Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UHD
Nov 11, 2006

gabbard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

actual centrist: drone 1000 kittens and puppies in the middle east until the radical extremists on both sides learn to grow up and accept the privatization of their resources

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

docbeard posted:

I mean, sure, fine, Hillary bad, whatever. I just don't see the value in obsessing over the same drat things over and over just because, I don't know, Zegermans exists or whatever.

YES I KNOW IT'S THE SUCK ZONE

her donors and many of her team are still involved with politics. as long as being associated with the clintons isnt associated with utter contempt the dems will continue to lose

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

in arkansas they call her massa hillary

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in tennessee i call her a contemptable shithead

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
when i rent a slave I expect to win five elections before he rolls over and dies

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Half of the posters ITT and the entirety of HillTwitter have already accepted this as absolute truth. It's really only possible to get there if you haven't looked at a single number or are functionally illiterate (on top of the usual insane polarization).

It's not so much that no one could possibly have beaten him, just that traditional crony politics (of which Hillary was the living avatar) was never going to fare well against the carnival barker/big tent revivalist/medicine show huckster act that Trump had going on. Trump is good at literally nothing else, but he is good at this and it's long past time people acknowledged that.

Webb may have gotten a laugh at a debate when he talked lovingly about murdering some kid in Vietnam, but would never have beaten him. Biden? Well, he failed miserably the last thirty seven times he ran for President but the Onion wrote some funny articles about him SO MAYBE. (Lol no.)

Bernie could have done it. Bernie at least plays in the same arena as Trump. It wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion, though. He'd have had a fight on his hands, and he'd have had a massive political machine working against him which he never had in the primary. (But the DNC- no I mean an actual functional one, not the Donna Brazile Idiotic Hubris Hour.)

If the Democrats run a traditional politician against Trump in 2020 they will lose. End of.

None of this should be taken as an endorsement or an attempt at rehabilitation of Hillary Clinton's lovely lovely campaign.

Shear Modulus posted:

Hahaha

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Bernie could have won
Bernie would have won
Bernie should have won

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
but her unfree males

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agnosticnixie posted:

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/887292895610290176

Humanitarian centrism. I know foreign policy is like the thing most americans care about the least but any democratic primary that doesn't address the grip the Washington consensus has is going to lead to some incredibly hosed up poo poo even if Hillary "Nuke Tehran" Clinton isn't the one running, and want it or not, US foreign policy has knock on effects on some of the terrible poo poo that happens domestically. Imperial centers have a deep rot basically. Basically primary Schumer even if he bends the knee.

ahhh theres the Schumer i been waiting to see

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

actual centrist: drone 1000 kittens and puppies in the middle east until the radical extremists on both sides learn to grow up and accept the privatization of their resources

I know we just changed the thread title but come on

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so this threads still the same five pseudo-Derbyshires hollering themselves hoarse at the zergman huh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hes an unfillable hole, fellas. theres no limit to zegermans appetite for getting yelled at

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

zegermans is a very talented troll, a prodigy

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

welcome [back] to the suck zone

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

All lanyards should loving hang

all loving lanyards should loving hang.

ftfy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

hes an unfillable hole, fellas. theres no limit to zegermans appetite for getting yelled at

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i found that by ctrl+fing on a few random pages in lf

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

docbeard posted:

It's not so much that no one could possibly have beaten him, just that traditional crony politics (of which Hillary was the living avatar) was never going to fare well against the carnival barker/big tent revivalist/medicine show huckster act that Trump had going on. Trump is good at literally nothing else, but he is good at this and it's long past time people acknowledged that.

Webb may have gotten a laugh at a debate when he talked lovingly about murdering some kid in Vietnam, but would never have beaten him. Biden? Well, he failed miserably the last thirty seven times he ran for President but the Onion wrote some funny articles about him SO MAYBE. (Lol no.)

Bernie could have done it. Bernie at least plays in the same arena as Trump. It wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion, though. He'd have had a fight on his hands, and he'd have had a massive political machine working against him which he never had in the primary. (But the DNC- no I mean an actual functional one, not the Donna Brazile Idiotic Hubris Hour.)

If the Democrats run a traditional politician against Trump in 2020 they will lose. End of.

None of this should be taken as an endorsement or an attempt at rehabilitation of Hillary Clinton's lovely lovely campaign.

yeah basically the problem is the only general election candidates who didn't have their head shoved so far up their donors' rear end they forgot they needed to actually convince non-zillionaire voters in the past two decades were obama and trump

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 04:05 on Jul 19, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

holy poo poo I had no idea his career went so far back

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the man has dedication to his craft of getting bawled out

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mods i beg you... please ban zegermans from this thread.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Darkman Fanpage posted:

mods i beg you... please ban zegermans from this thread.

banish him to the true suck zone

day crew trump thread

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

but will not killing puppies and kittens end racism?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zergremains is such a great villain here tho

does he have a specific posting tic that grates, like talking about pittsburgh constantly,or is it just a gestalt postin brand thing????

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
he posts too much. please limit him to two posts a page.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/887331637998096384
Does she know the USSR fell?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

he posts too much. please limit him to two posts a page.

that sounds like id have to pay a bunch of attn to the succ zone tho

im open to anything i could do just when im paying attn

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
make zegermans mod of c-spam

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

UHD posted:

welcome [back] to the suck zone

4.0 You Can [Not] Suck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Squizzle posted:

that sounds like id have to pay a bunch of attn to the succ zone tho

im open to anything i could do just when im paying attn

wait for someone pm you to probate zegermans, and then probate zegermans. thats what i did

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

at about my current level of suck zone commitment

i mean ill have more forums time in my days soonish so that same relative level might mean more absolute time reading this fuckin thread????

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Squizzle posted:

zergremains is such a great villain here tho

does he have a specific posting tic that grates, like talking about pittsburgh constantly,or is it just a gestalt postin brand thing????

Pittsburgh owns

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i was an extremely corrupt ik tho so that solution might not work for you

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
ban all posting in this thread and replace it with just a bot that randomly posts a tweet from any twitter handle with a rose emoji once per 15 minutes.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

make zegermans mod of c-spam

un-ik maxxbot and give al his buttons back imo

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Squizzle posted:

at about my current level of suck zone commitment

i mean ill have more forums time in my days soonish so that same relative level might mean more absolute time reading this fuckin thread????

probate him whenever you feel like it.

• Locked thread