Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

1500quidporsche posted:

What is an incel? Is that like some anime poo poo or something?

Oh my, friend. I'm jealous you've gone this long without knowing. Allow me to end that. Incel = Involuntary Celibate = guys (yes, pretty much only males) who just can't get laid and develop a complex about it and then sometimes they die and never score, but not before causing others pain and sometimes death, like fuckface pictured above on the previous page.

EDIT:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824660

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

What is an incel? Is that like some anime poo poo or something?

p. sure it's a new pokeyman. its ability causes all the opposing trainers' pokeymanses to retreat to their balls as it recites an excruciatingly detailed list of all the ways everything is unfair to it. it's an instant victory, but you get no experience, and you have to give your opponent all your money while apologizing profusely for bringing it along

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Human life = Subway sandwich bun. Good to know.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Scratch Monkey posted:

They're broken dudes who have convinced themselves that women owe them sex and are all bitches because they won't give it up. But that's because they're spoiled, horrible monsters and not because the "in"cel is an odious creep.

So... basically this guy

Oh he's those guys, yeah I've known a handful of them back in my college years.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Do incels have a 100% chance that they religiously listen to that radio DJ Tom Leykis?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Christ the cop was an obvious troll you nimwits. If he was a real cop you would all already be dead.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Runaktla posted:

Oh he's those guys, yeah I've known a handful of them back in my college years.

He wasn't just one of those guys, he's their saint and martyr

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The only good cop is a dead cop

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

They're broken dudes who have convinced themselves that women owe them sex and are all bitches because they won't give it up. But that's because they're spoiled, horrible monsters and not because the "in"cel is an odious creep.

So... basically this guy

I think my favorite part of this idiot's saga was him fully expecting to win Powerball after buying a few hundred dollars worth of tickets, then sobbing for hours in his lonely bed when he inevitably lost.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Space Race Riot posted:

I think my favorite part of this idiot's saga was him fully expecting to win Powerball after buying a few hundred dollars worth of tickets, then sobbing for hours in his lonely bed when he inevitably lost.

Mine is still: "The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling."

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

If cops were actually held to a higher standard that would be one thing. They're not. The cop that killed that Australian lady will probably get six months paid leave, maybe fired because she was white and sue his department for more free money.

If I killed someone through negligence at my job I would go to jail for at least a few years. If what I did was really stupid I could easily spend a decade behind bars.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

If cops were actually held to a higher standard that would be one thing. They're not. The cop that killed that Australian lady will probably get six months paid leave, maybe fired because she was white and sue his department for more free money.

If I killed someone through negligence at my job I would go to jail for at least a few years. If what I did was really stupid I could easily spend a decade behind bars.

The system is pretty straightforward though. If you want to shoot people and not have to worry especially about the ramifications, then become a cop. As long as your IQ isn't crazy high it should be a breeze. If you don't want to shoot people then don't become a cop. The concept isn't exactly rocket surgery.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

There are some good cops I think.

E: Some are definitely evil and many probably skirt the law to varying degrees (throwing out a friend's 40 on a 30 speeding ticket, versus covering up murder) but I think there are at least a few, if not a handful of cops who respect civilians and are aware of their own power and bias

kalel fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 18, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DandyLion posted:

The system is pretty straightforward though. If you want to shoot people and not have to worry especially about the ramifications, then become a cop. As long as your IQ isn't crazy high it should be a breeze. If you don't want to shoot people then don't become a cop. The concept isn't exactly rocket surgery.

go join "are troops" then ffs.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

There are some good cops

Yeah but they are like the good apples in a barrel of putrid rot, as opposed to the "few bad apples" commonly used as an excuse.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

He's a black Somali immigrant named Mohammed who shot a white woman. He's getting nailed to the wall, and everyone will hold it up as proof the system works and cops are not given free reign to murder.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Copgoon - Yeah it sucks with having a career where the responsibility of having the power to mete out instant death lies on your hip. When you pull a gun out the odds of killing someone increases by 100%. In my job if I screw up, someone might mutter a four letter word under their breath. If you are pulling a gun blind on some instinct, you are doing it wrong and you are a danger. If that is what they are training you to do, you may want to consider a career change because it is only a matter of time.

You are also pissed off because you have to work overtime and make more money? Seriously?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

So... basically this guy

I think I went to college with that guy, what's his name?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I work in pharmacy if I mess up people could also die and I'll be fired arrested and locked up if do so.

So tell me again piggoon how you're held to a higher standard?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fact: the only union that will survive trombocalypse is the policeman's union.

Look at all the lives they saved on 9/11, just look.

Now get down on your knees.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rumda posted:

I work in pharmacy if I mess up people could also die and I'll be fired arrested and locked up if do so.

So tell me again piggoon how you're held to a higher standard?

Because he's a high and mighty police officer. We all know how hard it is to become a cop, they only take the best of the best and he's clearly better than the common man. People should listen to every word he says and do whatever he tells them to, no matter what. Anyone who doesn't behave that way is obviously scum and a criminal and it's their fault if he kills them.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 18, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

syscall girl posted:

Fact: the only union that will survive trombocalypse is the policeman's union.

Look at all the lives they saved on 9/11, just look.

Now get down on your knees.

the policemans union are really upset at the fact they're also being targetted after voting for trump lol

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

1500quidporsche posted:

I think I went to college with that guy, what's his name?

If you did you'd probably remember him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Isla_Vista_killings

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
The incel fesher is fake because he's dreaming about women in his dreams and not the Chad who has his head down a toilet.

We should bring back more cop threads if it bring out more :qq: from anonymous american copgoons, because let's face it virtually no other western police force is as bad for this poo poo. Maybe the threads will be banned again by a paranoid GIP mod.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Looks like it is angsty teen time again in GBS.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

When I was 15 some shithead cop pulled up to me for jay walking and being a dumb kid I thought it was cool to refuse to give my name. Rather than treating me like a dumb kid this cop also decided that acting like a dumb kid was the best course of action and "arrested me" for obstruction of justice and then handcuffed me. Lesson would've worked extremely well had he not lost the keys to the handcuffs so we were stuck there for an hour while another cop car had to drop off the spare keys.

That's my cop story. Mods pls make this confession anonymous to protect my identity.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

qnqnx posted:

Looks like it is angsty teen time again in GBS.

there is another time in gbs? :aaaaa:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

When I was 15 some shithead cop pulled up to me for jay walking and being a dumb kid I thought it was cool to refuse to give my name. Rather than treating me like a dumb kid this cop also decided that acting like a dumb kid was the best course of action and "arrested me" for obstruction of justice and then handcuffed me. Lesson would've worked extremely well had he not lost the keys to the handcuffs so we were stuck there for an hour while another cop car had to drop off the spare keys.

That's my cop story. Mods pls make this confession anonymous to protect my identity.

Imagine living in the kind of lovely country where jaywalking is a crime

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
German police shot 11 people last year, that was a raise from 10 the year before. At least about ~500 people have been fatally shot by the police since the 50s in Germany. 815 people have been shot in the US by the police alone in 2015. Even though a lot more people live in the US than in Germany, that's still a pretty crazy number.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Police Automaton posted:

German police shot 11 people last year, that was a raise from 10 the year before. At least about ~500 people have been fatally shot by the police since the 50s in Germany. 815 people have been shot in the US by the police alone in 2015. Even though a lot more people live in the US than in Germany, that's still a pretty crazy number.

From my understanding German police also get a poo poo ton more training. I'm not sure about having a college degree but I do know they had to go to the police academy for a few years and then have to be paired with someone for a few years afterward before they are trusted. They were given a lot more authority too. If a Polizei thought you were drinking while driving they will ask you to come to the station for a blood sample. You can refuse, but they WILL get your blood one way or another. It's up to you whether it's from drawing blood with a needle or out of your nose.

We were also told that if you see a Polizei open their car's trunk to run like hell. They have automatic assault rifles in there.

Edit: They are also forbidden from carrying pepper spray. It's considered a chemical weapon, therefore illegal. Training for that stuff is supposed to involve being sprayed with it than running an obstacle course. Si few we were not allowed to carry it we didn't get sprayed. Same holds true for tazers. We didn't carry those either so I didn't get tazed bro.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 18, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Yeah the polizei do not play around at all, some of the older WW2 folks in my family attributed it to the SS basically being instituted in almost every leadership level in the police in the 30s and 40s

of course my old family loves to hate them some nazis so take that as you will

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Highly unlikely.

If you factor in the population difference as a straight number (which of course is a bit too simple, there are more factors) the American police would be "allowed" to shoot ~40 people each year to reach a similar percentage of people shot. They already missed this goal for this year in April. :v:

E: Consider that 11 is a high number for Germany, less people were shot in preceding years. Of course Germany has much bigger gun control so there are less fatal-ending shootouts which probably also makes the police less trigger-happy. A lot of the reports you read on fatal shootings by police in the US are lead-in with "officer saw a gun/saw/thought the person in question was reaching for a gun" which is sometimes true and sometimes turned out to be false. Guns in the hand or presumed to be in the hand of the person getting shot are very, very common in these reports, at any rate.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 18, 2017

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

sneakyfrog posted:

Yeah the polizei do not play around at all, some of the older WW2 folks in my family attributed it to the SS basically being instituted in almost every leadership level in the police in the 30s and 40s

of course my old family loves to hate them some nazis so take that as you will

If may be a holdover in terms of respect but I never had the sense that the cops were Nazis or acted like it. They were just professional to a crazy degree while in uniform.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

limp_cheese posted:

If may be a holdover in terms of respect but I never had the sense that the cops were Nazis or acted like it. They were just professional to a crazy degree while in uniform.

eh i think they just remember that days when some cops were literal nazis, I just remember them pulling over a bwm m5 on the autobahn just because the dude was weaving a bit an talking on the phone. granted we were going pretty fast but that poo poo was like drat good on you cop dudes.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

HELLO LADIES!!!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"I protect you ungrateful worms and if some of you have to die then some of you have to die," - A man who does not understand why cops are hated somehow

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

Didn't the German police just have a big embarrassing public orgy or something recently?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Didn't the German police just have a big embarrassing public orgy or something recently?

Better than the american orgy of violence

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

McGavin posted:

Mine is still: "The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling."

He even failed to carry out his rampage as planned. Wanted to shoot up a sorority house but they didn't answer the door because they were spooked by the way he knocked.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Seriously, I wish Cliff Yablonski was still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Gynovore posted:

HELLO LADIES!!!

https://youtu.be/zWl2sjdKEas