Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

cvnvcnv posted:

Anyone got an Energy pulse? Been crushing with this Kinetic one, Nightshade, but I have seven Energy slot weapons already so I'm wondering if there is one.

yeah the nergal pr4. I think warlocks start with it by default, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Nergal pulse is high rof, full auto, and has either skip rounds for better range or a stability perk. It fires almost completely vertically too. Best gun I've used so far.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Mazerunner posted:

I believe they do. My space wizard did, my buddy's did.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

actionjackson posted:

Nergal pulse is high rof, full auto, and has either skip rounds for better range or a stability perk. It fires almost completely vertically too. Best gun I've used so far.

:negative:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's honestly starting to seem like some classes can't get some weapons. does anyone on a titan have a scathelock, nergal, or the energy scout?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's honestly starting to seem like some classes can't get some weapons. does anyone on a titan have a scathelock, nergal, or the energy scout?

I've gotten the first two on a titan

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
now i'm just more aggravated knowing i've had poo poo luck

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:bungie:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

PathAsc posted:

Hearing scouts need tuned sucks,

lmao

1) A fraction of the weapons in the base game are in the beta. The chances of the beta scouts being garbage is pretty high
2) one guy posted about non crits with a scout felt bad? like what garbage tier player rates a scout on non crits? the gently caress?
3) scouts we're garbage for the majority of D1 in both pve and PvP and will likely be garbage throughout D2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Ok so PvE feels fun but is a little limited by the new weapon system and slow ability charge times. But it looks great and feels great otherwise.

PvP seem pretty bland. Won about 20 games in a row, mostly around the 2 to 5 kd mark. Got a 10kd game ill upload. Only went neg once. So my critic doesn't cone from me doing poorly. But it just feels slow and uneventful.

There is no reward for playing aggressive or lone wolfing. Slow and steady oly unless you have a shotgun or fusion rifle.

Smg worls very well in spitting distance. So do side arms. Otherwise those are trash. Oulse and hand canons are the pro choices (surprise surprise).

Shoulder charge is decent. You hit them with it and follow up punch. Easy. The titan sheilds are real strong. The fusion tifle is godly. You can map cunts with that thing. Kills with 1 burst 90% of the time.

Haven't tried the auto rifle yet. Chain gun is half decent.

But yeah. It plays slow and its pretty campy. Those running around like headless chooks get destroyed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

3) scouts we're garbage for the majority of D1 in both pve

You never had a good scout

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I'm kind of hating the multiplayer. They greatly reduced all the fun parts - grenades, melee, specials, and hand cannons. To me it feels like a slower version of COD now.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my huge issue with the pvp right now is that it's pretty much a mater of 'whose teamshotting killed somebody? okay now push the objective and win', both in quickplay and competitive

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Oh and max armor Titan is slow and poo poo.

I suggest a 5 5 4 setup. Feels a lot better

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

Oh and max armor Titan is slow and poo poo.

I suggest a 5 5 4 setup. Feels a lot better

max armor feels solid in a 1v1 situation. the big issue is that's never a thing, so while your teammates dip into cover your slow rear end is getting mulched.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

You never had a good scout

I have 3000 hours into D1. It's a garbage weapon type, disregarding MIDAs complete superiority to literately every other scout.

poo poo weapons bro

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have 3000 hours into D1. It's a garbage weapon type, disregarding MIDAs complete superiority to literately every other scout.

poo poo weapons bro

Burning Eye good but yes.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I'm still quite positive that we've seen armour perks that had "reduce grenade cooldown" and whatnot, like replacing int/dis/str, so full build our abilities will be faster.

I think?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I believe MIDA will return. It has to.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Can't wait to see the full game and see people dropping out from Cabal Drill strike on Nessus as soon as it loads because it's too long and dying to the bullet sponge is too easy and annoying.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Testicle gun is op.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao at the number of four stacks i queue into in competitive

also lmao at the number of them that blow absolute poo poo

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

1) A fraction of the weapons in the base game are in the beta.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So the weapon system is 2 primaries + 1 slot that can equip a heavy or special weapon.

It don't make sense, thats why I had trouble trying to understand it.

In the real game we will get loot by killing enemies? is kind of weird that in the assault we only get a engram from the boss chest.

Tei fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 19, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

poo poo weapons bro

PVE bro. A good highest impact scout is probably the best weapon type there.

Tei posted:

So the weapon system is 2 primaries + 1 slot that can equip a heavy or special weapon.

It don't make sense, thats why I had trouble trying to understand it.

There are no heavy or special weapons any more, just power.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Game needs hmgs so that I can run with auto rifle auto rifle and corrective measure.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

4 friends playing PvP, but if they want to play PvE, they have to kick one.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Aldo I am sorry Shoes that vision of Confluence never dropped for you in year 1.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Tei posted:

gotta roll in groups of twelve now, it's the lowest common multiple of 3 and 4

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Scathelock + Black Scorpion 4SR is a pretty fun combination, also got Better Devils but haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have literally acquired a single non-power weapon that i didn't start with.

where's the loot cave

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao

1) A fraction of the weapons in the base game are in the beta. The chances of the beta scouts being garbage is pretty high
2) one guy posted about non crits with a scout felt bad? like what garbage tier player rates a scout on non crits? the gently caress?
3) scouts we're garbage for the majority of D1 in both pve and PvP and will likely be garbage throughout D2.

I know the poo poo is in beta, but I don't have to trust bungie either. Besides, keystone wrecks in pvp and pve, I'd love to have a similar weapon going forward.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Linear fusion rifles are not the instant death ray I was hoping for. Maybe one with higher impact would do the trick (I got the Tarantula), but I really don't see the point.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Mida and Jade Rabbit aside, scouts are pretty crap in PVP imo.

Scouts are the safest and easiest to use primary weapon in PVE. They get old quick but are great workhorses.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i have literally acquired a single non-power weapon that i didn't start with.

where's the loot cave

the new loot cave is the crucible

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hrm sounds like pvp is p bad, massive overcorrection

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

This is extremely bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
it's really dumb, like if you're going to change up the whole rule of 3's thing for pvp you gotta do it for pve as well