Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

my boys

I don't have anyone with QR atm unless I spend a lot of time training and promoting a 1 star Subaki. Anyway, I'll train them all up for SP and see how I go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
A -DEF nature deals 3 damage less with Bonfire and about 5 less damage with Ignis, if that makes a difference.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ah gently caress, I should had grind the tempest trials with autobattle to get me some hero merit

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This morning's Arena highlights:

A Camilla with an Emerald Axe. Uh, sure. You do you, buddy.

And Eirika set a new record! She beat three Hectors! Yes, the person had three Hectors on their team. No, I don't know why. (Their fourth was MRobin, who is Nino food.) Thanks to the defense tiles, Eirika took all of 10 damage from the lot of them.

Triangle Adept, it is good.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I ran into someone with three Hectors and Alfonse on their team last week. It was slightly scary until I realised their -Res one died to my Rein before it could counter thanks to Luna, and my Ryoma tore the other two apart with his bear hands.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

It's been said before, but this map rotation sucks. I don't even mind the boat map that much, but facing horse units on the mountain map is the actual worst. Faced a team with two Mages and two dancers on that map and I'm not even sure how I could have pulled of a deathless win there.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Tried subbing Sonya for Ursula and it doesn't work for me because my Sonya is -Spd :negative:

Woohoo! Did it with Shinji117's strat and some fiddling with skill slots to work with my Sonya. Seal Speed 1 dropped Berkut's speed enough to double him on the second attack and kill him with special proc. Ran into a problem then with needing two attacks to bring down the archer, so the axe cav would crush Sonya next turn. Olivia could block but axe cav would special on the second hit, killing Olivia. It hit me on my drive home that axe breaker would let her take only one hit, so now for the first time I've got all 3 units from the GHB instead of just the 3*.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Retcon posted:

It's been said before, but this map rotation sucks. I don't even mind the boat map that much, but facing horse units on the mountain map is the actual worst. Faced a team with two Mages and two dancers on that map and I'm not even sure how I could have pulled of a deathless win there.

Is this the map you're referring to

Because holy poo poo yes

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Because holy poo poo yes
No, I meant the one with defensive tiles in the middle, but that map also sucks. Dncers+destructible walls make the enemy so hard to predict.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The mountain map with defensive tiles in the middle is great, imo [slowly pushes ryoma and hector out of frame]

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

tithin posted:

What are you using to emulate this?

That was my own playthrough.

I think it would be kinda tricky to do this without the same units. Maybe you can replace Bridelia if you have another heavy hitter. Hector is probably a must-have, I can't think of another green that could deal with the lancer and mage on defense.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Does anyone have any insight on this map in the first lunatic Chain Challenge? I loving hate it and it always ends up eating at least 1 of my teams.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

blizzardvizard posted:

Because holy poo poo yes
Swap Sonia and Azura's positions. Keeps them adjacent so Sonia picks up Azura's Fortify Res. Put Sonia on the lowest sticky-outie threatened defensive tile. Rein and Cecilia will suicide into her. Even if Cecilia survives, the only thing the enemy Azura with the inevitable :wom: can do is give Cecilia another crack at killing Sonia (she won't). Eldigan will probably head south towards Sonia too or blindly barrel ahead towards Xander. Either way, Camus and Xander should make sure he's a dead man. Get Sonia to take out the enemy Azura then dance her the hell out of there.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Trebek posted:

Does anyone have any insight on this map in the first lunatic Chain Challenge? I loving hate it and it always ends up eating at least 1 of my teams.

Horses are the right idea. Even if it takes a bit of time, get every horse to the left side of the spawn point. Leave the Merric killer just outside the threatened area (just before the bridge). Next turn, kill the Merric and have one of the horses Drawback/Reposition said Merric killer out of the threatened area. That should aggro everyone else, which you should be able to handle unless you're a scrub. *airhorn*

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Trebek posted:

This one gave me trouble too.

What I did was take the first few turns to send everyone over to the top left corner (I had to use reposition since my A-team is infantry, but you're running cavalry so you're fine). That corner is a lot more advantageous to strike from, since (A) you have more space and (B) the enemy units don't have as many angles to hit you from when they're en route to your position. From the top left, a ranged unit can ding Merrick and then get dance/drag-back/repositioned to total safety, which you wouldn't be able to do from the original right corner.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
^^ Thanks both of you. I might try to swap Leo for Luke and see how he fairs against Merric.

Tired Moritz posted:

ah gently caress, I should had grind the tempest trials with autobattle to get me some hero merit

You gotta at least do that once a day for the 2 stamina potions. It's basically free real estate.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 19, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Swap Sonia and Azura's positions. Keeps them adjacent so Sonia picks up Azura's Fortify Res. Put Sonia on the lowest sticky-outie threatened defensive tile. Rein and Cecilia will suicide into her. Even if Cecilia survives, the only thing the enemy Azura with the inevitable :wom: can do is give Cecilia another crack at killing Sonia (she won't). Eldigan will probably head south towards Sonia too or blindly barrel ahead towards Xander. Either way, Camus and Xander should make sure he's a dead man. Get Sonia to take out the enemy Azura then dance her the hell out of there.

Cecilia had +24 Gronnblade, G Tomebreaker, and would be sitting on a defense tile. :v: I did the math and Sonya can't one-shot her on the one counter she gets with Moonbow.

I managed to bait Rein and Cecilia with Sonya and Xander separately, but Eldigan beelined to Sonya with Azura's help. Oh well, not like I can stay in T20 as of now anyway.

E: Looking at the map again I realized I probably could've won that map. Camus breaks the leftside wall on the third row, Xander moves into the new empty space, then Sonya breaks the leftside wall on the fourth row, which opens up a space where Rein can move into and attack her. Cecilia can't reach Sonya from that position, so she will attack Xander and die. Reinhardt can't reach Xander but can reach Sonya, so he will attack Sonya and die. Eldigan will probably move into the empty space on the fourth row to get closer to Sonya, just out of Azura's reach, Azura will faff about, then it's cleanup from there.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 19, 2017

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Trebek posted:

^^ Thanks both of you. I might try to swap Leo for Luke and see how he fairs against Merric.

You gotta at least do that once a day for the 2 stamina potions. It's basically free real estate.
I parked Xander (under the effects of Hone, Fortify and Goad) on the top h site. He murdered the archer and Merric if I remember right.

This time trial has been much better for me. I haven't burned myself out. Need 1500 more points for 40,000 but I'll get that with the quests tomorrow. The quests really made me feel better about doing a few each day.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Cecilia had +24 Gronnblade, G Tomebreaker, and would be sitting on a defense tile. :v: I did the math and Sonya can't one-shot her on the one counter she gets with Moonbow.

I managed to bait Rein and Cecilia with Sonya and Xander separately, but Eldigan beelined to Sonya with Azura's help. Oh well, not like I can stay in T20 as of now anyway.

E: Looking at the map again I realized I probably could've won that map. Camus breaks the leftside wall on the third row, Xander moves into the new empty space, then Sonya breaks the leftside wall on the fourth row, which opens up a space where Rein can move into and attack her. Cecilia can't reach Sonya from that position, so she will attack Xander and die. Reinhardt can't reach Xander but can reach Sonya, so he will attack Sonya and die. Eldigan will probably move into the empty space on the fourth row to get closer to Sonya, just out of Azura's reach, Azura will faff about, then it's cleanup from there.

No G Tomebreaker on Sonya?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

No G Tomebreaker on Sonya?

I'm trying out Escape Route on the basis that she can normally one-shot green mages with Moonbow already. Though I certainly didn't think about Res buffs and defense tiles.

In any case G Tomebreaker to neutralize Cecilia's G Tomebreaker wouldn't have helped her here because Cecilia has Fury and Hone Cav, so they tie at 34 Spd, so neither of them will double. Then Azura dances Ceci and kills Sonya.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Shout out to Shinji117 for the game winning infernal strat! Only things i really ended up doing different: my Ryoma couldn't one-shot the mage (got him on the counter though), and my Olivia has TA3 so she took care of all the greens by herself.

cheetah7071 posted:

YTiki/STiki/Julia/Delthea is an A+ arena team and I'm gonna be sad when I can't use it anymore in two weeks

For giggles I tried this team for my three swords today, with Sonya instead of Julia, and even though it's not done (ex. Delthea still has Miracle because I'm indecisive about its replacement) it's still very strong. When I'm finally done with the SP grind it'll be monstrous.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Fritzler posted:

I parked Xander (under the effects of Hone, Fortify and Goad) on the top h site. He murdered the archer and Merric if I remember right.

This time trial has been much better for me. I haven't burned myself out. Need 1500 more points for 40,000 but I'll get that with the quests tomorrow. The quests really made me feel better about doing a few each day.

Yeah, I really dig the changes they made to make the thing less of a slog. I don't even have any 40% bonus units and I managed to reach over 60k points. I gave up shortly after getting Quickened Pulse in the last Tempest, and that was with a 40% bonus unit. I figure I should be able to get up to 70k for one last load of Orbs before the Tempest ends tomorrow night.

Still pulling on the Hone Attack banner until it coughs up a 5*. Pity rate is up to 4.75%. Gimme something, you stupid gacha!

It did give me a 4* Stahl, which saved me the 2k feathers I needed to finish up Sheena... for now.

Who needs Hector? Sheena is my friend.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Did they add any more story to this other than Zacharias Definitely Not Being Our Dead Friend In Disguise

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001

Bogart posted:

Did they add any more story to this other than Zacharias Definitely Not Being Our Dead Friend In Disguise

Yeah, you'll never guess what the plot twist in the latest chapter is.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Did the story maps and pulled a +Spd/-HP Mathilda. Thinking of putting Distant Counter and maaaaaaaaybe Berkut's Lance on her, for more anti-mage power.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Does anyone have a build for Berkut?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Does anyone have a build for Berkut?

Pretend that Camus is Berkut

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

blizzardvizard posted:

Because holy poo poo yes

this map is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

i got murdered by three dancers with :wom: and nowi, trash tier map

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Got a score of 4820 this week. Probably not enough to stay in tier 20 but I'm proud of it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It helps that I never got boats and seem to be in a high enough score bracket that +0 dancers don't show up, making dancers in general relatively rare. I might keep using STiki in my core just because she's +1 and pushes me into an easier bracket.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckoCce4ybbg

Sakura guy did Berkut

Sakura names this time:
Witch Sakura
Popular Sakura
SGGK Sakura (it's a soccer term, stands for "Super Great Goalkeeper")
Berkut, Over Here! Sakura

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Silver Falcon posted:

Who needs Hector? Sheena is my friend.

Oh man, I pulled a random 5* Sheena recently. She is a beast that shrugs off damage like you read about and hits like a truck filled with a thousand smaller trucks. I want to try her and Effie on the same team with some mage support.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

cheetah7071 posted:

Sakura guy did Berkut

Sakura names this time:
Witch Sakura
Popular Sakura

The True Hero

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Sakura guy did Berkut

Sakura names this time:
Witch Sakura
Popular Sakura

oh my god he plays with animations on?
e: nevermind he turns them off halfway through

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 19, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

oh my god he plays with animations on?

If you spent as much as he did, you want every single second seen

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In case anyone doesn't realize it, the reason SGGK Sakura is able to wall so effectively is that she has Obstruct

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 19, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

In case anyone doesn't realize it, the reason SGKK Sakura is able to wall so effectively is that she has Obstruct

I didn't think i'd ever see someone actually find a good use for obstruct. Sakura guy is a true innovator.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There was a good use of Obstruct by MKV using I think Stahl or Draug in the Legion Infernal.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I'm watching sakura dude's mario kart videos and he is a madman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I'm watching sakura dude's mario kart videos and he is a madman

I just watched half of one and idgi, it seems like a fairly standard video of a guy playing mario kart competently and trying to have amusing commentary over it