Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

96 spacejam posted:

are invisble parachutes still a thing, cause they very much feel like a thing when I'm looking in every direction once from the start of the fall to the pop. I expect to 1v1 someone and it's 1v1v1v1v1v1.

Yeah, sure feels like it. I mean, you can be dropping on a roof and have no idea what's on that roof in the way of loot until 2-5 seconds after you've actually landed, I wonder if players are just another thing that's missing from the client's picture of the world at that point, at least in that early game sync up period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I tagged some guy as he was jumping off a roof away from me and he died from falling damage :frogout:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Party Plane Jones posted:

The servers got DDOS'd for a while by morons mad that Doc got temp banned for TKing (no I'm not joking)

you're telling me the ragey crybaby streamer has a ragey crybaby following?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tonetta posted:

you're telling me the ragey crybaby streamer has a ragey crybaby following?

children on the internet

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Ashrik posted:

There seems to be a trend of people upgrading from 8 gigs RAM to 16 and seeing a noticeable improvement. It's definitely a good move

Just a heads up, I'm running 8 gigs and have no performance issues. Everything always loads, nothing stutters, everything is smooth. I'm not sure if RAM is always the answer. Maybe my SSD is picking up some of the slack?

Also, please call out distance when you spot a dude. There's a huge difference between spotting a guy at 20 m, 100 m or 300+ m.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 19, 2017

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I tagged some guy as he was jumping off a roof away from me and he died from falling damage :frogout:

I was lobbing grenades and stuns in one of those small single story buildings before I charged in. The bathroom door was shut, gee I wonder where he is, then I hear him prime a grenade, so I shotgun open his door with my ex magged sk12. He whipped around in a panic and bounced the grenade off the wall and blew himself up, sending his corpse flying out of the bathroom. God I wish I had my vidcap going for that

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Also, please call out distance when you spot a dude. There's a huge difference between spotting a guy at 20 m, 100 m or 300+ m.

I do seriously try to give as much information as I can, but people asking for landmarks when he's by a rock next to a tree, on a hillside utterly littered with rocks and trees, and a half-dozen I can see that could be the culprit... I try to instead give direction (with the added "from Mech") and rough distance (about X meters). If I'm not in a position to engage, I'll drop a marker on him on the map so people know which way to point and look.

One of my pet peeves is when I'm trying to juke someone shooting at me from a distance, trying to hear where the shots are coming from (to inform myself in which direction(s) to juke) and there is some blathering idiot on the comms helpfully trying to tell me and get confirmation that I understand I'm getting shot.

"hey MECH, you're getting shot! You're getting shot at, man! Mech?"

Really? I'm getting shot? Here I thought my health was just disappearing of its own accord, and I was moving all weird because I'm working on my in-game breakdancing skills. But thanks for the totally useful information, and not blocking me from receiving actually useful information that could prevent me from taking the next shot. Your overwhelming concern for my well-being is duly noted.

That being ranted about, it's really only happened like 4 times out of probably 150 games I've played on the goon discord so... meh.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

96 spacejam posted:

are invisble parachutes still a thing, cause they very much feel like a thing when I'm looking in every direction once from the start of the fall to the pop. I expect to 1v1 someone and it's 1v1v1v1v1v1.
I feel like it's more likely that people have simply missed other players and their parachutes, as unlikely as it seems when it you who doesn't see anyone then gets surprised.

Sorry

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

fwiw i have a 970, 8 gigs of ram, an ssd, and a 6600k and I get very consistent stuttering whenever I open my inventory and sometimes when i open the map. The game has straight up froze on me more than a couple of times when i opened my inventory within ~10 seconds of landing. I'm trying out higher settings to see if that takes the load off the cpu but all it does is make the game look better and slightly slower overall, no change to the stuttering.

:shrug:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Turn post-processing down to get rid of the inventory stutter.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Odobenidae posted:

I'm trying out higher settings to see if that takes the load off the cpu but all it does is make the game look better and slightly slower overall, no change to the stuttering.

Unless something is very off the game shouldn't be consuming >less< CPU in absolute terms, it should be consuming less cpu relative to the gpu. This sounds like the kind of stuff that is just the result of people misinterpreting how the settings work.

Not that botched settings don't happen all the time in games but I can't think of an actual practical reason that increasing the quality would make the game go lighter on your processor.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 19, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Odobenidae posted:

fwiw i have a 970, 8 gigs of ram, an ssd, and a 6600k and I get very consistent stuttering whenever I open my inventory and sometimes when i open the map. The game has straight up froze on me more than a couple of times when i opened my inventory within ~10 seconds of landing. I'm trying out higher settings to see if that takes the load off the cpu but all it does is make the game look better and slightly slower overall, no change to the stuttering.

Wth. I'm running the same exact setup and have no issues. I run everything on low/very low except texture which is on Ultra and I'm messing around with view distance at the moment but it doesn't seem to change anything performance wise for me

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jul 19, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Ashrik posted:

I feel like it's more likely that people have simply missed other players and their parachutes, as unlikely as it seems when it you who doesn't see anyone then gets surprised.

Sometimes you can actually see people materialize as you're making your final approach and they're also making their final approach so it's not possible that they just opened their chute and you missed them as they should have been smack in the middle of your screen for the past 10 seconds or so.

I've said this before but I think it's just the game taking its time to load the assets in the beginning of the round to reduce server and client load, I don't even think it's possible to cram all 100 player models inside the plane.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
For people having trouble with lovely performance, add -d3d10 to the launch options and you should get a nice fps boost, and smoke won't gently caress up the framerate as badly, game doesn't really look any different either.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I've already got post processing on very low and have since I started playing, it makes the game super ugly but it seems to help the most out of any setting.

Wth. I'm running the same exact setup and have no issues. I run everything on low/very low except texture which is on Ultra and I'm messing around with view distance at the moment but it doesn't seem to change anything performance wise for me

Those are the exact settings I ran with until now. I've got view distance at medium right now and it doesn't do much for me except make me confused when the loot plane drops the crate out of the rendering range. :v:

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Odobenidae posted:

I've already got post processing on very low and have since I started playing, it makes the game super ugly but it seems to help the most out of any setting.

Those are the exact settings I ran with until now. I've got view distance at medium right now and it doesn't do much for me except make me confused when the loot plane drops the crate out of the rendering range. :v:

My PC has run flawlessly since I put it together. Only thing I had to do was set my RAM to the XMP profile in the BIOS, since for some reason they defaulted to the lowest clock Mhz value possible. However, since I would assume your PC is more or less as old a mine, I think you would have noticed before now.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

odiv posted:

Just played my third match and actually fired my gun this time! Unfortunately it was set to single shot and I held the mouse button down, so it didn't go so well.

Why did I buy this when I knew I would be terrible and that my computer is terrible? It doesn't run great, but I've turned everything down super low and it will probably be tolerable. Anyone else on hand me down PCs trying to play this? I'm using i5-3570K, 8GB RAM, 660TI, and SSD. Unfortunately I'm on wifi right now and can't change to wired for another week or so, but that will hopefully help a bit?

drat zeitgeist. Still, it was cheapish and has made me finally order another 8GB stick of RAM, so not the end of the world.

I'm running nearly the same setup except with 16gb of RAM and run everything VERY LOW except Textures to HIGH because I like a little bit of pretty in my shooters. I haven't run any FPS counter but all of my death and inadequacy with weapons is due to my own age and being new to the game and not poor PC performance.

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
I think we ran into a cheater for the first time. Dude was autofiring a VSS from god knows where in a small circle and wiped us out in a few seconds then went on to kill like 15 dudes in 1,5 minutes. Maybe he was really good I dont really know.

His name was a random string of numbers.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

For anyone with a decent pc with 8gb of ram, upgrading to 16gb made like 90% of the loading and stuttering issues go away for me

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Had the most glorious start with a buddy on duo the other night.
Landed on the roof of the three story factory building SE of Mylta Power along with two other randos.

Madness ensued. I managed to punch one guy down to about half health before he beat me to picking up the P1911 and ammo. He got a couple of shots into me before I supermanpunched him out of the fight.
Now his buddy shifted focus from my teammate to me, since I was down to about 0 health, so I try to keep my distance while my buddy chases him.

We're still on the roof of the factory so there's not many places keep running except for around that fenced in square. So I kept running around that, with the other guy chasing me, and my buddy chasing him.
We must have done thirty laps around that little square, it was a total Benny Hill moment and we were laughing hard the entire time.

I eventually ate a knuckle sandwich and got DBNO. I got the last laugh however when the enemy dude couldn't get around me and my teammate caught up to him.

Unmuted voice chat and had a good laugh with the guy we just downed. Funniest first five minutes of a match ever.

We almost got the chicken dinner too later but the rest of the round wasn't anywhere near as spectacular as the start.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Good night for games, picked up 4 dinners.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Had a fight the other night in the police department on the fringe of Yasnaya. Dude was standing on the staircase to the next floor and had me pinned down in one of the rooms. I was able to guide my teammate who was on the floor below up to contest him and we ended up coming out on top.

Considering how much of this game is shooting from tree to tree it's really nice having combat situations that mix things up a bit.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

Had a fight the other night in the police department on the fringe of Yasnaya. Dude was standing on the staircase to the next floor and had me pinned down in one of the rooms. I was able to guide my teammate who was on the floor below up to contest him and we ended up coming out on top.

Considering how much of this game is shooting from tree to tree it's really nice having combat situations that mix things up a bit.

It'll be nice when there are maps that are less fields and woods and have more buildings and other cover to fight in and around. This is a good map but the variety would be refreshing

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

live free or dont posted:

I think we ran into a cheater for the first time. Dude was autofiring a VSS from god knows where in a small circle and wiped us out in a few seconds then went on to kill like 15 dudes in 1,5 minutes. Maybe he was really good I dont really know.

Cheating, it's not possible to get kills with the VSS.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCuObYcBMEQ&t=1335s
Rescuing my buddies.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

:same:

I had a great moment the other day when my friend and I landed in a random garbage village with another pair. Grabbed a 1911 and went hunting. Downed a naked guy and camped him. My buddy tunnel visioned on looting, and I hear his buddy coming up to the building. I smoked the door he was coming up to and he smoked through the window, so the house is entirely opaque. I sprinted to a different corner and crouched and waited. He comes in and starts shooting into the fog, giving me muzzle flash to aim at. :getin:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

mechaet posted:

I do seriously try to give as much information as I can, but people asking for landmarks when he's by a rock next to a tree, on a hillside utterly littered with rocks and trees, and a half-dozen I can see that could be the culprit... I try to instead give direction (with the added "from Mech") and rough distance (about X meters). If I'm not in a position to engage, I'll drop a marker on him on the map so people know which way to point and look.

One of my pet peeves is when I'm trying to juke someone shooting at me from a distance, trying to hear where the shots are coming from (to inform myself in which direction(s) to juke) and there is some blathering idiot on the comms helpfully trying to tell me and get confirmation that I understand I'm getting shot.

Really? I'm getting shot? Here I thought my health was just disappearing of its own accord, and I was moving all weird because I'm working on my in-game breakdancing skills. But thanks for the totally useful information, and not blocking me from receiving actually useful information that could prevent me from taking the next shot. Your overwhelming concern for my well-being is duly noted.

That being ranted about, it's really only happened like 4 times out of probably 150 games I've played on the goon discord so... meh.

If you're getting shot at and you're not immediately telling your teammates "I'm getting shot" and they are hearing gunfire semi close and are being forced to ask you if you're getting shot after seeing your health go down... you're the problem, not your teammates. You should be able to tell immediately the general direction of the shots. Even one shot should be enough with the echo to use alt and swing the camera quickly to locate it.

Also lol at the whole first paragraph but that's not as bad as the rest

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That BattlEye launcher is loving retarded. It keeps blocking game DLLs at random. And there weren't even any updates, so it's not even being consistent with what it detects.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If you're getting shot at and you're not immediately telling your teammates "I'm getting shot" and they are hearing gunfire semi close and are being forced to ask you if you're getting shot after seeing your health go down... you're the problem, not your teammates. You should be able to tell immediately the general direction of the shots. Even one shot should be enough with the echo to use alt and swing the camera quickly to locate it.

Also lol at the whole first paragraph but that's not as bad as the rest

Guhhhh thank you.

I was playing squads with a guy I know irl last night that I lost my cool at a little. He doesn't really do well at working as a team, and landed apartments at Mil Base despite my other friend and I saying we were going to go for the big factory. He then proceeded to go INTO the apartment (despite the fact that we knew for a fact there were a ton of other squads around).

He goes "guy in here with me."

Several seconds pass, gunfire starts, I ask what's going on, he goes down, he dies, all without saying a word. I angrily ask him to say SOMETHING about what the situation is so that I'm not going in completely blind (since I was already on my way to save him despite him getting into the situation by his own idiocy.)

It's partially on me getting bent out of shape at videogames but for god's sake if you're going to play a tactical shooter that highly emphasizes communication and teamwork, please just put the tiniest effort in.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

live free or dont posted:

The VSS has a full auto mode I think, doesn't it?

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Some people like to call out map coordinates instead of compass directions which makes the "120 for me is 150 for you" thing less of an issue. It's less intuitive to me though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lladre posted:

The VSS has a full auto mode I think, doesn't it?

It does, but with 10 bullets per mag, why?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Some people like to call out map coordinates instead of compass directions which makes the "120 for me is 150 for you" thing less of an issue. It's less intuitive to me though.

I play this game a lot, and I can generally figure out how to make a small adjustment based on relative positioning, but I'm sure as hell going to look at the compass because the numbers mean nothing to me without it. 0 Could be East and 360 could be South West, for all I know.

Also, labeling the map with Letter Axis seems like a huge oversight. There's no way to sub divide a letter to give someone an idea of where you actually mean.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

It does, but with 10 bullets per mag, why?

20 with the extended mag! But yeah it's like an even shittier glock at that point.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Just say both.

"2 traveling S to N at 270 W"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think if we keep spamming PU's twitter with requests for car horns, he'll have no choice but to cave in and give them to us. I already started it up, probably won't do it every day, but we'll see.

https://twitter.com/weedbabygoku420/status/887432609814503426

He didn't answer my request for fanny packs why even live

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Who gives a gently caress about fanny packs when you can be Honkin' around are you kidding me?! I'm going to bind horn to boost and never stop going fast and loud

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

https://twitter.com/weedbabygoku420/status/887699775134597121

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
DLC car horns. Pay 99 cents and you can blast La Cucaracha as you drive around the island. This is just money they're leaving on the table...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

mechaet posted:

lol you also hid laying down in a field during a squad fire fight and got no kills during the game

• Locked thread