Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Squallege posted:

Xenoverse 3 will be about Trunks going rogue and teaming up with the GT and Super Trunks. 3 Trunkses for the third Xenoverse

Adding that much Trunks to one team can only cause disaster. Not only is 2/3 of that team incompetent, the last third has supremely terrible luck and is apparently hated by deities both in and out of universe.

That plot will resolve itself before it even begins, likely leaving a gigantic count of dead people who can't be revived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Adding that much Trunks to one team can only cause disaster.

Now I wanna see an all-Trunks team in Parallels, going through the premade sagas.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Speaking of Trunks, man his adult voice sounds so much more...gravelly? Raspy? Than the original Funi dub. It does fit considering he's Vegeta's son and all but man, hearing him in XV2 was weird. Then I realize that the Funi dub was 20 goddamn years ago and it's no wonder he sounds different.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it's anything like xenoverse 1, the trunks va is recording his lines in a tin can. his audio quality was awful in that game

it also had no voice direction at all

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Manatee Cannon posted:

if it's anything like xenoverse 1, the trunks va is recording his lines in a tin can. his audio quality was awful in that game

it also had no voice direction at all

guys

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HEY

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

extra row of teeth posted:

Speaking of Trunks, man his adult voice sounds so much more...gravelly? Raspy? Than the original Funi dub. It does fit considering he's Vegeta's son and all but man, hearing him in XV2 was weird. Then I realize that the Funi dub was 20 goddamn years ago and it's no wonder he sounds different.

He started sounding like this as early as Budokai 2, from what I remember. It's really weird and I have never quite gotten used to it, even though he's always been my favorite character.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Can't believe they kept that in the game

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Momomo posted:

I could see them doing another Fusions that includes every single character in this tournament, since it's surely easier to make unique guys in that style.

This is what I'm hoping to see, since we did get a little taste of Super content in the first Fusions and they'd be able to make basically everyone from this tournament playable in that kind of game. Plus you know we'd get a Botamagetta as a fusion, and Brokaley. Probably a better Piccolo/Gohan fusion and a better version of Android 1718 too. Probably something like Goku/Jiren and Vegeta/Hit too just for maximum new-character-hype fusions. Hell, adding all the GoDs, Kais, and Angels alone would be a ton of fun and you know they wouldn't be able to resist letting you fuse Arale and Zeno or something crazy as the new top tier thing.

Fusions has a ton of fun potential in sequels, I'd look forward to a Fusions 2 with content from this arc more than I would any Xenoverse stuff

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Fargin Icehole posted:

Can't believe they kept that in the game

Even after X2 Zamasu?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

This is what I'm hoping to see, since we did get a little taste of Super content in the first Fusions and they'd be able to make basically everyone from this tournament playable in that kind of game. Plus you know we'd get a Botamagetta as a fusion, and Brokaley. Probably a better Piccolo/Gohan fusion and a better version of Android 1718 too. Probably something like Goku/Jiren and Vegeta/Hit too just for maximum new-character-hype fusions. Hell, adding all the GoDs, Kais, and Angels alone would be a ton of fun and you know they wouldn't be able to resist letting you fuse Arale and Zeno or something crazy as the new top tier thing.

Fusions has a ton of fun potential in sequels, I'd look forward to a Fusions 2 with content from this arc more than I would any Xenoverse stuff

I want a Magetta/Android 16 fusion.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Those lines work perfectly for Trunks though. As cool as he tries to be, Trunks, especially Future Trunks, is a massive dork.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can't wait for Fusions 2 to add the most powerful fusion of them all.

Monaka/Mr Satan

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

the tournament nears its end. goku and jiren have their final bout. it's down to the wire. they're practically the only ones left; most the universes are down, stragglers are barely holding on, they're the main event now. both of them give it their all, pulling out new forms, attacks, and powers. they're almost even, and they manage to get each other to the point they're both running on fumes. they prepare for one final charge to end it.

suddenly frieza flies in, spin kicks them both off the edge, and takes down the rest of the universes with ease thanks to being a team killing rear end in a top hat and saving his strength. universe 7 has won and gets the wish, and as the only member left standing frieza claims it by default. what will he wish for, everyone wonders? universal domination? ultimate power? true immortality? zen-o's abilities? all of the above through some rules lawyering bullshit?

frieza summons super shenron, and leaps into the air, declaring his wish. "the multiverse's hottest babe's panties!" he shrieks, landing in his true form. oolong has masqueraded as frieza this whole time, finally proven himself to be the greatest pig and shape-shifter ever, and has earned his prize. the true dragon ball super begins here.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This got me thinking. We have girl Super Saiyans, one of the games has female Buus. When are we getting female Frieza?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

lezard_valeth posted:

This got me thinking. We have girl Super Saiyans, one of the games has female Buus. When are we getting female Frieza?

Freezas and Namekians don't have genders. Female Buus have existed since the days of Dragonball Online, and Female Saiyans have always been a thing (though Caulifla and Kale are the first canon Super Saiyans).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Freezas and Namekians don't have genders. Female Buus have existed since the days of Dragonball Online, and Female Saiyans have always been a thing (though Caulifla and Kale are the first canon Super Saiyans).

Namekians I'll give you, but we've only seen 3 canon members of Freeza's race. Lady Freezas might be possible.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pyroi posted:

Monaka/Mr Satan

And the results will be another Zeno.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I feel like a lady Frieza wouldn't really look all that different from a male one.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44JMBe6NTk

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

All the side content like Heroes/Xenoverse don't have any female friezas.

Also who is the third canon Frost Demon? Cooler and Chilled aren't canon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

Cooler is actually canon, his movie just isn't. Apparently.

I think Toriyama is on record that he's somewhere in the universe.

I could be wrong though

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kild posted:

Frieza, King Cold, and Frost.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Frieza, King Cold, and Frost.

Doh how could I forget about Frost.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So is there an alternate version of Cold in U6? What would he be called? Ice? Snow?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Pyroi posted:

Monaka/Mr Satan

The result would be a gag character with strength to rival Arale. Or that prune guy, idk Dr. Slump.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kurui Reiten posted:

the tournament nears its end. goku and jiren have their final bout. it's down to the wire. they're practically the only ones left; most the universes are down, stragglers are barely holding on, they're the main event now. both of them give it their all, pulling out new forms, attacks, and powers. they're almost even, and they manage to get each other to the point they're both running on fumes. they prepare for one final charge to end it.

suddenly frieza flies in, spin kicks them both off the edge, and takes down the rest of the universes with ease thanks to being a team killing rear end in a top hat and saving his strength. universe 7 has won and gets the wish, and as the only member left standing frieza claims it by default. what will he wish for, everyone wonders? universal domination? ultimate power? true immortality? zen-o's abilities? all of the above through some rules lawyering bullshit?

frieza summons super shenron, and leaps into the air, declaring his wish. "the multiverse's hottest babe's panties!" he shrieks, landing in his true form. oolong has masqueraded as frieza this whole time, finally proven himself to be the greatest pig and shape-shifter ever, and has earned his prize. the true dragon ball super begins here.
i would ok with this

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I will crush you all as 'guy who failed to Bowserplex Goku out of the tournament'.

I'm still sad that it is not officially called the Kooplex

also, Dragonball Online came with an entire backstory for why female Buus (or more than one Buu period) exist, there's no reason one of the new games can't just pull "oh yeah there's totally female Freezas" out of its rear end

Even Namekians is kind of weird territory. Like, yeah, they don't have genders and reproduce asexually... which for some reason translates to They Are All Definitely Dudes. I can make a Super Saiyan that knows all the techniques from all the best fighters and can take Goku in a fight, but I can't make a Namekian that sounds like a lady in Xenoverse. What the hell

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Speaking of alien races, why isn't the Yadrat guy XMenFirstClassAzazeling the poo poo out of everyone? Is instant transmission disabled too?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

lezard_valeth posted:

Speaking of alien races, why isn't the Yadrat guy XMenFirstClassAzazeling the poo poo out of everyone? Is instant transmission disabled too?

probably waiting for all the guys with universe destroying power to tire themselves out before getting anywhere close to them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I will main Bota Magetta in Dragon Ball FighterZ and own all of you lamers. Bota Magetta cannot be beaten

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Even Namekians is kind of weird territory. Like, yeah, they don't have genders and reproduce asexually... which for some reason translates to They Are All Definitely Dudes. I can make a Super Saiyan that knows all the techniques from all the best fighters and can take Goku in a fight, but I can't make a Namekian that sounds like a lady in Xenoverse. What the hell

Fusions had Nakekians that interacted with Earthlings and took on a more feminine appearance cause they liked it. I liked that they bothered giving them some amount of identity.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont know about you guys but personally I can live without there needing to be slug people with tits.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like at this point, either the super dragon balls will be used for one of two things: reviving all the erased universes, or someone (Freeza) using it to become more powerful than Zen-chan.

I want the show to go pure JRPG and have the fighters start killing Gods. It seems only natural.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A Freezer who identifies as female will show up after the tournament and be voiced by Linda Young.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TrilliontonNixon posted:

So is there an alternate version of Cold in U6? What would he be called? Ice? Snow?

President Cold.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Dragonball Super AU where Freeza attended Yale:

"Please, Mr. Cold is my father. You can just call me 'sir'."

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It should be noted that the Freeza Race is not asexual, we know Freeza had a mother (which we have never seen) and Jaco points out that the playable Freeza could be either male or female, he's just unable to distinguish between both.

The implication seems to be that the race is indeed divided in male and female, they just have very few if any differences. Considering Freeza already looks rather ambiguous in his true form, that might just be how the race looks - mostly androgynous, and any Freeza Race in XV could be female and we just don't know it because our Earthling eyes can't see the difference.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Part of why freeza is the last of his race is because they can't figure out which ones are the women either!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

reignofevil posted:

Part of why freeza is the last of his race is because they can't figure out which ones are the women either!!!

"You have no butt! No vagina! No holes below the waist at all! Where do I stick it?...And what do I stick in it when I find it!?"

• Locked thread