Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Guy Goodbody posted:

In case anyone was wondering if Zack Snyder stepping back meant that some color might accidentally sneak into Justice League, here's the design of the main villain

Are they fighting white martians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they have ciaran hinds (caesar, mance rayder) playing that guy.

as a cgi mo cap character.

what a loving waste.

naem
May 29, 2011

grey brown gray brownd grey brouûńe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

they have ciaran hinds (caesar, mance rayder) playing that guy.

as a cgi mo cap character.

what a loving waste.

That's criminal, he's an amazing actor.

King Arthur made a similar gently caress up of casting Jude Law as the bad guy and then replacing him with a CGI skeletor for the final battle

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

naem posted:

grey brown gray brownd grey brouûńe

earth-tones people

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao at Rich's face in the new vid

"And that's not fake news!!!"

Holy gently caress

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEd3DpH_e0

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gently caress yes STAR WARS I LOVE STAR WARS

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress yes STAR WARS I LOVE STAR WARS

This but unironically

E: VVV :hfive: after jerking off R2D2 toy

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 18, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

This but unironically

I am also being unironic, that's why I used all caps to indicate my enthusiasm.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

drat, I just checked youtube like 5 minutes ago and there was nothing!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Mike wants Admiral Ackbar to be a gay hipster.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is there a list of all the movies and tapes Mike said were the worst thing he's ever seen?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I just noticed how good Mike's haircut looks after seeing him sitting next to Rich

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

loving LOL emilia clarke is in this poo poo heap?

i didn't think it could get worse. incredible.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol, they assume the film is going to have a coherent plot.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mike made a Star Trek Voyager reference.

The new Han Solo comic already did a big space race arc.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, you love Star War?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ZgPuPY7OQ

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i laugh more at the mike and rich discuss Star Wars videos than at best of the worst

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i bet the movie is dumber than anything they've come up with.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I think some of their ideas are actually good so :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I don't think there's going to be a Jedi, because it clashes with Han's skepticism of the Force. I guess you could have the Jedi do Force stuff while Han isn't looking, but that'd be dumb.

Maybe...just dumb enough to work.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
darth vaders suit is one of the best rlm videos. Mike and rich cracking eachother up about the slashed budget and palpatine reconstructive surgery center.

I m extremely hype to watch this new video

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FrensaGeran posted:

I think some of their ideas are actually good so :shrug:

they aren't. just a fyi.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think it's quite as good as the darth vader video but it's pretty good.

I just saw wonder woman and hahahahaha holy poo poo it is so bad, why the gently caress did people like it? I mean it was ok but holy poo poo the ending was unbelievably bad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bring back old gbs posted:

darth vaders suit is one of the best rlm videos. Mike and rich cracking eachother up about the slashed budget and palpatine reconstructive surgery center.

this is all taken from a book for 8 year olds, mind you

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bring back old gbs posted:

I m extremely hype to watch this new video

Budget cuts at EmPalSuReCon is second only to the majesty of Rich unboxing the Melissa McCarthy GhostbustersRei action figure. :3:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Mike's Palpatine is really great.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm on board with Rich's black hole theory.

Duke Silver
Nov 6, 2011

Saxiest Man Alive

Why does he bully Rich Evans :(

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just watched Doctor Strange. Add another garbage villain to the Marvel movies pile. It's hard to believe between so many films the only bad guys to be remotely memorable were Jeff Bridges and Kurt Russel.

And Michael Giacchino is quickly turning into the new James Horner for lazy recycling of his own soundtracks. Whole movie sounded like his Star Trek stuff. Least it wasn't as horrible sounding as his Rogue One music.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I just watched Doctor Strange. Add another garbage villain to the Marvel movies pile. It's hard to believe between so many films the only bad guys to be remotely memorable were Jeff Bridges and Kurt Russel.

And Michael Giacchino is quickly turning into the new James Horner for lazy recycling of his own soundtracks. Whole movie sounded like his Star Trek stuff. Least it wasn't as horrible sounding as his Rogue One music.

Doctor Strange is shockingly bad. It's just loving Batman Begins beat for beat for the first hour and then you get some lazy inception poo poo. Total shite.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hold the loving phone, you found Jeff Bridges memorable in Iron Man?

Also the main reason the Marvel movies have struggled to have effective villains is because they have gotten so waylaid in quips and references and just generally constantly deflating tension and winking to the audience that no villain has any capability of seeming threatening anymore. The best they can do is have a few funny jokes of their own.

Its kind of impressive imo how they get lazier and lazier about attempting to have even the most basic tension in their movies anymore, which is pretty bad for an action franchise in my view. I guess Vulture was pretty cool.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 19, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

I just watched Doctor Strange. Add another garbage villain to the Marvel movies pile.

madds mikkelsen was definitely garbage, great actor but dumb character. I thought dormammu was a good enough villain though and the way strange had to defeat him was really clever.

much better than spider-man homecoming.

khwarezm posted:

Hold the loving phone, you found Jeff Bridges memorable in Iron Man?

... He was great.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

a bone to pick posted:

... He was great.

When he got his own Iron Man suit BUT BIGGER it was really dumb and he just started chewing scenery with gusto. Before that he was more interesting and subtle and then he ended up being 'IMMA KILLYOU!'

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I am excited to watch the Half in the Bag on this lovely movie sometime next year

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
IT'S SO BAD IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

When he got his own Iron Man suit BUT BIGGER it was really dumb and he just started chewing scenery with gusto. Before that he was more interesting and subtle and then he ended up being 'IMMA KILLYOU!'

Yeah, I just generally remember him as the two-faced gently caress cleverly taking advantage of Tony.

When he got in the robot suit it gave us some cool action scenes, but the character fell apart.

• Locked thread