Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Inzombiac posted:

*ahem*

Stardew when

Glad someone had the balls to ask the REAL questions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

HyperPuma posted:

its gonna be real sad when stardew finally comes out and its 30 bucks and i dont buy it

Switch Tax™

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Policenaut posted:

Switch Tax™

Didn't know Lowtax was coming to the Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is Stardew getting a physical release on Switch? I'd like to continue the trend of buying Switch games for $12 off at release.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

like the idea that i'd have 3 people near me that has a switch is almost as impossible as the concept that i have 3 friends just in general

i managed to thread the needle on the latter but i doubt the former is true of any given radius of, say, 20 miles. 50-100 for the midwest

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Hey guys,

Would this charge the switch while playing?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-C...VPower+26800mAh

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It looks like a ripoff of the Anker one which does that, yeah.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Is the Switch the new Vita yet?

Not until Senran Kagura comes out

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Danganronpa Switch when

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anidav posted:

Danganronpa Switch when

That game looks interesting, but hell if I'm paying 30 bucks for a phoenix wright-ish game that isn't just a phoenix wright game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can I get a controller with symmetrical stick/button placement?

Better yet can I get something to use a Dual Shock with the Switch

I have 4 wireless GameCube controllers and 3 Wii U pro controllers being useless

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Danganronpa is better than phoenix wright

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Anidav posted:

:oh:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anidav posted:

i might get it for the winter sale, if it's like five bucks then

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

TescoBag posted:

Hey guys,

Would this charge the switch while playing?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-C...VPower+26800mAh

Yes and no. For something like Zelda, probably not. For something like Shovel Knight, maybe. Find a battery pack that has USB-C support and use a USB-C to C cable.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I have a similar one and it slows down the battery drain a fair bit but doesn't charge really.

lol @ Nintendo releasing the Switch online app and then immediately taking the servers down for maintenence

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Indivisible looks real good and I cannot wait to play it on the perfect console for perfect people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHJUN-d9Wjg

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Anidav posted:

It might be if you hate Phoenix Wright. Or good characters and writing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Anidav posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Honestly I don't know, I just like the gif. I've not played Danganronpan.
I do like Phoenix Wright though! That's tons of fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first Daganronpa game is good and then the quality deteriorates with every piece of media released afterwards.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh my god

It makes sense that if you answer a phone call, it's gonna interrupt your voice chat. I should be able to open WhatsApp while voice chatting though.

Endorph posted:

just driving by to lol at the horde mode being local only. why cant nintendo exist in reality.
Must be pretty embarrassing to come into a thread with the intention to troll but to be wrong. :laugh:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jul 19, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Danganronpa is okay, but pretty much worse in every way than Phoenix Wright. About level with Apollo Justice, maybe.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Oh hey, looks like I was wrong. Servers are online for the app now. But yeah, not much to do in it outside of Splatoon 2.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
The switch is really good. This thread? Not so much.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't understand why they decided to have an app, but I do think the name Splatnet is very good

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ormy posted:

You also pay 3000% more for a switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The first Daganronpa game is good and then the quality deteriorates with every piece of media released afterwards.

I did enjoy "main character returns but now they're full of food" as a plot point of the second game

I know that wasn't really him

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Splatoon is the game a fuckton of people love and play but was doomed to get so-so reviews for a polished AAA Nintendo titles both times. First because lack of content at launch, and second because it was too similar to the first, despite having far expanded content than Splatoon 1 at launch. I wager if we never had Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 was the full package at launch for the Switch, it'd be a low 90s game akin to Overwatch and MK8D.

For the appeal it draws its weird to think of it as a low 80s metacritic game, since I imagine this time around its going to sell like gangbusters even more so now that its on a console with an actual install base.

Meanwhile expansion packs that are just more of the same poo poo for FF14 get in the 90s :psyduck:

Also why did MK8D get such good reviews for being a literal rehash with just an added battle mode and some very small unlock quality of life changes?

MK8 was the best mario kart, MK8 had really good DLC, they put it all in one package. I personally won't buy it but it's a really good game.

Also I played the battle mode with friends and it's really fun too

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

MK8 is great and it's one of those games you can keep going back to with friends and family. The re-release brought back the online community too.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Can't say whether or not Danganronpa is good or not because I don't own the games, but god drat will they have to work hard to make me consider their music better than the PW series.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The soundtracks for both series own.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ormy posted:

Actually I worked really hard on this thread and it's a good thread for good boys and girls and squids.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ormy posted:

I live in this thread like a bug in a corpse so this thread is actually good. Now that you've posted in it you'll float down here too

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Actually I worked really hard on this thread and it's a good thread for good boys and girls and squids.

Agreed. This thread has not reached the heady heights of the previous one. It still has the original title. (When threads get bad is when I start going all roundabout on changing a thread title).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm trying to understand the baclash against the whole "using another app suspends the voice chat" thing.

Like.

The gently caress are you doing checking other poo poo on your phone in the middle of a match anyway? "Hold on, I can't help you fight the other team, I've got to check Facebook for 20 seconds."

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Please be good, Switch App :pray:

I just want to be able to shoot ink at goons on demand.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm trying to understand the baclash against the whole "using another app suspends the voice chat" thing.

Like.

The gently caress are you doing checking other poo poo on your phone in the middle of a match anyway? "Hold on, I can't help you fight the other team, I've got to check Facebook for 20 seconds."

For something like Splatoon, sure, but I could see people wanting to idly browse their phones while playing Minecraft or other creative games.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sometimes I want to answer texts without disconnecting from voice chat

• Locked thread