Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Due Up:

JoelJoel (until 10:49 AM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
Ginette Reno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kadri is underrated. He rarely got the minutes or linemates to show his true value. And he's a real pos, which I admire in a hockey player.

Anyway, since some prick took Klingberg already, I'll go with the other Klingberg and select the ghost bear.

Shayne (Shane?) had a down year last season but the Stars are confident he'll bounce right back. He's got all the skills to crack a game open and provided he's paired with someone that can cover for his occasional oopsies (okay, his frequent oopsies) he'll drive the play and sock dingers at the net all day. I wouldn't have taken him this high last year despite his phenomenal rookie campaign, but last season he ate up 20 mins a night and looked ready to step into a bigger role.

He's not a clear cut number 1 D yet, but playing defense is boring and stupid anyway. Ghost, come spookily on down.

E oh, and can someone fill in his info? At work and won't be near a computer for a while.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 19, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You have welcomed Mark Giordano into your heart.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

He old. He'll be okay at that price for another season or two. Probably.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's well worth the price now, and in a few years he'll be fine. Worst comes to worst I Brian Campbell him with X retained for "leadership qualities."

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Im leaving for a tiny holiday tomorrow and wont be back until Friday night. Can I email someone some picks since Im only like 5 away and more than likely will miss tomorrow mornings draft call?

Yeah you can send em to

jordandalyfrey

@gmail

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

Anyway, since some prick took Klingberg already, I'll go with the other Klingberg and select the ghost bear.

You're welcome!

Ginette Reno is up until 12 PM EST, followed by Furnaceface and Jordan7hm. So I guess Jordan will make both of those picks, then.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
wait, brian campbell retired!? he was still a good defenceman!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
e: Actually I'm going to take Ricard Rakell

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 19, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
HEY gently caress YOU THAT WAS MY GUY YOU'RE A DICK

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

HEY gently caress YOU THAT WAS MY GUY YOU'RE A DICK

The other guy I was gonna take is pretty good too hopefully nobody else saw it and you can take him :colbert:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I saw who it was and I don't want him I want my guy :argh:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah you can send em to

jordandalyfrey

@gmail

I might still send you a list in the morning in case this moves fast and another turn comes up before I get back, so thank you.

But before I go to bed Im going to bring back the tiniest wee man Mats Zuccarello to the Rangers because I think he is cool and good and also fits into my team profile perfectly.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

The other guy I was gonna take is pretty good too hopefully nobody else saw it and you can take him :colbert:

Rakell is significantly better than who you originally had, though.

I get that there isn't really a rule against it, but personally I dislike people changing their picks after posting and updating the spreadsheet.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

I get that there isn't really a rule against it, but personally I dislike people changing their picks after posting and updating the spreadsheet.

I mean I did it about three minutes after posting and i wasn't even finished updating the spreadsheet. But yeah I'll try not to do that in the future. I don't care if someone does though as long as you don't do it before the next person picks obviously.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm taking Sam Reinhart.

He's easy to forget but he's 21 year old #2 overall pick who is just scratching the surface of his offensive potential. On Buffalo, so it's all relative, but his possession stats are good too.

I think the Sabres are going to regret not extending him this summer.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Man, I really hope so.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Technetium has until 12 PM EST to pick, followed by ThinkTank and Jamwad Hilder.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
stick to one pick tia

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Kilza posted:

i cant possibly see a reason to discourage it. once the person after you locks in, i figure thats where you should draw the line

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It also falls into the don't talk about players still on the board rule.

I say no mercy. A post is a pick.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I'll take Nino "El Nino" Niederreiter.

e: ThinkTank is up

Technetium fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 19, 2017

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

It also falls into the don't talk about players still on the board rule.

I say no mercy. A post is a pick.

im gonna break this rule repeatedly in a way that prevents people from figuring out who i originally picked

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Andrei Vasilevskiy

Jamwad, you're up.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To be fair, you get 2 hours to pick, and that was an after hours pick to boot so it was more like 13 hours, there's literally no reason with all that time, plus waiting time between picks, that you should ever have to edit a different guy into a post unless the guy you're trying to draft was already picked

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm gonna pick John Gibson and now it's vincent van goats turn too.

Also the changing your pick thing is really lame.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Taking your selection back several minutes after it is already made is bad and I'm going to take the role of dad and strongly caution anyone against doing it again.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
On a lighter note:

With his selection, Vincent van Goat selects beautiful boy Nico Hischier.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Arabian Jesus up. No problem waiting on doing a consensus pick but we should probably be looking at someone to take his place.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
seems way too early for Hischier

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

Arabian Jesus up. No problem waiting on doing a consensus pick but we should probably be looking at someone to take his place.

consensus pick right now would be Eric Staal, everyone fine with that?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Laderhan posted:

consensus pick right now would be Eric Staal, everyone fine with that?

Team old auto-pick is going to win the cup in our league for the next 3 seasons while everyone's junior teams age up.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Staal fits with his depth chart so it's fine. I'll input at 10 if there's no objections

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

To be fair, you get 2 hours to pick, and that was an after hours pick to boot so it was more like 13 hours, there's literally no reason with all that time, plus waiting time between picks, that you should ever have to edit a different guy into a post unless the guy you're trying to draft was already picked

Am I about to be fined a draft pick like the Devils?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
IMO we should wait til the end of the round to autopick.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

In any case - 10AM so my turn to go.

Ivan Provorov is the one-eyed man in the land of the blind - I mean the best defenseman on the Flyers. Not exactly the highest praise, but rest assured I think he's a better than or at the very least comparable to a handful of the young bucks that have already come through (Hanifin, Slavin, Ghost, etc.) At 20 he is already playing the toughest minutes and making Andrew Macdonald look like an NHL defenseman again. More importantly, he's cost controlled for a few more seasons which is very important because of some fucker's $10 million dollar forever contract.

Kilza is up.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I wouldn't mind doing it to prioritize those people that are actually here but I feel it would be best to start that once the snake order cycles back to the top (i.e. next round). That way it's balanced in both directions.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

seems way too early for Hischier

Next year he probably goes in the second round. It's fine taking a #1, even in a bad year, over guys who are comparable to Prororov, El Niño, and Richard Rakell.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Next year he probably goes in the second round. It's fine taking a #1, even in a bad year, over guys who are comparable to Prororov, El Niño, and Richard Rakell.

Even Yak put up .65 PPG in his rookie year. It's pretty much a given that Hischier won't set the world on fire like McDavid or Matthews, but he should at least be a decent top six level producer. at $900k that's quite valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
It's early as he is an unproven commodity but at his junior production and being on an entry-level deal it's fine.

• Locked thread