Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Crabtree posted:

Oh good, dog fuckers and mutilating women. "no just don't look at the horrible scaring across her scalp as she tries to lick your face". What's next, going full on The Island of Dr. Moreau?

It's more than that. I mean, the mutant thing would just die. Like, I know 50s scifi likes to simplify the brain switch poo poo, but that don't work. The brain is a super advanced, biological, water-cooled computer that is unique to its particular body. You throw that poo poo in something else and it won't work. A dog's body can't sync up with a human nervous system. The signal would not reach the heart to make it beat, for starters. Even if it did, it'd be beating over two to three times the beats per minute it should be and have a heart attack. I could go on as people mistake scifi for real science is a pet peeve of mine, but I wont'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Rush was just Freaking Out, good day to hatelisten

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Crabtree posted:

"We need the Antichrist to do his thing to set off the Apocalypse, and he's just so reasonable in how he's letting us subjugate the poor!"

Reminder,fundies believe ((((((((((((((((((The Jews))))))))))))))))) need to rebuild the temple so Jeeazus will come back and this is the only reason they support (((((((((((((The Jews)))))))))))))))))))))))0)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

What a loving hack. No wonder no one respect mainstream news anymore.

Lol, what a disingenuous rear end in a top hat

"You don't have to read my stories, you can read stories by other writers!"

* places own stories at very top of site, in huge bold font *

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Rush was just Freaking Out, good day to hatelisten

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
someone please repost this every page until tomorrow afternoon. we will inevitably have people dropping in to ask

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/887344510451240960

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Crabtree posted:

Oh good, dog fuckers and mutilating women. "no just don't look at the horrible scaring across her scalp as she tries to lick your face". What's next, going full on The Island of Dr. Moreau?

This reminds me of Larry Niven's "Kzinti" aliens, who were so misogynistic they genetically engineered their women to be non-sapient chattel.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dunno if this was posted yet, but 8th man in meeting has been identified

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/eighth-man-trump-tower-meeting-russia/index.html

quote:

The eighth person who attended the June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr. at Trump Tower is a senior vice president at the company founded by the Russian oligarch who initiated the meeting, CNN has learned.

Ike Kaveladze's identity was confirmed by his attorney, Scott Balber.
Kaveladze is a senior vice president at Crocus Group, the real estate development company run by Azerbaijani-Russian oligarch Aras Agalarov, according to Kaveladze's LinkedIn. His personal website says he "holds responsibility for multiple elements of the company's Russian development project."

E: F, B, of course.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Covok posted:

The signal would not reach the heart to make it beat, for starters. Even if it did, it'd be beating over two to three times the beats per minute it should be and have a heart attack. I could go on as people mistake scifi for real science is a pet peeve of mine, but I wont'.

Hearts don't actually need to connect to the brain. Almost all heart transplants are done with no nervous connections. Hearts are so important to staying alive bodies developed to have redundant systems so they work just fine even if every single nerve connecting them fails.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Murkowski just announced that she's a no. Thats 3. Repeal and maybe replace later is dead.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Boris Galerkin posted:

I have never heard of "incels" before so I just looked up the subreddit and wow.

"Yes, I would like 'Unfuckable' to be a label I base my self-identity on"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Rigel posted:

Murkowski just announced that she's a no. Thats 3. Repeal and maybe replace later is dead.

took what, 13 hours?

that a record?

we are witnessing a revolt on senate leadership, primarily mcconnell

everyone should be celebrating not only the continual failure of mcconnells healthcare bill(s) but also his misery as his own caucus loving hates him

skylined! fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 18, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

It's more than that. I mean, the mutant thing would just die. Like, I know 50s scifi likes to simplify the brain switch poo poo, but that don't work. The brain is a super advanced, biological, water-cooled computer that is unique to its particular body. You throw that poo poo in something else and it won't work. A dog's body can't sync up with a human nervous system. The signal would not reach the heart to make it beat, for starters. Even if it did, it'd be beating over two to three times the beats per minute it should be and have a heart attack. I could go on as people mistake scifi for real science is a pet peeve of mine, but I wont'.

I don't even loving care for the fact that none of these poo poo heads have any idea how any of the neurosciences actually work, they are seriously probably jacking it to the idea of mutilating people and animals until they are obedient sex things because they can't work up the nerve to care about another human being to hold a conversation to begin dating. Some people should just be banned from ever using the internet because it only makes them worse!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Hearts don't actually need to connect to the brain. Almost all heart transplants are done with no nervous connections. Hearts are so important to staying alive bodies developed to have redundant systems so they work just fine even if every single nerve connecting them fails.

I did not know that and it does explain how brain dead people can still have Heartbeats. This was an interesting fact. Thank you!

Crabtree posted:

I don't even loving care for the fact that none of these poo poo heads have any idea how any of the neurosciences actually work, they are seriously probably jacking it to the idea of mutilating people and animals until they are obedient sex things because they can't work up the nerve to care about another human being to hold a conversation to begin dating. Some people should just be banned from ever using the internet because it only makes them worse!

Some people were seriously raised wrong. Or is it genetic? What makes a person this hosed-up?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/887350665755930629

I hadn't even considered the possibility that a Senate Republican could go the way of Princess Diana

https://twitter.com/sam_baker/status/887350289589821440

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/887351294188498945

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's reddit's incel "community", dog mind rapist hardly rates.

Burn the site down and start anew

Nah they redeemed themselves by trashing Cilizza. Read that and you'll feel better about the world.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Rigel posted:

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/887350490790580224

Any bets on if Mcconnell still holds the vote? Trump will want him to and he had to know this was a non starter even before he proposed it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Some people should just be banned from ever using the internet because it only makes them worse!

excuse me sir this sounds an awful lot like fascism

also have you read my new book - both sides are the same: a deep dive into human dog transplant and also why no woman will ever touch my pee unit

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

I have never heard of "incels" before so I just looked up the subreddit and wow.

David Futrelle's blog We Hunted the Mammoth is all about keeping an eye on these guys and the rest of the He-Man Woman-Haters on the right. Equal parts funny, horrifying, and depressing.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's reddit's incel "community", dog mind rapist hardly rates.

Burn the site down and start anew

Sometimes they just go with a dog's brain in a... a dog's body.

There was one who tried to sue his mother because she wouldn't sleep with him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Weirdest reply to this

https://twitter.com/JoeJonesSmith/status/887336223500410881

Is that what we call a fiscal liberal, socially racist?

aka Steve Bannon

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rigel posted:

Phew. loving phew. My only hope is that number grows and grows so that it's very hard for them to save this. I want this thing to fail. I wanted to Fail Hard. I wanted to fail so hard they can't do anything else. I want them to go into 2018 with no legislative accomplishments whatsoever.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Covok posted:

Phew. loving phew. My only hope is that number grows and grows so that it's very hard for them to save this. I want this thing to fail. I wanted to Fail Hard. I wanted to fail so hard they can't do anything else. I want them to go into 2018 with no legislative accomplishments whatsoever.

I mean, they've gone six months with dick-all to show for it. Reckon the next year will see that upgraded to gently caress-all.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

Woah... holy loving poo poo...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That's 3 no's right? Repeal only dead on arrival.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mentally ill people say stupid things in their mutually reinforcing safe space, film at 11.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

skylined! posted:

took what, 13 hours?

that a record?

we are witnessing a revolt on senate leadership, primarily mcconnell

everyone should be celebrating not only the continual failure of mcconnells healthcare. I'll shut but also his misery as his own caucus loving hates him

The question is whether McConnell decides to make the defectors pay by actually holding the vote and putting them on record for primary attacks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ague Proof posted:

Sometimes they just go with a dog's brain in a... a dog's body.

What was his argument, squatter's rights?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It definitely doesn't bode well for tax reform, and there will probably be a stand-off over a possible government shut down in September.

e: the utter failure at Repeal & Replace, I mean. Not the dogbrain women thing, which just bodes poorly for that weird guy's future

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

God drat I love Abby Denton

Also this is the world we created. Lovely.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shifty Pony posted:

The question is whether McConnell decides to make the defectors pay by actually holding the vote and putting them on record for primary attacks.

Wouldn't that backfire, though? I'd imagine voting against this poo poo bill would actually make them look better to their constituents

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Yeah, the next total economic meltdown threat is the debt ceiling fight. They got REAL dumb about that last time.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
incel people are all just loving nuts at their basic core. I don't think it's that absurd to think that a decent percentage of people have the ability to just go off the rails given the proper echo chamber environment

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

DaveWoo posted:

Those questions are amazing :allears:

lol - Ashley Feinberg owns

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

There was an amazing thread title a while back that introduced me to the term. "no longer in chains but still incels" or something?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Rigel posted:

I don't think it was ever meant to pass so much as be posturing.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

I did not know that and it does explain how brain dead people can still have Heartbeats. This was an interesting fact. Thank you!

Some people were seriously raised wrong. Or is it genetic? What makes a person this hosed-up?

Being an ugly unfuckable mutant with a personality to match.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

they just don't vote on a motion to proceed and they have technically not "voted" on the actual bill itself

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, the next total economic meltdown threat is the debt ceiling fight. They got REAL dumb about that last time.

Btw Treasury wants the debt ceiling before August recess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

TheScott2K posted:

Tucker Carlson begs the question, "When does a Nazi apologist become a Nazi?"

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/887115275249885184

Fox is just playing to their base who are probably just terrified that they'd be hit by the curse from "Thinner" if they ever encountered a Romani in person.

• Locked thread