Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I paid to watch space cop and have to live with that every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I sent rlm some money and they sent me a digital spacecop.

I'd send them money for free if I had any!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In case anyone was wondering if Zack Snyder stepping back meant that some color might accidentally sneak into Justice League, here's the design of the main villain

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is Snyder colourblind? It would make a lot of sense if he just saw everything in monochromatic shades.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

priznat posted:

Is Snyder colourblind? It would make a lot of sense if he just saw everything in monochromatic shades.

He's apparently dyslexic, which probably explains the lack of things like establishing shots and a coherent plot.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I am gonna go against the grain here and say that the color choices are the low hanging fruits here. I'd watch a washed out crappy looking justice league movie if it had something worth a drat happening in it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So you know how Disney fired the Han solo directors? Seems they also had a hand in getting Kermit the Frog's performer fired since they bought Muppet studios. Steve Whitmire said he didn't get along with the ABC showrunners for that failed Muppet TV revival and that became the breaking point for ditching him from the studio after years of contention with the higher ups.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Idk if "Muppets but a serious adult oriented program" was real or if I'm just imagining it in a fever dream right now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Kermit wanted to gently caress a sexier pig. I think that was the gist of it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Okay if we both hallucinated it than it was probably real.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Fat puppets are beautiful.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

reignofevil posted:

Idk if "Muppets but a serious adult oriented program" was real or if I'm just imagining it in a fever dream right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lv2vWIkJmc

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I think I heard once that "primus sucks!" was a thing that real primus fans said to each other. Like an irony joke. I tried it sometimes and it never worked. It just made people think I hated primus and was a bullshit shibboleth. Anyway I wonder if that irony joke is actually what's going on with space cop, because I enjoyed it very much but everyone universally says they hate it. Is it a joke to enjoy space cop and then say you hate it? I don't know man it's like twelve dollars just watch it. You like these boys just watch it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
As always:

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FON5KnEKReA :nms:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Eek

Edit 're spacecop: I liked some of the scenes. I disliked the middle mostly and the ending ranged from acceptable to meh

I give it a pity 7

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Let's be honest though, none of the Muppets stuff made after Disney bought them has been that good. They did make the affront to humanity known as Muppets wizard of Oz after all. It has one good scene where Tarantino tries to pitch a fight scene to kernit, but the rest is horrendous.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I watched spacecop to see Patton Oswalt and there were a few laughs here and there but it's not good. It's like the amount of jokes in a mediocre half in the bag pre/post review skit stretched out to pre-rec levels of length.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Les Claypool used to introduce the band by saying "hi, we're primus and we suck."

And it grew from that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rich seems to be giving SpaceCop at least some effort whereas Mike literally can't act and sucks in the movie

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike doing his exaggerated impression of a guy in a movie, but in a movie

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I enjoyed Space Cop but it's hard to say if I liked it because it was a good-bad movie or if it was because it's sort of a love letter to fans of RLM and BotW-style cheese. Also I was drinking when I watched it so ymmv

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I think the choice to make Rich Evans the straight man and Mike the funny one was a very poor choice.

Like, maybe that was the joke? That they were intentionally playing against type? But it didn't work.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WampaLord posted:

I think the choice to make Rich Evans the straight man and Mike the funny one was a very poor choice.

Like, maybe that was the joke? That they were intentionally playing against type? But it didn't work.

A joke in Space Cop? A likely story.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Paladinus posted:

Space Cop? A joke

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Space Cop was just me handing them cash for the idea of taking a dumb joke trailer and making an actual movie around it. The film was never going to be good but I admire the balls they had in trying anyways.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Space Cop is bad but it's not Spider-Man homecoming bad.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Space Cop was bad but it was an excuse to give RLM some money for all of the entertainment they've given me that didn't require making a patreon account.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'd prefer to give them Patreon money so they don't get the wrong idea that I want them making more films. I want them making more Wheel of the Worst.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

WampaLord posted:

I'd prefer to give them Patreon money so they don't get the wrong idea that I want them making more films. I want them making more Wheel of the Worst.

Agreed. It feels nice being one of the people that gives them a cool 19K a month.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Kermit wanted to gently caress a sexier pig. I think that was the gist of it.

Also Fozzy Bear was banging a real lady.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Vaguido posted:

Space Cop was bad but it was an excuse to give RLM some money for all of the entertainment they've given me that didn't require making a patreon account.

Which is why I was asking about their films.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

PostNouveau posted:

Also Fozzy Bear was banging a real lady.

Gonzo: You ever have that problem where you're loving and something funny happens and you both can't stop laughing and it just ruins the whole thing?
Fozzy: I can honestly say I have never had that problem.

*laughter*

:stat: : The only moaning going on between his sheets are from his jokes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

WampaLord posted:

This is a good point.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23queljQ7Y

It's like they both underwent a reverse metamorphosis. God Mike and Jay used to be opposites.

Five years of watching the poo poo Hollywood churns out really took its toll on Mike.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

WampaLord posted:

I want them making more Wheel of the Worst.

:agreed:

I was going through some older episodes today and it turns out I'd managed to miss one with the canadians. Apart from Josh opening his mouth from behind the camera it's wonderful. https://youtu.be/aA2Z16QiNsE?t=1677

Also Jessie should be in front of the camera more because she has the second best RLM laugh.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bloom posted:

I was going through some older episodes today and it turns out I'd managed to miss one with the canadians. Apart from Josh opening his mouth from behind the camera it's wonderful. https://youtu.be/aA2Z16QiNsE?t=1677

my god, you almost went your whole life without seeing the osteoporosis dance.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bloom posted:

:agreed:

Also Jessie should be in front of the camera more because she has the second best RLM laugh.

Ya Jessie's giggle laugh is very good. shame about being a lady on the internet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjg6v9O-TbM

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wtf they did the movie alligator on one of these? i remember renting that as a kid and asking my dad why the hell it was rated r it woulda been like pg nowadays and he said people in 1980 were weaklings.

WampaLord posted:

This is extremely non canon.

fat jay is even LESS canon than skinny mike and skinny rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
When is Jay going to start putting out exercise videos?

starkebn fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 19, 2017

• Locked thread