Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

But but I can't take Shaw with Taryn... on the other hand, a free rubble with a solo in it sounds pretty great. I don't happen to know anyone with menoth units but it seems a big... limitation, I guess, if you instantly assume that one unit should be choir. I think it'd just be fun to play some stuff I wouldn't normally get my hands on, like sword knights + talon marshalled, trencher commandos, even stormlances.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Pyrolocutus posted:

There'll probably be ~2-3 typed Llalese units with it, if the Northkin stuff is any indication.

At minimum they'll probably add Cygnar's gun mage units as Llaelese.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hymm of passage could be dumb as hell on the galleon. And there's always stormlances. I'm sure there's plenty of things you can bring into mercs with it that really help them

e: assuming you can take UA and you can take the cygnar gunmages what type of jack can they marshal

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Hopefully they count as Llaelese cause Mules with Runeshots would be baller.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Hopefully they count as Llaelese cause Mules with Runeshots would be baller.

For real, yeah.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Selling a largish convergence lot https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827104&perpage=40

Happy to ship anywhere in the world

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The new troll heavy will start testing at 16 points with Ornery for its animus. Lame animus but I can live with 16 points I think.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Considering the synergy it'll have in trolls thats fair, maybe even under costed. Rush, rage, primal for animus alone. Spell wise I want to fling them out under jarl with rush an quicken.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Yeah, I'm cool if they want to give him no animus at all if it can get him even cheaper. I'm not really hurting for goon animi in Trolls, he just needs to be a beater I can buff

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Goon animi? Impervious Flesh is not an animus AFAIK.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Full run down from Chain-attack;

From CID panel:
Falk has a magelock shotgun and will start testing with shot a model and have it do a spray off of the target. He also has an shot that does fire. He also has a shot that marks the target and when it takes magic damage if is at +2.
The champion of the order of the wall will go into the Menoth edit a new theme- Faithful Masses, the zealot theme. He will have a leadership ability that gives retaliatory strike to other paladins.
There are a couple new Man O War officers coming.
One of the Man O Wars is on a large base.
Pagani is very excited for Bombadiers.
Skarre 3 feat: she can take a point of damage. She can cast a spell for each point of damage taken. Each spell can be cast once.
Agrimony is a revenant and will play in Ghost Fleet. She has no attacks that break her incorporeal.
Some of the theme lists like the Dawnguard theme force will come out with the intention that models will come out in the future to flesh out the theme.
Pagani: my greatest design accomplishment is this feat and spell-
Orion's Feat: friendly models making attacks against enemy models in his control area without a focus or fury get boosted attack rolls. When making attacks against models with focus or fury, he gains boosted damage.
Orion has a spell that can place focus on enemy and friendly models.
Gastonne 2: his gun is strong. If he has any souls on him he rolls an additional die on attack and damage and drops the lowest.
If Gastonne has three souls, he can spend them to become ROF 4 with boosted attack and damage.
Brawler will start testing at 16 points and his animus will be ornery and it will be a Northkin model.
Wold wight- Pagani: I keep murdering everyone with it in play testing. He is effectively a lesser on a medium base (14 hp). 5 points. Fury 2.
Stone shapers will get new star action that gives a Wolds +2 strength.
Anamag has a spell that is non upkeep, cost 3?, target unit give +3 strength. Fury 7 caster. An ogrun can kill something and then she can cast it again.
Primus Jalaam’s feat will begin testing as when an enemy model attacks a friendly faction model they roll one less attack die.
Barnabus 2 has a spell that gives enemy models -2 on attack rolls. Cost 2. Non upkeep.
Mercs and Minions will eventually be gone through and add on new factions like Grymkin and Crucible Guard to factions that can take them where appropriate.
Gorman has partisan Crucible in internal playtest documents.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Does that means Mercs and Minions are bound to disappear as factions, while becoming a bunch of subfaction sharing the "Mercenary"/"Minion" rule ?

Oh, and while I'm at it, would anyone know where to shop for bits? I'd like to use the parts from my Spriggan/Dev/Dem kit and a grind body, but the only place selling those slaps 14$ for shipping. :fuckoff:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Agata, Queen of Carnage was revealed.

Spd 5, Mat 7, Def 13 Arm 15, 5 boxes

Tough, Parry, Pathfinder

Two RNG 1 PS 12 melee weapons

Duelist, Sprint, Riposte, Side Step, Counter Charge AND Combo Strike up to PS 17.

All for 5 points.

Carver has a new best friend.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Holy poo poo.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Oh and she works for Legion, Trolls, Circle and Skorne so theorycraft away.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
5 point melee combat solo with pretty meh stats against guns so not going to light the world on fire. 5 boxes hurts. Pathfinder helps a lot though, can hide her a lot easier that way. Once she gets stuck in she's solid and a PS17 (P5 punch fists? Seems pretty high but alright) combo strike with a 7 inch retreat (sidestep+sprint, if sidesteps work off star attacks, I forget) is a nice little yoyo. Spd5 is pretty mopey though. You'll definitely take her for free but I dunno if you'll see her much outside of that. Standard combat solo problems. A bit similar to Maximus but I'd say pigs will take what they can get and she's not a bad model by any stretch.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Skorne can take her and the pig BE gives her concealment. And she'll probably be free in some themes from time to time.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Yeah I could definitely see her in the Skorne minion theme. Once she gets stuck into a unit she'll be pretty tough to root out and parry+sidestep means you can't just ignore her. Still, 5 boxes on 15 armor is pretty squishy.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Stuff should be killable. Or we could go back to def/arm never die solos like in mk2.

Shes a kill dozer not a tank seems legit.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Does that means Mercs and Minions are bound to disappear as factions, while becoming a bunch of subfaction sharing the "Mercenary"/"Minion" rule ?

I think that just means they'll go through mercy and minions and add "works for Grymkin/Crucible Guard" to ones that should be available to those new factions not that they're killing the faction or imposing some new "must be played in theme" rule.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pigs theme doesn't give free character solos right now. She's a point less than the scouts so you'd be taking those free anyway

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Pigs theme doesn't give free character solos right now. She's a point less than the scouts so you'd be taking those free anyway

I get the character restriction, but isn't the point to take what you need, versus the maximum number of free points? Scouts and her fill very different roles, so I wouldn't think the comparison is valid.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The scouts can do spot removal too. What's her role then? Where you'd take her but not find space for scouts in the list.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Someplace where you want spot removal but can't count on shooting to do it? Maybe if your feat synergizes with melee better than shooting.

It's more the general idea people have that an 8pt solo is always better than a 4-5pt one. It can be, but often the more expensive ones are way less general, so I can see an argument for wanting a beatstick Mage Hunter Assassin over Narn for instance.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I just don't see her edging out the other options for free points if it was possible. The UA is really good too. I know what you mean with apples and oranges but those two are the backbone of thornfall's non beast options

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

And the Smog Con Hollow Man is gone again. No goon would kind enough to part with a spare one, by chance?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I made a ikrpg character with Low Breeding and Good Breeding.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I made a ikrpg character with Low Breeding and Good Breeding.

A true man of the people.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

S.J. posted:

A true man of the people.

A true gobber of the manpeople.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alpha Phoenix posted:

A true gobber of the manpeople.

Even better!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

gilljoy posted:

Selling a largish convergence lot https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827104&perpage=40

Happy to ship anywhere in the world

If you decide to part this out DM me.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Hi friends. About a year ago I moved for work, leaving behind a solid Warmachine group with friends that had sprung up over the past few years. I kept meaning to get back into it, but then I'd remember horror stories from games stores about hugely fat dudes smelling like BO, horrible nerds being creeps, stuff like that, and put it off a while longer.

Last week I finally made it out to the local store, and so far everyone's been great! Pretty friendly group in this area, everyone washes regularly, and though they throw out some devastating lists they explain how I can do better next time. They even got me to play in my first tournament, and surprisingly I didn't get pounded into the ground. Never in my life did I expect to say this, but playing with randos at a game store can be cool, and good.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I've built through the Grymkin starter box. Everything is plastic with manageable mold lines and low part counts. The Dread Rots are weirdly in an even softer plastic than PP's usual mk2 kit stuff. Overall, it's a pretty okay experience.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Lost to the dreamer. Bulldoze phantom and piggybacks are a thing. Things were going well until my flank collapsed. Highlight of the game for me was running a seether through a bunch of jamming troops with ghostly and veil of mists to punch the death knell off the table. Not sure if infernal machines can play into it. Probably should have committed seethers to the pigs. BTW the phantoms are warriors and as such are secceptable to wws seduction. Way to spin it around and punch it in the butt. Totally bringing dark host into them next time.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I've been playing against Grymkin pretty much weekly since they appeared in the CID. Does anyone else feel they're not fun to play against, or is it just salty old me?

I know "damned if you do..." is their shtick, but as well as all the gotchas they have, it always feels to me like they're kind of like trolls, where everything buffs each other, but also killing things buffs other things. Which basically means you have no good lines against them.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Well, to my admittingly inexperienced opinion, they have the ability to project additional costs to any action (which fit their arcanas, of course), which seems to make them pretty great at controling the flow of the game.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm gonna be grabbing mine today. On the face of it they don't look too bad, at least not worse than Haley2 (not that it may reassure some of you...), but I think at some point they're going to seriously examine Crabbit spam.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel like they're really susceptible to some good shooting. Most of their heavies are starting at 13/16 and you should be able to clip a few off the table before they can pile on the corpse tokens.

I'll be looking to dump Old Witch 2 into them ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'd say they are neutral to play against unless they take that stupid 'when something dies, full heal everything in your control' arcana. Goddamn that thing annoys me, I am a big fan of wounding and impairing but not killing warbeasts at a distance with things like heavy warjack guns, boosted handcannons, commodore cannon, and solos like Kell and Alten.