Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

final fantasy xiv has better fishing than xv for the fishing log alone

I would kill for an XIV update that lets you fish in real-time like XV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vargatron posted:

Is there any equivalent to "gently caress" in Japanese. I've heard "kuso" ranges from "drat" to "poo poo" in terms of severity based on context.

I don't believe so, a friend that used to live in Japan talked about seeing Goodfellas in the theaters there and how weird it was to hear the full English dialogue while the subtitles aligned more to an edited for TV version.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"gently caress" has lost a lot of impact in online vernacular anyway, nowadays the equivalent swear word would be more like "noob."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
prompto continues to have a fun time even though everybody is loving dead

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

BRAVE NEW WORLD is immensely bullshit and has terrible humor. they assume you will grind continually

The mod was made with the purpose that you never need to grind. You either haven't played it or you're really bad at videogames (aka a ff fan)

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't believe so, a friend that used to live in Japan talked about seeing Goodfellas in the theaters there and how weird it was to hear the full English dialogue while the subtitles aligned more to an edited for TV version.

See I never got why fan translations opted to go for excessive swearing. Like nobody is ever going to say "well the engine got hosed up in the landing" unless it's in their character. Now Cid from FF7 would make sense, but not Setzer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

My favourite 'I accidentally broke the game,' was giving Offering and Fixed Dice to Setzer

And that's why Setzer never left my party

Well, that and him being proto-Balthier

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Szurumbur posted:

In WoFF, is there ever a point at which one can take more Mirages no in the party or does a good grinding area opens up? I amass an ever greater amount of Mirages and can't really use them, because the SP gain is a bit paltry and there's little need to use strategic teams, and so I just use mostly the same monsters, since I'd have to level up new ones otherwise.

Edit: so far, the only idea I have is camping by a save crystal in the most high level area and just run in circles, attracting battles and changing the Mirages from the Prism Case as the level curve flattens, but is there a better way? Some XP gain raising accessories, perhaps?

Speaking of WoFF, Balthier is available as free DLC for it atm.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJrVQwnB2U

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Seedge posted:

Speaking of WoFF, Balthier is available as free DLC for it atm.

I think I put about 10 hours into that, and my wife maybe a little more, and it seemed like it was just way too basic to stay very fun, does it get more... complex? Eventually?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i'm really bummed that this hasn't been ported to pc yet. a simultaneous release would've been really cool, but i'm stuck here waiting for two years :(

like i could just get a ps4, but i'd only ever play ff15 and persona 5 on it, and that seems a waste of the price tag of a ps4 just for two games, ya know?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The White Dragon posted:

i'm really bummed that this hasn't been ported to pc yet. a simultaneous release would've been really cool, but i'm stuck here waiting for two years :(

like i could just get a ps4, but i'd only ever play ff15 and persona 5 on it, and that seems a waste of the price tag of a ps4 just for two games, ya know?

Don't be, it was massively massively disappointing.

As an action game it was pretty fun for the first few hours, but as a final fantasy I might actually rate it below XIII. The story is just a completely unmitigated disaster in every respect.

The four main duders are good but everything else is paper thin.

Dude if you get a PS4 play bloodborne :cheeky:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The White Dragon posted:

Ew, you're going to play Dragon Quest 11 on 3ds?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Don't be, it was massively massively disappointing.

As an action game it was pretty fun for the first few hours, but as a final fantasy I might actually rate it below XIII. The story is just a completely unmitigated disaster in every respect.

The four main duders are good but everything else is paper thin.

Dude if you get a PS4 play bloodborne :cheeky:

i think it's pretty fun but whatever

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

i think it's pretty fun but whatever

Hey I said the same thing but cool

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I really liked that game up until Leviathan but then it was like "oh poo poo, they bit off too much".

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Vargatron posted:

I really liked that game up until Leviathan but then it was like "oh poo poo, they bit off too much".

Yep that is precisely the moment when the game reveals itself to be entirely shallow and pointless.

Its a pretty decent skyrim game but its a pretty bad final fantasy.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it's certainly better than 13

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
modern final fantasy ratings:

15 > 13 > 12 > 10 > 9 > 8 > 7

:monocle:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

14 >

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
While true, I think it's unfair to compare 14 to the others, hence why I left out 11 also

And I'm one of the idiots who bought that hard drive/modem bundle for 11 :negative:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

modern final fantasy ratings:

15 > 13 > 12 > 10 > 9 > 8 > 7

:monocle:

galaxybrain.jpg

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The White Dragon posted:

FFXV is going to be under construction for a long time. The characters are cool and fishing and cooking with your bros is fun, but after a certain point the plot starts getting real weird and dumb. They are adding new scenarios and have a long term gameplan for the game but FFXV is very much still a work in progress.

Persona 5 is aces though. Pick that up for sure if you have a PS3.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Guys I think I might be deprerssed about Final Fanasy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

precision posted:

While true, I think it's unfair to compare 14 to the others, hence why I left out 11 also

And I'm one of the idiots who bought that hard drive/modem bundle for 11 :negative:

I played XI on PC but I had a PS2 modem anyways and used it to play SOCOM and THPS3 like all of two times online.

The network just wasn't there until the end of that era.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

Guys I think I might be deprerssed about Final Fanasy.

That's because Final Fantasy has been dead since the end of Disc 1 and everything since has been its final fantasy.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

The White Dragon posted:

No World of Final Fantasy?

it's certainly better than 13

Nah. The music is better tho. And the ending too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
13 is really impressive because for hours and hours you absolutely hate that little poo poo Hope and by the middle of the game he's like the third best character.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I'll take Vaan over Hope

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

13 is really impressive because for hours and hours you absolutely hate that little poo poo Hope and by the middle of the game he's like the third best character.

This says a lot of really bad things about XIII's cast

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

Ew, you're going to play Dragon Quest 11 on 3ds?

i know how i am with dragon quest games, my rule is "never pay money for one" because i'm only gonna play the first five hours and never touch it again. i really don't enjoy them, and i've played the first five hours of every one except for ix and x.

Ventana posted:

No World of Final Fantasy?

of all the things i do have, i have a ~playstation vita~

desktop is life, handhelds are hometown

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 19, 2017

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Andrast posted:

Why would you grind in a series where every game is easy without grinding?

But... the numbers go up!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

edit: wrong person.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Arist posted:

This says a lot of really bad things about XIII's cast

Moms are tough

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

Moms are tough

but do moms continue to be tough after they're dead

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The White Dragon posted:

but do moms continue to be tough after they're dead

They do when they're linked to dragons made of mist.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Instead of remaking FF7, which already had 3D graphics and FMV and whatnot, I wish they'd remake FF4 again but properly this time, just change it to the 10/12/13/15 modern 3D style with big rear end awesome cutscenes of the giant robot fight and the tank army and oh man that would be so good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ff4 is the last ff to need more remakes ever

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Can someone explain to me why my black mage isn't doing anything in battle? Her gambits are a series of element: weak then two element: vulnerable, but in battle she just stands there doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tae posted:

Ff4 is the last ff to need more remakes ever

FF7 getting a remake is far more pointless than taking an "old era" game and running it through a "modern game" filter. That would be either really good or a really good trainwreck.

Wouldn't mind if they did that for FF6 either, honestly. Wanna Suplex Doomtrain in glorious 3d