Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I did the survey last night!

I think three points for a fumble is too much but I like the +1 for fumble recovery, so I voted for -2 fumble +1 recover your own fumble for a net -1 (your fumble in this case likely only cost your team a down and some yards). My suspicion is that unrecovered fumbles are common enough that a -3 would have some impact, but probably not enough to throw lots of close matches.

I haven't tested this in the scoring, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I voted, but I don't have strong opinions on those questions.

I still haven't decided on a permanent team name :ohdear:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
5 out of 12 have done the survey.

We are 3-1 against adding return yards for interceptions/fumble recoveries.

3 want a flex defensive slot added, 1 each want nothing or a LB.

The exact same 3 split to adding 1 roster slot with 1 saying two and 1 saying zero roster spots added.

We're at 2 to change waiver settings, 2 maybe, and 1 hard no.

The preferred settings are: What we currently have, with 3 votes.
1 for the First Come First Served after the waiver but before kickoff.
1 (mine) was a thought about maybe making a minimum bid of $8 or something for those First Come First Served players. It would be an incentive to plan ahead a little bit.

Change defensive scoring has 1 vote for no changes.
1 Vote for both sack yards and TFL yards.
2 votes for each of QB hits and QB hurries.

3-1-1 for no change to fumble recovery points.

100% agreement so far on freezing taxi squads at playoff time.

3-2 split against weekly winnings for "Best RB scoring" or whatever.

3-2 split on awarding a made up 1.13 draft pick to the consolation bracket winner.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So can we convert the league to 2017 yet? Any problems with just doing it so the drat MFL app stops giving me an error every time I open it?

Poll results with 6 people answered out of 11. Probably the best we're going to get eh?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RkKm3f9DJqC6NySolgXG6T4GXYMVjOSDCBBHWzAzoKg/edit?usp=sharing

We need to figure out a new owner for Metapod too. I don't know of anyone else who wants to do a dynasty league.

I tried changing the picture for the league to :confused: but I can't with the skin that we currently have. Maybe I'll gently caress around and change the skin, but most skins use banners across the top and that's out of my league with graphics.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1. Yeah it's fine to convert to 2017, but I believe I'll need to pay the dues.
2. Yeah during the offseason half the league typically stops paying attention, that's normal. Nothing feels urgent anyway, so...
3. I expect to be able to recruit a replacement in August, when people start getting excited to play Fantasy again. Right now, most folks are either burnt out or paying attention to other sports. I'd be surprised if anyone wants to take over a for-money dynasty league team in March. I advise patience, and don't panic until we're a week out from the rookie draft without a replacement yet.
4. Lemme know what you need. I'm not an expert but I've done a decent amount of image manipulation. Original artwork, not so much, but I can work with an existing image just fine.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 15, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Your face is a butt and I want more football.

Forgot about the dues. Oops.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Changelog update because I'm clearly bored.

Updated league spreadsheet with screenshots from ESPN showing all 3 playoff weeks.

Tweaked the tabs in MFL. Changed My Team, News, Gameday. Added Transactions and League History. Added 5 awards for each season of the league so far; 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Absolute Worst.

League History isn't showing the "Record Streaks" yet for some reason; maybe it'll populate when we roll to 2017. Unable to import any information from ESPN for weekly high scores, high player scores, or anything like that.

Congrats to Ash for winning the league twice in a row; I somehow missed that. :toot:

Edit: Adding a Bulletin Board tab the second I can figure out how the gently caress to do it. Then can add the league laws there, crap like that maybe.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 15, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm upgrading our league to 2017, so I can pay now and get a discount.

Unfortunately MFL seems to think it's cool and good to wipe out at least some of the customization Spermy did, ugh :negative:

Also:

quote:

Thanks for taking the time to set up your 2017 league home page on MyFantasyLeague.com! This important message will detail the next steps you need to perform to make sure you're ready for the 2017 season.

Most importantly, unlike in past years, we were not able to convert all of your league waiver settings to the new year. We have made a major change in how player add/drops work, giving you much better control of this critical process and also simplifying it for most leagues. But this means that your 2016 waivers settings could not be transferred over. So as a first step, you should access the new Add/Drop Setup Page and configure your add/drop and waiver rules.

If your league is a keeper (or dynasty) league, whereby some or all players are kept on rosters from year to year, please read on. If your league is not a keeper/dynasty league, you can safely ignore the rest of these instructions. Next steps in this upgrade process include:
  • Transfer some or all 2016 roster players over to this 2017 league on the Transfer Rosters page.
  • To prevent owners from doing transactions against your 2016 league, you should consider going to the For Commissioners > Setup > Abilities Setup page to remove the ability for owners to perform any transactions.
  • Set up your "base" 2017 draft order on the Draft Order Setup - All Rounds page.
  • Import 2017 future draft pick trades on the Import Future Draft Picks page.
  • Depending on your league rules, owners may not need to declare their keeper players until later in the off-season. You can use the Keepers Setup page to indicate how many players owners can keep, and then after owners have declared keepers, you may use the Select Keepers page to indicate what players should be kept on each franchise.

So I'm working on this now. For the moment I've turned off the ability of owners to make roster changes of any kind. You should still be able to post to the message board, etc.

Just as an FYI, the league costs $69.95 this year, because last year we got a first-year discount that we can't get this year. So with the $25 dues that go to the prize pool, our individual dues will be $30.83. I hope that's OK with everyone! We're still getting a $20 early bird discount vs. the full price.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 7, 2017

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Since this is more for fun (lots) and glory (little) than money it's all good. One of these weekends I will have to sit down and get some sort of idea where I am going with my team as it is ummmmm, interesting to say the least right now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
30.83 is fine, and we gotta find a new owner at some point.

Remind me to look at the customization. I knew rolling poo poo out immediately following their change was a bad idea. Ah well.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I found the skin we were using, and I *think* it kept the arrangement of widgets otherwise. I also did the things on that list, except for setting up the draft.

I'm working on this year's game schedule. And it looks like nobody traded any 2017 draft picks, so that makes the draft fairly straightforward.

I remember last year we had some, uh, issues with the draft, right? I had to pause it repeatedly to make things work? I honestly don't remember and probably should have taken notes. I think we eventually figured it out tho.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Leperflesh posted:

I found the skin we were using, and I *think* it kept the arrangement of widgets otherwise. I also did the things on that list, except for setting up the draft.

I'm working on this year's game schedule. And it looks like nobody traded any 2017 draft picks, so that makes the draft fairly straightforward.

I remember last year we had some, uh, issues with the draft, right? I had to pause it repeatedly to make things work? I honestly don't remember and probably should have taken notes. I think we eventually figured it out tho.

Yeah there were some issues, I think partly because someone was late and we couldn't figure out how to autodraft for just them? There might have been something else too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

IIRC if you set up in advance a priority order of dudes, the thing just autopicks for you the instant it's your turn? Maybe there was a way to turn that off. I think someone else intended to draft a guy but somehow drafted a different guy, and then we had a hard time figuring out how to undo that, I had to pause everything to make it happen.

The thing I find about MFL is that the UI is atrocious and a lot of things work in a way you don't expect... but everything is thoroughly documented. So I'll read through the doc carefully and you guys should do the same, during the week before the draft. I'll pick out the specific help pages that the owners need to read through.

I thought about doing a manual draft, too. It wouldn't be too hard to use a third-party drafting thing, as long as we can easily remove all the players that are already rostered. Doing that might even allow for mid-draft trades of players/picks, if anyone feels like they want to do that.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Seems a bad time to do it, but not sure there's a good time, I'm not going to be able to continue with the league. Promotion at work and new responsibilities on some other outside of work activities means I won't be able to do multiple leagues this year.

Sorry guys, have enjoyed it massively.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sorry to see you go, Hixalot, but thanks for letting us know. It's been fun!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Some of the issues were just 'how the hell do I skip turns' too but that was later in the draft.

Congrats on the promotion, Hix, sad to see you leave!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Gratz hixalot!

I'll be back this year, milky lickers!

How do I pay again?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Paypal I think.
Whatever you do, don't loving write "Fantasy Football" in the memo.

Gotta fill 2 slots too, so once people start posting about FF in SAS we'll post too and try to get them filled so we can draft during 3rd/4th week of preseason.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I figured I'll ask for dues much closer to draft day, so I can get them all at once. Also we talked a few months back about having some week-by-week special prizes etc. and if we do that, any cash prizes would add to the dues. Do we want to do anything like that?

That said, if you decide to pay dues now, that's fine, I made the budget tab for this year already so I can record your payment properly.

e. Oh yeah also if we somehow can't find two people, shifting to a 10-team league is another possibility. We'd dump the entire rosters of both abandoned teams into the rookie/free agent draft, create two new divisions of five teams each, and adjust the regular season and playoff schedules. I'd much rather recruit two replacements, but this would be a viable Plan B, and if we do it, the dues will likely change.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Just a heads up if anyone uses MFL Platinum on Android. The app is no longer available on Google Play, so you need to go through Amazon which requires installing Amazon Underground and then you can get the newest version of the app. No idea how updating it works, but we'll see shortly...

I just wish I could pay to remove ads for fucks sake.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ooh good call. Hmm. I think I have it on my phone and then also maybe something on my Kindle, I'll have to look into that. I only ever use the mobile app to watch my score on football days, I do team management stuff exclusively through the website, so if I can't get it working no big loss.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Hi guys.

I think I am interested in joining and taking over 'who da titoons' (yay worst team?), after talking briefly with Leperflesh. After having had read the rules doc, is there anything else I need to know before leaping in?

I'm sure this is a terrible way for me to waste some of my money.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

Hi guys.

I think I am interested in joining and taking over 'who da titoons' (yay worst team?), after talking briefly with Leperflesh. After having had read the rules doc, is there anything else I need to know before leaping in?

I'm sure this is a terrible way for me to waste some of my money.

Actually it's an excellent way to waste some of your money!

You're in, buddy. Nothing much going on right now, but some time around beginning of August ish we'll schedule draft day, do some league maintenance and whatever rules changes we decided on, and start gearing up.

One thing you should definitely do is bookmark this thread, and send me your email address. PMs or email me at my user name at gmail dot com.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Nothing you need to know other than your 2017 first pick was traded to me. Don't bother looking for the trade, or why it happened.

It did. Trust me.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Nothing you need to know other than your 2017 first pick was traded to me. Don't bother looking for the trade, or why it happened.

It did. Trust me.

For some reason I don't believe you...

(That said, can we start talking about trades? I suppose folks are just not active yet..)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Once you pay or get access to the league feel free to talk trades. Emails are listed on the MFL page.

Unsure when the league unlocks for trades to happen, but the draft is after a few big name guys blow ACLs in preseason.

I am FDS.

If you want to rename your team let me know. I will redo a logo (Your team initials) unless you have another simple logo you want to use.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Once you pay or get access to the league feel free to talk trades. Emails are listed on the MFL page.

Unsure when the league unlocks for trades to happen, but the draft is after a few big name guys blow ACLs in preseason.

I am FDS.

If you want to rename your team let me know. I will redo a logo (Your team initials) unless you have another simple logo you want to use.

The rule is, you pay before you can make trades for that season. The league doesn't unlock during the summer but in theory I can manually do trades if we decided we needed to do that. My one concern is, we presently have a non-owned team left and it's not entirely fair to that future owner for trade negotiations to be happening that they can't potentially try to get involved in. We also have probably some other owners who are checked out and not checking the thread right now.

This is of course why we have locked teams and no activity during the offseason...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
No activity? We got a new owner! This is the most excitement I have had all week.

But yeah, fill both slots and open trades and poo poo imo. Another league i am in never closes; about 80 trades this off-season so far, including draft picks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The first preseason game is in less than a month! We should probably start slowly gearing things back up. I am gonna have to read back through the last few pages and consolidate all of the changes we've considered; we can start maybe recruiting for our remaining open slot; and once we have that person, we should open up for collecting dues, pre-draft trading, set the schedule, and pick a date for our draft.

This summer is flying by for me, it feels like football is coming up real fast all of a sudden.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
55 days till kickoff! Gonna take a while to find someone for sure. I can ask in my other leagues if anyone wants it. What team is available again?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hawk Hunters

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I stepped down as commissioner and quit my long-time friends keeper league because it wasn't challenging enough and my friends are a bunch of pain in the rear end manchildren. I have been trying to get them to move to a dynasty cap league for the last two years so that I'd come back, but gently caress them this looks much better and I hate those guys anyway, I'd be totally down to take that free team if you'll have me

e: I am legit joining this league because this team has clive walford

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 18, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haha well that's certainly fine! Welcome aboard, Teemu. Please PM or email me with the email address and "real" name you'd like me to use for your team on MFL, and I'll set you up before the end of the day. My email address is my username at gmail dot com.

We have been in a summer quiet period, but now that we have a full set of owners, I'd like to make sure everyone is present and then start discussing any rules changes etc. I went through the league rules page earlier today and made some comments/notes, but I know we had several items proposed in the spring that we should consolidate.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I gotta dig up my Google survey. That had most of it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Teemu Pokemon is up and going I believe. The Hawk Hunters are now the STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE

FYI I just noticed we'll need a new commissioner, since we lost one.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Prepare yourselves for STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE

e: I know I am the new guy but I do have commissioner experience, so if no vet wants to do it, I could step up

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 18, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have emailed the whole league from my gmail account to request folks report in here and also start collecting dues. As always you can see the dues status on our spreadsheet: look for the 2017 Budget tab.

I've updated the Teams tab as well, and still need to finalize the 2017 schedule tab.

I'm gonna hide the individual teams tabs on the spreadsheet now, because we don't use them for tracking rosters and the cap any more. They're still there in case we need them for historical purposes, they just won't be visible among the tabs. You can see hidden tabs from the little "All Sheets" button on the bottom left.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 18, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

"Teemu posted:

e: I know I am the new guy but I do have commissioner experience, so if no vet wants to do it, I could step up

It's a triumvirate, 3 guys who vote on stuff and majority wins. We had a pretty hopping first year, we ruled on hundreds dozens several one thing in 2 years.

The rules probably state how to replace a member, but I assume it's just 'the only person who wants to will get it' sort of thing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rule 11.2:

quote:

Two other Commissioners are selected by the Owners from among any volunteers.

So basically we need one or more volunteers and then a vote among the owners. If we only have one volunteer they presumably win, but a commissioner can be removed by a vote of no confidence (two thirds vote to remove) so that's still kosher.

The rules do not anticipate what happens if there are no volunteers. Presumably we just continue with two commissioners until such time as we get a volunteer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'd rather let someone who's been around do it, but if we need a guy and no one wants to I'll do it. It seems mostly perfunctory since it doesn't seem like you guys have many disputes and there just needs to be someone just in case

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 19, 2017