Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Got Cu Chulainn (FSN) on my tutorial roll :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finally, I can stop the 40AP chainrunning, I hit my half AP event goal. I can actually play the story now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why did you need to max out your levels

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

oh god no that's not maxed, not even close, only about 10%

I just really wanted to hit 100 before half AP ended, because otherwise doing things that weren't dailies just felt like a waste of AP. Now I'm satisfied at least and can jump on other stuff.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
>Gilgamesh
>Waver

May I suggest backing up your account?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

>Gilgamesh
>Waver

May I suggest backing up your account?

I know I'm well beyond complaining about luck considering that I haven't whaled and by any metric what I've got is astounding, but still, I'm still missing the one five star I really want. Might just have to burn cash for Altera once Nerofest rolls around because obviously my impatience with rolling the second I get any quartz hasn't gotten me her yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Haha, finally rolled Andersen, yessssss

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Grinded out the last two ygg seeds I needed to level d'Eon's third skill to 5!

Then I learned I need another 10, at this rate I'm going to turn into a squirrel with all the nuts I'm going to have to hoard.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I feel like I've hit a wall where the story is cleared and I don't know where to farm ascension mats for my dudes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Virtue posted:

I feel like I've hit a wall where the story is cleared and I don't know where to farm ascension mats for my dudes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA

Hit the 'NA tab', search for item you want, and then have at it.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Does blank mean coming in a future update?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yup. Some stuff just isn't the game yet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Nate RFB posted:

Now the few times I've managed to get Lancelot to round 3, Knight of Honor has been able to nuke all three gold hands at once, and that's always fun.

I think you mean Knight of Owner.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

New Leaf posted:

I think you mean Knight of Owner.
NO.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh, so he does well with a quick team? Honestly, I haven't been using the green cards as much, I don't really get how they work, beyond "drop stars, pray that your strong servants get them".

To elaborate on what the other guy said, stars are distributed using a weighed table according to something I call star weight. (I think NA FGO calls it star attraction?) Star weight mostly depends on the class, with Riders having the highest star weight (around 200), followed by Archers (150ish), Sabers & Assassins (100), Lancers (90), Casters (50) and finally Berserkers (10). Ruler and, Shielder are neutral at 100ish.
These numbers have a plus minus 5 or so variance.

Anyways, you take this base star weight of each servant, multiply in any star attraction buffs like Gail's Collector or the Bazett CE, randomly choose 3 cards to add 50 20 and 20, add everything up and divide the pie proportionally.
Then you take the pie, put it against the wall and throw darts, each star is one dart. Wherever it falls will get that star.

tl;dr: Archers and Riders will eat all your stars and your Berserkers will starve unless they have skills for it and sometimes the RNG will screw you and give the wrong servant extra priority.

E: this is why eternal arms mastery has a crazy high multiplier. It has to do 10 times the work to compensate for the terrible base value.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 18, 2017

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hey, I finally got something I actually wanted for once. And my first non-lily Arturia!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Hey if you want me on your friends list clear up a slot, I'll hold onto your invite.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Hey if you want me on your friends list clear up a slot, I'll hold onto your invite.
Yeah sorry about that, I cleared out a couple that hadn't logged in in like a week and then just blindly accepted the next request that came through but it was some other person. It's been 50/50 for a while but I'm pretty sure I've leveled up a bunch since then; wasn't the limit supposed to be 80?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah sorry about that, I cleared out a couple that hadn't logged in in like a week and then just blindly accepted the next request that came through but it was some other person. It's been 50/50 for a while but I'm pretty sure I've leveled up a bunch since then; wasn't the limit supposed to be 80?

Technically the limit on the US version is 70, but it soft ceilings at 50 for a long time. http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Level

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
How does Pallingenesis work? If I grail Herc and use up my grail where do I farm more?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

EzEight posted:

How does Pallingenesis work? If I grail Herc and use up my grail where do I farm more?

You can't farm more. You get grails from story chapters and some events, and when you use one, it's gone. That's why you should always prioritize grailing your waifu/husbando

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
You can only obtain grails from clearing singularities and events.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

EzEight posted:

Also you need to get your Servant up to their natural level cap first. In Herc's case that'll be 80.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also every grail past 90 only gives 2 levels each instead of 5 so its only worth grailing past that point if its your waifu

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Be the one to grail Kojirou to 100
Shine on, lone swordsman

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is it ever a good idea to kill weak enemies first? Seems pretty strange for a combat system.
Also does the guaranteed 4star card help in pick ups or is that something entirely different?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

genericnick posted:

Is it ever a good idea to kill weak enemies first? Seems pretty strange for a combat system.
Also does the guaranteed 4star card help in pick ups or is that something entirely different?

AFAIK it just checks the ten rolls you make and if none of them hit 4* status is just converts a card to a 4* CE. So no, the chance to roll a rateup Servant is pretty much the same.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Endorph posted:

also every grail past 90 only gives 2 levels each instead of 5 so its only worth grailing past that point if its your waifu
Except Avengers and berserker, they get more bang of the buck out of those 1k atk.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If any of you want to reroll (or start playing), now is your :siren: LAST BEST CHANCE :siren: to do so.

According to the latest news post, Aniplex messed up the dates listed for the free 4* Servant event on their Facebook page. They're going to hand out tickets again starting the 20th for those that never received one as an apology.

This means you can roll up an account with Gilgamesh and/or Waver (or whatever 5* waifu strikes your fancy) and still get that sweet free 4* Heracles/Emiya/Waifu. Gil is going away on the 20th so you need to start now if you want him.

Pureauthor posted:

AFAIK it just checks the ten rolls you make and if none of them hit 4* status is just converts a card to a 4* CE. So no, the chance to roll a rateup Servant is pretty much the same.

The consolation prize can be a 4* Servant too, it's just 4 times more likely to be a CE due to the relative rates (3% chance for a Servant, 12% chance for a CE).

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

genericnick posted:

I tried to think of situations and teams where it might be a good idea and I came up with some, but it's so dependent on what Servants you are fielding that it's too much effort to describe the situations where it's a good idea to kill the weak enemies first.

So the tl;dr version is this: Most of the time it isn't, but sometimes it is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So will the Gil rateup end at 8PM EST on the 20th? That's when the dailies reset, at least. I'm going to do one last roll and figure I should at least wait until I have the last summoning ticket to do so.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

So will the Gil rateup end at 8PM EST on the 20th? That's when the dailies reset, at least. I'm going to do one last roll and figure I should at least wait until I have the last summoning ticket to do so.

As the banner says it will end at 4am UTC on the 20th. I'm no big-city lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that makes the EST midnight on the evening of the 19th.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

genericnick posted:

Is it ever a good idea to kill weak enemies first?
Varies, but here are a few key scenarios:

- When you fight boss, if the weaker mod doesn't do good buff on the boss, leave them alive so the boss can only take one turn.

- if there's multiple boss, keep the non-offensive no boss alive so it can waste turn when it cast np.

- if the boss deal crap ton of damage or full team damage, you might want to take it fown first.

- full team attack sub-boss like big dragon will usually deal more total damage than the boss, so spend your np at it.

- when it's one of those reinforcrment battle that have more than three enemies, the boss is usually last to come up, so you might want to weaken the last three mob and kill them all at once. killing all mob at once will skip the enemy turn even when reinforcements replaces them.

- when the weak mob trigger a buff to the boss on death, keep their hp low, but don't kill them if possible. Buff on bosses hurts.

- when the boss trigger a buff on the mob. Specifically, one of nero challenge require her to die last or she cast infinity gut on the mob and make it unwinnable.

That's all i can think of for now

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Alright welp that's 12 tickets in story summon and not getting SAlter or any 4* or higher. My lack of patience is disappointing.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

cyxx posted:

Alright welp that's 12 tickets in story summon and not getting SAlter or any 4* or higher. My lack of patience is disappointing.

I wasted all the free summons (except the last 3) and got nothing but bad 3* CEs. It's ok, the game hates people and loves tears.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got a friend request from someone with at level 96 Jeanne :stare:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've been looking at more vids of F/GO, and I've been wondering something. Some of the boss fights have long intros of the boss talking before you get to act. How are those going to be translated? I imagine they won't, but I'm a little disappointed if so, I like those flavour dialogues.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Marogareh posted:

Got a friend request from someone with at level 96 Jeanne :stare:

You can hold out for higher.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Jeff Goldblum posted:

You can hold out for higher.

That's mean, he should accept. Casuals who can't ascend anyone better than Jeanne need friends too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've been friending everybody whose name sounds like something I would encounter in everyday life, to live out my RP of "just some dude caught up in a crazy situation". My buds Charlie, George, Frankie, and Vince basically all suck, they only have like 1 or two Servants over level 40 each, but by God we're gonna Seinfeld our way to victory.