leave the wire was useless or didn't contribute because that's clearly not true. i'm talking about those select few NCOs who, by choice or not, ended up on DFAC duty and then decided of their own volition to suck the army's dick as hard as they could and act like complete tone-deaf retards, ignoring all context or pretense of the situation in front of them.

it's hard to make a group of overworked, hungry people care about stupid poo poo like clean uniforms in a DFAC when you're in the middle of a 9-hour long flight and only have 5 minutes to eat (that you don't even shut down for). and especially when those same people go back to their own base that is black on food because the highway has been closed and resupply convoys can't make it through. but anyone with a loving pulse should be able to recognize that.

brains fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 16, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
fuckin pogs :rolleyes:

it's meant to come off exactly how it sounds

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

TBeats posted:

fuckin pogs :rolleyes:

it's meant to come off exactly how it sounds

Kill em all

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol we would often suspend cleaning while on station in a submarine.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
you'll take my "gently caress pogs" from my cold dead infantry hands when you manage to take the mustang at 30% interest, DUIs, and russian hookers from me as well :colbert:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

you'll take my "gently caress pogs" from my cold dead infantry hands when you manage to take the mustang at 30% interest, DUIs, and russian hookers from me as well :colbert:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pesticide20 posted:

But even worse now

This. A million times.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

when I was at recruiting school at Jackson they told us if we saw some certain BMW driving around to salute it, some general officer, but we had to salute his POV

like wtf

People get ate up on that poo poo even if it goes against customs and courtesy

like apparently this dude would get out of his car and bitch at people for not saluting his POV

People like that can suck my divk and would have gone into a big ol insubordination charge against me.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TBeats posted:

fuckin pogs

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

My CSM's policy was you can eat in your combat shirt/pants 2 hour prior/2 hour after guard duty/patrol. The only annoying thing was when we went on R&R we had no ammo, but was expected to walk around with a weapon. I got chewed out by the HHC commander so many times for walking around with no weapon. I usually just borrowed my POG buddy's m9 and tell my 1SG I had that in a holster whenever he came back to give me a stern talking to (He didn't really care either. He thought it was dumb too)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The army is a psycho ex who can't enjoy two good days together without thinking something must be wrong.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

The army is a psycho ex who can't enjoy two good days together without thinking something must be wrong.

Where are you going?

"Gonna get something to eat."

Didn't you eat, yesterday? Who is she!?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i would totally join the army if i could look like this while doing it

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Kaliber posted:

I usually just borrowed my POG buddy's m9 and tell my 1SG I had that in a holster whenever he came back to give me a stern talking to (He didn't really care either. He thought it was dumb too)

Most of the dumb poo poo can just be considered a train of CYOA decisions.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

TBeats posted:

pinky out~

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
here is n4b and I when we were in the same unit together i'm going to delete this soon just feeling cute

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ride together

die together

laser eye 4 life

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ride together

die together

laser eye 4 life

Thank you for your service.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

getting your laser eye will be the 22nd century equivalent of getting your ranger tab

bunch of young enlisted and junior officers getting shouted at about how they need to get their laser eye if they want a successful career in the modern CyberArmy

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

here is n4b and I when we were in the same unit together i'm going to delete this soon just feeling cute

glad to see they finally authorize the sniper tab so you can flex your bravo 4

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

TBeats posted:

This is a great, terrible movie.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
sucks when you're a badass elite sniper but your mom still cuts your hair

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bulletsponge13 posted:

This is a great, terrible movie.

I can't think of anything more American than a Belgian

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

sucks when you're a badass elite sniper but your mom still cuts your hair

uhmm its Future AAFES haircut they still haven't gotten any better

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

uhmm its Future AAFES haircut they still haven't gotten any better

its done with lasers and it takes 20 minutes

you have to tip the computer or else it will draw a penis on the back of your head as you leave the shoppette

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so you're trying to tell me that in the future, soldiers will be marrying robotic lasers overseas?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

YOO. HOO.

Really not all that different from current enlisted wives.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The Rat posted:

YOO. HOO.

Really not all that different from current enlisted wives.

Crushinator Hubba hubba

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

It's like a trashy enlisted wife and car combined

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I came really close to reenlisting but didn't and North Fort Hood has assured me that I just made the smartest decision of my life.

We've only been actively at war for 15 years now you think we would be able to make the demob process not the dumbest poo poo ever.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cyks posted:

I came really close to reenlisting but didn't and North Fort Hood has assured me that I just made the smartest decision of my life.

We've only been actively at war for 15 years now you think we would be able to make the demob process not the dumbest poo poo ever.

"You've been in a warzone getting shot at for 16 months? No alcohol. No leaving post. Also, you're locked in the barracks for two weeks." -Army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

"You've been in a warzone getting shot at for 16 months? No alcohol. No leaving post. Also, you're locked in the barracks for two weeks." -Army

At least on active duty:

"Oh and by the way seven straight days of reverse SRP starting the morning after you get back at 7am and answering questions about your mental health and if we get the impression you're crazy we can't let you go on leave but please don't lie."

Saw three drunk on duties happen the first day.