Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SUNKOS posted:

I never played the Rise of Iron expansion but I remember reading about the introduction of artifacts and thinking that they were a cool idea. Are these going to be present in Destiny 2 or have they been scrapped?

There's still a slot in that place in the images we've seen of the character screen, FWIW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I heard or read somewhere that the artifact slot is now some kind of a clan tag thing. Could be wrong though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

qbert posted:

Hey look the entire Sentinel perk tree.

http://imgur.com/a/j5pQQ

Top tree has melee overshield, Ward of Dawn. Bottom tree has Shoulder Charge, cooldown buffs on kills.

The healing on melee kill is my poo poo. Running transfusion helped me win a bunch of 2v1s I had no business winning.

I think shaders for guns and energy perks will probably be like chroma. Use it and it's gone otherwise theres going to be no point in chasin that carrot if you can just pop em in and out.

I wonder if theres going to be some kind of advantage to running say an arc class and having an arc weapon like kills increase cool downs or do bonus damage against pve enemies.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

"sweats.png"

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BlindSite posted:

I wonder if theres going to be some kind of advantage to running say an arc class and having an arc weapon like kills increase cool downs or do bonus damage against pve enemies.

This sounds like the perfect thing to include in dlc down the line.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/630308/Destiny-2-Bungie-Crucible-Beta-Multiplayer-changes-Lars-Bakken

Pretty sparse on much other than there was a whole lot in destiny pvp that the community found fun but the designers didnt like.

I'm hoping this is a lot of the trash. I like that he mentioned that his goals didnt mesh with the original destiny goals of everyone in the crucible should have fun and deserves a hug.

Might be referring to loot drops and super easy to use clutch class poo poo like shotgun/stormcaller but I hope he means poo poo like mayhem and match making algorithms.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm not gonna play the beta because I don't preorder games, do I look like a bank lmao?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm not gonna play the beta because I don't preorder games, do I look like a bank lmao?

no u look like a buff gay dude

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The beta is open to everyone in a few days.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

qbert posted:

The beta is open to everyone in a few days.

It'll be dead and gay by then

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

It'll be dead and gay by then

Oh in that case sign me up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol at being on the welfare beta.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Lol at being on the welfare beta.

I was gonna welfare it but my girl is staying with me for the weekend so to decide on wether I actually want the game I have to go ahead and buy the game lmao

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
IGN dropped a teaser of the Nessus reveal for some dumb reason. Definitely doesn't look like Venus with the green and red channels flipped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVml06JkWe0

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

sadnessboner posted:

IGN dropped a teaser of the Nessus reveal for some dumb reason. Definitely doesn't look like Venus with the green and red channels flipped

LOOK GUYS WE ARE NOT PUTTING A PATROL IN THE BETA BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS, oh look at a video of a Patrol in the Beta lmao.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

limaCAT posted:

LOOK GUYS WE ARE NOT PUTTING A PATROL IN THE BETA BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS, oh look at a video of a Patrol in the Beta lmao.

there isn't patrol in the beta though

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

No patrol but the new open-world discovery ish like that symbol on the cliff side in the video may be able to be found in the strike, tho the further areas are guaranteed turned off or likely not even in the thing.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
None of that Nessus stuff is in the beta though (except whatever's part of the included strike). It's just a random preview video.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TaurusOxford posted:

Are they fixing Trials so that normal people can play it or do you still need to 360-no-scope with a XIM3 to have a prayer of getting the good loot?

Just play it the first couple of weeks, get your whatever house and never touch it again unless you're a sweat lord.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I will be playing Destiny on the Personal Computer probably but would like the demo to be accessible on my PS4 if I download it. If I use the free preorder code to activate the demo for my PS4, will I be locked out of playing the PC demo at all? Can you even do what I'm describing and get a ps4 demo key with a PC preoder?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gay Horney posted:

I will be playing Destiny on the Personal Computer probably but would like the demo to be accessible on my PS4 if I download it. If I use the free preorder code to activate the demo for my PS4, will I be locked out of playing the PC demo at all? Can you even do what I'm describing and get a ps4 demo key with a PC preoder?

The code is for early beta access, so assume the beta will open later to non buyers on the PC as well.

edit: when you enter your code on bungie's beta site, you specify which platform you want early access on

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Do we have a countdown or something when servers open?

*edit* Forget it. I have created one.

http://bit.ly/2u5c0qo

Based on this:

quote:

Destiny 2 developer Bungie is about to launch the beta on PS4 and Xbox One.

Start times and dates all depend on which platform you own and whether or not you pre-ordered the game.

PS4 owners get first dibs on the Destiny 2 beta, which starts at 6pm UK time on July 18, but only for pre-order customers. US fans can check out the Destiny 2 beta on July 18 at 10am PST.

The beta timeline continues on July 19 for Xbox One pre-order customers at 6pm UK time and 10am PST.

If you didn't pre-order the Destiny 2 beta, then you can join in on July 21 at 6pm UK time and 10am PST. That's on PS4 and Xbox One.

The beta comes to an end two days later on July 23, although exact times are yet to be revealed.

When this post is 5 hours old.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 18, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Tei posted:

Do we have a countdown or something when servers open?

*edit* Forget it. I have created one.

http://bit.ly/2u5c0qo

Based on this:

When this post is 5 hours old.

Yeah, it's 10PM PDT according to the message on the PS4 so this is the right time.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Make sure you add two or three hours for the inevitable server queues

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

HAT FETISH posted:

Make sure you add two or three hours for the inevitable server queues

Maybe not.

I don't see this thread full of activity, with lots of different people posting. Where is all the people?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
it's 8-11am on a Tuesday, lots of people have work

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Destiny 1 died with a wet fart filled with SBMM so everyone is kinda just sitting back wondering if this second installment will be worth a drat

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Plus all the cool kids have to wait an extra day.

And both the cool kids and nerdy kids don't use this dead dumb forum anymore, it's all slacks and discords.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

sadnessboner posted:

Red...and...green...flipped you say?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
PS4 goons, add me: joedbaker

I've never played Destiny before. I need some goons to play this beta with (and the full game when it comes out).

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jose Oquendo posted:

PS4 goons, add me: joedbaker

I've never played Destiny before. I need some goons to play this beta with (and the full game when it comes out).

https://discord.gg/s3bu43s

Come on in. It's a cool place to relax and hang out.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Plus all the cool kids have to wait an extra day.

And both the cool kids and nerdy kids don't use this dead dumb forum anymore, it's all slacks and discords.

Somewhere there a channel, where every 10 miliseconds somebody post Kappa and DESTINY2BETA HYPE, and the window scroll to fast to read anything. I want so much to be in that chat.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tei posted:

Somewhere there a channel, where every 10 miliseconds somebody post Kappa and DESTINY2BETA HYPE, and the window scroll to fast to read anything. I want so much to be in that chat.

Try Twitch

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I like it when twitch streamers read their own chat because they are forced to read a hundred consecutive LULs to find the one actual message that counts for something.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I like it when twitch streamers read their own chat because they are forced to read a hundred consecutive LULs to find the one actual message that counts for something.

Surprisingly topical and awesome forum name

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm inside the matrix.

e: :bungie: error code termite

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 18, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

super macho dude posted:

I'm inside the matrix.

e: :bungie: error code termite

yup, keep getting termite also.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
drat you termite

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm in (again). Just close out of Destiny, reload, and try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It would be hilarious if Lizard Squad shutdown the servers again