Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/TheRealMattHunt/status/886799709150617601

I believe there's not an official announcement yet, but the writing's on the wall. Ladyeve was also reporting that the Kamen Rider Gummi and Choco are coming out around August, which is a month earlier than Ex-Aid's..

My personal theory is that the story ends at 43, 44 is the crossover, and there's no 45. I think it's weird that the pamphlet mentions "Build shows up in 44" and makes no mention of 45, which is why I think they're not making a crossover two-parter. It would also help out ABC (Asahi's affiliate) to catch up, since they are gonna have pre-emptions for Koshien in August. Gives them time to catch up before the slot change.

This does not bode well for Build either :ohdear: Asahi pulling some american ABC poo poo here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the movie really is going to be the ending isn't it

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blockhouse posted:

the movie really is going to be the ending isn't it

It will be Ryuki-style.

One will be the True Ending, the other the Neutral Ending.

The Bad Ending is when Kuroto isn't revived, but thankfully they managed to avoid that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pyroi posted:

It will be Ryuki-style.

One will be the True Ending, the other the Neutral Ending.

The Bad Ending is when Kuroto isn't revived, but thankfully they managed to avoid that.

Only in this case, the Good Ending of Dragon Knight won't be there to save Ex-Aid

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Because Ex-Aid doesn't need saving?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's more a joke at the expense of Ryuki than Ex-Aid

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I like ryuki's ending a lot because I love sad gays

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/oni_giri_2015/status/838073490792038402

This is the crossover content I want to see

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what that is

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Burkion posted:

I don't know what that is

Kemono Friends, a shoe-string budget CGI anime that actually turned out to be well-written and charming, hence its popularity boom. You're looking at Serval there, one of the main characters. It's 12 eps, so I'd give it a go if you're curious - it's certainly less of a time investment than the average toku! :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'll have to decline- it looks fine enough for what it is, but not really to my taste.

Still, good art work and nice to see crossovers like that.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Burkion posted:

I'll have to decline- it looks fine enough for what it is, but not really to my taste.

Still, good art work and nice to see crossovers like that.

Fair 'nuff!

Toku update: going slow thanks to my sleep schedule being a mess, but Mebius focusing on the team having actual characters(!) and Mebius being really, really bad at hiding his secret identity is making this the feel-good ultra show I needed. Also, migod those miniature sets are really, really good!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ex-Aid 39:
Man, Parad's beatdown and death was pretty brutal as far as Exaid goes.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

StrixNebulosa posted:

This is the crossover content I want to see

I haven't seen Mebius, what kind of friend is he other than one who is apparently good at setting things on fire, if Burnmite is any indicator?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

I haven't seen Mebius, what kind of friend is he other than one who is apparently good at setting things on fire, if Burnmite is any indicator?

While he's terrible at keeping his secret identity secret, he's very good at making friends and creating a cool light sword! :D

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Important info from toku twitter:

https://twitter.com/SpecialForm12/status/886985392880332800

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Idiot Hearing is my Green Day cover band.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

There's the full text. The once that's obscured by the hand is "WISH DOUBLE EDITORIALS COVER"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tighten Up Reality Gangster is my favorite mid-90's album.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stigma Through Idiot Hearing

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Comments are saying the words are from this album https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_(album)

Tighten Up Reality Gangster is really quite a radical phrase.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, this weeks Ex-aid:

Emu what the actual gently caress oh my god why

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pyroi posted:

So, this weeks Ex-aid:

Emu what the actual gently caress oh my god why

YEP. Emu's actor was great this week, not a single gently caress. I liked his "I never should have asked you" to Dan before his Paradssination. And that last blow was just brutal.

I have to assume Emu knows something we don't though, I don't think he'd do something like that, even for Nico, without at least searching for and trying something else. Maybe it's less of killing Parad and more of a "defeating yourself" thing and he's going to realize the true Genius Gamer M was inside him all along or something. Hyper ExAid is in the preview anyway, so we know whatever happened to Parad in that water imagery doesn't stick.

Also regarding ExAid, without spoilers, in the episode preview it mentions "Extreme Aid," kyukyoku no kyusai. Is that the first time we've gotten a sort of direct reference to the origin of his Rider name? For all I know it was in the promo material, but it's the first time I've ever seen or thought about it.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

YEP. Emu's actor was great this week, not a single gently caress. I liked his "I never should have asked you" to Dan before his Paradssination. And that last blow was just brutal.

I have to assume Emu knows something we don't though, I don't think he'd do something like that, even for Nico, without at least searching for and trying something else. Maybe it's less of killing Parad and more of a "defeating yourself" thing and he's going to realize the true Genius Gamer M was inside him all along or something. Hyper ExAid is in the preview anyway, so we know whatever happened to Parad in that water imagery doesn't stick.

Also regarding ExAid, without spoilers, in the episode preview it mentions "Extreme Aid," kyukyoku no kyusai. Is that the first time we've gotten a sort of direct reference to the origin of his Rider name? For all I know it was in the promo material, but it's the first time I've ever seen or thought about it.

On the water imagery: The entire time all I could think of was all the ridiculous amount of water imagery in Agito. My favorite Dan moment in the episode is him giving absolutely no cares about Nico dying because she can come back as a bugster, like him! And I'm pretty sure he was lying when he claimed destroying Cronus's Chronicle gashat would cure all the patients just to get Emu to stop.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This must be the only time when a complete curbstomp from the heroes' side doesn't feel good to watch. In fact, it felt goddamn terrifying. Emu sure can be scary when he wants to be.

I shouldn't be asking the hero to stop beating up the villain, Ex-Aid. That's not how it works.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

This must be the only time when a complete curbstomp from the heroes' side doesn't feel good to watch. In fact, it felt goddamn terrifying. Emu sure can be scary when he wants to be.

I shouldn't be asking the hero to stop beating up the villain, Ex-Aid. That's not how it works.

Right? Especially when Parad had been built up this episode as kind of a Heart analogue, a Series Monster with some individuality and a desire to live. My favorite moment was probably the bit where Parad says 'We'll finish this next time' and starts to teleport out and Emu both literally and figuratively loving yanks him back to reality, that was both unexpected and coldblooded.

gourdcaptain posted:

On the water imagery: The entire time all I could think of was all the ridiculous amount of water imagery in Agito. My favorite Dan moment in the episode is him giving absolutely no cares about Nico dying because she can come back as a bugster, like him! And I'm pretty sure he was lying when he claimed destroying Cronus's Chronicle gashat would cure all the patients just to get Emu to stop.

Re: Dan- Yeah, I completely agree, he didn't sound like he believed it at all, it was just a desperate gamble to try and stop Emu. He's technically right though, those who die via Bugster Virus are kept as data in the Gashats and can be revived, can't they? But I think Dan is the only one who would see that as a reasonable excuse to stand by and let someone die. Dan is great, and awful.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Decade :syoon: Ryoma Warring and Gokai Silver confirmed to return for the next Garo movie

https://twitter.com/garo_project/status/887887477951705089

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ignis posted:

Decade :syoon: Ryoma Warring and Gokai Silver confirmed to return for the next Garo movie
There's a part of me that kind of almost misses the Wärring / Ryouma and Ornac / Gridon arguments.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/garo_project/status/887887477951705089

Eww, that means it's a Ryuga movie. No thanks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Shout Factory's release of Megaranger has moved to October 31st, per a release date change email Amazon just sent me.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

quote:

On July 15, the movie made its final stop in Japan, where it failed to make much noise. The movie is projected to earn under $1 million in its opening weekend and will lose to recently opened Japanese titles including Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales and Cars 3.
Despite being the home country of Super Sentai, the original source footage for Power Rangers, Japan ultimately caps off the story which summarizes Lionsgate’s run with the Power Rangers: an inability to gain any traction internationally.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Even without Gintama and Pokemon (the actual toppers of this weekend), it was never gonna beat Pirates and Cars together. They just sent it out to die.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, the merch sales must have been amazing for them to be in talks for a sequel.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

God, the merch sales must have been amazing for them to be in talks for a sequel.

Billion dollar franchise

In toy sales

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Low viewership, high merch sounds about right for toku. :v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Oh my god guys, ,GUYS Shut up about rangers for a bit and LOOK! http://news.tokunation.com/2017/07/21/s-h-figuarts-shinkocchou-seihou-kamen-rider-1-takeshi-hongo-43284

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That looks SO much better than the original Figuart Ichigo

If they release that mold in the darker original colors I would have to grab that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Evilspacewhale/status/888253783859372034

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shout Factory announced Gingaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Shout Factory announced Gingaman.

Curse you for posting faster than me!

https://twitter.com/PowerRangersNOW/status/888603652109156352

• Locked thread