Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ended up scrapping that idea, my players are level 7, and I just want someone to math check this for me to make sure my encounter isn't too tough. The plot is going to be basically, you saved the world from Earthly threats, but now mystical creatures from another world are invading. They are a terrifying and ruthless amalgamation of biologically advanced, psionic aliens. They're dedicated to the pursuit of genetic perfection, they relentlessly hunt down and assimilate advanced species across the galaxy, incorporating useful genetic code into their own.They rapidly create new strains of their own species, and they relentlessly assault all those who stand in their way.

They have an NPC they absolutely adore, she's the last remnants of the "Suffering God" and she hands out infinite revives. They've come to rely on her from 4 - 7 so now they'll have to defend her from the Alien Threat, as she's one of the main reasons they've come to Geranth. They want to assimilate her, acquiring her enhanced healing and destructive magics for their own gain.

The first fight is going to be big, it's going to be 6 level 7 heroes ( Mersa the Necromancer, Estatos Cleric,Kasheon Rogue, Helm Artificier|Rogue, Acorn Wizard.)

code:
Zerglings x10

Zergling	
Medium 7th level Mook [Beast]	Initiative: +13	
Vulnerability: Cold
Crit Range Expanded by: 3 until half mob dies
Makes Attack on Death

AC 23 PD 21 MD 17	

HP 18 (180)	

Scraping claws +15vAC - 18 damage

code:
Ultralisks x2

Large 7th level Blocker [Construct]	Initiative: +11	

Psionic Resonance: Immune to Status effects / ongoing damage until 
DC 25 Intelligence / Wisdom check is made revealing fleshy underbelly weakness

AC 22 PD 21 MD 17	

Resist 18+ Until Underbelly weakness revealed
HP 190

Goring Tusks: +12vAC - 20 Damage
|--- Even v Heavy Armor: Target is Dazed
|--- Odd v Light Armor: +10 Damage
|--- Miss: 4d6

code:
Hydralisks x2

Normal 7th level Caster [Beast]	Initiative: +12	

Blood in the Water: Each missed attack increases crit range by 1 (Maximum 3)	

AC 23 PD 21  MD 17	

HP 100	

Acid Shot: +12vPD and Target is Weakened (Save Ends) 20 Damage

Hardening Mucus: +12vsPD and Target is Stuck (Save Ends) takes 13 damage each time they fail the save	

Acid Blood: First time hit in Melee Range, attacker takes 20 ongoing damage

code:
Overseer x1

Normal 9th level leader [Beast] Initiative: +15

Psionic Control: All allies this round benefit from Escalation Die unless Overseer was hit by 2 spells

AC 23 PD 17 MD 21	

HP 190

Mental Whip: +14 v AC: 30dmg	

Psionic Storm: +14vsPD (1d3 Near or Far Enemies) 30 Lightning Damage 
On a Natural 16+ +10 damage 
On a miss 5 damage to everyone around it friend or foe

Sparking Aura: +14vsPD (1 nearby enemy per point on escalation die) 40 Lightning Damage, and Target is Vulnerable (Save Ends)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I can't help but feel that the OSR game "Godbound" does 13th Age's skill system better than 13th Age. Instead of distributing points, you make 3 "facts." The facts are categorized:
  • The first fact is about your character's origin
  • The second fact is about your character's profession before becoming a Godbound
  • The third fact is about your character's relationship to an organization, religion, or some other group.
The Facts are not rated. Whenever a fact is relevant, you get a +4 to your roll. Facts don't stack so you only ever get +4 from your Facts.

This system kind of fixes the balance issues with the background system in 13th Age, for the most part. There is still the issue of batman vs bird keeper, but its lessened as the structure, set number, and set value help to lessen some of the issues.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Covok posted:

I can't help but feel that the OSR game "Godbound" does 13th Age's skill system better than 13th Age. Instead of distributing points, you make 3 "facts." The facts are categorized:
  • The first fact is about your character's origin
  • The second fact is about your character's profession before becoming a Godbound
  • The third fact is about your character's relationship to an organization, religion, or some other group.
The Facts are not rated. Whenever a fact is relevant, you get a +4 to your roll. Facts don't stack so you only ever get +4 from your Facts.

This system kind of fixes the balance issues with the background system in 13th Age, for the most part. There is still the issue of batman vs bird keeper, but its lessened as the structure, set number, and set value help to lessen some of the issues.

It's probably been stated before, but I like to do origin backgrounds (made with character sheet) as:

Something from your upbringing
A job you currently or once held
A hobby you have.

This usually gets away from the Batman stuff, though sometimes it's not worth the argument for someone to get a +3 or +5 on a roll.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Facts are sort of a refinement on Background to some degree, but honestly, more then anything, I'm just glad this method of mechanical interface is growing. I love it a loooooot.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Pre-orders for the Bestiary 2 have opened up, for those interested.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

Pre-orders for the Bestiary 2 have opened up, for those interested.

Awesome! Any idea why it's labeled "Snowcub Edition"?

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

Duct Tape posted:

Awesome! Any idea why it's labeled "Snowcub Edition"?

Presumably echoing the fact that the pre-order on Bestiary 1 was the Hatchling Edition?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's because what you get now is the artless pre-layout PDF with the plain text.

HomegrownHydra
Feb 25, 2013
FYI, the finished PDF of the Bestiary 2 is now available to those who pre-order. It's full color like the first one and 304 pages.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

...oh, wow, the art quality really took a hit this time.

I don't even want to be over-critical, but the square pictures with backgrounds fit really poorly into the 13th Age page design.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rand Brittain posted:

...oh, wow, the art quality really took a hit this time.

I don't even want to be over-critical, but the square pictures with backgrounds fit really poorly into the 13th Age page design.

It's SA, be as critical as you want.

Anyhoo, any good additions to the roster?

Also, I noticed their blog has been adding in sample char builds. Some look suspect though on their utility.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Covok posted:

Anyhoo, any good additions to the roster?

It's a good book aside from that, although if you bought 13th Age Monthly there's a fair amount of re-used content from that. It's got three icon fights (well, former icons) and I'm a sucker for phoenixes in any interation.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I now own the 13th Age Bestiary 2 PDF, ask me anything.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

What are the former icons that are statted up inside?

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 18, 2017

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
How's the adventure hook stuff? That was what made Bestiary 1 so drat good.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

What is your favorite monster in the book?

What is the most mechanically interesting monster?

What has the coolest hook?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

-Fish- posted:

What are the former icons that are statted up inside?

The Great Ghoul (fairly self-explanatory), the Gold King (a previous dwarf king enslaved by greed), and the Forest that Walks (a former High Druid that is now a literal woods elemental for unclear reasons).

They're basically giant setpiece battles with minions and a bunch of gently caress-you abilities like infinite respawns that you shut off one by one when you win campaign victories against them.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I'll be playing in my first 13th Age game at GenCon in a few weeks. I have lots of experience with 4e, and have always heard that 13th Age is a nice evolution of the design philosophy behind that edition, but I haven't gotten the chance to play before. I need to provide a level 3 character for the "Burning Love" mission. Besides the handbooks themselves, what are good resources for character building that are out there that can help me make a character that's fun to play but doesn't require an insane amount of system mastery to play?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Klungar posted:

I'll be playing in my first 13th Age game at GenCon in a few weeks. I have lots of experience with 4e, and have always heard that 13th Age is a nice evolution of the design philosophy behind that edition, but I haven't gotten the chance to play before. I need to provide a level 3 character for the "Burning Love" mission. Besides the handbooks themselves, what are good resources for character building that are out there that can help me make a character that's fun to play but doesn't require an insane amount of system mastery to play?

Ash Law has been doing sample character builds for a variety of classes on Pelgrane's site. Worth a look. Honestly, though, 13A is not that complicated character-building-wise compared to 4E, especially if you pick one of the simpler classes.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, you'll need less guidance than with 4e, no need for online builds or charop unless that's your thing and you want a weird gimmick / multiclass / a monk that doesn't suck. The most fun class in the game that really lets you sample the best of 13th age is the bard, so just make one of those and pick what seems fun.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand Brittain posted:

The Great Ghoul (fairly self-explanatory), the Gold King (a previous dwarf king enslaved by greed), and the Forest that Walks (a former High Druid that is now a literal woods elemental for unclear reasons).

They're basically giant setpiece battles with minions and a bunch of gently caress-you abilities like infinite respawns that you shut off one by one when you win campaign victories against them.

It came out perfectly in time for my end of campaign game, where the players were supplanting the icons to become them, so the Great Ghoul became the Lich King, and the Gold King became the Dwarf King. I'd love some more statted out Icon battles like that, it worked really well...

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Selachian posted:

Ash Law has been doing sample character builds for a variety of classes on Pelgrane's site. Worth a look. Honestly, though, 13A is not that complicated character-building-wise compared to 4E, especially if you pick one of the simpler classes.

Thanks for the link, those builds should help a lot!

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah, you'll need less guidance than with 4e, no need for online builds or charop unless that's your thing and you want a weird gimmick / multiclass / a monk that doesn't suck. The most fun class in the game that really lets you sample the best of 13th age is the bard, so just make one of those and pick what seems fun.

I'm trying to get a dragon laid, so a troubadour seems perfect for that. I'll try one out!

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Play a Spellfist Sorcerer with either the Golden Wyrm or Chromatic Dragon Talent and you're basically D&D Goku.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

If you were a subscriber to 13th Age Monthly 2, check your Pelgrane bookshelf - the playtest for the Demonologist for the upcoming Book of Demons is in there.

Update: It's really cool so far

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 3, 2017

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Is 13th Age Glorantha ever coming out? Seems like it's been in development forever, and from what I saw from an early playtest version it has some really neat ideas.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

As of a couple of weeks ago, they were starting layout. I remember them saying they wanted to have it available as soon as possible after Gen Con, but if they're only starting layout now I suspect it will be a bit longer than that.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It'll be out for Gen Con 2018.

The new edition of Runequest will have been announced and released in print before 13th Age Glorantha is done.

igotsmeakabob!!
Dec 24, 2004

I'm on Fire!
From twitter it looks like they had a whole lot (if not all of) the book at GenCon. I started running 5e after a couple 13th Age campaigns, I'm waiting for Glorantha or the Book of the Demons to release before we head back into 13th Age- which is a shame cuz I feel like 13A's 'skill' system blows 5e's out of the water.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/416625372/13th-age-in-glorantha/posts/1963247

Covok
May 27, 2013

My review for bestiary 2 is simple: good monsters with very interesting lore like the silver hand cult but the art is a lot worse than the first one.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I just got an idea for a Homebrew Rule and I want to write down before I fell asleep.

Morale:
Did you ever find it odd that enemies will always fight to the death? Never considering running away? Well, morale is for you.

Morale is a simple subsystem that can be slotted into any game to add a more realistic take on enemies and how they respond to their situation.

Morale is handled using the save system already present in base 13th age.

Morale is different for Mooks and normal enemies.

When mooks lose half of their mook group, they make a morale save. They will then make morale save whenever they lose another member of their group. If multiple members are taken in one attack, the group only needs to make one save.

Mooks also need to make Morale Save whenever anyone else on their side fails their save or a non-Mook monster is killed.

If there are non-Mook monsters on their side and none of them are bloodied, their Morale Save is easy (6+).

If there are non-Mook monsters on their side, but at least one is bloodied or fleeing, their Morale Save is normal (11+).

If there are no non-mook enemies on their side or all non-Mook monsters are fleeing, their Morale Save is hard (16+).

When normal monsters are bloodied, they make a Morale Save. They also make a Morale Save when a mook group or normal monster on their side is killed.

If there are other monsters or a mook group on their side and they are not bloodied, their Morale Save is easy (6+).

If there are other monsters or a mook group on their side but at least one is bloodied, their Morale Save is normal (11+).

If there are no other monsters or mook groups on their side or all of the other monsters are bloodied or fleeing, their Morale Save is hard (16+).

If the monster is 5+ levels higher than the highest level PC, their Morale Save is an easy save (6+).

A monsters abilities may alter this such as one that makes their Morale Saves always easy saves (6+) or one that makes them immune to Morale Saves.

When a monster fails a Morale Save, they get am ongoing "Fleeing" condition. A fleeing monster must spend their actions to get away from their opponents. After spending two turns fleeing, they escape the battle.

If a monster loses 25% of they HP or a mook group loses a mook while fleeing, they must make a normal save (11+). If they succeed, they lose the "Fleeing" condition. This is meant to represent them recongizing that fleeing won't save them due to your pursuit and turning back to fight.

-------------------

How does that look?

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 22, 2017

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Covok posted:

I just got an idea for a Homebrew Rule and I want to write down before I fell asleep.

Morale:
Did you ever find it odd that enemies will always fight to the death? Never considering running away? Well, morale is for you.

Morale is a simple subsystem that can be slotted into any game to add a more realistic take on enemies and how they respond to their situation.

Morale is handled using the save system already present in base 13th age.

Morale is different for Mooks and normal enemies.

When mooks lose half of their mook group, they make a morale save. They will then make morale check whenever they lose another member of their group. If multiple members are taken in one attack, the group only needs to make one save.

Mooks also need to make Morale Save whenever anyone else on their side fails their save or a non-Mook monster is killed.

If there are non-Mook monsters on their side and none of them are bloodied, their Morale Save is easy (6+).

If there are non-Mook monsters on their side, but at least one is bloodied or fleeing, their Morale Save is normal (11+).

If there are no non-mook enemies on their side or all non-Mook monsters are fleeing, their Morale Save is hard (16+).

When normal monsters are bloodied, they make a Morale Save. They also make a Morale Save when a mook group or normal monster on their side is killed.

If there are other monsters or a mook group on their side and they are not bloodied, their Morale Save is easy (6+).

If there are other monsters or a mook group on their side but at least one is bloodied, their Morale Save is normal (11+).

If there are no other monsters or mook groups on their side or all of the other monsters are bloodied or fleeing, their Morale Save is hard (16+).

If the monster is 5+ levels higher than the highest level PC, their Morale Save is an easy save (6+).

A monsters abilities may alter this such as one that makes their Morale Saves always easy saves (6+) or one that makes them immune to Morale Saves.

When a monster fails a Morale Save, they get am ongoing "Fleeing" condition. A fleeing monster must spend their actions to get away from their opponents. After spending two turns fleeing, they escape the battle.

If a monster loses 25% of they HP or a mook group loses a mook while fleeing, they must make a normal save (11+). If they succeed, they lose the "Fleeing" condition. This is meant to represent them recongizing that fleeing won't save them due to your pursuit and turning back to fight.

-------------------

How does that look?

Alternative rule:

When creatures reach 0 hp, sometimes it means they die, sometimes it means their morale is broken and they flee. You decide which.

(your rule seems fine, but will make combats easier sometimes, and seems somewhat fiddly)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
From a mechanical perspective, those rules look perfectly fine.

From a design perspective, "morale rules" were really derived from a pre-WOTC mindset where there was no concept of "encounter balance" - you simply referred to the monster generation tables, and if you rolled 20 goblins, then so be it.

Morale was necessary in these cases partly because of the wargaming roots of old-school D&D where "troops" of units would "break" in morale to cease as an effective fighting unit, and partly because you needed to be able to give players a fighting chance against 20 goblins.

In the post-3rd Edition paradigm, you don't really need morale anymore because while fights are "to the death", they're also structured in such a way that you're never going to throw a fight at the players in which they're hopelessly outmatched anyway (whereas you could do that in old-school D&D, and then pull-out a win by triggering morale failures).

So this isn't something that I consider would be appropriate to use all the time, or at least not without some heavy rejiggering of how "hard" encounters are as a baseline assumption.

Covok
May 27, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

From a mechanical perspective, those rules look perfectly fine.

From a design perspective, "morale rules" were really derived from a pre-WOTC mindset where there was no concept of "encounter balance" - you simply referred to the monster generation tables, and if you rolled 20 goblins, then so be it.

Morale was necessary in these cases partly because of the wargaming roots of old-school D&D where "troops" of units would "break" in morale to cease as an effective fighting unit, and partly because you needed to be able to give players a fighting chance against 20 goblins.

In the post-3rd Edition paradigm, you don't really need morale anymore because while fights are "to the death", they're also structured in such a way that you're never going to throw a fight at the players in which they're hopelessly outmatched anyway (whereas you could do that in old-school D&D, and then pull-out a win by triggering morale failures).

So this isn't something that I consider would be appropriate to use all the time, or at least not without some heavy rejiggering of how "hard" encounters are as a baseline assumption.

I didn't really consider that in my "half-asleep, half-awake" state. That does change a lot of things of how this would work in 13th Age. So...

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Alternative rule:

When creatures reach 0 hp, sometimes it means they die, sometimes it means their morale is broken and they flee. You decide which.

(your rule seems fine, but will make combats easier sometimes, and seems somewhat fiddly)

This is probably a better rule, but perhaps too arbitrary? May I make a suggestion:

quote:

Optional Rule: Powerful NPCs
Named NPCs are given more narrative importance implicitly. "Random Goblin 20000000003" is not nearly as important as "Sir Richard The First, Son of Asgar The Wise and Terous The Cruel." So, then it becomes a question of why allow them both to die as easily. Sure, the later has more HP and better defenses than the former, but they still die at 0HP. It can be rather unceremonious. Simply allowing them to escape or survive being sent to 0HP can be seen as "cheap" or "annoying" or many other negative sentiments. Especially since the decision to finally let them die may seem arbitrary.

That is were the Powerful NPCs optional rule comes in. Named NPCs now get to make a save when they are reduced to 0HP. The first time they make a easy save (6+). If they succeed on their save, they escape the situation alive through some means, as determined by the GM. The next time they are reduced to 0HP, they make a normal save (11+). If they succeed on their save, they once again escape the situation alive, as determined by the GM. The third time they are reduced to 0HP, they make a hard save (16+). If they succeed on their save, they escape death for the last time. The fourth time they are reduced to 0HP, they die. No save.

If they fail any of the above saves, they die.

If the PCs defeat the Named NPC through subdual damage, they do not need to make a save.

This rule can be ignored if enemies have different means to ignore death, such as The Gold King in The 13th Age Bestiary 2, and it is worth considering unique methods for particular Named NPCs to survive defeat, especially for main, campaign-level bad guys. Consider this rule better suited for reoccurring mini-bosses, like those often featured in the FXNXL FXNTXSY series by SqXXre XnXX.

Covok fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 22, 2017

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Yeah, I like the "Named NPCs get a bit of the system's PC generosity" idea, and I think that the mook rules capture the same spirit of the "Fighting large, undisciplined hordes of enemies" that the original morale rules captured.

Covok
May 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/13thAge/status/901485072787886081

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
My regular tabletop group is looking to test out 13th Age, and we'd like an experienced GM to run one session for us. We are a D&D 5E group and we're thinking about switching systems--lured by the many quality of life improvements that seem to be present in 13A.

We've grown increasingly frustrated with some of the systems in 5E. We play theater of the mind and the system really has to bend over backwards to accommodate that.

We play over Google Hangouts mostly, but would be open to other platforms that are more comfortable for you. We'd be extremely grateful! We are on Eastern Standard Time.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
My group has a game that is the Eberron setting, and I suddenly wanted to run a now-times Vampire: the Masquerade reskin on it too.

Anyone know of any resources? Mainly I am worried about gun combat and ballistic armor and such.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Running 13th Age for my 7yo this week and he came up with a pretty fantastic character.

Luke is playing a Dragonborn Ranger named Jessie Quicksilver

He beat the Crusader's mightiest warrior at the Emperor's annual tournament, he saved the Dwarf King's favorite nephew from a collapsing mine, and he's looking for his Alchemist great-grandfather's lost potion storehouse.

I'm super excited to run an adventure for him.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
That does sound pretty awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HomegrownHydra
Feb 25, 2013
On Rob Heinsoo's blog he's got an update on upcoming 13th Age books:
http://robheinsoo.blogspot.com/2017/11/winter-update.html

Fire & Faith: The third of the battlescenes books by Cal Moore, with ready-to-run mini-adventures for the icons who rely at least partly on faith: Diabolist, Crusader, Priestess, Great Gold Wyrm. The book didn't quite make it into print in time for Dragonmeet. Printed copies are showing up later in December, for now you can pre-order at the Pelgrane store and get the PDF.

Book of Demons: This one is in layout. Among the reasons the book will be notable is that it contains a rarity: a new 13th Age character class, the demonologist, something I put together after initial work by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan and another early draft from Paul Fanning. Elsewhere in the book, the six hellholes Gareth created are wild. He'd written art suggestions that I said were not-doable, "tone it down, a lot, this is just too convoluted, no artist is going to want to handle this," I said. And then Cat Tobin went and proved me very wrong, finding an artist named Agathe Pitié who pulled a full Hieronymus Bosch.

Book of Ages: I'm midway through developing Gareth's wonderful combo of DIY chronicling and sample ages, full of monsters and magic and spells from the ancients. Not sure of publication date yet but it's next in the pipeline.

Shards of the Broken Sky: I've got a bit of final devwork to handle on ASH LAW's big adventure. Art is midway. Maps are still needing to be arranged.

Loot Harder: ASH's new book of treasure, with bits from a few couple other writers. To be published in 2018, either just before or just after Shards I believe.

13th Age Glorantha: It will be a 400+ page book from Moon Design. We recently shared Chapter 3: Playing in Glorantha with KickStarter backers. Six of the book's eight chapters have been laid out by Chris Huth. Layout finishes soon. I'll be handling indexing and other final bits when I'm back from Dragonmeet. I'm amazed by the final layout. Jonathan prefers not to see our books as they're in progress, he likes to wait until they are done--he's in for a treat!