Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Sasquatch! posted:

Everyone that I know that took time to travel in their early 20s looks back at it as one of their fondest memories. That was such classic "out-of-touch Howard", and I don't think it was a radio bit. Wasn't he berating Sussy for not getting his career on track as soon as humanly possible?

I always thought it was him saying what he wanted to say to his kids, but to Sussy instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

musclecoder posted:

I always thought it was him saying what he wanted to say to his kids, but to Sussy instead.

Ding ding ding.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
high pitch erik's stream got taken down on a copyright notice from disney lmao

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Who's High Pitch? This is Mickey Mouse.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
This isnt High Pitch, this is Kelly Clarkson

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I hate High Pitch. I've started skipping over his segments. He is a disgusting leach, and I hate that Howard gives him attention.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Twat cream

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I hate High Pitch. I've started skipping over his segments. He is a disgusting leach, and I hate that Howard gives him attention.

Agreed, he's vile. I'm big into Bobo right now. Him claiming his dick was 7 inches the other day was hysterical, even moreso after everyone saw his button in the mankini.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Agreed, he's vile. I'm big into Bobo Steve From Florida right now. Him claiming his dick was 7 inches the other day was hysterical, even moreso after everyone saw his button in the mankini.

Fixed that for you

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I enjoyed that Navy Seal interview from Tuesday but can't find the entire thing. For some reason, the uploads omit large sections of Tuesday's show. Can anyone point me to the whole segment or that not allowed?

edit: These Kaitlyn Jenner bits are getting annoying.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 20, 2017

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I totally agree on the Kaitlyn bits. It's not an "offensive" thing, they are just not funny.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Lifespan posted:

I totally agree on the Kaitlyn bits. It's not an "offensive" thing, they are just not funny.

Agreed. I just had a friend go through MTF SRS, and so the "50 ways to cut your cock off" song is particularly obnoxious.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

This is a classic video I honestly don't think I've seen since it aired on E!. Howard has a guy in to fart for a world record and the guy shits on the floor and keeps farting. This is pre-germophobe days as Howard is rolling in laughter the entire time while the entirety of the rest of the crew is beyond disgusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDxk000zNHc

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Does anyone know if they're going to put the Guns n Roses concert from last night up on Sirius On Demand? If not, can someone PM me if they know where I can get it?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Crotch Bat posted:

This is a classic video I honestly don't think I've seen since it aired on E!. Howard has a guy in to fart for a world record and the guy shits on the floor and keeps farting. This is pre-germophobe days as Howard is rolling in laughter the entire time while the entirety of the rest of the crew is beyond disgusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDxk000zNHc

seems like howard always had weird exceptions to his germophobe poo poo

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/earthquake-kos-greece-turkey-1.4215356

Earthquake kills a couple people.

*Inappropriate Jackie laugh.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

burmart posted:

Does anyone know if they're going to put the Guns n Roses concert from last night up on Sirius On Demand? If not, can someone PM me if they know where I can get it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKZNyoBZe0

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Guns n Roses trivia bit was terrible until they started getting weird. Gary playing trumpet to Asian Pete singing was awesome and I hope they bring it back.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

burmart posted:

I was curious also. I'll PM you if I can find it, Still looking for that Navy Seal goy interview too. And what constitutes "Guns n Roses" as a band anymore even ? Is it just Axl and a bunch of other guys because Slash is mostly the whole thing to me. I suppose I could search for it.

Lifespan posted:

The Guns n Roses trivia bit was terrible until they started getting weird.

The superfan dude who started off losing and who they pranked with a fake Slash call was an insufferable douchebag. The asian pete poo poo was funny. I actually got 3 right (Patience, Mr. Brownstone and It's So Easy)

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I was curious also. I'll PM you if I can find it, Still looking for that Navy Seal goy interview too. And what constitutes "Guns n Roses" as a band anymore even ? Is it just Axl and a bunch of other guys because Slash is mostly the whole thing to me. I suppose I could search for it.

The superfan dude who started off losing and who they pranked with a fake Slash call was an insufferable douchebag. The asian pete poo poo was funny. I actually got 3 right (Patience, Mr. Brownstone and It's So Easy)

I think slash was there playing at that concert dood.

Yup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZvJvRoaek

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

JB50 posted:

I think slash was there playing at that concert dood.

Yup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZvJvRoaek

Well right on then.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Just want to say thanks for posting this link. They sound great.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Funny story, that back cover was supposed to be the front cover and title of the second book. That picture was taken at Donald Trump's wedding of all places and Trump gave the picture to Howard to use for free. It was about to go to press and the publisher got cold feet and they compromised on putting it on the back cover.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Look Out!

The OJ drops are probably my favorite Norris sound effects.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Two Kings posted:

Look Out!

The OJ drops are probably my favorite Norris sound effects.

I see OJ

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
One of my favorite OJ bits.

It happens.

https://youtu.be/DBL9PYecVb8

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

And what constitutes "Guns n Roses" as a band anymore even ? Is it just Axl and a bunch of other guys because Slash is mostly the whole thing to me. I suppose I could search for it.

Axl and his management own the name "Guns n' Roses" so that band consists of Axl + whoever he wants to be in the band. Slash's accountant probably said "Hey bro you're almost out of money" which facilitated the new tour because they still hate each other because they're both ego-driven stars with no sense of real life interactions with human beings.

Axl has ridiculous stage fright which is why he's always started shows 3 hours late/cancelled them in the past, and been known as a huge risk of flaking - it's cool to see he's finally gotten the right prescriptions that allow him to get over his anxiety because they sound pretty great right now for as long in the tooth (and out of practice) as they are.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Lookie here!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ether Frenzy posted:

Axl and his management own the name "Guns n' Roses" so that band consists of Axl + whoever he wants to be in the band. Slash's accountant probably said "Hey bro you're almost out of money" which facilitated the new tour because they still hate each other because they're both ego-driven stars with no sense of real life interactions with human beings.

Axl has ridiculous stage fright which is why he's always started shows 3 hours late/cancelled them in the past, and been known as a huge risk of flaking - it's cool to see he's finally gotten the right prescriptions that allow him to get over his anxiety because they sound pretty great right now for as long in the tooth (and out of practice) as they are.

Slash just went through a divorce a couple years back too

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

^^^ That's horrifying.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Saw them twice in a row last summer, and they were awesome both nights! And punctual, started right on time. I was surprised at how good Axel still sounds, and Slash just gets better with age.

As for the original lineup, they've got Axel, Slash and Duff, which is close enough for me. They were the important ones, anyway.
Dizzy the occasional keyboardist is still with them, and they also hired an asian lady to do keyboards and backing vocals. The new drummer is a machine, he's perfect.

EDIT: LOL, this graph from Wikipedia.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 23, 2017

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Yeah I was expecting that YouTube clip earlier to be a shitshow but they sound surprisingly good.

I remember Slash was on the show in like 08. Slash pretty much told Howard that he really hated Axl so much as to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table by not doing a reunion tour.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Richard looks like a gay Dracula.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Tim Sabean did an interview with some weird Stern fan site. The audio is apparently awful so I'll just copy/paste the notes someone made on reddit. A few interesting tidbits.

quote:

Howard & Don called Tim before the move to Sirius to ask him if he wanted to come on board. He was thrilled about it & moved from Philly to take the job.

About a month into 2006, Tim burst into tears when Howard called him & told him the channels sounded better than he ever could've imagined.

Tim was never an on air personality before Sirius.

The news team started off with 17 people which in hindsight was too many. If he could do it over he would've only gone with around 4 people.

Tim would not return today if he was asked.

Towards the end of his run with the channels, he did not appreciate being embarrassed on the air like he was. When asked about Shitgate, he said he was so embarrassed by it & clearly didn't want to get into it.

Letting Artie go was heartbreaking for him because he liked Artie very much. He & Howard sat down with Artie in 12/09 and recommended he goes to rehab....which he day for a day or 2 before coming him & stabbing himself. When Artie was hosed up on the air, they were all so confused about it & just didn't know what to do.

Howard bringing in Marci Turk was his sign that his run was over.

After the State of the Channels address where Lisa G asked him if he was secretly dating Brandi Glanville, he went in & told Howard he was fed up with the bullshit and told him he quits.

Tim was not invited to the Birthday show.

Tim would go online all the time to see what fans were saying about the show.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tim Sabean sounds like a decent guy :(

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
My opinion on Tim (after listening to the end of the K-Rock run and all through Sirius till 2010) is that Howard was sick of dealing with Tom and his heavy-handed involvement with the show, so he wanted someone who would take a hands-off approach and let the show run its course. I think that Howard realized a few years into the Sirius run that Tim was too hands-off and things weren't getting done (unlike under Tom who used to bust people's balls all the time and made sure they did their work). Whenever Howard would get angry and talk about people at Sirius acting like they were working at a country club, I always got the impression that it was Tim he was talking about.

I'm actually not that surprised that Howard got someone like Marci in to run the office, considering Tim wasn't doing any programming (which to be fair to Tim, they had no budget for new programs as most people don't want to be paid in plugs), Gary was falling asleep during the show, and everyone was trying to leech off the show (the Block Party, Gary's book, Lisa's book). I'm just surprised he waited so long to do it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

My opinion on Tim (after listening to the end of the K-Rock run and all through Sirius till 2010) is that Howard was sick of dealing with Tom and his heavy-handed involvement with the show, so he wanted someone who would take a hands-off approach and let the show run its course. I think that Howard realized a few years into the Sirius run that Tim was too hands-off and things weren't getting done (unlike under Tom who used to bust people's balls all the time and made sure they did their work). Whenever Howard would get angry and talk about people at Sirius acting like they were working at a country club, I always got the impression that it was Tim he was talking about.

I'm actually not that surprised that Howard got someone like Marci in to run the office, considering Tim wasn't doing any programming (which to be fair to Tim, they had no budget for new programs as most people don't want to be paid in plugs), Gary was falling asleep during the show, and everyone was trying to leech off the show (the Block Party, Gary's book, Lisa's book). I'm just surprised he waited so long to do it.

I think Howard had Tim deal with all the Bubba drama so he could keep his hands clean. This was when Bubba's contract was up for renewal and they waited until the 11th hour to resign him which resulted in Bubba going back to mornings on terrestrial radio and then doing an afternoon show on Sirius.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
This seems like a pretty good writeup of what happened:

http://radiogunk.com/forums/index.php?threads/did-tim-sabean-make-his-own-murderer-marci-turk-by-tweeting-about-robin.11492/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Didn't Tim do a ton of programming? He had Riley Martin, Jay Thomas, Greg Fitzsimmons, Scott Ferrall, Jackie, Jon Hein had a few shows, Back Office Radio, Super Fan Round Table, Geektime, The Intern Show, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting it, but ultimately it's Sternthology and Greg Fitzsimmons on H101 now.