Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

docbeard posted:

You do realize they won't let you just vote for him twenty million times in every state yourself, right?

buttigieg is Actually Good, it's not just because he has a funny name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

I think he'd endorse Warren rather than running against her but I fully admit my Warren opinion is heavily affected by MA homerism

Warren has never expressed any interest in running.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

buttigieg you gently caress

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

buttigieg is Actually Good, it's not just because he has a funny name

What's so funny about his name?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Maybe if it was Bullworth

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Bernie is too old" is really stupid when 90% of his popularity comes from him being an old curmudgeon who hasn't changed his stance, or his hair, in 40 years.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Frijolero posted:

Warren has never expressed any interest in running.

the thing is, if she had she would have won

both the primary (because Bernie wouldn't have run if she had and she could have beaten the pantsuit off Hillary) and the general

so I admit this scenario depends on a lot of pressure being put on her to run which doesn't currently exist but she's still the best choice IMO

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chrome extension that replaces any mention of "pragmatic" with pissmatic

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gradenko_2000 posted:

Tired: Sanders

Wired: Hoxha

this, unironically

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Frijolero posted:

"Bernie is too old" is really stupid when 90% of his popularity comes from him being an old curmudgeon who hasn't changed his stance, or his hair, in 40 years.

i have no issues with him running. i have issues with him running without a progressive insurance polic-

bernie/flo 2020

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i'm a flo democrat

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Buttgreg

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

zegermans posted:

Is there some sort of way for rich people to get muscles without actually working towards it

If you have unlimited money to go along with a nutritionist, chef, and personal trainer it is pretty easy to be zuck level's of in shape without having to do anything crazy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Taintrunner posted:

chrome extension that replaces any mention of "pragmatic" with pissmatic

please also have it replace "wonk" with "self fart huffer"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy gently caress I just realized it's spelled b u t t i g i e g.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dom is Here posted:

As someone who worked for Amazon for a while this is absolutely the case. I'm surprised they're allowed to have phones on them. At my warehouse if you forgot to leave your phone in the car you'd get hit going through security to lunch/break. They'd take your phone and go through it to make sure you didn't steal it from there. (In over a year I nor anyone I worked with even saw a cellphone being packaged for shipping lmao)

they didnt actually think you stole the phones :shh: they're comin right for us!

bezos is a tyrant that should be strung up before drump

Joementum posted:

[extremely Democrat voice]

"actually, i think what we need is more choice"

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/887315511863803905

the modern dem party would be the funniest joke in history if they weren't complicit in the deaths of millions

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

got any sevens posted:

they didnt actually think you stole the phones :shh: they're comin right for us!

bezos is a tyrant that should be strung up before drump

the modern dem party would be the funniest joke in history if they weren't complicit in the deaths of millions

Well yeah, but have you seen the other guys? 👌

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
bad dems: wahhhh enver hoxha used the death penalty

*defends tim kaine and bill clinton*

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

bad dems: wahhhh enver hoxha used the death penalty

*defends tim kaine and bill clinton*

don't let good be the enemy of great.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Joementum posted:

huh, is there a popular politician on the left? :thunk:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/887276023338999809

Just imagine my heart stopped after laughing for an hour straight.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zegermans posted:

don't let good be the enemy of great.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/887369511158022147

Dems strategy is to fix healthcare in such a way that a Republican majority Congress and Republican President will sign it.

Expanding the Blue Dogs is the way to get that done next year. They don't actually plan to re-take the chamber.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Nonsense posted:

Expanding the Blue Dogs is the way to get that done next year. They don't actually plan to re-take the chamber.

this is stupid

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I like the name Blue Dog and I've decided I am one now.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

You're stupid!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You're stupid!

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/887292895610290176

Humanitarian centrism. I know foreign policy is like the thing most americans care about the least but any democratic primary that doesn't address the grip the Washington consensus has is going to lead to some incredibly hosed up poo poo even if Hillary "Nuke Tehran" Clinton isn't the one running, and want it or not, US foreign policy has knock on effects on some of the terrible poo poo that happens domestically. Imperial centers have a deep rot basically. Basically primary Schumer even if he bends the knee.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I agree, investing in a particular electoral group which actively sabotages Dem legislation for helping poor people too much is stupid and I really hope the Dem leadership doesn't actually go forward with it

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You're stupid!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You're stupid!

im stupid

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Clinton's problem wasn't "centrism." It was her celebrity-stocked campaign and personal corruption, as well as the related sense of her being an out-of-touch coastal elite.

A fiscally responsible, socially conservative Democrat with a down-home demeanor and squeaky clean personal finances would have dominated Trump. These are the kind of folks Democrats need to field in 2018 if they're gonna take back the House. Newsflash: it's a conservative country.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nothing they have pursued in the last 6 months of Trump's administration has led me to believe otherwise.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Okay that one actually kind of sounds like something Tim Kaine might say.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/887369511158022147

Dems strategy is to fix healthcare in such a way that a Republican majority Congress and Republican President will sign it.

The Republicans are desperately trying to make "single payer" stick to the Democrats but despite that being a position that is popular among the electorate the Dems refuse to take that up and instead want to help the republicans dismantle the ACA. They just want to be nicer about it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

GalacticAcid posted:

Clinton's problem wasn't "centrism." It was her celebrity-stocked campaign and personal corruption, as well as the related sense of her being an out-of-touch coastal elite.

A fiscally responsible, socially conservative Democrat with a down-home demeanor and squeaky clean personal finances would have dominated Trump. These are the kind of folks Democrats need to field in 2018 if they're gonna take back the House. Newsflash: it's a conservative country.

lol source your quotes.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/250975772083380226

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Don't sign your posts.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Thoguh posted:

instead want to help the republicans dismantle the ACA. They just want to be nicer about it.

They do not want to dismantle the ACA, they want to give it a fresh paint job and some chrome wheels.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain_Maclaine posted:

lol source your quotes.

i mean thats basically biden and he woulda won also sooo

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

Anyone not named "Hillary Clinton" would have dominated Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
In addition to Bernie, there were about 50 million other people that would have won.

• Locked thread