Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hooked up my ps3, looking through my psn account and have yakuza 4 and 5. which would be best for my first yakuza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yakuza 4.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hooked up my ps3, looking through my psn account and have yakuza 4 and 5. which would be best for my first yakuza

4 for sure.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

BisterdDave posted:

4 for sure.

Every Yakuza game should start off playing as Akiyama.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yakuza 1

Alternate answer: Go out and buy a copy of Yakuza 3 to appreciate being Best Dad before beating up people that really deserve it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You'll never play an older game if you start on a later one. Going from 5 to 3 was torture.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The remake of 1 is out in a couple of weeks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Start with 0, that way when you're done with it the 1 remake will be out, and then you just have to hope they're going to announce 2 and 3 remakes soon.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You'll never play an older game if you start on a later one. Going from 5 to 3 was torture.
That's why I started with 0 :smuggo:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mostly disagree. I started with 5 then went back to 2 and then 3 and I'm about to start 4. 5 is really an excellent showcase for the series, and if I'd started with 2 I doubt I'd have continued. But it sure was nice seeing how things loop forward going from 2 to 3.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big summer sale on EU PSN now. Can't tell how good it is since I already own all the games I'd want from it... :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Big summer sale on EU PSN now. Can't tell how good it is since I already own all the games I'd want from it... :(

It's pretty weak TBH

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Haven't played 4 yet, but 5 while really good and fun most of the time kinda turns into a slog because it's too freaking long

Like the the second character you play as you spend a bunch of time in the woods and it's way too long and boring and it should have been cut out imo

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Saying HP as a resource is unique to metroidvanias is only as ridiculous as saying checkpoints and challenging combat are unique to dark souls :shrug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

I mostly disagree. I started with 5 then went back to 2 and then 3 and I'm about to start 4. 5 is really an excellent showcase for the series, and if I'd started with 2 I doubt I'd have continued. But it sure was nice seeing how things loop forward going from 2 to 3.

2 was as far as I got, starting from 1. So I can agree with the sentiment, it pretty much totally put me off from playing the rest of the series

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Renoistic posted:

Bloodborne is a modern day Simon's Quest :v:

Castle Cainhurst is literally Castlevania, down to the fleamen and the boss being Death.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Policenaut posted:

Are there any reviews out yet for Superhot and the VR variant? I wanted to know if I should avoid those ports but the game doesn't launch until Friday and the bundle deal ends by then so I wanted a heads up.

I got regular SUPERHOT, seems fine. It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RBA Starblade posted:

Castle Cainhurst is literally Castlevania, down to the fleamen and the boss being Death.

Holy poo poo you're right

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
0 is amazing. I'm grinding this poo poo out to gently caress up Mr. Shakedown.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The Disney Afternoon Collection for half the price (EU)? Sign me up!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

they finally put the atelier series i want on sale but... not the first part of the trilogy i want. ffs

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Human Fall Flat is a big hit with visiting family. Two player splitscreen, essentially zero death penalty, and plenty of opportunity to mess around with your friend. Plus it has a freeform structure that people can creatively sidestep challenges. Worth a look on sale

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, I'm having a bit of a problem here. I'm looking at Bloodborne + expansion and Dark Souls III+season pass right now. I pretty much only have time to play one of them, which one gives me the most bang for the buck?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bloodborne is the better game

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

And has the better DLC.

Edit: and has procedurally generated dungeons so in terms of bang for your buck...

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Akuma posted:

And has the better DLC.

Edit: and has procedurally generated dungeons so in terms of bang for your buck...

No, no, we have to move people away from thinking more hours = more better.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
DS3 is good but BB is the best in the series and one of the best games ever made

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah Bloodborne is untouchable

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, I'm having a bit of a problem here. I'm looking at Bloodborne + expansion and Dark Souls III+season pass right now. I pretty much only have time to play one of them, which one gives me the most bang for the buck?

Dark Souls 3 is much longer even if you go for a platinum trophy in Bloodborne. I prefer BB but they're both good.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Kiranamos posted:

No, no, we have to move people away from thinking more hours = more better.

BB is better, and lasts longer. So it kind of kicks DS3's rear end. DS3 is still good though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Bloodborne is the better game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DS3 is also always available on PC and plays better there if you have a system that can run it.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Thanks everyone, I've played a few hours on both games but I never got very far into them before my daughter decided to play discjockey with my physical PS4 library. Decided that digital was the way to go after that.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Are there any reviews out yet for Superhot and the VR variant? I wanted to know if I should avoid those ports but the game doesn't launch until Friday and the bundle deal ends by then so I wanted a heads up.

Here's some Superhot VR discussion in the general VR thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777359&perpage=40&pagenumber=244

Also if you have a PSVR you should join us in the PSVR thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790293&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=117#post474495601

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Flash sale, and The Order is 5 bucks.

I feel like those motherfuckers are trying to get me to buy The Order so they can put it on PS+ shortly after. I will remain resolute!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Pretty nothing flash sale. Ah well, I've been buying too many games lately anyways.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i bought dredd and hot fuzz, since i don't actually own those 2 movies.

real good flash sale :thumbsup:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

PenguinKnight posted:

i bought dredd and hot fuzz, since i don't actually own those 2 movies.

real good flash sale :thumbsup:

Both of those are fantastic movies, so yes, yes it is.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

Both of those are fantastic movies, so yes, yes it is.

Only on the movie side, though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When is doom 6.66 coming out? Isn't it supposed to drop to $15 then?