Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Quorum posted:

What? The Democrats in Congress have been doing a stellar job of opposing Trump's stuff (aside from most nominees sadly), forcing the Republican caucus to muster every single one of its votes to pass major legislative priorities. Which they are failing at doing. This is actually a very impressive accomplishment given the forces in favor of an incumbent president and his agenda.

Stellar job? Not so much. According to https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/ the Democrats only voted against Trump 42-93% of the time.

e:

moostaffa fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whose the baby now Paul? Whose the loving baby!?

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

moostaffa posted:

Stellar job? Not so much. According to https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/ the Democrats only voted against Trump 42-93% of the time.

e:

It's probably worth nothing that that score is calculated simply based on bills passed which Trump has signaled that he approves- which at least some are probably generic keep-the-lights-on bills.

With that in mind, 42% sounds pretty great- 92% less so.

The other side note is that Dem's don't have a majority in any section of the gov right now, so they're also limited in what they can do outside of filibustering on particular bills.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

moostaffa posted:

e:

This may shock you, but that number remains quite stellar and is in line with the wall of republican obstruction that you and I were railing against for the last six years. Nominees generally go through (and the Dems even came close to blocking a couple of those) but otherwise not a drat thing that can be filibustered or risks losing even three republican senators has passed. If gains can be made in either house in '18, that can be upgraded to not a drat thing passing at all, plus investigative committees that actually do their job.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I didn't listen to the audio, I'm only posting this tweet to say that those are some really tiny hands.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/887097147048566784

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Rigel posted:

I didn't listen to the audio, I'm only posting this tweet to say that those are some really tiny hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not going to buy your stupid trucks, Donnie.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

I can't even recall the last noteworthy person in any position of power who felt the need to constantly point how what a great / successful day of winning they've totally had no really they can barely take all of this success and they're doing so well and look at how huge my hands are I'M NOT A BABY PAUL I'M NOT

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rigel posted:

Not pictured: Trump family products.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

BadOptics posted:

E:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What are your thoughts on NASA's child slave camp on Mars?

Wow, I just read like 5 pages of fried chicken chat and not one of you motherfuckers mentioned Bojangles. :colbert:

The chickenchat was amazing and Popeye's or GTFO.
Not trying to re-start it, so I'll end gracefully with something we all can agree on. KFC should be thrown into the sea and forgotten.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 18, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

EatinCake posted:

It's probably worth nothing that that score is calculated simply based on bills passed which Trump has signaled that he approves- which at least some are probably generic keep-the-lights-on bills.

With that in mind, 42% sounds pretty great- 92% less so.

The other side note is that Dem's don't have a majority in any section of the gov right now, so they're also limited in what they can do outside of filibustering on particular bills.

The Keep The Lights On primary continuing budget resolution was actually a pretty good Den victory, under the circumstances.

It basically consisted of "continue 2016 funding" which is pretty acceptable in an environment where the living should envy the dead. :3:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My friend just moved to a county nearby and contacted me to ask for a character reference. You have to provide three non-relative character references in order to carry in that city, which they may contact before giving you approval, at their discretion.

This is something you might think the NRA would not like, but actually it's a law designed to keep black people from owning guns, so they don't give a fuuuuuuuck.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Trump disrespects McCain because he wasn't Made In America.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Mustached Demon posted:

Not pictured: Trump family products.

Seriously, is it that hard to generate the tiniest amount of goodwill by moving some of his production stateside?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

zenguitarman posted:

Seriously, is it that hard to generate the tiniest amount of goodwill by moving some of his production stateside?

Will it cut into profit margins?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

McCains probably deeply concerned about leeks now.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Danny LaFever posted:

Whose the baby now Paul? Whose the loving baby!?

This is the moment he became president.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So McCain's recovery process may take weeks. Which if so means Mitch will not have the votes to even proceed until like September at the earliest.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/status/887085986399875072

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KickerOfMice posted:

Will it cut into profit margins?

It's either this or ignorance. He either wants the money from those products or doesn't know and doesn't give a gently caress because his "business model" is "slap my name on tacky ridiculous poo poo and take licensing fees".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So McCain's recovery process may take weeks. Which if so means Mitch will not have the votes to even proceed until like September at the earliest.

I find myself morally obliged to concede a rhetorical point: a Republican Senator being plunged into medical suffering and incapacitation may in fact dramatically improve outcomes for the citizenry.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
i prefer senators who don't get capturedbrain surgery

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That video from the NRA is really kind of terrifying.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Haha. Lol :getin: yes yes this is an effective strategy.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

NRA was always garbage. Theyve been contributing to institutional racism and mass incarceration since the beginning. Most of the gun control measures theyve pushed was to prevent black people from owning firearms. theyve never been "sane"
You're so full of poo poo how can you even breathe without smelling of methane

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

coyo7e posted:

You're so full of poo poo how can you even breathe without smelling of methane

The post you quoted is more or less accurate.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Jaxyon posted:

The post you quoted is more or less accurate.

Yeah I can't believe of all SSB posts you could reasonably say that about, he managed to pick the one that was more or less correct and sane (both re: NRA and poutine)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

bird food bathtub posted:

It's either this or ignorance. He either wants the money from those products or doesn't know and doesn't give a gently caress because his "business model" is "slap my name on tacky ridiculous poo poo and take licensing fees".

His responds, at least in the debates, was that it was the Clinton (personally) who wouldn't get rid of the evil regulations forcing him to ship jobs overseas.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Buy all the guns you want you goofy fuckers. I'm sure you'll feel super safe when you get cancer after getting kicked off Medicaid. Selling all those guns will pay your medical bills.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Man, remember when Barack Obama personally funneled money into state elections?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Crabtree posted:

wish he did tbh

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Crabtree posted:

People actually liked him, all he had to do was show up

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/887103126922309636

john mccain is the most handsome man on television

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

That video from the NRA is really kind of terrifying.

Sweet weeping Mary, yes. No longer "our ideas for laws are better than yours, the government will take your guns." This is flat-out full-on dramatically heart pounding "If anyone in our American society tells you that what we are selling may have a downside, they are a liar and an enemy and wish to destroy all that you hold dear. second amendment"

Fun times!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I assume there have been some hot takesand Just Asking Questions about McCain's issues being a dem plot?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://mobile.twitter.com/byrdinator/status/887107435567222784

Game set match. Also loving lol.

https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/status/887107244688650241

farraday fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 18, 2017

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009
McCain got brain surgery as a move to block McConnell. Very Maverick.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

On a 3 year anniversary of Russians shooting down MH-17, too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

KickerOfMice posted:

Sweet weeping Mary, yes. No longer "our ideas for laws are better than yours, the government will take your guns." This is flat-out full-on dramatically heart pounding "If anyone in our American society tells you that what we are selling may have a downside, they are a liar and an enemy and wish to destroy all that you hold dear. second amendment"

Fun times!

It really hits the " Is this a threat?" several times during the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

When did this happen? Did McCain's surgery/recovery give the dumbfucks enough cover to flee the sinking ship?

• Locked thread