Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Neverending infrastructure week keeps on rollin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ICYMI as I did, Mitch is offering "full repeal" as the first in order amendment for BRCA, so his colleagues now have to trust that he's telling the truth and that the amendment will pass.

here are the steps:

1. vote of MTP to debate on BRCA (this is the thing Moran and Lee just said they're against)
2. if that passes, vote on the repeal and delay amendment
3. OTHER AMENDMENTS FUN TIME WHETHER 2 PASSES OR NOT WHERE ALL GERMANE AMENDMENTS ARE IN ORDER BECAUSE IT IS A BUDGET BILL
4. vote on final passage lololololol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Joementum posted:

twitter thinks the likelihood of passing the repeal bill is less than what I think, but my predictions have been 100% correct, so this is an interesting situation 🤔

Why did you take the amnesty? New accounts are a blessing.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Agrajag posted:

hes also the guy who said no collusion and russia/putin dindu

nice job using a word exclusively used by racists while slamming the rad af joe

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

old.flv posted:

is obamacare actually imploding or is that just a straight right talking point based on nothing?

There are a few states and a few counties in particular that are in bad shape. Overall it's stable.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
i love made in america week

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Relevant Tangent posted:

Why did you take the amnesty? New accounts are a blessing.

amnesty from what?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Regular Nintendo posted:

gf and i (both white) frequently reference the "white people havin' fun" song when we see examples of extreme whiteness

It was a show ahead of it's time rip

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

old.flv posted:

is obamacare actually imploding or is that just a straight right talking point based on nothing?

It's fine in blue states. In red states where they refused to expand Medicare there are issues. So basically they're intentionally sabotaging it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

ICYMI as I did, Mitch is offering "full repeal" as the first in order amendment for BRCA, so his colleagues now have to trust that he's telling the truth and that the amendment will pass.

here are the steps:

1. vote of MTP to debate on BRCA (this is the thing Moran and Lee just said they're against)
3. OTHER AMENDMENTS FUN TIME WHETHER 2 PASSES OR NOT WHERE ALL GERMANE AMENDMENTS ARE IN ORDER BECAUSE IT IS A BUDGET BILL

I love this absurd timeline

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I heartily look forward to McConnell's 40000 amendment death march votarama

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

here are the steps:

I love that the republicans are so stupid Mitch has to literally trick them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

brugroffil posted:

There are a few states and a few counties in particular that are in bad shape. Overall it's stable.

the places it's unstable are generally due to republicans loving with things as well

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

so his colleagues now have to trust that he's telling the truth and that the amendment will pass.

it sure is nice for mitch that he managed to build up so much good will this year

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Joementum posted:

here are the steps:

so even that isnt going to happen. the GOP has hosed it self hard. it finaly caught that car and now its getting crushed under its tires.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I love that the republicans are so stupid Mitch has to literally trick them

mitch is the last of the old guard con-men who doesn't have holes in his brain

after he's gone it's all true-believers and senility

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Congrats to Paul ryan for successfully unloading all the heat for the Obamacare repeal on to mcconnell. Mitch is dead.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Zas posted:

is the base aware their representatives apparently dont actually want to repeal obamacare? do any of them even care?

They don't care. Their base doesn't believe in anything, and align with actual nazis and ask poo poo like "were they really even that bad?.

Nothing Matters is literally true for the reptilian GOP brain, excepting only the notions of social justice and socialized medicine

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Reality Winner posted:

Congrats to Paul ryan for successfully unloading all the heat for the Obamacare repeal on to mcconnell. Mitch is dead.
really killed all those "Ryan is a moron Mitch is a genius" narratives

I mean Ryan is still a moron but man does Mitch look bad right now

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Joementum posted:

here are the steps:

Isn't (1) the MTP on the House's bill, the AHCA? (Not that that helps, but it means senators will need to come out against it explicitly again.)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Joementum posted:

here are the steps:

if they couldn't pass the bcra, it seems extremely unlikely they can move the ahca to a full vote

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Reality Winner posted:

yeah mitch is hosed. he made a ton of promices and sacraficed most good will towards him to get enough power to get here. now he has failed multiple times while trying to juggle the daily changing whims of the pissbrain president. they will oust him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
love this timeline

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/887144137459421185

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

brugroffil posted:

Paul inches one step closer to unwillingly being made president

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Yinlock posted:

mitch mcconnell: alright listen, i know that LOOKS bad, but what if the sign was lying and there are in fact no mines

lindsay graham:i just watched john mccain walk past the sign and immediately die

mitch mcconnell: i don't recall who that is, anyway forward march hup hup

Rand Paul: I think, honestly, there should be more mines

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

No Friend of Gravity posted:

Isn't (1) the MTP on the House's bill, the AHCA? (Not that that helps, but it means senators will need to come out against it explicitly again.)

yes, correct

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

brugroffil posted:

not sure how much mitch, ryan, etc. is really at blame here tbh.

What is the problem is the fact that the republican party donor class is at massive cross purposes with its voters.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

brugroffil posted:

he's only one man, he can't hold all these puppet strings when the puppets are busy smelling their own farts

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/pollyfisk/status/887154206544678913

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i am just going to ride out this high i've gotten from america losing its collective mind

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also the amendment being discussed keeps all obamacare regulations, it just strips all funding

it would be the most hilarious disaster

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

brugroffil posted:

ryan is dumb fuckhead who thinks ayn rand will save him and he will make american galts gultch and Rapture. mitch just wants to play littlefinger win more power. he hosed now.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

old.flv posted:

The Right is actively trying to make it fail so they can blame it on the black guy.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

BiohazrD posted:

It's fine in blue states. In red states where they refused to expand Medicare there are issues. So basically they're intentionally sabotaging it

ah

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

also the amendment being discussed keeps all obamacare regulations, it just strips all funding

so its not even a repeal, its just gutting faster so it colapses and takes everything with it?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mitch was a very effective opposition leader, turns out he's not very good at wrangling his caucus to actually do things

:thunk: i swore we've been talking about this for awhile

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

not sure how much mitch, ryan, etc. is really at blame here tbh.

What is the problem is the fact that the republican party donor class is at massive cross purposes with its voters.

hm it's almost like citizens united would lead to problems down the road lol nope gotta snort somma dat oligarch booty powder

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

twitter thinks the likelihood of passing the repeal bill is less than what I think, but my predictions have been 100% correct, so this is an interesting situation 🤔

:thunk:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

lol he's probably not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Schnorkles posted:

Wanna see the cbo score for this

• Locked thread