Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

mlmp08 posted:

Heresy against GiP icon Katy Perry

No exceptions. The worshipping of idols is not tolerated under Islamic law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the tax code is hilariously complicated because it means a million ways for rich people to pay less and it means tax prep companies get to gently caress everyone else

i love people who say rich people need a tax break because they pay 40% taxes when there's enough breaks in the code that rich people can pay an effective tax rate comparable to the middle class.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Tastelessly constrained labia

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tastefully arranged labia posted:

That's surprisingly cogent coming from him.

He supported Trump. gently caress that guy.

Don't put your dick in crazy.

Meanwhile, Ken Ham, after promising the local city that Ark Encounter would rake in the cash, has sold Ark Encounter to his Ministry. For $10. To skip out on taxes.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/07/17/creationists-have-sold-ark-encounter-to-themselves-for-10-to-avoid-taxes/

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 17, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

He supported Trump. gently caress that guy.

Don't put your dick in crazy.

don't gently caress Katy Perry i guess

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Tastelessly constrained labia

should I know who this lady is and more importantly should I be masturbating to her

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Also tax codes are long and complex for a goddamn reason. It's to plug loving loopholes.

It shouldn't be any surprise that all "simplified" tax plans tend to massively favor the rich. I've lost count of the number of people with $20-30k incomes who say a 20% flat tax would be great because it's "way more fair."

timma85
Feb 13, 2006

BigDave posted:

I also remember a NPR article that talked about California doing this, and conservative groups actually like complicated taxes, since if people get pissed of at doing their taxes, they hate the government that makes them do it.

Plant Money talked about that in one of their podcasts. It largely blamed the tax preparer lobby and Grover Norquist. I read some other great articles about Grover and it makes sense he killed something that might make Americans happier, not just wrt to government either.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Buca di Bepis posted:

It shouldn't be any surprise that all "simplified" tax plans tend to massively favor the rich. I've lost count of the number of people with $20-30k incomes who say a 20% flat tax would be great because it's "way more fair."

That's the premise behind the 'Fair Tax' crap too.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/FairTax

Ironically, a lot of people who support the Fair Tax also think Trickle Down works.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Buca di Bepis posted:

i'm still sorta impressed that the nz government got away with lowering taxes on the rich and increasing our sales tax from 12.5 to 15%

like they pretty well double-hosed the poor with that one

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Then there are the genius's who think we should pay for things with sales tax increases instead of taxing rich people.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Don't worry though, minimum wage got a $.50 increase! (still actually lower in real-terms than in the 70's) NZ is loving hosed but everyone still acts like we're living the egalitarian dream that might have sort of existed like 60ish years ago.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

What I think you're all forgetting is that we don't have poverty in America, but instead an entire class consisting of generations of temporarily inconvenienced millionaires overburdened by a needlessly complex tax code aimed at suppressing their wealth generation.

Or so millions of people of voting age believe.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Don't worry though, minimum wage got a $.50 increase! (still actually lower in real-terms than in the 70's) NZ is loving hosed but everyone still acts like we're living the egalitarian dream that might have sort of existed like 60ish years ago.

I still can't figure out what angle our "media" is pushing with their constant NOPE NO HOUSING MARKET PROBLEMS HERE articles.
Sorry but in my lifetime I've seen the house I grew up in increase in value 7fold.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

suboptimal posted:

What I think you're all forgetting is that we don't have poverty in America, but instead an entire class consisting of generations of temporarily inconvenienced millionaires overburdened by a needlessly complex tax code aimed at suppressing their wealth generation.

Or so millions of people of voting age believe.

Well, them and the lazy coloreds

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
You know the country is hosed when poor people pay the majority of taxes and rich people don't have to pay anything.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
So, the cop who shot the Aussie is a Somali immigrant named Mohammed.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Stultus Maximus posted:

So, the cop who shot the Aussie is a Somali immigrant named Mohammed.

Well how the gently caress is everyone supposed to feel about this?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Let's be honest, who here hasn't wanted to shoot a new-aged spiritualist mum before? Especially an aussie, it's like a perfect storm of obnoxiousness. I bet he was like "stick that in ya fuckin chakras, lady"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/politics/trump-jeff-flake-arizona-primary/index.html

The leopard is eating red team faces by funding primary challengers against people Diaper Donnie has petty personal grievances with. Who could have possibly foreseen a swiss-cheese brained narcissistic millionaire in cognitive decline would turn on his own party because of a wounded ego?

Here's to hoping he burns more bridges and his own party turns on him out of survival instinct. The Republican party fracturing into outright warring factions without a crypto-Kenyan Muslim usurper super-Allah mega-Hitler to rally against is one of the best possible political outcomes, assuming Democrats don't just swoop into the empty space and become even more Republican-lite.

By which I mean we're all hosed and I just want to see the right people suffer even a little bit by losing office and being forced to bail out on their golden parachutes.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FrozenVent posted:

(You can't take home less money for working overtime for christ's sake.)

Your check can be smaller. All it takes is lazy hr/accounting at your company doing taxes without adjusting for marginal tax rates. You will get it all back when you do your tax returns, but that doesn't help people who are living hand to mouth.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tryzzub posted:

We're going to see that the system works and that bad shootings really do result in consequences for the officer, they're just really rare and this is definitely one.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Americans will absolutely fry a guy named Mohammed for shooting a white person

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Senators Lee and Moran are both against the AHCA. This thing is dead unless someone flips back.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Tryzzub posted:

http://i.imgur.com/4GwAC8w.jpg

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Senators Lee and Moran are both against the AHCA. This thing is dead unless someone flips back.

Holy balls. I thought there were around 15+ secret no votes coming from Republicans, but I didn't expect Moran and Lee to be the ones that jumped together to be the 51st no vote.

Oh this makes more sense, they're not up for reelection until 2022: https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/887113221152395264

That loving thing is absolutely toast now until they make another halfassed attempt to revive it. RIP

Edit: :siren: HOLY poo poo LASERS :siren:

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/887085521255768064

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 18, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
When a healthcare bill is so bad even republicans are against it... oh wait it's not that it's bad it's that it's not actually bad enough yet.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Grover just got an erection and he doesn't know why

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pesticide20 posted:

Grover just got an election and he doesn't know why

Still not as bad as the current guy that got the election :psyduck:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, that's right, you're not editing your way out of that one, MISTER

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/USMC/status/887076189487214592

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Of course the marines emoji would be the white guy

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
An emoji of an Okinawan getting raped by a teen marine is probably not something Apple cares for.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

bwhaa this is the stupidest poo poo I've seen in awhile

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Holy balls. I thought there were around 15+ secret no votes coming from Republicans, but I didn't expect Moran and Lee to be the ones that jumped together to be the 51st no vote.

Oh this makes more sense, they're not up for reelection until 2022: https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/887113221152395264

That loving thing is absolutely toast now until they make another halfassed attempt to revive it. RIP

McCain's blood clot turns out to be the only part of him that was deeply concerned enough to actually do something about the bill, namely delay it enough to give all the other rats cover to jump ship.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

mlmp08 posted:

An emoji of an Okinawan getting raped by a teen marine is probably not something Apple cares for.

Reminds me of the one time I've read a story about the marines in Japan that actually suprised me. I can't find the story because searching for "Marine Rape Japan" quite frankly brings up a disturbing number of articles, but several years ago, according the reports I read, a couple of very young marines on their first overseas trip managed to:

a) Get dropped off wherever US military people get dropped off, miles away from anywhere.
b) Having no transport, go and find the nearest bar, in a country they don't know and with no language knowledge, and get wasted.
c) Rape a girl.
d) Get to the base they were supposed to get to.

In under 2 hours.

I gave up being disgusted and just boggled at the logistics. Or whatever the gently caress they managed to do to spacetime.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

the comments are on par with what gip would say lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

check out this boot bitch

• Locked thread