Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Woo, my local Asda had Wave 4 TR in and I picked up Topspin :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Still no Topspin at my Asda, but if he's spreading then hopefully soon!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It was either now or at TFN, but I was there and so was he so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So what are these holes for? Are they a Twintwist thing? I feel like the weapons should plug in, but they don't.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Those pegs on the back of the titan master's legs.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

So they can ride on the top. Through space. At godstomping speeds, right above the giant fuckoff motors.

Titanmasters are p. metal.

Had a bunch of fun yesterday, good to meet you all! The movie was exactly as atrocious as I had hoped. Hope I wasn't too much of a jackass. Big thanks to DK and Keith for helping me snag what might have been the last non-transparent, non-red Sphinx at the show. You're both awesome.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Neat thing about Top Spin and Twin Twist having the same gun type means that you can do this.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Anora posted:

So basically you want the Combiner Wars Menasor? Like that's what he is, Cars as Arms and calves.
Yep, exactly that, but MP aesthetics.

Also I'd like no combiner kibble with integrated hands and feet, but I've pretty much given up on anyone ever doing that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anora posted:

Sure, why not?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Speaking of Titan Masters, has any third party company decided to start making heads for the bodies that are just heads? Like a plain ol' Hot Rod head without legs hanging off the back?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

Speaking of Titan Masters, has any third party company decided to start making heads for the bodies that are just heads? Like a plain ol' Hot Rod head without legs hanging off the back?

Not as a line-wide thing yet, afaik, but Renderform has a couple of different styles of Just Heads for Galvatron in their upgrade kits, and Hasbro's done one itself for NITRO ZEUS

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Guys how widespread is the TR Trypticon hip/leg issue? Mine just arrived from BBTS and I REALLY don't want to have to take it apart but I will if that's the common sense move at this point.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Apparently it's omnipresent.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You can also test it a bit and if the legs are hellishly tight then yeah you probably have to trim 'em springs a little.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just saw TR Megs at my local Target. Yikes, he looks bad. His chest just looks really cheap. Hopefully Blitzwing isn't the same.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah megs should have gotten a better plastic surgeon. :v:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

KOOS Gnaws arrived, these are very much KO but not even remotely OS. That kind of sucks but can't argue with 3 Gnaws in nicer colours with wrist swivels

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
presenting Twin Spin and Top Twist;

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

presenting Twin Spin and Top Twist;

Whoa - custom? Or did Takara white wash?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Saw this today. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-Tran...%3D263090638800

Kinda curious if he's fixable. Would it be a pain in the rear end to do?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just pay a little more and get the KO

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheDK posted:

Whoa - custom? Or did Takara white wash?

Some guy on /toy/ did a part swap between the two molds, apparently the only thing you need to do is sand down some tabs on the arms of one of them

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just pay a little more and get the KO

Yeah I was leaning that way. Just kinda curious if someone could fix something like that. I don't think I could do it. I'm already nervous as poo poo thinking about the slight mod I have to do on my KO Red Alert.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Not the best photos, but my new phone seems to struggle with glass cases in a new and exciting way. All my MMC display photos are trash, heh.

I think the Rail gun package (on the back of Bruticus) can go on Onslaught, but doesn't in this picture. Can hold Bridge watcher too, which I think is turning into a standard feature of Bruticii.

Basically I'm really impressed with this one, people might have some problems with the colors but I don't notice. Carbros look good too. Pity IF didn't have their coneheads out, guess they're a bit behind on those, and no sign of MakeToys Thunder Erebus either.

Looks like FansProject might be dead too. Could only find one seller even displaying the latest LER gals, and no sign of their Snarl, which apparently had to undergo revisions due to problems with his tail being assembled backwards at the factory.

Lot of other lame prototypes and 3P stuff floating around I didn't photograph. FT's Omega Supreme is successful at being a gently caress off huge animation model brought to life, but man, it sure doesn't look great up close.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

pubic works project posted:

Saw this today. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-Tran...%3D263090638800

Kinda curious if he's fixable. Would it be a pain in the rear end to do?

That's the first MP Rodimus. It's a piece of poo poo. I wouldn't bother.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Judd Nelson is Hot Rod!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

And MatPat is Computron.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Just received The Head Of Thunderwing from Knormal and it is a hefty, majestic thing. So many different color plastic (four!) and paint apps (also four!) It's also about twice the weight of any of my other Titan Masters. He's a solid little brick of unstoppable destruction, and I love him. Now I just gotta hope that a Target nearby puts out new stock and doesn't wait till all the Berserkers and Slashes are sold to put out a Nitro Zeus. I feel that Nitro Zeus and Mr. Torgue would be best pals.

Thank you Knormal!

Side note, are the other bots in that set also made of heftier plastic?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

That is a die cast Titan Master Sir.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I suspected as much but never dreamed I could own one!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just received The Head Of Thunderwing from Knormal and it is a hefty, majestic thing. So many different color plastic (four!) and paint apps (also four!) It's also about twice the weight of any of my other Titan Masters. He's a solid little brick of unstoppable destruction, and I love him. Now I just gotta hope that a Target nearby puts out new stock and doesn't wait till all the Berserkers and Slashes are sold to put out a Nitro Zeus. I feel that Nitro Zeus and Mr. Torgue would be best pals.

Thank you Knormal!

Side note, are the other bots in that set also made of heftier plastic?

Metalhawk (which I received) isn't. But he's still pretty cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is a revision to the KOOS TLK Megatron coming in September. The masked head and articulated hands.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kapow toys will have purple Calidus and Yellow Truck Terraegis at TFNation. Both will run you about £75-80 each depending on exchange rate. Oof.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Grabbed Scoop from Kapow to backfill my Wreckers team now that TR has made finishing it actually possible. He's... odd. Feels like someone made a Legends class and upscaled it to Deluxe for some reason. Transformation is less complex than CW Shockwave, and somehow feels like they sort of forgot to include a good chunk of the vehicle mode. Cool robot though, which is the most important thing really.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If that's the Generations Scoop, he's basically G1 transformation accurate.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/Serika_Izumi/status/887616325421543424

I really want to get to the mutineers now

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Anora posted:

If that's the Generations Scoop, he's basically G1 transformation accurate.
Unfortunately looking at the G1 toy I think the transformation is actually slightly better and the end vehicle looks a bit more convincing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Seems we'll have some Power of the Primes reveals tomorrow:

quote:

TRANSFORMERS

The TRANSFORMERS panel, held 11:00am-12:00pm on Thursday, July 20th, will get the collectors excited as the team provides an exclusive glimpse of the latest and greatest toys that have yet to hit shelves from the TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES product line. Fans will also be able to go behind the scenes of the TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT film line, as well as the movie Masterpiece Collection. In addition, members of the TRANSFORMERS team will host a Q&A session to answer some of your burning questions.

Other exciting TRANSFORMERS brand booth activities include a poster giveaway for TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS, along with a glimpse at upcoming products across the TRANSFORMERS portfolio.

Nothing new in display right now but there's a pretty nifty movie diorama, gotta appreciate the effort.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kinda wondering more what is happening with the supposed wave 6, if it exists at all. Feels like "no".

Maybe Power of the Primes will get me going though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who's supposed to be in wave 6?