Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

beejay posted:

All of the stealth heroes have the same size shimmer in stealth. Also Valeera can't really burst you from 100-0. Also how is your team getting destroyed 5v4 before Valeera shows up. What would you do differently if like Greymane flanked and jumped on you?

she can if you're pilot d.va :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

No Wave posted:

No, I don't think they do, but I don't think even or bad win rates make something a fun mechanic.

Stealth IS a fun mechanic. For the Stealther. For the person they are killing it's AT WORST an excuse as to why they were positioned awfully when they got murked. The days of Nova popping a caster's head in one shot like a melon are loooooong gone

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the shimmer should be removed because it's not consistent across all hardware, and can't be because of the engine being used.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I once had a Valeera sit on me all game as Tyrande. I assume because he thought Tyrande is a healer. Little did he know I was by far the worst player on my team so while he wasted his time reducing my already negligible influence on the game my team would massacre the rest of his 4v4. This happened literally every single team fight the entire game and I was very proud of my contribution.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Libertine posted:

Sylvanas has incredible escape. Every time I die on her I've made at least three major mistakes.

I'm really impressed by the Sylvanas's that disjoint Temporal Loop and Bone Prisons. But most people < diamond are pretty awful at using her escapes.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Can we not have the stealth/shimmer debate again? Please and thank you.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So is Chen really as boring as he seems? He's free this week so I've been playing around with him. Seems like you just spam the same keys over and over.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

veedubfreak posted:

So is Chen really as boring as he seems? He's free this week so I've been playing around with him. Seems like you just spam the same keys over and over.

Is there any hero in the entire game you can't reduce to that?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Had a game where the red team's Butcher finished his meat gathering at 6 minutes on the dot.

It was not a good game for me.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Did you not pick the barrel ult?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

No Wave posted:

And The Butcher is very high everywhere. The cool kids all call the Butcher bad though, so my programming is conflicted here.

However, to get an idea of how unreliable hots logs is, Cho allegedly has a 61.5% winrate at Masters and Gall allegedly has a 52% winrate. (I had no idea the site was that dire until now.)

Hmm, yes, I wonder how that could be other than unreliability...

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Is there a hero where I don't have to just press q, w, or e all the time?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Turtlicious posted:

I think the shimmer should be removed because it's not consistent across all hardware, and can't be because of the engine being used.

Yeah, I thought it was just accepted that on different computers it looks different. The argument just gets muddied because once you can see the shimmer it's very hard to miss, so you'll see someone posting screenshots that 'prove' the shimmer is no different (or incredibly harder to spot) and folks who know how to spot it will see it easily, even though stuff like shadows do make it trickier, or higher rez textures make it easier.

I do agree that over time it gets easier to recognize the shimmer and eventually unless you're really lagging a moving (and sometimes even idling) stealth character is completely unhidden. However, the fact graphics or UI settings (like camera lock) make such a difference for players really should be addressed. Either through tutorials to get players up to the "Yeah stealth just means creep won't AA them and I can't target them with non-skillshots," or otherwise reviewing how the mechanic actually works.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Rufio posted:

Vikings?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Rufio posted:

Raynor

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Why would they reveal Kel'thuzad at an event in China when they are afraid of ghosts

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Midnightghoul posted:

Why would they reveal Kel'thuzad at an event in China when they are afraid of ghosts

They're afraid of skeletons, baka.

Your point stands, obviously.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's gonna be junkrat isn't it

What's the command for that smith emote holding the gun to his head

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kloctus

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Blackthorne or fuk u blozz

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Or Anduin with shadowform trait.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Something strange is going on and the game is showing me as having most heroes now. I don't mind this, but it's confusing.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Or Anduin with shadowform trait.

Velen if they are doing this please, we need a draenei

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

No Wave posted:

Smithicide.

:smithicide:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No Wave posted:

It's :brrring

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Midnightghoul posted:

Kel'Thuzad was never censored in China iirc

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

porfiria posted:

Hmm, yes, I wonder how that could be other than unreliability...

I'm really, really curious as to where you're going with this. Please, explain further.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No Wave posted:

However, to get an idea of how unreliable hots logs is, Cho allegedly has a 61.5% winrate at Masters and Gall allegedly has a 52% winrate. (I had no idea the site was that dire until now.)

Not important at all, but hotslogs default filters out heroes less than level 5, so yeah the winrates are different if you have a lvl 5 cho with a lvl 4 gall.

If you filter it by all levels, it evens out:

Except for whatever reason you can't filter to be hero level 1 games only, which would be a fun thing to do.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He means that if any masters players are cho'galling with a non-masters buddy (which may happen enough to be significant given how small the sample size is) the masters on Cho winrate will be higher than the masters on Gall winrate.

10% still seems enormous but it's possible, especially given that across the whole sample set it evens out perfectly. I didn't think of that at all until that post.

To confirm this, Diamond Galls have a 57% winrate and diamond chos have a 42% winrate, a more extreme opposite of the masters stat. There has to be a diamond/masters pair (or a few of them) spamming this guy in HL to move the needle this far.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 18, 2017

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

That's actually a really good point. I learned today.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I will boydcott this game if we do not get Kloctus or Berradine.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Well that was a first. I just had someone in AI completely losing their mind because I picked ai-elite. Mind you, this idiot was not in a group with me. But somehow it was my fault that he was in an elite ai game.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Bogart posted:

I will boydcott this game if we do not get Kloctus or Berradine.

loving Blizz STILL hasn't added Trigore Powersoul to the game

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Are the cloud mounts time limited like the surfboards presumably are? Want the sad or angry ones but don't quite have enough to make them just yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can't wait for Junkrat tomorrow :)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The cloud mounts aren't limited, they're Diablo references. There'd be a riot if they disappeared when the Summer event ended.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

bamhand posted:

I'm really impressed by the Sylvanas's that disjoint Temporal Loop and Bone Prisons. But most people < diamond are pretty awful at using her escapes.

Its not that hard you just press 1 to activate unstoppable

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
How could it be that for the last x pages of stealth chat nobody used the name of that big impact hero we all know and love, that's right folks, "Samuro"

Watching the hgc supposedly the ""pros"" pick loser characters like medivh and li ming and tychus and muradin makes me wonder how good they could actually be if they played winner characters like Butcher and Rexxar

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

veedubfreak posted:

Well that was a first. I just had someone in AI completely losing their mind because I picked ai-elite. Mind you, this idiot was not in a group with me. But somehow it was my fault that he was in an elite ai game.

It still wouldn't be your fault, but I think sometimes the matchmaking for bots just goes "gently caress it, I dunno" and smushes together mixed groups and sets a matching number of bots to the chosen difficulties. Dude could've literally queued for beginner only to end up dealing with elites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

John Murdoch posted:

It still wouldn't be your fault, but I think sometimes the matchmaking for bots just goes "gently caress it, I dunno" and smushes together mixed groups and sets a matching number of bots to the chosen difficulties. Dude could've literally queued for beginner only to end up dealing with elites.

I wondered if that was possible. But I just found it funny that he was completely losing his poo poo because he had to actually play against AI that knows how to play back.