Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Crane Fist posted:

Okay seriousposting for a minute here: men like Saville were a systemic problem, and their crimes were normalised and covered up by failures on every level of society. The problem now is that rather than giving an honest assessment of how things got so hosed up, Saville is only ever brought up in bad faith by evil shitheads to attack an institution they hate (the BBC) while exonerating and whitewashing away the culpability of institutions they like (the police, the right-wing press, Thatcher's government)

hot take: perhaps saville is merely a symptom, but the problem is that sufficient social/monetary capital makes one immune to the law?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
btw: internet "harassment" isn't real, and those that claim it should be mocked, dismissed and ridiculed.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

internet harassment is real, but when a blue checkmark complains about it, they're almost always lying about it taking place

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

hot take: perhaps saville is merely a symptom, but the problem is that sufficient social/monetary capital makes one immune to the law?

It's not a hot take if you're saying something reasonable and correct

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

internet harassment is only real if it crosses the blood-brain barrier into realspace

twitter eggs calling you a bitch you can just log off from

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

One of those guys is now the head of the NY Times.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Crane Fist posted:

It's not a hot take if you're saying something reasonable and correct

well you'd thik so, but since 2008 I have my doubts.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Honestly, what was the last worthwhile thing the BBC has even? All I can think of is Walking With Dinosaurs and that was in the 90s. Definitely not enough solid content to make up for their many, many, many sexual assaults on women and children.

planet earth is really cool but who knows what attenborough does to all of those baby snakes

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

millennial female tucker carlson here,

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only thing worse than sites like Teen Vogue and AV Club resorting to woke bullshit for the bulk of their content is the fact that they've become more successful because of it. outrage is an infinite resource

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

:psyboom:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
teen vogue, brought to you by NAMBLA

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
teen vogue is actually good as hell

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

teen vogue, brought to you by NAMBLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxDUyXVxjzw&

I watched the video, and I don't know what to make of it.

It feels like a lot of these topics aren't suitable for young children. I -maybe- could see what she's trying to do here, but it's a bit lost on me.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague posted:

teen vogue is liberal-rear end capital worship trash rags indoctrinating our youth

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

teen vogue is liberal-rear end capital worship trash rags indoctrinating our youth

yeah but they talk about buttfucking in a positive manner that makes mike pence get the vapours so

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

it's the sixties all over again, when pedos were for a while considered a legitimate group with a legitimate agenda by plenty hippies

get a job, hippies! :bahgawd: no, not in children's media

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think the idea is more 'literal children can understand this, grown men have no excuse'. Though that's probably the joke.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

imagine being the syrian family blown away by the Epic Clickbait Game of Thrones Joke Bomb.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

safely sodomized posted:

imagine being the syrian family blown away by the Epic Clickbait Game of Thrones Joke Bomb.

Their last thoughts: ' This is just like the time when....'

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Woman's march comes out in support of a cop killer, featuring lovely MS paint
https://twitter.com/womensmarch/status/886652647582859264

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

women's march.... good??

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Assata Shakur is cool and good unlike the dumb #resist liberals calling them out for it.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
She's garbage

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

The wokes also share this very wrong opinion.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Under cross-examination at both Acoli and Shakur's trials, Trooper Harper admitted to having lied in these reports and in his Grand Jury testimony about Trooper Foerster yelling and showing him an ammunition magazine, about seeing Shakur holding a pocketbook or a gun inside the vehicle, and about Shakur shooting at him from the car.Trooper Harper retracted his previous statements and said that he had never seen Shakur with a gun and that she did not shoot him.

shocking!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
a cop killer? sounds good2me.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Relin posted:

Under cross-examination at both Acoli and Shakur's trials, Trooper Harper admitted to having lied in these reports and in his Grand Jury testimony about Trooper Foerster yelling and showing him an ammunition magazine, about seeing Shakur holding a pocketbook or a gun inside the vehicle, and about Shakur shooting at him from the car.Trooper Harper retracted his previous statements and said that he had never seen Shakur with a gun and that she did not shoot him.

shocking!

Irrelevant. Felony murder rule means she's guilty of her associates crimes.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
she wasn't even a minor participant from what i'm reading, she had her hands up and acoli shot at them then acoli drove them away while she was wounded. and she surrendered when the car stopped

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I remember seeing pictures of bombs with stuff like HAPPY RAMADAN, CAMEL JOCKEYS! scrawled on them years ago and somehow, this seems like a step down.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

get that OUT of my face posted:

spanish also has genders for desk and chair (both female). most languages that aren't english do

this is what makes "latinx" so funny

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember seeing pictures of bombs with stuff like HAPPY RAMADAN, CAMEL JOCKEYS! scrawled on them years ago and somehow, this seems like a step down.

That's because the GoT one makes it painfully obvious we are an empire that's about to collapse in the most disastrous fashion.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

MizPiz posted:

That's because the GoT one makes it painfully obvious we are an empire that's about to collapse in the most disastrous fashion.

good

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I think the wokes celebrating her are dipshits. Not her personally, I'll reserve judgement.

I don't know what to make of her personally though. I bet her views on economics are radically different than the wokes though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

they don't pay their writers, which makes them just another outlet that scolds people for not thinking correctly about idpol while not giving a poo poo about structural economic problems. i suppose their political news reporting is worthwhile, but the media landscape shouldn't be in such a state to allow a magazine that's usually about "10 tips to look hot during prom" to be good at it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
is assata shakur one of the "super predators" Hillary was worried about?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think the wokes celebrating her are dipshits. Not her personally, I'll reserve judgement.

I don't know what to make of her personally though. I bet her views on economics are radically different than the wokes though.

Cool man thanks for the update on what you think about The Wokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Dont really have any opinion on Assata Shakur, not a single thought in my head about her, but every person who likes her are retarded dip shites who probably also have an unnuanced view of macroeconomics. Still no opinion about her tho lol