Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Does Bran know that he will break the walls magic, does anyone know that prophecy or is that just something 'we' know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I think that """"""""""""""""""""""""the mark""""""""""""""""""""""""""" was something they pulled out of their rear end to force the plot to move on and will not have any impact nor be mentioned ever again.

The wall will probably come down somehow else.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think he knows that he broke the cave magic but maybe doesn't think of the wall as magic?

I hope that doesn't turn out to be a thing though because the scene in this episode did nothing at all to make it seem like him being on one side of the wall vs the other is a big deal.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
What my imagination just can't come up with is a way in which Bran would be useful at all in the fight against the Night's King.

Unless witheld from the audience, he didn't gain any valuable information from Raven that the other characters didn't find out on their own via trial and error or by reading a book

He doesn't seem to have any special sorcery power outside of warging and seeing the past. Some theories said the "you will fly" thing meant he would warg into a dragon and control him during the fight, but that makes sense in the books were Dany can't control the Dragons and at best can bond only to one, but in the show they are puppies.

I guess if he could learn how to warg into multiple things at once then it would be useful to warg into a bunch of zombies and have them sabotaging the army from the inside.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

He doesn't seem to have any special sorcery power outside of warging and seeing the past. Some theories said the "you will fly" thing meant he would warg into a dragon and control him during the fight, but that makes sense in the books were Dany can't control the Dragons and at best can bond only to one, but in the show they are puppies.

He's gonna warg into the ice dragon, not one of Dany's dragons.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Elendil004 posted:

Does Bran know that he will break the walls magic, does anyone know that prophecy or is that just something 'we' know?

That's not something we know either, that's just a fan theory.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I wish Bran would just fall off the wall and be gone for good, but I'm assuming he hasn't seen his last vision and will play some part as a deus ex machina yet.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Nail Rat posted:

I wish Bran would just fall off the wall and be gone for good, but I'm assuming he hasn't seen his last vision and will play some part as a deus ex machina yet.

He has to tell Jon about the Tower of Joy flashback first, then his purpose is fulfilled.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I am rolling my eyes at Euron a bit.

"Oh no, they stole my best ships"

*Looks at barren island without a single tree on it*

"OK, we will build a new fleet!"

*Shows up with greatest fleet in world ten minutes later*

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

He has to tell Jon about the Tower of Joy flashback first, then his purpose is fulfilled.

That has to happen after Jon fucks Dany though, otherwise I don't think he'd gently caress his aunt knowingly.

If he's told afterwards he'll probably just be like "well that ship has sailed so..."

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Nail Rat posted:

That has to happen after Jon fucks Dany though, otherwise I don't think he'd gently caress his aunt knowingly.

If he's told afterwards he'll probably just be like "well that ship has sailed so..."

They are Targaryens.

Learning that they are relatives is what will compel them to gently caress.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Has Bran ever done anything interesting on the show? I can't even remember what he's done other than act as a vessel for flashbacks and that goofy skeleton fireball fight where Meera's brother got comedy stabbed to death. I guess he did some ruling in Winterfell before Ramsay took over? Warging has been basically pointless on the show and all we have are vague theories of him taking over the zombie army or an ice dragon or something.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong by taking control of a zombie giant or something, but I pretty much just tune out when his scenes come on.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bloom posted:

Has Bran ever done anything interesting on the show?

Him getting pushed out the window at the end of the first episode basically jumpstarts the entire plot.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I hope a giant steps on Bran.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

The only thing that saves Bran/Meera from being the worst thing on the show is the Sand Snakes.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

The only thing that saves Bran/Meera from being the worst thing on the show is the Sand Snakes.

Counterpoint: Everything involving Samwell Tarly

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

WampaLord posted:

Him getting pushed out the window at the end of the first episode basically jumpstarts the entire plot.

He should've just died in the fall. Same effect on the overall plot, no garbage scenes for the rest of the show.

e: no garbage scenes with Bran I mean, gotta be more specific than that on second thought

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That bran scene really was terrible. This show has a bad habit of nothing scenes just to establish location, as if moving people about is an actual story.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

bloom posted:

He should've just died in the fall. Same effect on the overall plot, no garbage scenes for the rest of the show.

Actually it wouldn't have had the same effect because there wouldn't have been the paranoia he would say something, leading to the assassin who was using Tyrion's dagger for reasons I'm still not sure of, leading to the House Stark vendetta against the Lannisters, etc.

He should have been killed by the fever or whatever after the failed assassination. That would've fit well with the bleak nature of the show too.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i love this dumb gay schlock

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bloom posted:

Has Bran ever done anything interesting on the show?

Does he mindrape Hodor in the show? I can't remember.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

IRQ posted:

Does he mindrape Hodor in the show? I can't remember.

He does it in the past, leading to the dumb as poo poo Hold the door-scene.

The only redeeming part of that scene is that you know grrm was probably really proud of that "twist" with the name and is pissed that the show revealed it first.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

bloom posted:

The only redeeming part of that scene is that you know grrm was probably really proud of that "twist" with the name and is pissed that the show revealed it first.

That does count for a lot to be fair.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

skasion posted:

I like that Jaime actually points out how terrible and stupid the strategic situation is at this point though it doesn't give me any hope that they will write it to make sense at all.

this was funny cuz loving up strategically hasn't ever mattered for the lannisters on the show (or in the books).

i mean if we're going to be tactically realistic - dany wins the second she lands because her army has to be bigger than everyone else combined. she could just starve out king's landing. love to see what dumb poo poo allows cersei to keep power for any time at all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i mean if we're going to be tactically realistic - dany wins the second she lands because her army has to be bigger than everyone else combined. she could just starve out king's landing. love to see what dumb poo poo allows cersei to keep power for any time at all.

Also the dragons. gently caress "starving them out" you just burn them out.

Time for everyone to remember how much of a game changer dragons are.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
but cersei we have no allies or food or soldiers and we're outnumbered and surrounded

*yaaaasssssss queeeeeeen slaaaaaaaaaaaaaay*

cersei we won everything wowe

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Also the dragons. gently caress "starving them out" you just burn them out.

Time for everyone to remember how much of a game changer dragons are.

oh yeah i'm a goddamn idiot she could have no army and still win automagically because she has loving dragons.

now it's gonna be even dumber when she doesn't just win right away!

drunken officeparty posted:

What are the odds we never see Essos again and 6 seasons of Dany playing politics and liberator means nothing

this is why she should've starved outside qarth.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What are the odds we never see Essos again and 6 seasons of Dany playing politics and liberator means nothing

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Suddenly Mereen and Quarth are going to be dragged in front of cersie and she rapes and kills one and then shoots the other with an arrow in front of Danny.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gort posted:

"OK, we will build a new fleet!"

*Shows up with greatest fleet in world ten minutes later*

Aren't there a whole lot of Iron Islands?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they're mostly barren rocks. it's why they had to pillage they can barely grow anything.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Gort posted:

Of course, it really makes as much sense as GRRM making them the preeminent naval power in the first place.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

the assassin who was using Tyrion's dagger for reasons I'm still not sure of

Edit: Oh no wait, I think it was Joffrey actually. Everyone suspects him but there's no hard proof at the end of a Storm of Swords.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 18, 2017

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

What bothers me most in this stupid show is how people who walk around what looks like the equivalent of northern Greenland don't wear scarves or even a hood or cap. They're bundled up in furs but then leave their neck and face totally exposed to snowstorms and stuff.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I hate that I have to see all this in 2 dimensional images on a piece of glass. That's just not realistic.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

What bothers me most in this stupid show is how people who walk around what looks like the equivalent of northern Greenland don't wear scarves or even a hood or cap. They're bundled up in furs but then leave their neck and face totally exposed to snowstorms and stuff.

maybe it's like how people from florida think anything below 60 degrees is coat weather.

they're used to the cold.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nearly 4 decades of consuming media has inoculated me to the hero not wearing a hat/helmet.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They may not reveal that Joffrey hired the assassin because that "reveal" was poo poo and people stopped caring about Joffrey a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What? They already did that. Tyrion threw it at him as a wedding gift or some poo poo.

• Locked thread