Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Seems pretty staged to me.

Yeah, seems pretty staged to me as well, especially with the Destiny 2 beta starting today. PU gets to "prove" his rules are law, and Doc gets an excuse to go play another game for a few days, as well as a bunch of free press.

Br'er Disrepect posted:

Please, Br'er PlayerUnknown, don't fling me in dat brier-patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

lol

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VulgarandStupid posted:

I've never been punched to death or frying panned, hope this helps. Melee is like 50/50 on terms of outcome and so is betting on who gets a weapon first. You're an idiot if you want to play those odds.

same, except a lot

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
rootin tootin shootin lootin

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

That's the stuff

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Just the other day I beat down two dudes in fist when none of us found a gun, poo poo's dead easy just do ADAD like you're playing Planetside and they can barely hit you. Just takes forever to drop them because it's poo poo damage if you can't headshot with the superman.

When I was done I voice chatted at them to see ya and left them there in the field bleeding instead of finishing them.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I've never been punched to death or frying panned, hope this helps. Melee is like 50/50 on terms of outcome and so is betting on who gets a weapon first. You're an idiot if you want to play those odds.

Did you ! stats the thread before replying to it?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Deviant posted:

Did you ! stats the thread before replying to it?

VulgarandStupid has talked to me in Discord and my Badness Score is like 38, maybe all of you are just boring chatters.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Where do you go when your South America Elo score gets too high?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Neon Belly posted:

Where do you go when your South America Elo score gets too high?

Asia, of course.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I stacked with VulgarandStupid once and I had fun. However he did find out that despite having a decent KDR and winrate my comms and decision making are terrible.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Goons have never been elite in any video game, and Mr. Strict KDR checker man isn't gonna change this 100% fact.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Great Beer posted:

This is why I wish they'd give the ability to place a marker where your crosshair is pointed at like Rainbow 6 does. "On my ping" is way easier to understand and react to.

But since that's not in the game and there's no indication that is going to happen, the easiest thing to do is identify if the person calling the direction is to your right or left. If they're on your right, look on a heading further right than they're calling out. Ditto left. Unless you're very far apart or the enemy is somehow between the two of you you'll find the target quickly enough.

you can just pull up the map and drop a marker on the place you're looking at, which takes like two additional seconds assuming you know where you're looking on the map (usually not very hard). some sort of shortcut for this would be nice though

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

the bitcoin of weed posted:

you can just pull up the map and drop a marker on the place you're looking at, which takes like two additional seconds assuming you know where you're looking on the map (usually not very hard). some sort of shortcut for this would be nice though

That doesn't give elevation, and placing it on the map isn't nearly as precise as place it by view. Just like telling your squad where someone is isn't as accurate as showing them.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

add a paintball gun so you can mark trees where baddies are hiding

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm streaming some more games over at https://www.twitch.tv/deejah

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Shima Honnou posted:

Just takes forever to drop them because it's poo poo damage if you can't headshot with the superman.
Aim at the space above their heads to headshot with your regular punches

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

That doesn't give elevation, and placing it on the map isn't nearly as precise as place it by view. Just like telling your squad where someone is isn't as accurate as showing them.

Does elevation matter that much, though? If it's a hill, it should be obvious, and none of the buildings are so tall you can't easily count the stories.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Does elevation matter that much, though? If it's a hill, it should be obvious, and none of the buildings are so tall you can't easily count the stories.

Absolutely, especially when you're fighting people in houses. But the fact of the matter is, the current system only shows you relative direction of your market, but does not show you distance and is not visually represented anywhere else than your compass or map.

This is from Arma 3, but look at this picture. If you only had the compass, would you be able to spot the guy? Now you have a marker that's also tell you range, although its kind of faint and in white. Now, even if that on screen marker didn't give you distance, you could quickly figure it out by popping open your map and seeing how far it was away, if you're someone who zeroes your scope.

That marker is way more powerful than just compass direction. PS, there is a guy there. If I don't have that marker and only a compass bearing I'm guessing which tree he's behind, or maybe he's even in the rocks if my teammate wasn't specific in his call out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

ControlledBurn posted:

Yeah, seems pretty staged to me as well, especially with the Destiny 2 beta starting today. PU gets to "prove" his rules are law, and Doc gets an excuse to go play another game for a few days, as well as a bunch of free press.

It seems like a clever ruse to cover up the fact that they haven't added car horns yet.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

It seems like a clever ruse to cover up the fact that they haven't added car horns yet.

I want this and I want it to be customizable on the client side so I can decide what all car horns sound like. Some games I'll choose "totally silent, thanks" and some games I'll bang out "La Cucaracha (extended remix)" and occasionally the old "Classic 92 Ford Festiva".

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

Absolutely, especially when you're fighting people in houses. But the fact of the matter is, the current system only shows you relative direction of your market, but does not show you distance and is not visually represented anywhere else than your compass or map.

This is from Arma 3, but look at this picture. If you only had the compass, would you be able to spot the guy? Now you have a marker that's also tell you range, although its kind of faint and in white. Now, even if that on screen marker didn't give you distance, you could quickly figure it out by popping open your map and seeing how far it was away, if you're someone who zeroes your scope.

That marker is way more powerful than just compass direction. PS, there is a guy there. If I don't have that marker and only a compass bearing I'm guessing which tree he's behind, or maybe he's even in the rocks if my teammate wasn't specific in his call out.

I realize the marker is way more powerful, but I kind of like the limitations of not having one, even when it comes to having to open the map to figure out zeroing distance. And as far as specificity of the callout, you should be giving a landmark in addition to the heading.

Also again, when fighting in buildings you only have to deal with what, 4 stories max? It seems trivial to call out where the guy is located vertically in that situation.

I just think having a "pointable" marker would be too powerful.

VulgarandStupid posted:

This poo poo is unacceptable, though.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Because the risk of killing a teammate unintentionally is something he wants in the game? It's not hard to understand.

Yeah and I wouldn't have experienced a moment like last night where, 2v1, a guy tried to throw a frag grenade to kill me and ended up killing himself and his buddy instead.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

I realize the marker is way more powerful, but I kind of like the limitations of not having one, even when it comes to having to open the map to figure out zeroing distance. And as far as specificity of the callout, you should be giving a landmark in addition to the heading.

Also again, when fighting in buildings you only have to deal with what, 4 stories max? It seems trivial to call out where the guy is located vertically in that situation.

I just think having a "pointable" marker would be too powerful.

This poo poo is unacceptable, though.

Yes, I'm agreeing with you, a pointable marker is too powerful. I'm fully against it and I'm pretty sure PU is too.

As far as the acceptableness of TKing goes, who really cares. If you bother to use auto-match for squad, you run the risk of getting TKed. Just don't play with pubbies. TKing is a non-issue for 99% of the population and this seems like a publicity event.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yes, I'm agreeing with you, a pointable marker is too powerful. I'm fully against it and I'm pretty sure PU is too.

Oh, OK, I was misreading you.

:hfive:

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

As far as the acceptableness of TKing goes, who really cares. If you bother to use auto-match for squad, you run the risk of getting TKed. Just don't play with pubbies. TKing is a non-issue for 99% of the population and this seems like a publicity event.

there are a poo poo load of morons that cry every day about the tking in pub games

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

Carebearz posted:

I stay clear of the goon discord because I honestly feel like i suck at this game and I can't really tell who's chill and who's the lovely milspergs on it.

That sounds a bit disappointing. Just picked up the game and was looking for some chill people to squad with in EU.
:smith:

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I hope they don't punish TKers regularly, I like being able to loot my squadmates after they crash.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Soggy Chips posted:

That sounds a bit disappointing. Just picked up the game and was looking for some chill people to squad with in EU.
:smith:

I've played a bunch on there and havent encountered any milsperges, dont fret 90% of the discord are cool dudes, well for goons.

I like how it is now regarding the compass bearings etc, it rewards teamplay when engaging enemies for you to wait for your squad to get into position and to confirm you all have visual before opening fire, and if i'm ambushed or we ambush a squad they should be rewarded for confusing the enemy and not having some dude pop a marker on my head and they all instantly snap to me.

Also car horns or we riot.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
This is not a game for milspergs but people like to use words like defilade sometimes

I say things like contact for an enemy and clear for sweeping houses and so do lots of others. Probably watched too much csi as a kid.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sokani posted:

I hope they don't punish TKers regularly, I like being able to loot my squadmates after they crash.

They should instead implement inventory sharing so you can loot them while they're alive

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Trabisnikof posted:

They should instead implement inventory sharing so you can loot them while they're alive

Well a knocked down guy can still manage his inventory and drop the stuff, I think. If not just add that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The other night I queued with 2 friends for a squad match and our pubbie was cool. He always hung close and never tked us. We had somewhere around 12 kills as a squad and all of us were alive at the end when we won.

That's my story.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Well a knocked down guy can still manage his inventory and drop the stuff, I think. If not just add that.

Yup, if I'm bleeding out and know I'm toast I'll drop my 8x or AR suppressor and crawl away somewhere else. If I can't have it nobody can!!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

If we're going to keep pushing ideas blatantly stealing ideas from Rainbow Six: Siege, I want to be able to interrogate downed enemies to get their teammates' locations. I've been trying it, through traditional methods, but it doesn't seem to be working.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Maybe when the skull face pain gets added you can pull it off

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

VulgarandStupid posted:

If we're going to keep pushing ideas blatantly stealing ideas from Rainbow Six: Siege, I want to be able to interrogate downed enemies to get their teammates' locations. I've been trying it, through traditional methods, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Torture has been proven to be ineffective and provide unreliable information. The enemies you are interrogating are probably saying, "over there," "by the tree," or "by the level 1 backpack."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

cosmicjim posted:

Torture has been proven to be ineffective and provide unreliable information. The enemies you are interrogating are probably saying, "over there," "by the tree," or "by the level 1 backpack."

*With last dieing breath*

"Does anyone have a Red Bull?"

• Locked thread