Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
that's a pretty poor Best Part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Beehive and Volcano music are also strong contenders. But pretty much any track from DKC 1 and 2 can be someone's favorite.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The Bloop posted:

I regret paying full price for Other M and XCX and that's pretty much it

Xcx rules though

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sakurazuka posted:

That's what you think but the boxes are just filled with spiders and snakes

Australian Splatfest: Snakes vs. Spiders

The Bloop posted:

I regret paying full price for Other M and XCX and that's pretty much it

I forget how much I paid for XCX, either $30 or $40 during a sale on Amazon. The game had its flaws and wasn't as good as XC but was overall it was worth the price. The game would've benefited from not going quite so hard on the MMO-ish gameplay design though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
XCX was worth $60 just for the town music. Except you can listen to it on Youtube for free so...

Dear Nintendo, the XCX town theme would be perfect for the Switch eShop theme.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why doesn't the eshop and or main switch menu have music

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Are Pro controllers cheaper yet

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Dear Nintendo, the XCX town theme would be perfect for the Switch eShop theme.

Ahahaha, I loathe that music so much that it will completely break me of my habit of regularly visiting and buying eShop titles.

Honestly, I'm not in the habit of paying full fare on a game and the DLC packs just so I can hate it--it always feels like Christmas morning when I buy a game.

Douglas Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Can I get a controller with symmetrical stick/button placement?

Better yet can I get something to use a Dual Shock with the Switch

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

a.lo posted:

Yes the insanely popular peripheral for the even more insanely popular video game portable console received such a tremendous price cut they actually pay you a nickel to take one from the store

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Calaveron posted:

Yes the insanely popular peripheral for the even more insanely popular video game portable console received such a tremendous price cut they actually pay you a nickel to take one from the store

I haven't seen this yet. Scalpers must've taken them all.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can use one of 8bitdo's Pro controllers. Or wait for the SNES-themed ones, since those will have the home & share buttons and I think support gyro controls.

I think there's supposed to be some kind of Dual Shock adapter coming from some other 3rd party also. They might even work on USB now, haven't tried it to see, but apparently a bunch of controllers started working on it with the latest update.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

a.lo posted:

When the Switch is no longer in production, until then loving LOL

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

When the Switch is no longer in production, until then loving LOL

For how much did a Wavebird, hell even a regular wired GC controller, go for before the super limited SSBB controller and adapter run because I wager they weren't inexpensive

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

s.i.r.e. posted:

Port PSO to the Switch.

This is it. This is how I die.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A PS4 to WiiU adapter will work on the Switch, though the connection will need to be wired, and I believe the analog sticks will be read digitally.

In the video about the SFANS dock I payed earlier Vince shows this functionality towards the middle or 2/3 of the way through the video.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

I don't understand why XCX just didn't use the same battle system as Xenoblade.
XB's battles were fun due to its assigning specific roles to characters, like attacker, tank, debuffer, and healer.
XCX was just buttonmashing.

And the town's "Uh-huh" music just ruined me.

Xenoblade's combat was insanely boring, not that I think X's was much better but it certainly wouldn't have been an improvement to stick with that

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Calaveron posted:

RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3pQv9mmZMk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes. Brooks wiiu converter. I have one to use a fightstick on aca games

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Looking back over Monolith Soft's spotty and masturbatory track record, I'm beginning to think Xenoblade was the exception and not the rule.
Maaaaaaaaan, I hope Xenoblade 2 proves me wrong. (I loved Xenoblade so much I have the Wii version, 3DS, and the WiiU VC version.)

They've helped with the Zelda games too, though, right? I think they just screwed up with X by portraying your avatar as the main character when it really was Elma, plus wanting to do the multiplayer content as implemented. Those two choices seem like they had serious knock on effects.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Chronojam posted:

They've helped with the Zelda games too, though, right? I think they just screwed up with X by portraying your avatar as the main character when it really was Elma, plus wanting to do the multiplayer content as implemented. Those two choices seem like they had serious knock on effects.

Nah the entire flow of the game was a mess even though mechanically it was pretty solid. It had some deeply fundamental problems with its structure that hopefully they learned from although it was pretty well received so maybe not? Even most of the goons who dislike it (like me) really liked it for the first chunk of time, before the game's problems really became apparent. The Imp zone thread is pretty funny to go back to because it's a bunch of people gushing over the game until one by one they all give in to despair.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Never got around to beating it but I had fun despite apparently the actual meat of the game being in the postgame

Hopefully Xenoblade 2 is more Xenoblade 1 and less XBX

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Xenoblade at all related to Xenosaga? I liked that one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

All these Xeno games have some shared iconography and sometimes shared characters but they're pretty separate.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I really hope xenoblade 2 is actually good, because right now it looks v. boring

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I really hope xenoblade 2 is actually good, because right now it looks v. boring

I was actually disappointed to hear that it's out this year. It looks like it needs much more time.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I don't like the character design at all but I kinda like the Pokemon mechanic of collecting party members. And the guy from the first game is doing the music again (I really liked the music from the second game but it doesn't hold a candle to the first xenoblade), so ill probably pick it up unless it's truly awful

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some of those new Xenoblade 2 tracks are awesome, can't wait for the full soundtrack.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Eh, let them put it out this year so they can get started on a new Baten Kaitos.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

I don't understand why XCX just didn't use the same battle system as Xenoblade.
XB's battles were fun due to its assigning specific roles to characters, like attacker, tank, debuffer, and healer.
XCX was just buttonmashing.
XB's battles were just buttonmashing too in the truest MMO sense

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So I turned on the old Wii U to play some splatoon 1 while I still can and I'm getting a system update. I had played just a few days ago so this is new

Whoa

Edit anti hacking measure I'm seeing after a search

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

So I turned on the old Wii U to play some splatoon 1 while I still can and I'm getting a system update. I had played just a few days ago so this is new

Whoa

It's just to block homebrew. I'm surprised they even bothered at this point.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

XB's battles were just buttonmashing too in the truest MMO sense

I thought the different party members could have provided a decent enough variety. If the game was maybe 2/3 of its length I would have been fine, but as it stood I had gotten bored of the various characters well before the end, it's a long rear end game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Port PSO to the Switch.

PSO2 might end up on the Switch.

Japan only

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

I played 108 hours of XCX and I think 20 of those were just running around the city remembering where my party members spawn

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

I.... have no good reason I can think of. I wonder why they didn't bother.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Death By Yogurt posted:

I played 108 hours of XCX and I think 20 of those were just running around the city remembering where my party members spawn

The party and quest system are loving insane.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Evil Fluffy posted:

PSO2 might end up on the Switch.

Japan only

:smith:

I mean, doesn't matter since it's region free but what're the chances of having all of the text translated to English in-game out the box?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

s.i.r.e. posted:

:smith:

I mean, doesn't matter since it's region free but what're the chances of having all of the text translated to English in-game out the box?

lol if you think SEGA gives a flying gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Got drunk.
Ordered Splat2n.
No ragrats.

• Locked thread