Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Moatman posted:

So I made a bad choice and reinstalled this today. Holy crap when did the install size go to 45 gigs

Did you select ultra sound quality? Mine is only 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

wdarkk posted:

Did you select ultra sound quality? Mine is only 30.

It would only let me choose high or ultra and high was like 42 or 3
e: 41.9, I guess, since that's what the current size is

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Is there a decent website that will let you post replays or is running fraps during a replay and then posting to Youtube the best way to do it? I have 2 games I want to share. One is probably the dumbest freaking luck to pull a ranked win completely out of my rear end and the 2nd is a 3 minute high caliber.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Cippalippus posted:

Unless you really need the credits, the Missouri isn't worth it: the radar is handy but sometimes a spotter/fighter plane is better. I got one because I got thousands of Papa Papa flags in the Christmas boxes, therefore even after buying one and never using a stock ship I'm still sitting on over half a million free xp.

Yeah, my only thought was the friggen credits it seems to earn. I'd love to be able to regularly do in one game what takes me two in an Atago; however, it ain't worth $100.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm kind of working my way towards it, sitting on like 314k or so at the moment, but I'd certainly agree that you definitely shouldn't be putting actual money toward Missouri. I just view it as a long term goal, and try to actually fully grind lines rather than skip ships (maybe with some upgrades purchased here and there) in order to get a feel for them.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Thankfully, I have no interest in Missouri, but if they put up a DD I may be in trouble.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Helpful reminder for everyone, always run Det flags on T9/10 ships. Maintenance costs are just too high at those tiers to risk it, and WG certainly hands out enough of them in the various contests to keep you going for a long long time, so use them. Pretty sure the full health Fletcher I landed a single Atago HE shell on as he ducked behind an island was wishing he had. I generally run them on many T7-8 ships as well, but personal preference.

Also featured in that game, a Kutuzov going broadside to a Scharnhorst at under 7km to dodge my HE shells from 13+km away. WHY????

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

So I've been saving up free XP to buy the Missouri; however, I just had this realization: after like 2 months I only have 70k saved. This will take years. Given this, and the fact I won't drop $100 for gold to make up the difference, I'm thinking of spending what I have on the Royal Navy BB line when it launches.

Do you chase super containers? I've got a few with 50k free XP in them.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Moatman posted:

It would only let me choose high or ultra and high was like 42 or 3
e: 41.9, I guess, since that's what the current size is

Did you clear out the wows/Updates folder after it finished installing? The game doesn't delete the install files automatically.

My install size is is only 26 gigs with high quality sound.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, my only thought was the friggen credits it seems to earn. I'd love to be able to regularly do in one game what takes me two in an Atago; however, it ain't worth $100.

Then yes, you can't beat a Missouri. With the two flags for extra credits you can even get 1,5m credits for a good battle.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ZombieLenin posted:

Any idea when that might be?

RN battleships are listed on the July Event Calendar on the EU site, so I'm still expecting them to arrive this month

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Moatman posted:

So I made a bad choice and reinstalled this today. Holy crap when did the install size go to 45 gigs
Are carriers still skycancer?

Depends on when you last played. But CVs are definately the most "balanced" they have ever been right now, with the exception that the IJN line is better than USN at all tiers except T4. CVs can't dominate games the way a pre-nerf Midway (ie 1-2-2 loadout) could a year ago but they are still the most effective ships in capable hands.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Scapegoat posted:

Do you chase super containers? I've got a few with 50k free XP in them.

I used to, but then I went like 6 months just doing the "try my luck" containers without getting a single super container. This was after getting 3 immediately after the container mechanic went into place.

Recently I got a super container pulling a credits container, which I did not even think was possible. It had one of the most useless super container upgrades in it--the one that gives you an extra 20 seconds on a spotting aircraft.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
They are removing credit supercontainers and also reducing the chance of getting those worthless "special" mods, that honestly suck dicks in hell.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I cannot hit anything at range with the Alg. I don't know why. Near the tippy tip of my range all my shells are just going everywhere except on target and it is really frustrating. Are these shells slower than they seem? :france:

how the gently caress do I end up on top of my team in a game where I crashed five seconds into it what is this hell

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 17, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Royal Navy built so few battleships over the years that WG has been forced to resort to a frankenship

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 17, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Blueprint war vehicles are great. I would love another Maus/Object # type thinger, but a ship.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I want a campaign that awards one of the more madhouse North Carolina prototypes. Maybe the one with the quad turrets pointing back?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

A campaign premium for Svenner or Evertsen would be nice.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kokoro Wish posted:

Blueprint war vehicles are great. I would love another Maus/Object # type thinger, but a ship.

It's a KGV with guns and turrets that were never constructed and a name that doesn't match the series. It's more or less more or less been given the Gneisenau treatment, except where Germany needed because they built almost nothing, the RN could have used Vanguard.

It's worth pointing out that Monarch is a tree ship, not a premium.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 17, 2017

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

A T8 with literally the same guns as the Warspite and T10+ AA?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

A T8 with literally the same guns as the Warspite and T10+ AA?

It's not the same guns as Warspite, Warspite had the 15"/42 Mark I, this one is armed with the proposed but never constructed 15"/45 Mark II, and the listed AA will surely be an A hull.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Was there ever a blueprint/bar napkin ship dedicated to ramming? I want a boat that's fast as hell, has good armor and no guns whatsoever. Surely there must've been some drunk nazi engineer who came up with one?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

It's not the same guns as Warspite, Warspite had the 15"/42 Mark I, this one is armed with the proposed but never constructed 15"/45 Mark II, and the listed AA will surely be an A hull.

I meant the Vanguard.

bloom posted:

Was there ever a blueprint/bar napkin ship dedicated to ramming? I want a boat that's fast as hell, has good armor and no guns whatsoever. Surely there must've been some drunk nazi engineer who came up with one?

There were torpedo battleship proposals somewhere near WW1 which are basically similar except more reusable.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

bloom posted:

Torpedo Rams were a thing.

I would kill for a premium HMS Thunderchild.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

I meant the Vanguard.

Vanguard with the uprated gun would be better than a franken KGV because everything has to be in 3x3 turrets, even Vanguard with Warspite guns using the supercharges Warspite doesn't get

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

PoptartsNinja posted:

Torpedo Rams were a thing.

I would kill for a premium HMS Thunderchild.

That's rad as hell. They should at least do an april fools mode with these things.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

The Royal Navy built so few battleships over the years that WG has been forced to resort to a frankenship

What the gently caress is this abomination.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NTRabbit posted:

That's not a Frankenship. It's a real design intended as a reworking of the cancelled Lion class of 1939.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Battleship rams were also a thing. :downs:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Had a guy tell everyone to check his Twitch stream out at the beginning of a ranked match.

He was also the first one to get knocked out since he took a Cleveland into a point showing his broadsides. He then continued to show the match in his twitch channel.

:negative:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

Had a guy tell everyone to check his Twitch stream out at the beginning of a ranked match.

He was also the first one to get knocked out since he took a Cleveland into a point showing his broadsides. He then continued to show the match in his twitch channel.

:negative:

Someone on the other team said to check his twitch channel, and seconds later was teamkilled by a destroyer. He seemed upset.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Since I didn't see it mentioned, the missions/rewards are up for operation dynamo. And uhm. I expect there will be some platooning to grind out the collections. Two interesting rewards are available. One is a french 10 point captain (useful if you have a degrasse and also plan to climb the ladder beyond tier 6 for the french cruisers). The other is another steven seagal. This time, it is for the brits giving the same turret traverse as seagal. However, unlike seagal, this captain also gets a bonus to smoke screen expert (now a 30% boost) and jack of all trades (now a 10% reload bonus). Looks like a pretty solid tree brit cruiser captain.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/the-prestigious-memento-rises/

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

bloom posted:

The game doesn't delete the install files automatically.

Why would they do this

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

T10 game in my Tirpitz, lost out on the decent credit reward from getting a Heroic Achievement (Dreadnaught) because an idiotic "friendly" Benson hit me with torpedoes right as the game was wrapping up. Flooded out since I'd just burned my repair getting rid of a fire after I'd broken LoS and thought I was safe. Idiot claimed it was an accidental torpedo launch.

Pretty annoyed at the moment, because it had been a rather good game until then.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Aramoro posted:

What the gently caress is this abomination.

It's KGV with the 15" triples that were originally proposed before Britain pushed the 14" limit in the Second London Naval Treaty

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Pacra posted:

Why would they do this

Some combination of :xcom: and :dice: except it's WG and the whole thing catches on fire at the end?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I didn't even cap anything what the gently caress is this :negative:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

It's KGV with the 15" triples that were originally proposed before Britain pushed the 14" limit in the Second London Naval Treaty

I know technically what it is, but why make it the main tech tree battleship and why call it 'Monarch'. If there's one thing the RN didn't need it was paper Battleships in the middle of their tech tree. It's utterly baffling as the KGV did fine in actual combat against the Bismark but they cannot seem to make it fit because of the gun calibre mechanics which seems to indicate they should just fudge some stuff and not invent Battleships to replace one of the most iconic Battleships ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Aramoro posted:

I know technically what it is, but why make it the main tech tree battleship and why call it 'Monarch'. If there's one thing the RN didn't need it was paper Battleships in the middle of their tech tree. It's utterly baffling as the KGV did fine in actual combat against the Bismark but they cannot seem to make it fit because of the gun calibre mechanics which seems to indicate they should just fudge some stuff and not invent Battleships to replace one of the most iconic Battleships ever made.

:wargaming: