Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought that Yharnam was a pretty underwhelming boss fight, but then I did somehow chain-visceral half of her health off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought that Yharnam was a pretty underwhelming boss fight, but then I did somehow chain-visceral half of her health off.

Yeah I mean compared to Hot Dog and Wormhead it's not too tricky at all.

I like it in concept though, would have fit in nice in the main game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yharnam is a really cool boss fight but it is also really easy, especially if you've managed to get to her.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
SuperHot (not VR)

Worth it? I know it was clever and highly lauded when it first came out. Did it hold up? Is it rad? Should I get it?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It's rad get it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I mean compared to Hot Dog and Wormhead it's not too tricky at all.

I like it in concept though, would have fit in nice in the main game.

True, it's not a bad fight or anything, but as probably the very last one you'll fight, after the gauntlet you just did it's sort of just a victory lap.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Liver Disaster posted:

It's rad get it.

Yup, it's rad and owns. Pretty much the only reason not to get it is that Superhot VR is even radder and owns even more. But even then you should still play it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

It's rad get it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Superhot is the most innov...

Nah, I'm tot going to pull that poo poo. It's legitimately a cool and fun game though and well worth playing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's no way Wolfenstein won't go on sale before the new one comes out right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RatHat posted:

Oh for sure

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Norns posted:

It actually rules for realistic games.
I've seen racing wheel accessories in stores for decades and never had any clue how much like a real steering wheel they would feel as far as the subtleties of the feedback etc.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RatHat posted:

Wolfenstein seems to go on sale every time the PSN has any kind of PS4-oriented event sale. So I'm sure in a month or two they'll have like GamesCom Sale or something and shove it up there.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

Definitely. It's at $20 right now, but it's been as low as $6 a few months ago.

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/10447/wolfenstein-the-new-order

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've seen racing wheel accessories in stores for decades and never had any clue how much like a real steering wheel they would feel as far as the subtleties of the feedback etc.

It varies widely. Things have got really awesome with sim racing in the past 5 years or so.

You're looking at 300ish dollars for a decent starter in most cases though.

I've uhhh spent significantly more than that...:suicide:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I bought the official Microsoft Wheel for Forza 2 and all it did was make the game harder so I returned it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

The actual fight isn't particularly epic, but it's a thematically cool way to end all of the work you've done to get there. I kind of liked how easy it was. didn't want to deal with another defiled amygdala or some poo poo at that point.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

SuperHot (not VR)

Worth it? I know it was clever and highly lauded when it first came out. Did it hold up? Is it rad? Should I get it?

It looks fun but that is a wait and get it on sale game if I have ever seen one

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

I bought the official Microsoft Wheel for Forza 2 and all it did was make the game harder so I returned it

Well the official MS wheel was kinda crap so that makes sense

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

The actual fight isn't particularly epic, but it's a thematically cool way to end all of the work you've done to get there. I kind of liked how easy it was. didn't want to deal with another defiled amygdala or some poo poo at that point.

I like that you receive a bloody, crystallized foetus as your final prize.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Buccaneer posted:

It looks fun but that is a wait and get it on sale game if I have ever seen one

At the same time, as somebody who owns it for the Rift, assuming the tracking works like it's supposed to, it's worth every penny and the endless mode and challenges will keep you playing for a good long while. Main story's kinda short, but, again, endless challenge modes for you to slo-mo John Wick dudes in the faces, so it evens out.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm waiting for the price to come down on vr too

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I kind of liked how easy it was. didn't want to deal with another defiled amygdala or some poo poo at that point.
That seemed to be the explicit philosophy of the pacing on the base game, the last two or three are pushovers one you tackle something like Ebrietas in the base or Orphan I'm the DLC.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand why I can't play Spotify over every game. I want to listen to my good music not your half assed soundtrack. There has to be a fix for this

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I sold my VR. I'm talking regular old poor-man's 2D SuperHot...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I don't understand why I can't play Spotify over every game. I want to listen to my good music not your half assed soundtrack. There has to be a fix for this

turn off the music ingame and play your choice of music player from your computer/phone/whatever

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Like...turn your fuckin radio on...?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Maybe they play with headphones? I do most of the time.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I really miss the custom soundtrack option of last gen. EA Sports was awesome for this by letting you customize it up to the specific scenario and then even by team if you wanted. Games like Burnout let you add whatever and then adjusted the audio mix to the race and crashes.

We'll never have that again on console, not with how much there is to make in streaming services.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Video games are great, thanks everyone!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah they're alright.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Video games are great, the people who play them are another story.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Schremp Howard posted:

I really miss the custom soundtrack option of last gen. EA Sports was awesome for this by letting you customize it up to the specific scenario and then even by team if you wanted. Games like Burnout let you add whatever and then adjusted the audio mix to the race and crashes.

We'll never have that again on console, not with how much there is to make in streaming services.
Even just the in game music turning off while you played something through the system music player on the 360 was great :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya but I don't like the game you like because reasons

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya but I don't like the game you like because reasons

I'll poop the game in your butthole and then you will poop it back into my butt and we will keep doing it back and forth with the same game. Forever.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

🤔

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'll poop the game in your butthole and then you will poop it back into my butt and we will keep doing it back and forth with the same game. Forever.

Okay, but are your butt cracks parallel or perpendicular?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Deep cut

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

))<>((

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Finished Persona 5 last night. 86ish hours altogether and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Great game and even though it is anime as gently caress it doesn't take itself too seriously so it isn't grating.