Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Frijolero posted:

It's not illegal or unethical if the right people in the State Department give you permission* :smug:

*Except for the email server, literally nobody thought that was a good idea or approved it lol

You'll find that state department IT in 2008 was a dumpster fire and Clinton's server was probably more secure than the poo poo they had back then, Mr. Cillizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

zegermans posted:

The Clinton foundation has saved the lives of thousands if not millions and the biggest pay for play scenario the right came up with was the Uranium One thing which was as transparently false as the Jane Sanders fraud investigation.

Meanwhile the DSA is bragging about averaging two signatures an hour in one of the most densely populated areas of the world.

You're a huge turd.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hillary Clinton sucked and was moderate to conservative on poo poo from wars to drug policies to police to Israel and she also took advantage of slave labor.

She didn't however use a secret email server to sell state assets to foreign powers while laundering money through her fake scam charity that totes does nothing.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

UHD posted:

still curious how the slavery bit never made it to the news during the election considering that's the sort of thing that could end any politicians career

sure didn't sink Bill Clinton or Mike Huckabee

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

got any sevens posted:

since she was the boss of the state dept, was she the one who sidelined the rule she was about to break?

also as a washington resident i have to say gently caress boeing

I guess so, I hadn't even thought about the worse implication of her sitting down to write an official memo where she gives herself permission to do dirty rear end poo poo lol

The lady was a fantastic corporate lobbyist, but that wasn't her loving job...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
'there was no smoking gun of proof that she did anything wrong!'

as if that matters lol. sorry but she ran for president, she should not have had a sprawling charity that accepted donations from shitheads clearly trying to curry favor while she was secretary of state. it was profoundly stupid.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Frijolero posted:

I guess so, I hadn't even thought about the worse implication of her sitting down to write an official memo where she gives herself permission to do dirty rear end poo poo lol

The lady was a fantastic corporate lobbyist, but that wasn't her loving job...

the primary function of the US government is to line big businesses' pockets

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

as if that matters lol. sorry but she ran for president, she should not have had a sprawling charity that accepted donations from shitheads clearly trying to curry favor while she was secretary of state. it was profoundly stupid.

dunno I'd rather Saudi Arabia didn't have that money and it was used to keep kids in Africa from dying of HIV

but I agree it's bad optics and not a good look

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

You know what would be a good look, accepting responsibility for your fuckups

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol it actually helped more kids die of hiv since it helped a republican get elected and foreign aid will get cut (if it didn't already)

:smuggo:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Hillary Clinton sucked and was moderate to conservative on poo poo from wars to drug policies to police to Israel and she also took advantage of slave labor.

She didn't however use a secret email server to sell state assets to foreign powers while laundering money through her fake scam charity that totes does nothing.

Your Abuela fetish is fine and all, but it's clouding your judgement.

It doesn't have to be a massive conspiracy. The mere fact that she set her own private email server with nobody's permission is stupid as gently caress and rightly made people wary of her.

(Oh and then she lied about it a bunch of times and dug herself a loving hole everywhere she went)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
look at this guy who cares about the optics of the actions that a presidential candidate takes

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

dunno I'd rather Saudi Arabia didn't have that money and it was used to keep kids in Africa from dying of HIV

ahh yes the classic "but they are stealing money from the people donating it" like that's the purpose of those donations and not a pre-emptive quid pro quo

this was my favorite obama speech take, glad to see it make a comeback

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

NewForumSoftware posted:

ahh yes the classic "but they are stealing money from the people donating it" like that's the purpose of those donations and not a pre-emptive quid pro quo

this was my favorite obama speech take, glad to see it make a comeback

I guess I don't see how donating to a regularly audited charity is as quid

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

it doesn't surprise me that a bad dem (or at least bad dem apologist) doesn't understand how politics works

here's a Q for you, why do you think Saudi Arabia donates money to the Clinton Foundation?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

zegermans posted:

no, you see, clearly the US wouldn't have done anything beneficial to longtime ally Saudi Arabia if not for a few million dollars donated to a charity

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
well the good news is

she has a lot of free time now to solicit donations and save more kids :)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Same WaPo article:

In 2010, two months after Boeing won its $3.7 billion Russia deal*, the company announced a $900,000 contribution to the William J. Clinton Foundation intended to rebuild schools in earthquake-ravaged Haiti. The foundation, which Hillary Clinton now helps lead with her husband and daughter, has become a popular charity for major corporations.

* TWO MONTHS after HRC acted as saleswoman, and early in her tenure as Sec.State lol

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Main Paineframe posted:

no, you see, clearly the US wouldn't have done anything beneficial to longtime ally Saudi Arabia if not for a few million dollars donated to a charity

"few million dollars" might want to fact check your source there tiger

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

well the good news is

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/16/clinton-global-initiative-lays-off-22-as-donations/

but for some reasons donations are drying up? I don't understand. Shouldn't long time civil rights supporter Saudi Arabia donate regularly to such a respected organization?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i approve of this and hope he keeps it up

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/887362410813808640

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/16/clinton-global-initiative-lays-off-22-as-donations/

but for some reasons donations are drying up? I don't understand. Shouldn't long time civil rights supporter Saudi Arabia donate regularly to such a respected organization?

b-b-b-b-ut it's regularly audited!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i'm sad the train was late

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i only click observer.com links sorry

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

The Clinton foundation has saved the lives of thousands if not millions and the biggest pay for play scenario the right came up with was the Uranium One thing which was as transparently false as the Jane Sanders fraud investigation.

Meanwhile the DSA is bragging about averaging two signatures an hour in one of the most densely populated areas of the world.

this does not answer my question

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Condiv posted:

"it is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven" - some berniebro

That guy again? I hope someone nails him to a tree for that quote

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/mekosoff/status/887427644521840641

Happy Birthday!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

docbeard posted:

They do not want to dismantle the ACA, they want to give it a fresh paint job and some chrome wheels.

in other words, a more punitive fine for going w/out insurance and hundreds of billions of dollars more for private insurers.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

in other words, a more punitive fine for going w/out insurance and hundreds of billions of dollars more for private insurers.

But with fresh paint and chrome wheels.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Condiv posted:

"if we become more conservative they'll have to cooperate with us!"

how many times do dems have to get bitten by that idiocy before they learn?

I don't think it's idiocy as much as cover for their butts.

as long as there are blue dogs, bad dems have their excuse as to why they govern so similarly to the gop.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't think it's idiocy as much as cover for their butts.

as long as there are blue dogs, bad dems have their excuse as to why they govern so similarly to the gop.

Having fall guys has diminishing returns. The gop blamed the Dems then the rinos and now everyone is a rino and the loonies have their own caucus. Making blue dogs the problems promotes the idea that the problem is coming from within the party

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

i only click observer.com links sorry

I got you fam

http://observer.com/2016/11/foreign-donors-begin-pulling-out-from-clinton-foundation/amp/

also lol at the disclosure.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

"independent" voters are typically informed partisans who for some reason or other don't want to identify R or D.
The dumbest dregs of society you're actually looking for are "undecided" voters who can't be bothered to spend 20 minutes a year to go vote unless there's a candidate they saw on the tv and are really excited about, like Trump or 2008 Obama.

that may have been true five or six years ago, but a growing number of indy voters are young'uns disgusted by either party.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Having fall guys has diminishing returns. The gop blamed the Dems then the rinos and now everyone is a rino and the loonies have their own caucus. Making blue dogs the problems promotes the idea that the problem is coming from within the party

http://www.salon.com/2010/02/23/democrats_34/

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zegermans posted:

Yeah she probably used her normal account

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

lol @ anyone like zegs who would defend the clinton foundation's work in haiti for earthquake relief to privatize & profiteer haiti for their donor pals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0506_story.html

For instance, the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund invested more than $2 million in the Royal Oasis ­hotel, where a sleek suite with hardwood floors costs more than $200 a night and the shops sell $150 designer purses and $120 men’s dress shirts.

One recent afternoon, the hotel appeared largely empty, and with tourism hardly booming five years after the quake, locals fear it may be failing. A spokeswoman for Occidental Hotels, the chain that runs the hotel, said that occupancy is up this year and that the project will “mature in the long run.”

Bill Clinton also introduced Marriott officials to Denis O’Brien, an Irish telecom billionaire who has contributed millions to the Clinton Foundation. The result is a $45 million Marriott hotel that opened this month in central Port-au-Prince. O’Brien said no Clinton money was invested in the project.

The ultra-modern hotel is adjacent to the headquarters of Digicel, a communications giant owned by O’Brien. When The Post visited recently, many, if not most, guests seemed to be foreign businessmen connected to Digicel.

Other Clinton-backed projects have not delivered on lofty promises: A 2011 housing expo that cost more than $2 million, including $500,000 from the Clinton Foundation, was supposed to be a model for thousands of new units but instead has resulted in little more than a few dozen abandoned model homes occupied by squatters.

Controversy surrounding the Clintons only deepened with the recent revelation, contained in an upcoming book by Peter Schweizer, that Tony Rodham — Hillary Clinton’s younger brother — serves on the advisory board of a U.S.-based company that in 2012 won one of Haiti’s first two gold-mining permits in 50 years. After objection from the Haitian Senate, the permits have been placed on hold.

“Neither Bill Clinton nor the brother of Hillary Clinton are individuals who share the interests of the Haitian people,” said Samuel Nesner, an anti-mining activist who thinks mining poses great environmental risks and will mainly benefit foreign investors. “They are part of the elite class who are operating to exploit the Haitian people.”

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

well the good news is

didnt they shut the charity down after she lost? proving that it was just a bribe machine

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hill bad

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

got any sevens posted:

didnt they shut the charity down after she lost? proving that it was just a bribe machine

technically the part that shut down was just the global initiative. the rest of the slush fundfoundation still exists.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

UHD posted:

hill bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i wonder what african country they offloaded all the hillary swag on

• Locked thread