Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

facialimpediment posted:

They did some goofy poo poo with the 2015 repeal bill that let it use reconciliation and the 50-vote threshold. I originally thought it was a 60-threshold, but everything I read says this particular bill passes the Byrd Rule reconciliation threshold of 50. If I find a full explainer (and the bill isn't dead yet) I'll post it.

I found one here.

It's not full repeal (as in removes the ACA from the law books) but it removes all the financial aspects of it so to pass the Byrd Rule (defunds the marketplaces, cuts the taxes, etc) and is a pocket book repeal instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Yeah, the 2015 scenario is if anything a worst-case scenario for healthcare, since IIRC it gets rid of the Medicaid expansion and the penalties for not having healthcare, but retains coverage for pre-existing conditions and essential health benefits, meaning that premiums would start skyrocketing since there would be no reason to have insurance unless you're actually sick (But the poor would still get hosed over since they still wouldn't be able to afford plans)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
And Murkowski just killed the bill.

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/887350490790580224

Swapped link because this one made me laugh like hell: https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/887352322438946817

Only thing left is a losing vote and angry tweets.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/887349647102095360

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 18, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

isnt that what they were proposing for poor people anyway

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My dick is chafing from how hard I am jerking it right now

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/theavclub/status/887316809782890496

I see no downfall in celebrity worship. None at all.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TBeats posted:

:laffo: that'll end well for her.

Conservatives will hate her because she's transgender, and lefties will hate her because they're a pack of vicious fuckers with a taste for thoughtcrime. Which leaves what, liberals who can be guilted into voting for the minority candidate and Republicans trying to convince themselves that they're still good people?

Six people are not enough to make up a base. That particular effort seems doomed to failure.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 18, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

TBeats posted:

Who the gently caress would vote for her? She's trans so Republicans won't touch her with a 10 foot pole and she loves Trump so Dems despise her as well. It'll be a slam dunk for her opponent unless they're absolutely horrible.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

tastefully arranged labia posted:

My dick is chafing from how hard I am jerking it right now

Don't read this, you'll yank it clean off.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/887356033894580228

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Winning over your own party. Impressive.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

LingcodKilla posted:

Winning over your own party. Impressive.

Well, Obama couldn't do it either.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Reading on some of the bullshit McConnell was spinning to his own party, I think that vote actually gets much worse.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I think you'll find the Trump administration most closely resembles the employees of Hardbodies Gym

The Iron Rose posted:

Conservatives will hate her because she's transgender, and lefties will hate her because they're a pack of vicious fuckers with a taste for thoughtcrime. Which leaves what, liberals who can be guilted into voting for the minority candidate and Republicans trying to convince themselves that they're still good people?

lmao at this post

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tell Donnie second place is first loser

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I think you'll find the Trump administration most closely resembles the employees of Hardbodies Gym

lmao at this post

BAR script or White House transcript:

Chad: Throw it out?!
Linda: You can't do that! You should put a note up in the ladies' locker room.
Chad: Put a note up? "Highly classified poo poo found, Signals Intelligence poo poo, CIA poo poo? Hello? Did you lose your secret CIA poo poo?" I don't think so.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

Well, Obama couldn't do it either.

True true but did he ever brag about it?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Tell Donnie second place is first loser

if your not first you're last ricky donny!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So much winning.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ded posted:

So much winning.
I find that I'm sick of winning.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

I'm with her?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Buckle up buckaroos

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

she should be in jail for manslaughter

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/status/887422528544755717

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Rallys make you more popular. Obama was a fool to not use them to boost his popularity!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

please clap

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Maybe if his rallys had more torches and oompah bands, they'd be more interesting.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

All these rallies remind me of how hitler had rallies all the time to drum up support for the Nazi movement. Hitler at least had the good sense to offer free food and a whole slew of other events besides the two minutes hate to get people in the door.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Maybe if his rallys had more torches and oompah bands, they'd be more interesting.

It's never bright enough when you do rallies at night. If only there was some sort of material that burned really well, and was bound together in units that they are ideologically opposed to...

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MRC48B posted:

It's never bright enough when you do rallies at night. If only there was some sort of material that burned really well, and was bound together in units that they are ideologically opposed to...

I can't tell if you're making a reference to burning books or burning black people here.

The sad thing is neither is that far from the truth.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

All these rallies remind me of how hitler had rallies all the time to drum up support for the Nazi movement. Hitler at least had the good sense to offer free food and a whole slew of other events besides the two minutes hate to get people in the door.

https://youtu.be/cLgJmyJc9ns?list=PL3H6z037pboH4mumre4pvkJbvmC0ZUDKG

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

orange juche posted:

Fun fact: Nazi's used to die at the early rallies because brownshirts would get blind drunk and die due to alcohol poisoning and other dumb accidents.

IIRC, one incident occurred when some guys all slept next to a bunch of trucks or something that were idling and died of carbon monoxide poisoning which is pretty :discourse:

Afterwards, they started cracking down on how blind drunk people could get.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It's coming out that Trump and Putin had a previously undisclosed hour-long meeting at the G20 summit, where the only people present were Trump, Putin and his interpreter. No other details available right now, but holy poo poo even if they were just talking about their favorite trafficked Eastern European hookers, it looks terrible given recent events.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mit-in-germany/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

Fun fact: Nazi's used to die at the early rallies because brownshirts would get blind drunk and die due to alcohol poisoning and other dumb accidents.

IIRC, one incident occurred when some guys all slept next to a bunch of trucks or something that were idling and died of carbon monoxide poisoning which is pretty :discourse:

Afterwards, they started cracking down on how blind drunk people could get.

Trump needs to start offering free booze at his rallies then imo.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

suboptimal posted:

It's coming out that Trump and Putin had a previously undisclosed hour-long meeting at the G20 summit, where the only people present were Trump, Putin and his interpreter. No other details available right now, but holy poo poo even if they were just talking about their favorite trafficked Eastern European hookers, it looks terrible given recent events.

Was just about to post this. How is he so goddamn stupid? This isn't so much "falling for a trap" as it is "throwing yourself down a loving manhole".

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's actually really surprising it took this long for it to get out, seeing as how poo poo seems to normally leak in minutes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

suboptimal posted:

No worries here

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The trump whitehouse:

quote:

YOU BETTER STOP ME IM GONNA SLAM MY HAND IN THIS DOOR, YOU BETTER STOP ME!

*slam*

OW gently caress WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP ME? NOW IM SO PISSED I'M GONNA PISS ON THIS POWER TRANSFORMER RUSSIAN HOOKER

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

Was just about to post this. How is he so goddamn stupid? This isn't so much "falling for a trap" as it is "throwing yourself down a loving manhole".

And Pootie Poot standing nearby with manhole cover at his feet. Dude's playing Donnie like a fiddle. I will be the exact opposite of surprised when it comes out that half the stuff we know is from Russian Intel operatives being given orders to hand out the information.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

bird food bathtub posted:

And Pootie Poot standing nearby with manhole cover at his feet. Dude's playing Donnie like a fiddle. I will be the exact opposite of surprised when it comes out that half the stuff we know is from Russian Intel operatives being given orders to hand out the information.

More like a 50 cent kazoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Slide whistle

• Locked thread