Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
also Chiwetel Ejiofor for james bond imo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Plutonis posted:

i do not acknowledge anything by Seth Rogen

Kevin Hart also kinda did that.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

holy lol he looks like John Oliver's dad

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Just an ordinary guy looking at cattle; seems pretty relatable to me.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
is he deciding which one he's gonna gently caress? or eat? eat then gently caress? gently caress then eat?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GrahamStarr/status/885343770031554560

i like the comments by short guys

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They do the same thing with known manlet Tom Cruise

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i was expecting him to be younger

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

womanchildren, surprisingly. I'm surprised that isn't the major point of contention, that the new The Doctor isn't a hosed up looking British dude for nerdy women to be inexplicably attracted to

What are your thoughts on telomeres

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zeris posted:

What are your thoughts on telomeres

I don't know about any of the Doctor Who aliens aside from the Daleks

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

she's white

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the pepes are now attempting to create something they describe as 'art'

it's a racist tauroctony

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ScrubLeague posted:

she's white

yes but the doctor who has always been an autistic white man so reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Plutonis posted:

Sam Jackson

This is the best answer. Watching a 70 year old man doing James Bond stunts and being a coy English spy would be incredible.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

yes but the doctor who has always been an autistic white man so reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Naw naw he's asexual.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/bilalfarooqui/status/887025375754166272

WHY DID YOU BRING ME INTO THIS HELL

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The AI that decides to wipe out all of humanity will do it because it's the most merciful decision.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

MizPiz posted:

The AI that decides to wipe out all of humanity will do it because it's the most merciful decision.

AM will have the ability to reach back in time and kill us, but does not in order to increase our suffering.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

lmao if zuck is actually 5'7 i'm not worried about him being president

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Business Gorillas posted:

lmao if zuck is actually 5'7 i'm not worried about him being president

Gives a solid answer for "can we have a president who's more embarrassing than Trump?"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Does make me wonder if the 2020 Democrat primary is going to look like the 2016 Republican primary.

Any Hilary catspaw is hopefully going to be a Jeb!, though that leaves Zuckerberg in the Trump role.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

CHEESOID HATES SELF
WHY CHEESOID EXIST

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7HmltUWXgs&t=53s

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Peanut President posted:

This is the best answer. Watching a 70 year old man doing James Bond stunts and being a coy English spy would be incredible.

A View to a Kill already exists

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

he's got the height of marco, the coolness of jeb, and the gaze of rick scott, i think florida is gonna love him

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RandyRenstrom/s...%3D1361%23pti27

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The firetruck curse saves us again

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He's even sitting exactly the same way.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Inescapable Duck posted:

He's even sitting exactly the same way.

Of course he is, that's the "Senile Old gently caress Who Should Be in a Home" driving posture. They all have it.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/886547793862508544

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I believe that they stand for supporting the way things are so I guess I wouldn't have said that they stand for nothing if I had been asked.

edit: more in general, every time I read the questions in opinion polls like this I think "I dunno how I would answer since the world isn't made of binary choices like this".

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
they stand for plenty of things, just most of it socially progressive rather than economically

and most people already take the former for granted

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I believe that they stand for supporting the way things are so I guess I wouldn't have said that they stand for nothing if I had been asked.

edit: more in general, every time I read the questions in opinion polls like this I think "I dunno how I would answer since the world isn't made of binary choices like this".

Supporting things as they are means the Democrats will get pulled along in any direction so long as it's perceived to be the "sensible" position. After 8 years of a Democratic presidency and a short lived legislative majority, the PATRIOT Act is still on the books. In practical terms they're little more than a less offensive version of Republicans, and without any kind of qualitative ideological distinction I think it's fair to say that they don't stand for anything. If the Trump healthcare plan was passed, and Hillary was somehow elected in 2020 then Democrats would settle for trying to "improve" that plan and wouldn't even want to bring back Obamacare.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

KiteAuraan posted:

Of course he is, that's the "Senile Old gently caress Who Should Be in a Home" driving posture. They all have it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Supporting things as they are means the Democrats will get pulled along in any direction so long as it's perceived to be the "sensible" position. After 8 years of a Democratic presidency and a short lived legislative majority, the PATRIOT Act is still on the books. In practical terms they're little more than a less offensive version of Republicans, and without any kind of qualitative ideological distinction I think it's fair to say that they don't stand for anything. If the Trump healthcare plan was passed, and Hillary was somehow elected in 2020 then Democrats would settle for trying to "improve" that plan and wouldn't even want to bring back Obamacare.
I guess that makes sense. I have sometimes wondered though, if I was ever polled, how much of a conversation would they have time for about how to interpret their really simplistic poll questions?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess that makes sense. I have sometimes wondered though, if I was ever polled, how much of a conversation would they have time for about how to interpret their really simplistic poll questions?

Yeah, poll questions are dumb and often misleading. But if a majority of peoples' immediate reaction is to think that Democrats are little more than a contrarian opposition that's significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

they stand for plenty of things, just most of it socially progressive rather than economically

and most people already take the former for granted

ur not really socially progressive if u arent economically progressive